Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KPTechnologies Auto Window-Up Module Attempts

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 08:28 PM
Sec's Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kpierson
Our installation instructions for every product we sell are, and always have been, availibe for download from our website!
So the instructions for the 2004-2006 Acura TL are there? I haven't looked, but I'm guessing that if they were, this thread wouldn't exist, or be as long as it is.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:17 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How are you handling refunds?
Old 05-17-2006, 10:37 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I finished installing mine tonight and I'm working on the pictures and will have a full write up shortly. Don't send it back Xtin. It's a very easy install and it works great! I love it! It shouldn't take more than a 1/2 hour to install and do it nice.

Will
Old 05-17-2006, 11:35 PM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
In KPierson's defense, lembowski and I knew what we were getting into when we decided to join the group buy. It was a product first introduced to the Gen6Accord forums and then was found to work with the TSX. Since the TSX and TL are similar, and we had the instructions for the TSX install, we went for it.

KPierson has stated several times, that this product is known to work with the TSX, but since he did not have access to any TLs (nor manuals), he could not fully test it with our cars. From the information he was able to gather about how our system works, he stated that his module should work for the TL, although he could not provide specific directions. He has been very active in answering our questions in a timely manner. He also shipped and refunded the difference soon after the group buy. That, in my book is great customer service.

I want to remind everyone that this is the first time that this product has been offered to Acurazine members. As with every new product, there might be kinks in the chain. I am sorry if lembowski and I scared you guys, but before you run to return this module, wait for FAST4DR's writeup. Lembowski and I plan on meeting this Sunday to complete the mod on both of our cars. We will follow up on it.

Now that we know the product works, lets enjoy it. IT IS a great, easy, and inexpensive mod, as FAST4DR stated.

Thanks everyone for helping out with this group effort. I love this forum!
Old 05-17-2006, 11:44 PM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
FAST4DR, could you please start a new thread for your full writeup? I think it will be easier to follow that way.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:41 AM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok, I started a new thread in the Electronics section.

Will
Old 05-18-2006, 08:50 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by xtin
How are you handling refunds?
To setup a refund just contact me anyway possible, via Email, PM, or IM (KPiersonTec).

I will send you are return shipping address, and as soon as the product arrives we will refund the payment through Paypal. Please note, Paypal only allows refunds for 60 days from time of purchase, if you wait longer then 60 days we will not be able to refund the money though paypal, so we will send you a Paypal payment for the full amount, minus our initial Paypal fees (~3%). I would hope it wouldn't be close to 60 days though!

For our Email address visit www.KPtechnologies.com and click on the contact page. Sorry, but to keep spam down I don't post any KPtech Email address on public forums.

KPtechnologies stands behind every product we sell, 100%. That is why we offer no questions asked warranty service, and no questions asked money back guarentees. If you broke it, we'll fix it, if you don't like it, we'll buy it back (even if its been installed). Our money back guarentee, from our site, is a 7 day period but we are open and willing to work with anyone to come up to a fair agreement on customer satisfaction.

On a side note, I'm going to be traveling to the Tail of the Dragon (www.zdayzevents.com) this weekend and will be away from the internet all weekend. I will be getting home Sunday night to answer any questions anyone may have. If you think you may have a question ask it today and I will answer it before I leave.

Thank you all,

Kevin
Old 05-18-2006, 01:51 PM
Forced Induction

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Those that don't want the module, and its brand new, I will buy it from you.........let me know.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
Originally Posted by FAST4DR
I moved your thread back to 3G so it can be close to the other threads on this subject, but I did add your thread and this thread to the 3G Garage.

I-097: DIY: Windows up, roof close, from Fob and Window Module Installation Threads (DIY + pics)
https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/nj-area-detailers-101211/
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137075
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136974
Old 05-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Forced Induction

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
good move Ron.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:10 PM
Pro

have any '06 TSXers done this and if so, how'd you remove the door panel? I've got the 2 screws hidden behind the door panel removed as well as the tabs that hold the panel in place but it looks like it's still being hend in the middle where the arm rest/window controls are. Any ideas?

Edit: never mind, found it
Old 05-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Pro

been at it for about 2 hrs now and haven't got it working yet. problem is there's multiple wires of the same kind, some with silver notches and some without. wish i had an '06 tsx electrical schematic manual
Old 05-20-2006, 03:08 PM
Administrator

The excellent instructions and pictures of the window module installation are posted in the KP Technologies Window roll up module install 3G Garage #I-097 thread.

I am going to close this thread now, so please go there if you have any more questions or comments. This will eliminate a lot of questions and comments that might be posted in this thread but would be unecessary if the poster was aware of the new thread.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Administrator

edit by mod Ron A: The following information was sent to me by datmrman for inclusion in this thread:

Lembowski and I finally were able to meet to finish the install and our speculations from the first post are correct!

These four wires can be tapped in the loom behind the speaker:
KP 12 Volts (RED) -> Acura thick Green with White stripes
KP Ground (BLACK) -> Acura thick Black
KP Ignition (YELLOW) -> Acura thick Yellow with Green stripes
KP Lock Actuator (BLUE) -> Acura thick Yellow with Black stripes
The last wire must be tapped in the same location as chustaveb indicated, in the harness that dissapears into the door behind the white plastic cover:
KP Lock Cylinder (GREEN) -> Acura White with Red stripes
We basically moved the green wire that we incorrectly tapped into the white/red wire of the white connector to its correct location and it just worked! So FAST4DR's method or this method both works.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:15 PM
Administrator

The excellent instructions and pictures of the window module installation are posted in the KP Technologies Window roll up module install 3G Garage #I-097 thread.

I am going to close this thread now, so please go there if you have any more questions or comments. This will eliminate a lot of questions and comments that might be posted in this thread but would be unecessary if the poster was aware of the new thread.