a-spec body kit : $850
a-spec suspension kit: $720
AEM or INJEN cold air intake: $200
20% all around tint so that people dont see you when you stare at them: $200
clearing your headlights: $200
MOMO Shift Knob: $80
changing dome and door lights: $40
fog light bulb change: $35
having a TL that stands above all other TLs even if it means you gonna starve for next couple of months: priceless......

well i was just compling the list of things i need to get done to my car (so far i have tints, dome/door lights, fog light bulb change) and as i am about to order a-spec body kit and MOMO shift knob.....i just realized that nobody is gonna get a christmas present from me this year since i will be so broke......i shouldnt be even getting a a-spec kit right now but i cant resist.....i rather starve than not have it(im so stupid!!!!)...oh man oh man.....this is my first car and never realized how much $$$ i would be spending........the stuff i wanna do to the car just piles on and on.....first it was just a tint....but seeing how a TL looks after all these mods thru this forum, it changed everything....now i want a body kit......then some wheels.....then some suspension....list just dont end.......i think TL forum is doing more harm than good to me anyway im sure theres more stuff to do to my car even if i finish all the things i mentioned above, so i walk out of my house today with a belt little more tighten than yesterday and say hello to dollar menu.......thanx for reading my pointless rambling guys.....
Old 11-02-2005 | 09:03 AM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

lol....sad but true only if I were to park next to another TL, as is my car stands out compared to most other cars no matter what makes or models they are...and when i see another TL, I'm only looking to see if a stick ot an auto (Brembos or no Brembos) and if the driver is older than me..lol
Old 11-02-2005 | 09:56 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by HEK
lol....sad but true only if I were to park next to another TL, as is my car stands out compared to most other cars no matter what makes or models they are...and when i see another TL, I'm only looking to see if a stick ot an auto (Brembos or no Brembos) and if the driver is older than me..lol
hahaha, i do that too. First thing I look for is the Brembos when I see another TL.
Old 11-02-2005 | 10:00 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

sjk, just take it one mod at a time. don't ever put the needs of mods above your own personal needs.

@ the dollar menu..
Old 11-02-2005 | 10:00 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

I always check to see if other TL's are modded...sadly, none are...it does make mine more special, but I'd like to see something other than stock rolling around here.

Oh yeah, sjkforever, wheels only $2k? Don't I wish!
Old 11-02-2005 | 10:06 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

I hear your pain man. Fact is....that is the only way sometimes though! I just got done with most of mine and rashed the rear passenger A-spec rim on the way into the office drive. (approaced at about 50mph or so and cut too close). Just got the $2200 in replacement rims (I replaced all 4) and tires! Sux! But I cant stand to walk around a new car with a rashed wheel. Now I will have an extra set for winter type tires and still retain 18's on it.
Old 11-02-2005 | 10:17 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Mike - considering your cars and what you've done to them, is your company hiring? Then I won't have to wonder where I'm going to get $5k for a SC!
Old 11-02-2005 | 11:08 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

MichaelBenz=Single (Engaged 6 years or so now), no kids and muli-tasking all the time to make income and pay my endless bills! And dont think I dont take it on the chin all the time from my lady about the garage full of stuff I have and what we cant do, ect because of it! (Acura,Lexus,Honda CRF450R, Honda TRX400EX, 92 Cadillac Brougham (mx tow vehicle), 32" Ferris Hydrocut Walk Behind Deck Mower for less than 1/2 acre of grass (I'm very lazy), Old Wheel Horse tractor (restoration project from childhood), and a million extra L-tuned Lexus parts (discontinued), 3 complete sets of rims for Lexus, 3 complete sets of rims for Acura (2 A-spec sets and original take offs), extra set of Yoko's for next summer, an additional set of Arelli Bling Bling rims for a previous 98 DeVille I had (gee, I think I put 1500 miles on em before I replaced them with Vogue Tires and rims I liked better and didnt look so pimp), just sold those other Vogue Rims and Tyres on Ebay....so I sold something anyway! My 2 car garage is so full of stuff...I cannot park in there! (workin on that problem!) - countless parts for TRX400EX quad (2 sets of rims/tires for it too) and CRF450R parts galore too.

My point...you dont have to have a shitload of money to attain all this shit! You just have to give up part of your life and be committed to the goal! In my case....I cannot afford kids at this point! Lesson to be learned....live your life man! It can get very lonely out there in the garage with all that shit, even though you are predisposed with stuff to do? Getting control over the debt...with no kids thats do-able......but I do have to choke up $1160 a month in car payments for the Lexus and Acura not to mention mortgage, bills, ect. Dont fuck up like I did and spend your family away. Yes, I look real cool out on the street.....but it did come a quite a cost! As I said...you just have to be committed in your goal, even if when you get there it isnt as great as you thought! YOU DO MAKE YOUR OWN REALITY IN THIS WORLD! Trust me. I am now on the down-hill side of my debt problems - but it took a long time and lots of creative work to get there! What do I have to show for it....lots of nice stuff? Woohoo! People make the world go round....not stuff!

Please...dont envy me or my stuff! I am hardly worthy of it given the cost. (I know thats hard to understand when your not feelin it and not there) Keep a good balance in your life....otherwise...you will probably end up like me! People will attend your funeral some day and talk about how nuts you were and how much shit your attained in your life and not about what a good person you were or how you contributed to the common good or life at all for that matter! As I am only 38...I still have time I guess! (wow...was that some deep thoughts for you guys or what!)
Old 11-02-2005 | 11:25 AM
Previous Owner

for 19 or 20" rims, only 2000? don't forget the tires. that'll hurt you too.

I force myself to only get 1 thing a month, boy does that add up.

mortgage, car payment, plane tickets and student loans eat up most of the income. heh.

I have alot of stuff I want to add to the car but one item a month, even if it's only $10.
Old 11-02-2005 | 11:37 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Thorin78
for 19 or 20" rims, only 2000? don't forget the tires. that'll hurt you too.

I force myself to only get 1 thing a month, boy does that add up.

mortgage, car payment, plane tickets and student loans eat up most of the income. heh.

I have alot of stuff I want to add to the car but one item a month, even if it's only $10.
oh really.....damn....i'll have student loans coming in as soon as i graduate next may....dang....and the reason i said $2000 for the wheels was i went to this local shop (i live in philly) and they were giving me this wheels(18 inch) for $1200 with tires included so i assumed if i get like 19-20....it would be around $2000.....shows how much i know about car and wheels....learning by day here at acurazine.....and maybe then i shouldnt get the wheels from there in the future??
Old 11-02-2005 | 11:37 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
MichaelBenz=Single (Engaged 6 years or so now), no kids and muli-tasking all the time to make income and pay my endless bills! And dont think I dont take it on the chin all the time from my lady about the garage full of stuff I have and what we cant do, ect because of it! (Acura,Lexus,Honda CRF450R, Honda TRX400EX, 92 Cadillac Brougham (mx tow vehicle), 32" Ferris Hydrocut Walk Behind Deck Mower for less than 1/2 acre of grass (I'm very lazy), Old Wheel Horse tractor (restoration project from childhood), and a million extra L-tuned Lexus parts (discontinued), 3 complete sets of rims for Lexus, 3 complete sets of rims for Acura (2 A-spec sets and original take offs), extra set of Yoko's for next summer, an additional set of Arelli Bling Bling rims for a previous 98 DeVille I had (gee, I think I put 1500 miles on em before I replaced them with Vogue Tires and rims I liked better and didnt look so pimp), just sold those other Vogue Rims and Tyres on Ebay....so I sold something anyway! My 2 car garage is so full of stuff...I cannot park in there! (workin on that problem!) - countless parts for TRX400EX quad (2 sets of rims/tires for it too) and CRF450R parts galore too.

My point...you dont have to have a shitload of money to attain all this shit! You just have to give up part of your life and be committed to the goal! In my case....I cannot afford kids at this point! Lesson to be learned....live your life man! It can get very lonely out there in the garage with all that shit, even though you are predisposed with stuff to do? Getting control over the debt...with no kids thats do-able......but I do have to choke up $1160 a month in car payments for the Lexus and Acura not to mention mortgage, bills, ect. Dont fuck up like I did and spend your family away. Yes, I look real cool out on the street.....but it did come a quite a cost! As I said...you just have to be committed in your goal, even if when you get there it isnt as great as you thought! YOU DO MAKE YOUR OWN REALITY IN THIS WORLD! Trust me. I am now on the down-hill side of my debt problems - but it took a long time and lots of creative work to get there! What do I have to show for it....lots of nice stuff? Woohoo! People make the world go round....not stuff!

Please...dont envy me or my stuff! I am hardly worthy of it given the cost. (I know thats hard to understand when your not feelin it and not there) Keep a good balance in your life....otherwise...you will probably end up like me! People will attend your funeral some day and talk about how nuts you were and how much shit your attained in your life and not about what a good person you were or how you contributed to the common good or life at all for that matter! As I am only 38...I still have time I guess! (wow...was that some deep thoughts for you guys or what!)
wOW....VERY deep thoughts. But I think that after reading this post made me realize something and my future decision making. Thanks Michael!
Old 11-02-2005 | 11:38 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Wow Mike, I was only looking for a one word answer...some good advice, though. I probably would have more stuff if I didn't go out with friends and enjoy life like I do...I have no regrets to this point and am quite happy...but I wouldn't mind a better paying job, you know?

As for mods and toys, I believe you should get what you want, if you can. Never settle. I cracked on $2k wheels before, but I was only looking to spend around $2k on wheels originally, and there are plenty of good wheel and tire combos to be had for around $2k...my problem is (actually, always) is that I fell in love with something more expensive...but I'm extremely happy now...gotta do what you gotta do.

Note: Trying to keep this on topic, but I feel a "take it to Ramblings" coming along soon.
Old 11-02-2005 | 11:41 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Originally Posted by sjkforever
oh really.....damn....i'll have student loans coming in as soon as i graduate next may....dang....and the reason i said $2000 for the wheels was i went to this local shop (i live in philly) and they were giving me this wheels(18 inch) for $1200 with tires included so i assumed if i get like 19-20....it would be around $2000.....shows how much i know about car and wheels....learning by day here at acurazine.....and maybe then i shouldnt get the wheels from there in the future??
Depends on the wheels...you can get a set of 19" Axis wheels and Toyo tires for $2,200.
Old 11-02-2005 | 11:58 AM
"Joe Cool"

MichaelBenz=Single
My point...you dont have to have a shitload of money to attain all this shit! You just have to give up part of your life and be committed to the goal! In my case....I cannot afford kids at this point! Lesson to be learned....live your life man! It can get very lonely out there in the garage with all that shit, even though you are predisposed with stuff to do? Getting control over the debt...with no kids thats do-able...... People make the world go round....not stuff!

Please...dont envy me or my stuff! I am hardly worthy of it given the cost. Keep a good balance in your life....otherwise...you will probably end up like me! People will attend your funeral some day and talk about how nuts you were and how much shit your attained in your life and not about what a good person you were or how you contributed to the common good or life at all for that matter! As I am only 38...I still have time I guess! (wow...was that some deep thoughts for you guys or what!)
Well, Mike I have to say that is some Deep Stuff and its funny because I am on the opposite side of that window looking out.

I have a wonderful family, 3 kids- 16 yr. old Boy, a 9 yr. old girl and a 6 yr. old girl.
I have been married going on 17 years. (note: I am only 39)

At times I have wondered if or how my life would have been different if i had just taken a different route.

Don't get me wrong... I love my Family but sometimes things get overwhelming and you can't hellp think.... Maybe I "F'd" up!

Reading your posts gives me a different prospective and outlook.

I too have some toys.... and I too am paying dearly... like for instance 3k a month in house payment alone!(Good ole So. Cal.)

But your right having friends and family to share it all with is ultimately more
satisfying somehow.

My Big ass House and Big ass car (Suburban) would be very empty otherwise.
Old 11-02-2005 | 11:58 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

I knew that ChillDog....I guess I just thought I would whip out a little character on you guys (have cold today...so not at my normal self proclaimed asshole self stage). I hear ya...I am not thrilled about my regulation job either.....make more money time to dollar when I am on my own at night then when I am at work during the daytime. Sux man!
(quote)
I'm saying you've already done plenty of things to regret, you just don't know what they are. It's when you discover them, when you see the folly in something you've done, and you wish that you had it do over, but you know you can't, because it's too late. So you pick that thing up, and carry it with you to remind you that life goes on, the world will spin without you, you really don't matter in the end. Then you will gain character, because honesty will reach out from inside and tattoo itself across your face. (Phil Cooper, The Big Kahuna, Movie, 1999) Played by Danny DeVito. (end quote)
Old 11-02-2005 | 12:02 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Good lord! You people spend a ridiculous amount of money on your cars! What happens if you get into an accident? Do you have the money to cover the cost of the dedcutible + rental car? Wow. I thought my WIFE thought I spent a lot of money on my car.

I guess that's where your priorities lay. Some people like their cars, and some like to do other things. I think crack would be a less expensive habit!

I just bought a carbon fiber hood for my car for $452, including shipping. That was the second-most expensive thing that I have in my car. I have the avelectronic DVD navigation converter ($525), Audiobahn DVD player ($109), Blitzsafe adapter ($100! ), under dash lights ($10), TL engine cover ($40), K&N air filter ($35), two cans of Towerpaint (for TL engine cover $40), and Alpine amplifier and sub ($215). This is not counting the uncountable amount of money I have spent on cleaning supplies and scheduled maintenance. That totals to about $1526.

My wife (no kids----yet) would seriously divorce me if I spent over $2000 at one sitting on my car. She argues that it's a depreciating asset, and she's right. Some people have a lot of money to blow on different things, and I personally just can't see spending all that money on a depreciating value. Oh well.

Funny story: after I got my CF hood, my wife looked at it and said, "It doesn't even match the rest of the car!" LOL. I told her, "If you think THIS is bad, wait until you see the $1900 suspension system that I want." She looked at me like I had just said she was fat. I also want the 17" EP-R5 Silver Star wheels and new tires, and I can't see spending that much money ($800 eBay and $1700 elsewhere) on new rims and tires.

Oh well.
Old 11-02-2005 | 12:09 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

And if you want to know how I make my money, I kind of live by the words of the saying below....!

It doesn't matter whether you're selling Jesus or Buddha or civil rights or 'How to Make Money in Real Estate With No Money Down.' That doesn't make you a human being; it makes you a marketing rep. If you want to talk to somebody honestly, as a human being, ask him about his kids. Find out what his dreams are - just to find out, for no other reason. Because as soon as you lay your hands on a conversation to steer it, it's not a conversation anymore; it's a pitch. And you're not a human being; you're a marketing rep. (Phil Cooper)

And this is kind of what got me to where I am today.....

A man hasn't any idea what his soul looks like until he gazes into the eyes for the woman that he's married to (engaged in my case). And then, if he's any kind of decent human being, he spends the next couple of days throwing up. Because no honest man can stand that image.(Phil Cooper)
Old 11-02-2005 | 12:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sjkforever
having a TL that stands above all other TLs even if it means you gonna starve for next couple of months: priceless......
You're kidding right?

Meanwhile, I'll have $4325.00 more in my pocket, and I'll be driving the same exact car with less of a chance of it getting vandalized or stolen. I don' t know, I just can't justify buying all these modifications instead of buying christmas gifts or eating.. Can't it wait? If you've got the money to spend its one thing, but if your going to have to sacrifice more important things to modify your LUXURY car thats a different story... Seems to me that impressing others is more important to you than impressing your own self... I've never understood this kind of mentality...
Old 11-02-2005 | 12:16 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

The Key Is GatrHumpy...you dont discuss or tell...the shit just starts showing up!
Old 11-02-2005 | 12:19 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by RedSoxGuy
You're kidding right?

Meanwhile, I'll have $4325.00 more in my pocket, and I'll be driving the same exact car with less of a chance of it getting vandalized or stolen. I don' t know, I just can't justify buying all these modifications instead of buying christmas gifts or eating.. Can't it wait? If you've got the money to spend its one thing, but if your going to have to sacrifice more important things to modify your LUXURY car thats a different story... Seems to me that impressing others is more important to you than impressing your own self... I've never understood this kind of mentality...
Trust me RedSoxGuy.....I am the only one I am worried about impressing! DGAF as far as everybody else goes unless a sale in involved! I am a legend in my own mind! (lol & j/k)
Old 11-02-2005 | 12:22 PM
Instructor

Trust me RedSoxGuy.....I am the only one I am worried about impressing! DGAF as far as everybody else goes unless a sale in involved! I am a legend in my own mind! (lol & j/k)

I find that hard to believe... How often do you get to look at the outside of your car? I'd imagine most of your time is spent inside correct? So how are you impressing yourself, if your driving a car with $2000 rims that you can't even see most of the time?
Old 11-02-2005 | 12:25 PM
Racer

Red face

Nice to see some more Acura deep thoughts for the day!

Mike, you have wealth measured in other ways...wisdom. And like all weathy people should, you share that wealth. I am a big fan of the School of Hard Knocks (and an alumni). But don't get me started on their football team!

It doesn't matter whether you have an Acura with stuff or without stuff (or even have an Acura). You either 'get it' or you don't. Having stuff, or not will never quantify character.

I can equally admire those who mod their TLs into art as much as I can admire a purist who sees the beauty in stock form.

Now, I had Dos Equis for lunch...what did YOU have Mike??? *brp*
Old 11-02-2005 | 12:28 PM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

MB - Well put in all your posts in this thread! A lot of people could learn a lot from reading that. I put myself in bad debt back in '92... just to have a bunch of toys.. Took me 6 years to get my $hit together. Met my girl in 95, dated for 6 years, then got married 4 years ago (just had our 4th anniversary!).

We put a plan together after dating for a couple of years with where we wanted to be ten years out... I stopped buying super expensive things and she managed the money. I worked a consulting job where I generally left on Sunday night and got back on the redeye on Friday. I didn't get to see her much for almost 4 years!!! but my ultimate goal was to be a dad someday who would be around to see my kids grow up. I figured if I cut out the new car every 2 years, stopped with the electronics, and got my finances in order (along with building my skills) I would be able to get a office job (with no travel), make the same or more $$ as I did while on the road ad be around for the family.

It took us until about 3 years ago to realize this dream. All the hard work paid off. We have been married for 4 years, have a 3 year old boy and a 2 month old girl (who are freaking awesome - BTW!). We live in an upscale neighborhood in a big beautiful house with slightly over 3 acres of yard and woods (backing up to conservation land). We do still have 3 cars ('05 TL, '02 Camry SE and the WJ Jeep as a winter car).... but they're not ridiculous.. We could have Merc's or Bimmer's in the drive, but it would come at the expense of something else... like the kids college fund (not worth it in my book) or my life insurance policy, etc...

I found a way to start my own business and make multiple times more $$ than I ever did working for someone else and I do 90% of my work from my house (in my home office right now - just had chinese food for lunch downstairs with the fam.).... so I get to see my wife and kids as much as I want and can be there when they need me. I'm NOT saying any of this to brag, but to show that any burnout (me 14 years ago) can get his/her $hit together and make things happen in their lives if they're willing to pu in the effort.

You said it all in your post.. Having a solid plan and understanding reality and what's really important in life can go a long way! You are in full control of how your life turns out and your own level of happiness.

You started a good topic for people who may confuse happiness with the simple accumulation of material goods..
Old 11-02-2005 | 12:34 PM
"Joe Cool"

You're kidding right?

Good Point!

It's like trancemission said "take it on step at a time."

What's the point of Modding a car to the Extreme if you don't even have the cash to fill it up with Gas and drive it?
Old 11-02-2005 | 12:40 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

I find that hard to believe... How often do you get to look at the outside of your car? I'd imagine most of your time is spent inside correct? So how are you impressing yourself, if your driving a car with $2000 rims that you can't even see most of the time?
Wow....are you bitter? And you really want to know how I am impressing myself? Ok....you asked.....

First....I took those peice of shit 17" rims and tires that tend to fall over themselves around each and every corner and replaced them with a quality looking wheel that adds to the overall exterior of my car as well as outperforms the stockers by far...then I took that fucking stock front end that appears to fall over itself when sitting still and added the lower A-spec lip to it, which not only added to the exterior of the car, but stopped that irritating wind buffeting under the front end that occurs when you hit about 75mph, added the rest of the matching kit, ect., then I upgraded that absolutely cheesey stock suspension with one that would hold up to my kind of driving habits, ect. Where in there did you hear me mention anybody else? Need I go on? You get the point dont you? It is performance and a look preference....dont see where anybody else plays into that!

There is a saying about things like this around shops....those that can afford it...love it...those that cant....think it is a total waste of money! Not making any judgements on you at all (as you apparently did to me previously)....you might be a millionaire for all I know>but not sure what your point is other than I am modding my car to impress everybody, which if you really knew me...you would know I could fucking care less about everybody else? I just like to have a good time man! Dont slight me for that! Ok, slight me for spening my family away....but dont slight me and say that I am doing mods to impress everybody, cause most everybody knows that just isnt true in my case....especially in my case! Fuck dude...I am a self proclaimed asshole! (wow....I think I am getting back to my old self again...I hate colds!)
Old 11-02-2005 | 12:41 PM
HMFIC

How about this...

Invest in your retirement: $4325
Retiring with an extra $60,000 - $100,000: well, an extra $60K - $100K
Old 11-02-2005 | 12:43 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

I miss the @$$hole Michael! I remember you saying somewhere else you were in sales. I'd be great at it, save my lack of patience. Guess I'll keep sitting here surfing the internet all day and making an occasional graph (dollar to actual time working...I can hardly be touched!).

A few people posted about there being no point in modding a car...well, there's also no point in have a 65" widescreen HD TV with an Entre system ($2k), 500 disc DVD changer, TOTL receiver, ultra high-end speakers (incl a $2k center channel, which was ON SALE at $2k), either, but that's what a good friend of mine drops his cash into. His car? A Hyundai...doesn't care at all. Another friend of mine spends a forture to have the latest gadgets - iPod, new phone every couple of months, video iPod, etc...most of it ordered before release. Yet another waste, in my mind. The point? People piss away money on different things...whatever makes you happy.

But, as many have pointed out, to do this at the expense of family and friends (or food) is wrong. I remember people moaning because gas was $2.50 a gallon...someone missed the point above to have a nice car...sacraficed everything to get the TL and now can't afford to drive it when they should've got a cheap car so they could continue to live.

And since we're quoting folks here today...a VERY wise man once said: "They had some $hit like that back in my day, too. And if it's not that piece of paper, it's some other choice they'll try to make for you...but you've got to do what Randal "Pink" Floyd wants to do because the older you do get, the more rules they'll try to make you follow...but you just gotta keep on livin'...L-I-V-I-N."
Old 11-02-2005 | 12:50 PM
Previous Owner

It really comes down to the fact that if you can't find a better use for that money, then you should spend it.

If you have $1000 sitting there, and you're ready to buy upgrades, if you think you can better spend it elsewhere, then do that instead of the upgrade.
Old 11-02-2005 | 12:52 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by TampaMike

Mike, you have wealth measured in other ways...wisdom. And like all weathy people should, you share that wealth. I am a big fan of the School of Hard Knocks (and an alumni). But don't get me started on their football team!

It doesn't matter whether you have an Acura with stuff or without stuff (or even have an Acura). You either 'get it' or you don't. Having stuff, or not will never quantify character.

I can equally admire those who mod their TLs into art as much as I can admire a purist who sees the beauty in stock form.

LOL...you are right.....DEEP THOUGHTS FROM JACK HANDY! (lol)

What did I have for lunch.....well...I am about to drive home and let my dog out who suffers from Glaucoma (mostly blind now) and deal with all that! Probably wont even have time to eat! She walked off the second story landing about 3 weeks ago (couldnt see and got out of her room area) while I was cleaning the carpets and wasnt paying close attention! Damn! Nursed her back to health though (she is a 15 yr old Miniature Pinscher) as I wouldnt take her to the vet because I knew they were gonna give me that "its time to think about putting her down" conversation, which I have been running from for over two years (and by the way...she still loves life!) Those vets dont know what they are talking about most of the time! She is still very viable and full of life....just getting very old.

Anyway....what will I have for lunch....today probably a microwave Boston Market frozen meal and a Coke! (lol)

BTW...for the other posters...I never said I couldnt afford gas or to do what I want to most of the time.....but there is way more in life than that man!
Old 11-02-2005 | 01:00 PM
"Joe Cool"

Originally Posted by TampaMike

What? No Novacane?
Old 11-02-2005 | 01:02 PM
Racer

Fasten your seatbelts and remain seated until this thread crashes to a halt...

"Hello, Blockbuster? Please cancel my order for tonite. No, I won't be needing them. I see something more entertaining has come up...."

<sits back, pops the top and watches>

Old 11-02-2005 | 01:07 PM
Racer

Talking

Originally Posted by 1sweetTL
What? No Novacane?
My dentist is high tech. You can surf on a flat panel above the chair as he drills. I will be watching this thread while he works. I doubt I will need any laughing gas.

Please hold off the slug fest until 3pm today...that is my appointment time.
Old 11-02-2005 | 01:11 PM
Banned

Cars are like girls, they just dont suck you off.
Old 11-02-2005 | 01:11 PM
"Joe Cool"

BTW...for the other posters...I never said I couldnt afford gas or to do what I want to most of the time.....but there is way more in life than that man!
The "If you can't afford Gas comment was directed to the person who said he wouldn't be able to eat. Cuz he is spending all his money on Mods.

I agree with the "If you got it, flaunt it Principle"

My car isn't stock and I will actually be doing more mods.
But not at the cost of a good Meal.
that's probably why i am a FAT ASS though

But people like myself, Tampa Mike and you Michael Benz we have worked hard for many years to get this stuff.

We have Budgets, something some of the others may not have.
Old 11-02-2005 | 01:14 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by KilroyR1
How about this...

Invest in your retirement: $4325
Retiring with an extra $60,000 - $100,000: well, an extra $60K - $100K
well i dont think investing $4000, which i dont have right now will give me an extra advantage later on....im a college student with no job and so i basically have to save up my allowances to afford all the mods that i plan to do....i will be graduating next may so i'll probably speed up the mod process then but right now it's like one mod per month or two kinda thing....
Old 11-02-2005 | 01:16 PM
Racer

Talking

I knew they were gonna give me that "its time to think about putting her down" conversation!
My vet would NEVER talk me into putting down Fritz,,, but she has offered to give me the blue needle a few times. Funny thing is, I took Fritz to the vet for his checkup last week. When my brow wrinkled at the bill reveal (it was like Extreme Makeover), she said (no joke) ,... "you drive a nice Acura, you can afford it!"

Still, I'll take Fritz over more mods....any day.

*brp* OK, it was only dos Dos Equis for lunch, not tres!
Old 11-02-2005 | 01:17 PM
Instructor

First....I took those peice of shit 17" rims and tires that tend to fall over themselves around each and every corner and replaced them with a quality looking wheel that adds to the overall exterior of my car as well as outperforms the stockers by far...then I took that fucking stock front end that appears to fall over itself when sitting still and added the lower A-spec lip to it, which not only added to the exterior of the car, but stopped that irritating wind buffeting under the front end that occurs when you hit about 75mph, added the rest of the matching kit, ect., then I upgraded that absolutely cheesey stock suspension with one that would hold up to my kind of driving habits, ect. Where in there did you hear me mention anybody else? Need I go on? You get the point dont you? It is performance and a look preference....dont see where anybody else plays into that!

There is a saying about things like this around shops....those that can afford it...love it...those that cant....think it is a total waste of money! Not making any judgements on you at all (as you apparently did to me previously)....you might be a millionaire for all I know>but not sure what your point is other than I am modding my car to impress everybody, which if you really knew me...you would know I could fucking care less about everybody else? I just like to have a good time man! Dont slight me for that! Ok, slight me for spening my family away....but dont slight me and say that I am doing mods to impress everybody, cause most everybody knows that just isnt true in my case....especially in my case! Fuck dude...I am a self proclaimed asshole! (wow....I think I am getting back to my old self again...I hate colds!)

No buddy... You don't see MY point.. First of all you aren't the author of this thread, the topic was regarding SJK sacrificing more important things for modifications... I didn't aim my orignal reply at you.. Not everything that is said in a thread is for you to be taken personally... If you can afford to modify your car, and its your 'preference' good for you! But if someone is going to sacrifice eating to modify a luxury car, you are out to impress others, not yourself...

It must be real rough hearing a 24 year old guy who doesn't post much around here ask you a simple question... No need for the swears buddy... But if you aren't out to impress anyone, why list all of your mods in your signature..? Are you going to try and tell me that you're impressing yourself by listing your mods in your signature...? Shit you even went as far to list your lexus in your profile... Sorry, I'm not buying it....
Old 11-02-2005 | 01:19 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Tampa - no kidding...give me something to do until I leave in an hour and a half. Beer at lunch...always pisses us off when we see folks drinking at lunch...we're just jealous

MB - that's scary...just had a Boston Market TV dinner for lunch. And no one said you couldn't afford gas, just a general observation from other people's previous comments in other threads. I think you need to lay off the Nyquil...
Old 11-02-2005 | 01:21 PM
"Joe Cool"

Originally Posted by chill_dog
A few people posted about there being no point in modding a car...well, there's also no point in have a 65" widescreen HD TV with an Entre system ($2k), 500 disc DVD changer, TOTL receiver, ultra high-end speakers (incl a $2k center channel, which was ON SALE at $2k), either, but that's what a good friend of mine drops his cash into.
Hey!!! Who told you about all my stuff?????

Anyways your right some people don't understand why my Home Theater System has to make the House shake off the foundation!

It's simple, "Because, I like it" and because I can afford it."

Originally Posted by chill_dog
The point? People piss away money on different things...whatever makes you happy.
I totally agree.
Old 11-02-2005 | 01:22 PM
Instructor

You're kidding right?

i guess i was being little too extreme when i said i'll be starving for next couple weeks....of course im not gonna starve it's just that i will be more selective on where i spend my money....for example, it means no shopping for myself or others (ahem...gf...sorry baby...still love you though) and just cutting down my expenditure which is primarily composed of eating out at restaurants and buying clothes.... and yes call me superficial, fake whatever you wanna call me but the truth is when IT COMES TO CARS, i wanna impress others.....( i think this is due to the fact that i used to drive my mom's 97 camry and all my other friends had $30000 plus cars......).....oh yea and bostonguy....whats up with theo....guess he's leaving huh...

Quick Reply: just rambling....read if bored...