Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just hit 1000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 02:14 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just hit 1000 miles

So far the car is doing well. No rattles or anything crazy yet. I am pleased with my choice of going with the 5AT. Its so nice to just cruise with ease. This is my first auto. I've yet to use the emergency brake while parked yet. I tend to think its unecessary, unless of course you are on a serious incline, but otherwise I don't. Am I alone on this thinking?

So far my only gripes are the car beeping immediately when you get in it because you seatbelt isnt on. How annoying. It should let you start the car, then put your seatbelt on. Who the hell put the belt on first and then starts the car. So stupid. I also hate the fact that a meduim coffee from Dunkin Donuts gets so snug in the cup holder, it pushes those rubber grippers down making it nearly impossible to get the cup back out with the friction of the grippers facing down. I literally couldn't get the cup out for like 2 minutes this morning

The all weather mats are to dusty/dirty friendly. One mild swipe with a shoe makes a horrible looking mark. bad design!! How the heck do I clean the damn things now, bring them in the bathtub??

The only other negative is the seats are meant for fat people. I feel totally lost and unsupported. The side bolsters, if you want to call them that, are like 3 inches from each side of my body when Im sitting there. Im 6'3" and 185 too!!
They arent even soft??

These are only gripes. The car all in all is a great car. I havn't even begun to dive into the bluetooth world yet, as my phone won't be available for 2 more weeks. I also have not tried using voice activation for anything yet. So there is more fun yet to come!!
Old 03-27-2005, 03:48 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Glad you mostly like the car so far.

I very rarely use the parking brake either but understand it can be a good idea anywhere someone is likely to try and push you parked car with theirs.

There are many workarounds posted for the cup holder, use search.

Those are floor mats that you are concerned about...the carpet you are protecting is under them.

Seat bolsters could be a tad closer for spirited driving.

Enjoy bluetooth and many additional miles.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:35 PM
Gratis dictum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

In 6600 miles I have never heard the seatbelt chime. Actually, I think it's kinda stupid to listen to it. You do have a choice. Nornally I don't use the parking brake either, but I do on an incline. The pawl in the tranny park position isn't strong enough to be trusted on slopes. The bluetooth HFL is great...you will enjoy it. Voice activation is fun, but usually slower than punching a button. Have fun!