Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather and Brake issue solved

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 12:20 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leather and Brake issue solved

A few weeks ago I posted my concerns about my leather melting (driver bottom seat). I also talked about my brake issues (6MT). I brought my car into Acura, and it turned out they had to give me a different appointment because they had to wait for a destrict rep. to come out to take a look at the leather, and the squeaking of the brakes. It took them awhile to order my "updated" brembo brake pads, because my brakes started to squeak everytime I pressed on the brake. Anyways my rep. was very helpful, and he said he stood up for me because somehow they replaced my brakes for free. I was getting kind of worried because the brakes were $400 to replace, and they did look a little worn down. As for the seat, it only took a day to get. The whole process only took a day, and a half. Now I am driving around with a brand new seat with no buttprints, and brand new brakes I didn't have to pay for.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:31 AM
CEO, Team Anthracite

That's great - I wish I had a dealership in the Bay Area that was as responsive to my concerns.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:36 AM
I6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How bad were the brakes squeaking? So do all dealers know about this "updated" brembo brake pads? I know some members got the rotors resurfaced instead of just replacing the brake pads.
How many miles do you have?
Old 03-06-2005, 12:44 AM
Instructor

Just went over 20k a week ago. I actually told them about my brake issue the first time I brought it in for the 2nd oil change. They told me they haven't made a updated pad for the car yet, and when they did they will call me. They never called me, so when I had my leather issue, I bugged them about the brake issue, and they ordered it. They just had to wait for me to make an appointment the day the destrict rep. was out there to give them the permission to take care of me. They took care of all of it, and there was no problems at all.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:57 AM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Which dealer was this? If I'm ever in Sacramento I should drop by...
Old 03-06-2005, 01:09 AM
Instructor

Elk Grove Acura. You should talk to a guy name Tim. He was really nice and helpful.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:59 AM
Yeah, its STOCK!!!

i used to work for elk grove acura! nice people in there! that is also where i got my car from too!
Old 03-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by 6mtV6
How bad were the brakes squeaking? So do all dealers know about this "updated" brembo brake pads? I know some members got the rotors resurfaced instead of just replacing the brake pads.
How many miles do you have?

I think all dealers know about the Brembo problem. My rotors were replaced completely, along with new pads at about 18K miles. My brakes were worn to almost nothing by the time they fixed it, but they did the right thing, which is replace the rotors altogether.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:58 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by apwalsh
I think all dealers know about the Brembo problem. My rotors were replaced completely, along with new pads at about 18K miles. My brakes were worn to almost nothing by the time they fixed it, but they did the right thing, which is replace the rotors altogether.
Man if I would've known you had your rotors replace, I would've brought it up!
Old 03-06-2005, 09:43 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It was TSB # 0419 if I'm not mistaken, for 6MT. I'd given this no. to Pleasanton Acura in the eat Bay, CA and they resurfaced rotors and replaced my pads during B.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well I have a 05 dynamic with 2500 km, or about 1500 miles and the brakes squeek once in a while during low speed stops. I asked the dealer and they said they will have to try and duplicate the problem. So my question is: Does Acura know of this problem and have they made an official statement/repair that was sent to dealers? If so can someone send me a link/copy something I can take to my dealer to have this problem fixed.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:39 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Originally Posted by audi_to_TL
Well I have a 05 dynamic with 2500 km, or about 1500 miles and the brakes squeek once in a while during low speed stops. I asked the dealer and they said they will have to try and duplicate the problem. So my question is: Does Acura know of this problem and have they made an official statement/repair that was sent to dealers? If so can someone send me a link/copy something I can take to my dealer to have this problem fixed.
I have the same problem and the dealer has repeatedly said that they cannot duplicate the issue. As far as I know, Acura has not released any official bulletin about 5AT brake squeak.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Pro

Excuse me, but what in the blazes is a dynamic? Is that the Canadian term for Automatic? Or was it just a typo?

Sorry to break topic guys.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:22 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I guess its different in the states...In Canada the dynamic package consists of 6 speed trans. Brembo brakes, High performance summer tires, and 27mm front stabilizer bar and 20 mm rear sway bar. I wasn;t aware that it was called something else.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:41 AM
Pro

I guess its different in the states...In Canada the dynamic package consists of 6 speed trans. Brembo brakes, High performance summer tires, and 27mm front stabilizer bar and 20 mm rear sway bar. I wasn;t aware that it was called something else.
I think all those options are standard on a 6MT version in the States, except for the tires. Just marketing I guess.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:18 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by whiteTL
A few weeks ago I posted my concerns about my leather melting (driver bottom seat). I also talked about my brake issues (6MT). I brought my car into Acura, and it turned out they had to give me a different appointment because they had to wait for a destrict rep. to come out to take a look at the leather, and the squeaking of the brakes. It took them awhile to order my "updated" brembo brake pads, because my brakes started to squeak everytime I pressed on the brake. Anyways my rep. was very helpful, and he said he stood up for me because somehow they replaced my brakes for free. I was getting kind of worried because the brakes were $400 to replace, and they did look a little worn down. As for the seat, it only took a day to get. The whole process only took a day, and a half. Now I am driving around with a brand new seat with no buttprints, and brand new brakes I didn't have to pay for.
Did they replace your seats with 04 or 05 seats? My dealer said they have not heard anything, but hasn't confirmed whether the problem will be resolved or not. He seemed pretty sure, but thats not a confirmation to me. He did say they would not replace the 04 seats with 04 seats because the same problem would happen again. Anyway, congrats on them changing all those things on your car. Sounds like they took pretty good care of you.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:25 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What type of damage happened to your seats..... I have two butt prints in my drivers seat, that need to be fixed.... Any tips
Old 03-09-2005, 02:44 AM
Instructor

I didn't really bring in my seats because they had buttprints. My main concern was the melting issue. For some reason there was 3 quarter size melting points on my seat. They just replace the buttom seat cushion. They replaced it with the 04 seat, because my passenger seat was perfectly fine