3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im so SAD RIP till further notice my baby

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 06:37 PM
19" Inchs Of Hyper Black

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got the pics on my phone like i posted earlier prolly be tomorrow before they get posted sry for tw wait but i dont even like to look at them.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:50 AM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thevikas87
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I'm with above stupid
Old 03-04-2008, 06:51 AM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

Originally Posted by Xpditor
A large dog wedging into the left wheel well is going to lock the left wheel. With a locked left wheel, the car is going to swerve to the left.

It's not rocket science.

Glad you weren't hurt. Sorry for your car. They can fix it. That's what insurance is for.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I'm also with this above stupid, in this case, MEGA MOD
Old 03-04-2008, 08:05 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
WTF???

First of all, why is this thread turning into a PETA rally? Since when is one person's opinion more important than the other? What I don't like is when people come on here enraged about what someone else said and start flaming them! Who are you? That goes for anyone that does that! This is a forum and people are entitled to their opinion without you heaping your moral bullshit on them. If you won't hit a dog, then don't hit it, swerve, flip, whatever, but if it is me and the dog comes out into the street, I will hit the dog rather than swerve because I believe that creates more risk for injury and damage to myself and others. If it goes out into the street, you won't. I get that. Cool. I am not going to bash you for swerving, so you don't bash me for hitting it.

Jesus Christ man! Lighten the hell up! You are in a CAR forum, not a PETA rally. Aren't your opinions and rage best served there where people actually care about the subject? It seems like people come on here trying to push their "moral structure and background" on others by slamming their opinions. Right, that will do it. You should not be flamed about caring for the dog, but neither should we for hitting it! Respect our opinion too!

As for the OP, you were asked what happened by X. We were just formulating opinions on what happened prior to you responding. So now you did. It's cool. Man, you guys need to chill out...it's just a forum...
Old 03-04-2008, 08:21 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by pkarandi
Wow some of these responses are astonishing to me. How some people can be so callous towards someone else's pet is just fukked up. I'm no bleeding heart liberal, but I do give a shiit about people's pets.

And, by the way, unless you KNOW FOR A FACT that they intentionally let their dog roam free, blaming the owner is just stupid. Letting the dog roam free, of course, is wrong. How do you know the owner didn't "do everything they physically can to keep it safe and not wandering the streets?" Some dogs will still get out once in a while. Try a little compassion. Damn...

I know I'm going to get flamed for this post, which is fine, but please don't say something stupid like I prefer a human getting hurt over the dog. That's not what I'm saying. Just don't be so callous about it. After all, that dog was probably really cared about by its owner.
I doubt you'll get flamed, but I could be wrong...there are some dumb@$e$ on here. And even if you do get flamed, you are correct, so don't worry about it.
WTF??? Get real...he is NOT correct! But not for what you think some will say he isn't...

First of all, why is this thread turning into a PETA rally? Since when is one person's opinion more important than the other? What I don't like is when people come on here enraged about what someone else said and start flaming them! Who the hell are you? That goes for anyone that does that! You calling people callous because they don't subscribe to your philosophy or way of life in regard to animals? This is an ACURA TL forum and people are entitled to their opinion without you heaping your moral bullshit on them. If you won't hit a dog, then don't hit it - swerve, flip, whatever, but if it is me and the dog comes out into the street, I will hit the dog rather than swerve because I believe that creates more risk for injury and damage to myself and others. If it goes out into the street, you won't. I get that. Cool. I am not going to bash you for swerving, so you don't bash me for hitting it. See, that's the way it's supposed to work. You read what we say and move on.

Jesus Christ man! Lighten the hell up! You are in a CAR forum, not a PETA rally. Aren't your opinions and rage best served there where people actually care about the subject? Is it really a stretch to believe that people in a car forum care more about their car then the animal crossing the street, no matter how much it pisses you off personally?? It seems like people like you always come on here trying to push their "moral structure and background" on others by slamming their opinions. And then, have the audacity to give out the flame disclaimer after you basically flamed us for being "anti-Old Yella"! Right, that will do it. No!...You should not be flamed about caring for the dog, but neither should we for saying he should've hit it or we would've hit it! Why can't we just (hold onto something - this is gonna be big...) be different or have a different opinion on the subject?? Respect our opinion, too!

As for the OP, you were asked what happened by X. We were just formulating opinions on what happened prior to you responding. So now you did. It's cool.

Man, you guys need to chill out...
Old 03-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
^^^Man, who pissed in your Wheaties this morning?

Ryan, still waiting for pics of "the dog that caused an uproar on AZ"...
Old 03-04-2008, 09:05 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

^
Old 03-04-2008, 09:47 AM
too many hobbies...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sixsixfour, you make some great points. That last point about getting sued by a pet owner for ruining their fence is well put. Sorry, I shouldn't have called you callous. I have a dog that has gotten out a few times (most times were not my fault, but sometimes it was). Fortunately, I live deep enough in my neighborhood that she never got to a busy road before I caught her. I guess thinking about that hit a nerve.

darksom, relax. You also made a great point about this being a car forum. In my defense, I will reiterate that I'm no PETA freak and I didn't ever say he should have swerved and risked his own life to save the dog. I was put off by people joking about it. But, you're right - it's all about where people draw their lines.

That's it - sorry to hijack the thread.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:55 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

sixsixfour, you make some great points. That last point about getting sued by a pet owner for ruining their fence is well put. Sorry, I shouldn't have called you callous. I have a dog that has gotten out a few times (most times were not my fault, but sometimes it was). Fortunately, I live deep enough in my neighborhood that she never got to a busy road before I caught her. I guess thinking about that hit a nerve.

darksom, relax. You also made a great point about this being a car forum. In my defense, I will reiterate that I'm no PETA freak and I didn't ever say he should have swerved and risked his own life to save the dog. I was put off by people joking about it. But, you're right - it's all about where people draw their lines.

We cooler than the other side of the pillow playa!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:59 AM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

Originally Posted by darksom1
WTF??? Get real...he is NOT correct! But not for what you think some will say he isn't...

First of all, why is this thread turning into a PETA rally? Since when is one person's opinion more important than the other? What I don't like is when people come on here enraged about what someone else said and start flaming them! Who the hell are you? That goes for anyone that does that! You calling people callous because they don't subscribe to your philosophy or way of life in regard to animals? This is an ACURA TL forum and people are entitled to their opinion without you heaping your moral bullshit on them. If you won't hit a dog, then don't hit it - swerve, flip, whatever, but if it is me and the dog comes out into the street, I will hit the dog rather than swerve because I believe that creates more risk for injury and damage to myself and others. If it goes out into the street, you won't. I get that. Cool. I am not going to bash you for swerving, so you don't bash me for hitting it. See, that's the way it's supposed to work. You read what we say and move on.

Jesus Christ man! Lighten the hell up! You are in a CAR forum, not a PETA rally. Aren't your opinions and rage best served there where people actually care about the subject? Is it really a stretch to believe that people in a car forum care more about their car then the animal crossing the street, no matter how much it pisses you off personally?? It seems like people like you always come on here trying to push their "moral structure and background" on others by slamming their opinions. And then, have the audacity to give out the flame disclaimer after you basically flamed us for being "anti-Old Yella"! Right, that will do it. No!...You should not be flamed about caring for the dog, but neither should we for saying he should've hit it or we would've hit it! Why can't we just (hold onto something - this is gonna be big...) be different or have a different opinion on the subject?? Respect our opinion, too!

As for the OP, you were asked what happened by X. We were just formulating opinions on what happened prior to you responding. So now you did. It's cool.

Man, you guys need to chill out...
dude you need to lay off the cookie crisp and fruity pebbles and try sugar free corn flakes!
Old 03-04-2008, 10:06 AM
too many hobbies...

Originally Posted by darksom1
We cooler than the other side of the pillow playa!
Cool.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts

its all good bro, no worries. i unknowingly hit a nerve with you, and for that I apologize. Im not cruel to animals (having small kittens myself and volunteer at a local pet adoption clinic) in any way, shape or form. I just happen to heed what was taught to me in the Army. for reference, here is an excerpt from a document on driving safety:

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=9&gl=us

WILDLIFE AND ANIMALS
Know the road you’re travelling. If wildlife or livestock on the road is a potential problem, decrease your speed and remain alert for their presence. If a small animal is in the road, you are better off hitting a small animal than swerving or braking hard and possibly losing control of your vehicle.
even the DMV says the exact thing:

http://www.dmv.org/how-to-guides/wildlife-rescue.php

Don't swerve. It's better to hit an animal than roll your vehicle or crash into an oncoming semi-truck. The exception would be swerving to avoid a very large animal, such as a moose, which weighs as much as a car.

again, to the OP, sorry for the hijack.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:24 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

^ Wow...
Old 03-04-2008, 10:38 AM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
little ducklings are more important than NBP's
Old 03-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by leedogg
little ducklings are more important than NBP's

Old 03-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Ryan:

Thanks for sending me the pic of you and the dog.

But where's the TL?
Old 03-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts
lol that poor kitty
Old 03-04-2008, 03:44 PM
19" Inchs Of Hyper Black

ok wait till i get home i know you guys arer waiting for these pics i dont have a sd slot on the computer at my work so ill post them when i get home :/ so be patient pls thats for the apologies for hi jacking PETA is fine but this is a car forum guys be real
Old 03-04-2008, 03:46 PM
19" Inchs Of Hyper Black

oh xp the tl is the round ring in the background
Old 03-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Black

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Sorry if someone else posted this, but thought it was necessary.

I'm a person that is totally against suing people, but this is a case when you CAN sue someone (homeowner policy if they have one, otherwise the person themselves). It is actually the reason that I have an "umbrella" policy on my homeowners insurance.

This same thing (minus the sign through roof) happened to a member back in 2004 or 2005.

-josh
Old 03-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Black

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by gotjesus
You: Living Creature
Dog/Pet: Living Creature
Car: JUST A MACHINE

Even a bacteria has life. the car, it is just a car. IMO
Originally Posted by visuelz
Dogs cannot be replaced.
Cars can.

I would probably feel worse for the dog's family.
As a long-time member these posts sicken me. As others have said, this is a car forum. The pet/dog (or more accurately, the owner of said pet/dog) is responsible for damages, and this was a needless/senseless accident.

If you want to champion a "GotJesus" or "Dog family" message, go to a PETA forum.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:39 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

lindros2 what is your ETA on your GT-R?
Old 03-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by TL1999
lindros2 what is your ETA on your GT-R?

Take it to PM and stay on topic, sort of, please.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:53 PM
19" Inchs Of Hyper Black

Ok I figured out its gonna 15 days till I get her back and its gonna run around 3300-4500 to fix my car thats including a new radiator, fan, bumper front frame arm and roof skin replacement.

Also i have the pics on my phone but my MiniSD adapter is not currently working sorry bout the pics i will have them by the weekend at the latest So Keep your fingers crossed for them and hopefully it wont take the whole 15 days i hope

XP you really want to see the progress always on here when i am i want to show yall pics but i cant
Old 03-04-2008, 08:55 PM
19" Inchs Of Hyper Black

oh xp did u not seethe ring in the background thats the TL i told you lol
Old 03-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Ryans04PrlTL
oh xp did u not seethe ring in the background thats the TL i told you lol
The silver one or the little blue one?
Old 03-04-2008, 09:28 PM
19" Inchs Of Hyper Black

the little blue one lol its shiny haha
Old 03-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Xpditor

LOL hahahahahahhahahahahaha ROFL
Old 03-05-2008, 12:16 PM
19" Inchs Of Hyper Black

lol thats great
Old 03-05-2008, 08:44 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
where are the pics?
Old 03-11-2008, 09:35 AM
19" Inchs Of Hyper Black

Here are the Pics

Hope You guys enjoy my anguish
Old 03-11-2008, 10:48 PM
19" Inchs Of Hyper Black

i put the pics up any no one even cares to look at them
Old 03-11-2008, 11:11 PM
Engineer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
the dog got on your roof??
Old 03-12-2008, 07:04 AM
Let's Go Pens

This seems like a lot of damaged to be caused by a dog... damn dude!
Old 03-12-2008, 08:28 AM
19" Inchs Of Hyper Black

no the roof was damaged by the sign as i posted in the OP