Sponsored by:

Intro and a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 02:51 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intro and a few questions

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to post up and introduce myself as my girlfriend and I just finished all the paperwork on a used 2004 TL 5AT w/ NAVI. We previously had a 01 CL but we were rear ended by a drunk/buzzed driver and got the car totalled out.

She really loves the car and for comfort you couldn't ask for much more.

I do have a few questions though pertaining to some issues the car is having that I'm having trouble figuring out.

First, the power locks on the car are acting extremely weird. When you first get in the car the key fob will unlock the car with no issue. However once, you get out you can not lock it with the keyfob. The only way to lock it without manually pushing down each lock is to repeatedly press the door switch. This is the same for both driver and passenger side doors so I figure it might be the multiplexer I keep reading about, but I'm unsure. Once the door locks activate, you can then unlock and lock the doors without issue, although you cannot activate the alarm. I also tried holding the key in the door aswell with no success.

Second, I was trying to turn on the chirp confirmation for the car when you lock the doors, but I'm missing the option in the MID. I get keyless memory settings but it tells me that a remote is not linked. If the key fob and unlock and lock the car, it's linked right? Am I missing something here?

Lastly, is the car supposed to display a caller ID tag when using the BT HFL? It just says incoming call, but the owners manual stated it should have a number so I'm confused.

If anyone could help or if anyone has any insight on these issues, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 301 Likes on 258 Posts
welcome and congrats on the new purchace. sorry to hear about the CL hopefully you both are alright. the HFL can be tricky sometimes. depending on your phone no ALL features will work with the HFL, like importing your contact list or caller id. for example i am unable to import my contact list from my blackberry curve, simply because the HFL does not support it. you may be having the same issue with your caller id, depending on your phone the HFL may not support this feature check out www.handsfreelink.com find the model of your phone and it will tell you weather or not the caller id works with the TL's HFL, im afarid i cant be of much help on the first 2 issues, but other members who know more than me will be able to help you with this. im a noob as well. hope this helps
Old 07-05-2010, 04:09 AM
8th Gear

It is an Iphone 3GS and it states it is supposed to be compatiable with that feature, but no dice
Old 07-05-2010, 04:20 AM
8th Gear

I found this: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ight=caller+id

which suggest that maybe its just the Iphone...
Old 07-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,106 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by kore2000
First, the power locks on the car are acting extremely weird. When you first get in the car the key fob will unlock the car with no issue. However once, you get out you can not lock it with the keyfob. The only way to lock it without manually pushing down each lock is to repeatedly press the door switch. This is the same for both driver and passenger side doors so I figure it might be the multiplexer I keep reading about, but I'm unsure. Once the door locks activate, you can then unlock and lock the doors without issue, although you cannot activate the alarm. I also tried holding the key in the door aswell with no success.

Second, I was trying to turn on the chirp confirmation for the car when you lock the doors, but I'm missing the option in the MID. I get keyless memory settings but it tells me that a remote is not linked. If the key fob and unlock and lock the car, it's linked right? Am I missing something here?

Lastly, is the car supposed to display a caller ID tag when using the BT HFL? It just says incoming call, but the owners manual stated it should have a number so I'm confused.
1. Change out the battery in your remotes, then see if the problem remains. Door actuators do go out, and that is more common than the MICU going bad.

2. You need to manually link each remote/key fob if the dealer has not done that (or if the fobs unlinked for some reason, like dead batteries)-- press and hold the "Lock" and "Unlock" buttons simultaneously for a few seconds, until each remote's LED blinks.
Each of the two remotes will then store individual mirror, seat, audio and climate control settings-- very useful when there are two regular drivers with different preferences-- as described in the owner's manual.

Once the remotes are linked, you can set the chirp/beep option, auto door lock preferences, etc. through the MID.

Register the TL at the owner website at http://owners.acura.com/ for on-line access to the owner's and Navi manuals as well.

3. The display of the incoming call number is dependent on the particular cell relay tower's hardware-- sometimes incoming numbers will display, sometimes they won't depending on where the car is located, but that is controlled by the cell relay transmitter and not by your phone or the car.

There is no way to change the incoming call ID to a name, either, even if the number is broadcast.

Welcome to AZ.

Last edited by Will Y.; 07-05-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:47 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Will Y.
1. Change out the battery in your remotes, then see if the problem remains. Door actuators do go out, and that is more common than the MICU going bad.

2. You need to manually link each remote/key fob if the dealer has not done that (or if the fobs unlinked for some reason, like dead batteries)-- press and hold the "Lock" and "Unlock" buttons simultaneously for a few seconds, until each remote's LED blinks.
Each of the two remotes will then store individual mirror, seat, audio and climate control settings-- very useful when there are two regular drivers with different preferences-- as described in the owner's manual.

Once the remotes are linked, you can set the chirp/beep option, auto door lock preferences, etc. through the MID.

Register the TL at the owner website at http://owners.acura.com/ for on-line access to the owner's and Navi manuals as well.

3. The display of the incoming call number is dependent on the particular cell relay tower's hardware-- sometimes incoming numbers will display, sometimes they won't depending on where the car is located, but that is controlled by the cell relay transmitter and not by your phone or the car.

There is no way to change the incoming call ID to a name, either, even if the number is broadcast.

Welcome to AZ.
Thank you for the response.

I did manage to link the single remote we got and so I have the options on the MID that I was missing. And so far the locking mechanism seems to be working correctly. However, I still can not hear a lock confirmation. I set the lock confirmation to on, but nothing. It isn't setting the alarm either for sure. Does the alarm work of the door switches or separate switches? It is acting like something is still open. I'm fairly certain it isn't the remote since all the other buttons work.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:18 AM
8th Gear

Okay, update after screwing with this keyfob all day. I'm sure it is not the battery or the remote since all the other buttons work and the LED is lighting up.

We were successfully able to arm the alarm, but only at a specfic distance??!! If we were up close it didn't arm, so we had to back up with makes no sense to me.

The locks are still doing the same thing. Although it is improving. Basically, just to reiterate, it will not lock with the remote or inside switches until to repeatedly press the lock button on the driver side door switch. Once it start working, its stays working for a little while but goes back to doing the same thing after a while.

I believe, based on my limited knowledge of the 2004 TL and information I have gathered from reading, that it is either the drivers side actuator or the MICU. Anyone who can assist me with any troubleshooting procedures or test, it would be greatly appreciated.