Sponsored by:

Just test drove 2007 Camry SE

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 02:34 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by HotBoyinDaAcura
oh yea im lookin at galves now. the website looks like its from 1947

you must be related to Al Gore... sounds like you invented the internet back in 47'
Old 03-16-2006, 02:37 PM
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
Toyota sucks big time, and poor service. The 2 things I am talking about are performance and fuel consumption. a four-banger toyota would consume equal or more than a 6 cylinders honda/acura. a 6 cylinders camry can only comparable to a 4 cylinders honda, speed wise. fuel consumption is BAD in toyota/Lexus. If you want a quiet ride, comfortable, then get Lexus. Other than that, honda/acura is better in every angle. Reliability, I think they are about the same, one way or the other. I believe Lexus does have better services than acura, and do treat customers better. Acura is still behind with their services. That implies warranty services and customer services. Honda services is not any better than toyota. So, if you like to compare, it should be toyota vs honda, and lexus vs. acura. mixing it up is not comparable. In any case, you gotta be cautious when taking your can in for services that I was once thought dealers are peace of mind place to have your car serviced.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:42 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wid-TL
This statement cracked me up! Great movie!

Back on topic - would be interesting to see how the Camry stacks up in a full comparison. I have no doubt that it's a good car - much like the Maxima and Altima, and countless others in this market.

I chose the TL because it was my personal preference in appearance and had everything I was looking for... But is sure is nice having such a big selection to chose from!

It's a good time for all of us when the market segment is so competitive!!! All manufacturer's are forced to work harder and deliver better products!
I love the look of my TL (Black/Ebony). It's just that my expectations were too high when I was first shopping the car. Ffrom a mechanical standpoint, I have encountered numerous mechanical & body integrity problems (not to mention totally worn out Turanza's at 15K miles) and Acura corporate doesn't seem to want to get involved in reviewing & acting on my issues
Old 03-16-2006, 02:43 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by acutee
Toyota sucks big time, and poor service. The 2 things I am talking about are performance and fuel consumption. a four-banger toyota would consume equal or more than a 6 cylinders honda/acura. a 6 cylinders camry can only comparable to a 4 cylinders honda, speed wise. fuel consumption is BAD in toyota/Lexus. If you want a quiet ride, comfortable, then get Lexus. Other than that, honda/acura is better in every angle. Reliability, I think they are about the same, one way or the other. I believe Lexus does have better services than acura, and do treat customers better. Acura is still behind with their services. That implies warranty services and customer services. Honda services is not any better than toyota. So, if you like to compare, it should be toyota vs honda, and lexus vs. acura. mixing it up is not comparable. In any case, you gotta be cautious when taking your can in for services that I was once thought dealers are peace of mind place to have your car serviced.
fair point
Old 03-16-2006, 02:48 PM
Instructor

go file you social security you old bitch dont talk shit about what I do Ive tried to be nice and I did everything I could to make you understand my reasoning. You need a camry for when you move to a retirement community. Just do me a favor and talk about cars on here and not what people do. I hope that someday maybe when you are 50 which is only a little while away that you might mature enough to not insult someones means of living. Im young and successful. I could buy a new TL of a new camry but whatever I do I hope I never have to deal with you again because your lack of maturity for you age has really disgusted me. You even made remarks about my spelling when you have made spelling mistakes as well. You are old why dont you grow up.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:50 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sharontha
No offence taken... just a friendly jab... I love my TL but no harm in liking anything other than a Acura. the whole point of this foum is information if i'm not mistaken. So if you like a ford over a Acura more power to you.... the camry is just not to my taste
Glen Ridge! Go New Jersey!

I have relatives in Verona & Caldwell & West Orange
Old 03-16-2006, 02:52 PM
Instructor

go file you social security you old bitch dont talk shit about what I do Ive tried to be nice and I did everything I could to make you understand my reasoning. You need a camry for when you move to a retirement community. Just do me a favor and talk about cars on here and not what people do. I hope that someday maybe when you are 50 which is only a little while away that you might mature enough to not insult someones means of living. Im young and successful. I could buy a new TL of a new camry but whatever I do I hope I never have to deal with you again because your lack of maturity for you age has really disgusted me. You even made remarks about my spelling when you have made spelling mistakes as well. You are old why dont you grow up.
profanity? sounds like you're angry. Who's processing all those "flats" for you while your wasting your time with me?
Old 03-16-2006, 02:52 PM
Instructor

yikes!!!!!
Old 03-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Instructor

You dug your own hole there junior. Now go take your afternoon nap and don't forget to put your binky in your big mouth. Sweet dreams
Old 03-16-2006, 02:58 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nednj36
profanity? sounds like you're angry. Who's processing all those "flats" for you while your wasting your time with me?
He's the manager of internet sales and has spent the last 2-3 hours proving he doesn't know too much.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:01 PM
Instructor

LOOK GRANDPA Your lack of maturity for your age is fine with me. I just dont think you are quite mature enough for a camry. I guess you kept making reference to the 70s and toyota, is because that is what your you remember when you were like 30 or something. What were you doing when you were 22 because from the way you talk now it seems like you were probably doing someones lawn work still, or maybe you were bagging groceries. I dont know, You still havent even told me what you do yet. Is it because you are embarrassed? Are you having problems with that TL because you dont take care of it? Are you too immature for it? Possibly. It sounds to me like you are the perfect candidate for a camry. Im gonna take my nap now and sleep good knowing that you are going to die before I do.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:01 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Wow I should have clicked on this thread much earlier, very entertaining.

hotboyindaacura, how many toyotas have you owned. your love for acura might cloud you vision and make you slightly biased toward one brand. i love my acura, but i do give thumbs up to toyota for their quality. ive been a mechanic for the better part of 6 years now and ive done a lot of work on a lot of different cars. im not going to state any facts based upon my observations, but i disagree with you on Toyotas quality record.

Also, PLEASE use paragraphs when you type, it makes it much easier to read.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:02 PM
One on the right for me

I think this replaces the Toyota Dealer Trying to Screw Me thread

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 57 (37 members and 20 guests)
subinf, giant_tcr, HotBoyinDaAcura, TLgundee05, gurneyeagle, yendor, nednj36, JeffS, ccabs, DownUnder, priggly, sftroy, ifrisbee, Warren803, theklassic, Twisteds2k, Schem408, graphicguy, AZAMTL, levon1830, pgivel01, isr, Jin22GT, dwest1023, pebblebeach, tbanning, consultauto, antoinel, marclar, kipsy, mrdeeno, deandorsey, nvdave, jime, 03TL-S
Old 03-16-2006, 03:02 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CL Platano
He's the manager of internet sales and has spent the last 2-3 hours proving he doesn't know too much.
Thanks man! You sound like you're dope original. Knew I could count on a New Jerseyan to straighten this mess out.

Back to the lecture at hand. I pledge to refrain from anymore barbs.

Sorry to all. Even you Internet Sales Manager.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
...I'm not really allowed to discuss what Acura has planned....
So Acura has some fun stuff up its sleeve for the TL in 2007? That would be good. I assume the 07s come out in the fall, or is it a spring 06 roll out?
Old 03-16-2006, 03:07 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by subinf
Wow I should have clicked on this thread much earlier, very entertaining.

hotboyindaacura, how many toyotas have you owned. your love for acura might cloud you vision and make you slightly biased toward one brand. i love my acura, but i do give thumbs up to toyota for their quality. ive been a mechanic for the better part of 6 years now and ive done a lot of work on a lot of different cars. im not going to state any facts based upon my observations, but i disagree with you on Toyotas quality record.

nice Mustang! 1966?
Old 03-16-2006, 03:09 PM
Instructor

LOOK GRANDPA Your lack of maturity for your age is fine with me. I just dont think you are quite mature enough for a camry. I guess you kept making reference to the 70s and toyota, is because that is what your you remember when you were like 30 or something. What were you doing when you were 22 because from the way you talk now it seems like you were probably doing someones lawn work still, or maybe you were bagging groceries. I dont know, You still havent even told me what you do yet. Is it because you are embarrassed? Are you having problems with that TL because you dont take care of it? Are you too immature for it? Possibly. It sounds to me like you are the perfect candidate for a camry. Im gonna take my nap now and sleep good knowing that you are going to die before I do.
Jesus Chirst!!! Dude calm down... it's only a car and don't bet your house on the dying before him because from the looks of it, you might blow a gasket and be dead before any of us.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:09 PM
Intermediate

hehe... car salesmen... gotta love em. From far faaaaaar away.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:10 PM
Instructor

Be careful about predicting mortality. There are alot of careless drivers in your part of the woods.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:12 PM
Instructor

Glen Ridge! Go New Jersey!

I have relatives in Verona & Caldwell & West Orange

Glen Ridge,NJ it is..!! Caldwell? related to the Soprano's?
Old 03-16-2006, 03:12 PM
One on the right for me

nice Mustang! 1966?

'67, little hard to tell from the picture though. Thanks, I love the car but its amazing how much it takes to keep it running right.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:13 PM
Instructor

Glen Ridge,NJ it is..!! Caldwell? related to the Soprano's?
Distant relative. Heads up there Florida boy
Old 03-16-2006, 03:14 PM
Racer

Holy Shit!

This thread is getting better than the kid's who tried to pawn a damaged BMW off on a Toyota dealer!

I've read through this thing twice now, and IMHO, me thinks Jr. is getting a little steamed.

Great point made about the Internet Manager of an Acura dealer spending all of this time on an Internet board. One would hope his other correspondence is a little more professional; i.e. grammar, spelling, sentence structure! Sorry man, you got a lot more problems than the occaisonal misspelled word.

It wouldn't be hard to e mail all the Acura dealerships in Jacksonville and list the link to Jr.'s playground. If he worked for me, I'd do an immediate check on his resumé to verify he graduated from jr. high.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:17 PM
Skeet Skeet Skeet

the 96 acura RL was the first car in north america to have an occupancy detection system for the passenger side airbag. It was also the first car in north america to have a satellite linked navigation system. the 2004 Acura TL was the first car to have DVD audio and Bluetooh handsfree link. the 91 NSX was the first car in production to have an all aluminum frame and variable valve timing was first released in 1992 by honda. If you would like please post some examples of the things toyota pioneered?? and what does BWAHAHAHAH mean?
vtec wasn't introduce in 1992, it has been in the 1989 xsi integra, most people on here is bias and obviously like hondas better. The guy went out and test drove the car and came back on here with his feedback comparing to the TL and everyone is getting mad maybe because in his opinion the camry is better. Tl's are nice cars but there is better out there and if he thinks the camry is better let him get it. I love hondas to death but toyota/lexus has slight edge on honda/acura. THis is just like that one guying saying his stock TL is faster than a cobra lets be serious....Why compare toyota with acura, we should compare lexus with acura the so call "luxury" brand fro hondas
Old 03-16-2006, 03:18 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Holy Shit!

This thread is getting better than the kid's who tried to pawn a damaged BMW off on a Toyota dealer!

I've read through this thing twice now, and IMHO, me thinks Jr. is getting a little steamed.

Great point made about the Internet Manager of an Acura dealer spending all of this time on an Internet board. One would hope his other correspondence is a little more professional; i.e. grammar, spelling, sentence structure! Sorry man, you got a lot more problems than the occaisonal misspelled word.

It wouldn't be hard to e mail all the Acura dealerships in Jacksonville and list the link to Jr.'s playground. If he worked for me, I'd do an immediate check on his resumé to verify he graduated from jr. high.
AWSOME! TOTALLY AWSOME!

-Jeff Spicoli

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)
Old 03-16-2006, 03:18 PM
Instructor

Distant relative. Heads up there Florida boy
Ha! might not have to get any help... the boy from Jackassville might end up looking like the dude who hung himself... come to think of it, he has already done that to himself on this forum.

This has actually been the most entertaining but most unproductive afternoon at work in some time.. shows why Azine is the place to be whether for info or entertainment.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by honda_inspire99
vtec wasn't introduce in 1992, it has been in the 1989 xsi integra, most people on here is bias and obviously like hondas better. The guy went out and test drove the car and came back on here with his feedback comparing to the TL and everyone is getting mad maybe because in his opinion the camry is better. Tl's are nice cars but there is better out there and if he thinks the camry is better let him get it. I love hondas to death but toyota/lexus has the slight edge on honda/acura. THis is just like that one guying saying his stock TL is faster than a cobra lets be serious....
Sustained.

Florida man, please approach the bench.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:20 PM
One on the right for me

Originally Posted by honda_inspire99
vtec wasn't introduce in 1992, it has been in the 1989 xsi integra, most people on here is bias and obviously like hondas better. The guy went out and test drove the car and came back on here with his feedback comparing to the TL and everyone is getting mad maybe because in his opinion the camry is better. Tl's are nice cars but there is better out there and if he thinks the camry is better let him get it. I love hondas to death but toyota/lexus has the slight edge on honda/acura. THis is just like that one guying saying his stock TL is faster than a cobra lets be serious....

It appears certain posters in this thread lost that type of rational thinking early on page one.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:21 PM
Racer

Ha! might not have to get any help... the boy from Jackassville might end up looking like the dude who hung himself... come to think of it, he has already done that to himself on this forum.

This has actually been the most entertaining but most unproductive afternoon at work in some time.. shows why Azine is the place to be whether for info or entertainment.
DITTO

sharontha - you need to hop over to the "The Toyota dealer is trying to take my TL" thread. Another classic.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Instructor

DITTO

sharontha - you need to hop over to the "The Toyota dealer is trying to take my TL" thread. Another classic.
LOL i read it somewhere close to when it originated... Classic... in a develish way i think that's what a lot of us wish we can do to any dealer. At least in my case i wish a car i trade in falls apart like a car from the looney tunes. anyway thats getting away from the current topic.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:32 PM
Racer

What is the significance of the word "Azine"?
Old 03-16-2006, 03:33 PM
Instructor

What is the significance of the word "Azine"?
Azine=Acurazine... i was too lazy to type the whole word
Old 03-16-2006, 03:39 PM
Racer

Azine=Acurazine... i was too lazy to type the whole word
Okay, what is the significance of the word "Acurazine"?
Old 03-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Blue Wild Angel Music

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by subinf

my head hurts..and even though hes not talking my ears hurt when reading his obnoxious repetitive posts
Old 03-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Instructor

Okay, what is the significance of the word "Acurazine"?
prob none whatsoever, just wanted to note that the site is an all purpose(info+Ent) website.

this thread made my afternoon go quite quickly, almost time to get in my Camry and go home... i mean my TL.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Racer

prob none whatsoever, just wanted to note that the site is an all purpose(info+Ent) website.

this thread made my afternoon go quite quickly, almost time to get in my Camry and go home... i mean my TL.
Hell, I'm stopping at the Toyota dealer on the way home, and trading in my TL for a Sienna mini-van. The leak check on the TL didn't look too good, so I want to dump it before it totally breaks down.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:58 PM
Instructor

good one!
Old 03-16-2006, 04:10 PM
Racer

Anyone else notice that our hero has fallen silent since the mention of the link being e mailed to the the Jacksonville area dealerships?

He was incredibly unprofessional, assuming he really was the internet sales manager.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:15 PM
Instructor

he's actually still viewing the thread... probably works for the lone Dawoo dealership in North Korea.. forget Acura. sounds like a re-tread of Kim-Il-Jung.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Instructor

Holy Shit!

Jeez, why do you always have to attack ppls grammer and spelling, as long as we get out points through. man, this is no english class.

Quick Reply: Just test drove 2007 Camry SE