Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm NOT happy...

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 09:21 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm NOT happy...

Man, I can't believe what happened to me today!!!!!!!!!

I'm on the highway with my 2 DAY OLD SSM TL and a good-sized rocked gets bounced up on to my hood and leaves a fairly deep sized 1 inch gash almost right in the middle of my hood (it's slightly indented as well)! It's too deep for just touch up paint... any suggestions... can the dealer fix this? Will they have to repaint the entire hood? Should I go to a paint shop instead? And how much will it cost me (estimates please)?

Thanks for any suggestion.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:28 PM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jbergerud

I'm on the highway with my 2 DAY OLD SSM TL and a good-sized rocked gets bounced up on to my hood and leaves a fairly deep sized 1 inch gash almost right in the middle of my hood (it's slightly indented as well)! It's too deep for just touch up paint... any suggestions... can the dealer fix this? Will they have to repaint the entire hood? Should I go to a paint shop instead? And how much will it cost me (estimates please)?

You need to go to the dealer and probably PAY for a new hood paint job. I wouldn't trust any aftermarket paint shop with a 'new car' paint job.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:38 PM
Instructor

Paint chip

I had my 04 TL for about 1 week and this happened to me... Well you have 2 choices either get it repainted (In case costs around $300-$400 and risk the new paint not matching to rest of car to try to fix it yourself. I was lucky and didn't have a dent so this may or may not work for you unless your able to push out the dent from the other side of the hood. For what its worth, take a look at this link to see what I did.....

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showt...190#post893190
Old 08-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Do you have any pic to show us? Thanks. Maybe ppl could give you more details if they could see it by eyes.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:15 PM
Advanced

Welcome to the club?

... a good-sized rocked gets bounced up on to my hood and leaves a fairly deep sized 1 inch gash almost right in the middle of my hood.
My similar experience (with the added irony of a new clear bra that din' help):

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87671

Following Mastbro's advise, I'm going to try wet sanding w/ touch-up paint. I don't want to repaint the whole hood (and I've got the clear bra on there which complicates things too). The kit he mentioned, which is available online, includes glazing putty I think, which will fill in moderate gouges. If your hood is really dented, though, I guess you need a body shop.

Good luck!

Narikin
Old 08-04-2004, 12:09 AM
Instructor

I already have 3 nice rock chips 2 on my windshield and one on my hood at first it sucks but you will forget about it in a few days
Old 08-04-2004, 12:45 AM
Intermediate

Try having your car for 6 days(RRP/Ebony/Nav/6mt) and getting stuck in a hail storm at work. Hood, Roof, trunk lid and entire right side of car, including all the trim moldings get damaged. Luckily its fixed already, the paintless dent repair was awesome, just have to get the idiots at the dealer to figure out how to replace trim, 1st at bat was a total strikeout, waiting on more parts. Sometimes it helps for the techs to READ the SERVICE MANUAL before they start tearing stuff apart......Should have just done it myself, I READ IT ALL IN MY OWN SERVICE MANUAL>>>