Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just test drove 2007 Camry SE

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HotBoyinDaAcura
the 96 acura RL was the first car in north america to have an occupancy detection system for the passenger side airbag. It was also the first car in north america to have a satellite linked navigation system. the 2004 Acura TL was the first car to have DVD audio and Bluetooh handsfree link. the 91 NSX was the first car in production to have an all aluminum frame and variable valve timing was first released in 1992 by honda. If you would like please post some examples of the things toyota pioneered?? and what does BWAHAHAHAH mean?
Toyota pioneered reliabilty at a resonable price back in the early 70's. Honda's were extremely unreliable in the Seventees and had to work long and hard to compete with Toyota and Datsun (Nissan)
Old 03-16-2006, 01:33 PM
Instructor

Ok well on the side of technology where did toyota pioneer anything???? do you know who the number one manufacturer of engines in the world is? You guys are weak give me a real example not some 1970s crap
Old 03-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Instructor

DO any of you work at a dealership??? I mean really do any of you know what you are talking about. Ive never heard of Galves because no one here uses it.
Galves is the most widely used trade value guide in America. Check your info.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
Originally Posted by nednj36
Galves is the most widely used trade value guide in America. Check your info.
It's beginning to spread here in NJ dealerships like wildfire.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Instructor

OK well I work at a dealership everyday. So I see all kinds of things everyday. Ive never seen galves once. Im sorry and i challenged you to give me a real example and you havent.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:38 PM
Instructor

ok well if its beginning to spread in NJ thats great. How long have you been using black book?
Old 03-16-2006, 01:40 PM
Instructor

Everytime we appraise a trade we open up the black book and decide what the price is. We have never pulled up galves. Go ahead everyone who works in a dealership speak up and let me know what you have been using for years. Just say it I can accept whatever it might be.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:41 PM
RickRoush03

tell you ladies what, how bout you stop bitchin like a bunch of freakin school girls and just calm down. if you like the camry by all means go get one. but like the guy said above, acura hasn't released their 07's yet so you may want to wait before you buy a new car if thats what you intend to do. and who gives a damn if you use galves, kbb, your girlfriends fathers estimate, you get what your offered and if you accept, done deal.

remember, an acura, camry or maixma is not sports car, they have a "sporty" line if at best.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:42 PM
isr
Advanced

i've never heard of this galves thing eatheir......
Old 03-16-2006, 01:42 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Well at 45 yrs old sounds like a camry typa guy?
Old 03-16-2006, 01:43 PM
Instructor

thats what ive been kinda trying to get across the whole time. Regardless of what book you use to put value on a car the camry depreciates way faster and the reason is the market is flooded with them. It doesnt matter if you have an SE a rare turd is still a turd. People dont care what model it is when they are looking for a car.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:46 PM
Instructor

Ok well on the side of technology where did toyota pioneer anything???? do you know who the number one manufacturer of engines in the world is? You guys are weak give me a real example not some 1970s crap
"pioneer" means the first person or entity to develop something. The reference to the seventees was to demonstrate that Toyota was the first import car company to bring very reliable automobiles to America at an extremely affordable price. It was Toyota that was instrumental in causing the domestic car failures of the mid seventees-early eightees. Your modern Acura technology is a result of Toyota's innovation and marketing approach 35 years ago.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:47 PM
isr
Advanced

"pioneer" means the first person or entity to develop something. The reference to the seventees was to demonstrate that Toyota was the first import car company to bring very reliable automobiles to America at an extremely affordable price. It was Toyota that was instrumental in causing the domestic car failures of the mid seventees-early eightees. Your modern Acura technology is a result of Toyota's innovation and marketing approach 35 years ago.
im gonna have to disagree with you on that one.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:50 PM
Instructor

thats what ive been kinda trying to get across the whole time. Regardless of what book you use to put value on a car the camry depreciates way faster and the reason is the market is flooded with them. It doesnt matter if you have an SE a rare turd is still a turd. People dont care what model it is when they are looking for a car.
people don't care what model it is? and you sell cars? what are you a $50 "flat" churner?
Old 03-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sharontha
Well at 45 yrs old sounds like a camry typa guy?
thye my TL has aged me, I'm heading to becoming a Buick Lucerne guy. (Ha Ha) You must understand that I've given my TL every chance. I got one of the early build 2005's that has inherent problems and my dealer and Acura corporate are making no attempts to help resolve my problems. This thread was not inteaded to bash Acura, it was meant to enlighten some of the TL owners in the forum that there is an alternative.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How do you think this thing even compares to the looks of a TL..

Old 03-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Instructor

Regardless of your pioneering in the automotive industry in the 70s and what not. In recent history honda has done a lot more than toyota. Hondas are more fun, they have more technology, have better designs and are very unlikely to give you problems or leave you stranded on the road. my mom had a 98 4runner, her leather came apart at 20k miles. At 70k miles the steering wheel had totally come apart and it was stuttering and stumbling. I had a 99 TL with more miles that held up better had less problems and I sold it for a lot more money than my mom got for her 4runner with less miles. Mine was also first model year and hers was third. So I continue to give you examples of real instances and you continue to tell me about the 70s
Old 03-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Burning Brakes

I find it funny that everybody bashes the Camry. You know... there is a reason why there is a redesign, they did it from the ground up too. Also the handling is probably better than the TL only because he drove the SE, the suspension geometry was changed, the steering ratios were changed, and everything was changed. It could very well be that the new Camry V6 is quicker than the TL's. Only because of SAE new standards. Sure they are a different class of car, one is luxury and one is not. The Camry fully loaded does have similar quality/features as the TL std. The Camry isn't as bad as you make it out to be. And 2 posts above me, looks are subjective.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by RickRoush03
tell you ladies what, how bout you stop bitchin like a bunch of freakin school girls and just calm down. if you like the camry by all means go get one. but like the guy said above, acura hasn't released their 07's yet so you may want to wait before you buy a new car if thats what you intend to do. and who gives a damn if you use galves, kbb, your girlfriends fathers estimate, you get what your offered and if you accept, done deal.

remember, an acura, camry or maixma is not sports car, they have a "sporty" line if at best.
I'd love to give the '07 a try, but from what researchers have revealed, the '07 TL will have a minor nose & rear taillight freshening and no major changes mechanically. The 2008 will be the total re-skin and possibly upgraded to an all-wheel drive V-8
Old 03-16-2006, 01:58 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by aznt1217
I find it funny that everybody bashes the Camry. You know... there is a reason why there is a redesign, they did it from the ground up too. Also the handling is probably better than the TL only because he drove the SE, the suspension geometry was changed, the steering ratios were changed, and everything was changed. It could very well be that the new Camry V6 is quicker than the TL's. Only because of SAE new standards. Sure they are a different class of car, one is luxury and one is not. The Camry fully loaded does have similar quality/features as the TL std. The Camry isn't as bad as you make it out to be. And 2 posts above me, looks are subjective.
ditto
Old 03-16-2006, 02:00 PM
Instructor

what is a $50 flat??? you mean like minimum comission? No acutally I am an Internet Sales Manager and I do pretty good. I have a good job at a good dealership that continues to win awards every year. deal with a toyota dealership in town and see what happens. They blew my mom off about her leather time after time, we finally had to get with the head of SE toyota and we still didnt get a response worth a shit. Is a customer for life worth a 200 dollar seat cover?? not for toyota obviously. your seats are covered under warranty with Acura.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:01 PM
Blue Wild Angel Music

OK well I work at a dealership everyday. So I see all kinds of things everyday. Ive never seen galves once. Im sorry and i challenged you to give me a real example and you havent.

what dealership do you work at ...Kia..
cause you sound like your typicall low end car, know it all salesman jerkoff.... ugh ...stop talking

well you never heard of galves during your long car selling career...must not exist

yeah the new 268 hp camry SE is a Turd cause of its resale value....
Old 03-16-2006, 02:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
This forum is a forum for people who not only love Acura, but cars in general. Acurazine is a forum for Acura enthusiasts, not immature Acura-is-the-best-car-in-teh-world fanboys.
Nailed it!! ^^^ It's unfortunate there's not a computer program (at least to my knowledge) that could filter out the latter while retaining the former. However, the moderators here do a respectable job of that.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:03 PM
Instructor

hey what is your avatar are you a thundercat or something?
Old 03-16-2006, 02:04 PM
Pro

I was actually driving yesterday and saw the new camry. It is a good looking car. I have never really liked the styling of the camry, but this new one looks great. Its a good buy but thr TL is still a nicer car of course
Old 03-16-2006, 02:05 PM
Instructor

Dont get derrogetory. The things I have said have been fact. Im sorry Im not familiar with your book that no one here uses. You people really make me wonder why I am a member of this forum. You can say what you want about toyotas but wait till you trade it in. Everyone knows that a hit in the wallet can be one of the greatest hits of all. Wait until your toyota keeps you from getting a new car because you are 7 or 8 k buried in it.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:06 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 03TL-S
I was actually driving yesterday and saw the new camry. It is a good looking car. I have never really liked the styling of the camry, but this new one looks great. Its a good buy but thr TL is still a nicer car of course
nice to see objectivity in a forum dicussion. T.Y.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:08 PM
Instructor

what is a $50 flat??? you mean like minimum comission? No acutally I am an Internet Sales Manager and I do pretty good. I have a good job at a good dealership that continues to win awards every year. deal with a toyota dealership in town and see what happens. They blew my mom off about her leather time after time, we finally had to get with the head of SE toyota and we still didnt get a response worth a shit. Is a customer for life worth a 200 dollar seat cover?? not for toyota obviously. your seats are covered under warranty with Acura.
I hope you're you're using spell check when you're writing up those lucrative internet deals.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:09 PM
Blue Wild Angel Music

hey what is your avatar are you a thundercat or something?

good one..

hotgirlindaacura
Old 03-16-2006, 02:10 PM
Instructor

objectivity has not come from you at all, Ive given you facts about honda and you tell me about the 70s. Ive given examples of toyotas lack of service and lack of ability to handle a customers needs and you call me subjective when all you have done is start a thread about a car that isnt even relevant to the TL and shouldnt even be compared. Then you try to hit me with things about what book we use to determine trade in value. That doesnt matter either. Im really trying to figure out what point you are trying to get across here because it seems to be everything I say would be wrong and that is all you have had to say without evidence. YA know this is a forum that i never come to anymore because of people like you. You havent made any sense. SO go ahead try to act like you have made a grand point here but you havent. Go get a camry and join their forum because I dont want someone like you driving our cars. I wouldnt even sell you one.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Instructor

objectivity has not come from you at all, Ive given you facts about honda and you tell me about the 70s. Ive given examples of toyotas lack of service and lack of ability to handle a customers needs and you call me subjective when all you have done is start a thread about a car that isnt even relevant to the TL and shouldnt even be compared. Then you try to hit me with things about what book we use to determine trade in value. That doesnt matter either. Im really trying to figure out what point you are trying to get across here because it seems to be everything I say would be wrong and that is all you have had to say without evidence. YA know this is a forum that i never come to anymore because of people like you. You havent made any sense. SO go ahead try to act like you have made a grand point here but you havent. Go get a camry and join their forum because I dont want someone like you driving our cars. I wouldnt even sell you one.
you're giving your opinion. no proof, no pudding, just your opinion. until you get some real facts, get back to cuttin' those internet leads below invoice
Old 03-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Blue Wild Angel Music

I wouldnt even sell you one.
come on please
Old 03-16-2006, 02:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Turbonator
what dealership do you work at ...Kia..
cause you sound like your typicall low end car, know it all salesman jerkoff.... ugh ...stop talking

well you never heard of galves during your long car selling career...must not exist

yeah the new 268 hp camry SE is a Turd cause of its resale value....
Old 03-16-2006, 02:14 PM
Instructor

Geez. You ruined my day. I'm shell-shocked. I didn't mean to make you quit the forum.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by isr
im gonna have to disagree with you on that one.
sounds like you like "Office Space" & Bill Lumbergh
Old 03-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Instructor

I have given you real facts. if you look through. All you have done is try to come into a forum where people are supposed to be enthused about a certain brand of cars and made remarks without reason. I used to like toyota. I really did but they have burned my family and many people I know. I have given you real life examples and facts about Acura. You have insulted my job for some reason. What do you do? I enjoy my job. Ill make anyone the best deal in town and feel good about it. My internet department sells more Acuras than some entire Acura dealers. I am a very professional sales man and I ask you for things like examples and instances of why the camry is better. YOu havent replied with anything except keep cutting those cars below invoice buddy. Seriously? what do you do? really I want to know so I can think of something derogetory that people do in your line of work and make fun of it. I hope you enjoy stupid arguments in these stupid forums.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
thye my TL has aged me, I'm heading to becoming a Buick Lucerne guy. (Ha Ha) You must understand that I've given my TL every chance. I got one of the early build 2005's that has inherent problems and my dealer and Acura corporate are making no attempts to help resolve my problems. This thread was not inteaded to bash Acura, it was meant to enlighten some of the TL owners in the forum that there is an alternative.
No offence taken... just a friendly jab... I love my TL but no harm in liking anything other than a Acura. the whole point of this foum is information if i'm not mistaken. So if you like a ford over a Acura more power to you.... the camry is just not to my taste
Old 03-16-2006, 02:31 PM
Instructor

oh yea im lookin at galves now. the website looks like its from 1947
Old 03-16-2006, 02:31 PM
Instructor

sounds like you like "Office Space" & Bill Lumbergh
This statement cracked me up! Great movie!

Back on topic - would be interesting to see how the Camry stacks up in a full comparison. I have no doubt that it's a good car - much like the Maxima and Altima, and countless others in this market.

I chose the TL because it was my personal preference in appearance and had everything I was looking for... But is sure is nice having such a big selection to chose from!

It's a good time for all of us when the market segment is so competitive!!! All manufacturer's are forced to work harder and deliver better products!
Old 03-16-2006, 02:34 PM
Instructor

I have given you real facts. if you look through. All you have done is try to come into a forum where people are supposed to be enthused about a certain brand of cars and made remarks without reason. I used to like toyota. I really did but they have burned my family and many people I know. I have given you real life examples and facts about Acura. You have insulted my job for some reason. What do you do? I enjoy my job. Ill make anyone the best deal in town and feel good about it. My internet department sells more Acuras than some entire Acura dealers. I am a very professional sales man and I ask you for things like examples and instances of why the camry is better. YOu havent replied with anything except keep cutting those cars below invoice buddy. Seriously? what do you do? really I want to know so I can think of something derogetory that people do in your line of work and make fun of it. I hope you enjoy stupid arguments in these stupid forums.
you or I cannot prove or disprove opinions. I cannot give you facts to substantiate intangibles. You love Acura, I liked the test drive of the Camry. I didn't sya I was going to buy it. I've owned seven Honda products in the past 12 years and havve owned Nissan's & Toyota's. It was just a simple comment I made about a road test of a new product and you're taking it personally.

Calm down already

Quick Reply: Just test drove 2007 Camry SE