Sponsored by:

Leather Conditioning

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 03:37 PM
My Wife's '09 BBP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ac2001cls
Cool. Thanks for the heads up caball88!

Would anyone like to comment on whether or not Meguiars is better than the Lexol or vice versa?
I used Meguires Gold Class Rich Leather spray(cuz' I'm lazy) just last weekend on my 1 month old ' 05. So far so good, it was very easy to use. I sprayed it on, spread it around and buffed lightly after about an hour. It leaves a light natural sheen and no sliding.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:25 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05ACURATL
where you guys get zaino from? any particular stores?
NorCalZaino - http://www.sjzaino.com/
SoCal Zaino - http://www.lazaino.com/
Old 08-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bfrez
I used Meguires Gold Class Rich Leather spray(cuz' I'm lazy) just last weekend on my 1 month old ' 05. So far so good, it was very easy to use. I sprayed it on, spread it around and buffed lightly after about an hour. It leaves a light natural sheen and no sliding.
While I use Zaino for the exterior, I use the Meguiar's Gold Class spray on the leather bits in my TL (seats, armrest, doorpanels). Easy on, easy off and it smells really good.

I'm sure the Zaino product is great as well, but I broke the bank picking up the exterior care package .
Old 08-02-2005, 07:52 PM
Not a Blowhole

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Lots of marine supply places sell 303 products.

ArmorAll does not "dry out" things literally, but it does have a negative effects on vinyl and rubber. My auto insider pals tell me that the FTC has considered acting against AA several times, but did not - perhaps market forces at work?

A chemist pal specializing in polymers summed it up as follows:

"AA chemnically makes your rubber and vinyl a junkie - once you start to use it, you have to keep using it or bad things happen. AA is especially an issue if you do not completely clean your tires and vinyl each time you use it - it acts with the dirt and brake compund dust to form a goo that can actually hasten dry rot of the rubber - by "leeching" out the rubber stabilizers and vinyl plasticizers".

I avoid anything with high levels of either silicone oil (like the greasy look tire "treatments") or the water-soluble types like AA. I prefer products like 303, or products that use natural sunscreen/emollients - I am told that sesame oil is one such compound.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:49 AM
Unshunned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll have to agree with RR on that - not by means of chemical analysis, but my own experience and that of another car detailing enthusiast friend. AA is like crack-cocaine for your interior...once you start, you'll never get away

303 is the best. I've actually found it at REI before. (the outdoor camping store) It was in the section by the waterproofing sprays for backpacks and such. Though I've only seen it there the one time, I've not looked for it specifically each time I go - just kinda looked as I walked by where I found it the first time. But they DID have it.

HTH