I'm debating on getting ride of my TL

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009 | 10:52 AM
Instructor

I'm debating on getting ride of my TL

I love the car and everything but I'm very close to getting rid of it. This car has done me well so far and a did a few mods to it but It also has been vandalized like shit. It was keyed left and right and also spray painted. I'm just sick of it and thinking about trading it in for something else. What would you guys suggest?
Old 08-27-2009 | 11:06 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by PhillyxMartin
I love the car and everything but I'm very close to getting rid of it. This car has done me well so far and a did a few mods to it but It also has been vandalized like shit. It was keyed left and right and also spray painted. I'm just sick of it and thinking about trading it in for something else. What would you guys suggest?
I understand your frustration, but why in the hell would you get rid of one of the best cars on the road. My car has never been keyed, but I know all about stupid JELOUS people that have nothing better to do than vandalize cars. I used to work with people like that, at this nice little place called Elite Acura in Maple Shade NJ. Yes my coworkers, would open their doors on my car and try to ding it up. When I worked there you would think it would be easy to get service as an employee. WRONG, I regularly got into arguments with the SM about how I should be treated. Then there are my relatives that have nothing good to say to me because supposetly I think I'm better than everyone because I drive an Acura. Me personally I would say "The Hell with everyone" and enjoy your car. Maybe talk to the police in your town about doing their job a little bit better.
Old 08-27-2009 | 11:08 AM
Intermediate

If your sick of the car because you don't like it that's a valid reason. Vandalism can be fixed. Now if it's really fu*ked up than yeah get rid of it. but if you can fix it do it. People get jelous and do sh*t like that. If they are jealous of you personally your next car is going to get keyed or painted again. why not keep the car that's done so well for you. Now if your going to upgrade i would get rid of it. Downgrading i don't know about that one. Just my .

Last edited by bigdell215; 08-27-2009 at 11:10 AM. Reason: needed to add more
Old 08-27-2009 | 11:11 AM
Suzuka Master

how about moving out of the place where your car keeps getting vandalized?
Old 08-27-2009 | 01:01 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Originally Posted by myron
.. you should also invest in a trunk monkey and stick a 'guns don't kill people, I kill people' sticker on your rear window.
Old 08-27-2009 | 02:37 PM
Advanced

what part of philly are you from? those are some of the reasons that i moved out of philly last year...
Old 08-27-2009 | 02:53 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dave_W
I understand your frustration, but why in the hell would you get rid of one of the best cars on the road. My car has never been keyed, but I know all about stupid JELOUS people that have nothing better to do than vandalize cars. I used to work with people like that, at this nice little place called Elite Acura in Maple Shade NJ. Yes my coworkers, would open their doors on my car and try to ding it up. When I worked there you would think it would be easy to get service as an employee. WRONG, I regularly got into arguments with the SM about how I should be treated. Then there are my relatives that have nothing good to say to me because supposetly I think I'm better than everyone because I drive an Acura. Me personally I would say "The Hell with everyone" and enjoy your car. Maybe talk to the police in your town about doing their job a little bit better.
One word for you TRUE.. It's just frustrating man I'm a good guy and have not done wrong to anyone. I smile and say my hi and byes and keep to myself but It just seems like I just have the worst luck with my car. Recently someone keyed my windsheild and put a big F on it trying to spell out fuck you.

Originally Posted by myron
I'm currently working on moving out of this neigborhood but I love it in South Philly it's so close to everything just the parking situation and the haters make me want to leave this part of the city so bad.

Originally Posted by Majofo
.. you should also invest in a trunk monkey and stick a 'guns don't kill people, I kill people' sticker on your rear window.
Yes I can do that but I don't want to start any drama and plus I actually carry so I don't want people to know my business like that. It's not good to flaunt that I carry a gun.

Originally Posted by Acura Cake
what part of philly are you from? those are some of the reasons that i moved out of philly last year...
South Philly baby haha

I stepped into my car as soon as I was done posting this thread and YYES! I'm in love with my baby all over again. I really don't want to get rid of her it's all just frustrating.

Last edited by PhillyxMartin; 08-27-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-27-2009 | 03:24 PM
Advanced

lolz im from south philly trust me i know how you feel, used to see cars on milk crates every morning
Old 08-27-2009 | 05:31 PM
Burning Brakes

SO what are you going to trade it in for? There are a couple solutions i see to you situation: move, get rid of it and use public transportation or mooch rides, or get a beater that you don't really give a rats ass about. How do you know your next car won't be romped on? The haters are hating on you and your nice ride. If you go to another nice ride, guess what? More hatesauce... Or are you just gonna get a car that blends in with the neighborhood?
Old 08-27-2009 | 06:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

I would move at least somewhere a bit nicer with a gated community (apartment whatever). That is usually a better bet. When I lived in my gated community when I went to school in Waco I had no issues...However when I went to my University up in IL my car got vandalized (non gated)...But I assume it was because I had Texas plates since everyone else with IL plates didnt get spraypainted etc....This was all on my old car also.
Old 08-27-2009 | 11:12 PM
Drifting

Yes, I wouldn't take it out on the car either. It's not the car's fault that it's getting vandalized because most of us with TLs or even nicer cars don't deal with vandalism on a regular basis. It has a lot to do with where the car is parked and how in my opinion.

I had a VW Scirocco in my college days and that car was plagued: theft, keying etc. I got keyed when I parked like a dope at college because there were no more spots left in the parking lots (San Diego State)- had to park somewhere to get to class. Once I stopped doing that, my car stopped getting keyed.

Perhaps that is just coincidence for my situation and I'm not insinuating the Op parks like a dope- just something to consider. I think some people seeing a car double-parked taking two spots will vent on the car no matter how far out in the parking lot it is and how many spots are still available. That's just asking for trouble no matter what kind of car it is.
Old 08-27-2009 | 11:59 PM
Safety Car

Holy cow thank god I live nowhere near Philly. Thats insane man! I would recommend either keeping the TL or selling it and driving a beater until you move the heck out of that place. No point in getting something better/different only to see it get all messed up to.

James
Old 08-28-2009 | 12:14 AM
Make Nice, Not Rice

I'm interested in seeing the pictures of the vandalism. That's just down right WRONG. People who have the nerve and will to damage someone else car anonymously needs to grow some balls and face problems up front. I hate f**king pussies like that, it's probably my #1 pet peeve.
Old 08-28-2009 | 12:31 AM
Racer

You dont have comprehensive insurance? I would say fix it if you do. If not, you lose either way. Tough situation. Don't know what I would do if I were you.
Old 08-28-2009 | 02:27 AM
Instructor

I decided to keep the car and just deal with the haters. One Sunday morning I woke up to my car spray painted. It said FUCK YOU PIMP. No bullshit. I can't really do anything about it but move out of the area I'm at right now.
Old 08-28-2009 | 02:44 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

I've seen this before, and experienced this first hand especially when you're not in a good neighborhood. Install the LOUDEST alarm possible. Call the local police and file reports (if they don't do anything hire a lawyer or talk to your local representative and/or the district attorney. Is there a reason why you still live at the same place when they have vandalism and things like that? I would assume there is a high crime rate also. If all else fails, wait that's impossible, unless you have an obligation to someone or somebody that is making you not able to do any of these.

Also, get the PUBLIC involved. Find other cars that are being vandalize. Bring it to the news. Whatever you can do. I used to live in the bad part of South and Southwest Houston (not including other places) and they have gangs all the time trying to steal wheels, break cars for fun, and other nonsense things. But the main thing is to be safe. If somehow, SOMEHOW, sell the car and move somewhere else!

Last edited by TheChamp531; 08-28-2009 at 02:46 AM.
Old 08-28-2009 | 09:08 AM

I decided to keep the car and just deal with the haters. One Sunday morning I woke up to my car spray painted. It said FUCK YOU PIMP. No bullshit. I can't really do anything about it but move out of the area I'm at right now.

Old 08-28-2009 | 09:20 AM
6-SPEED LOVER

i would wait for them diks dat r doin that shit... and messed them up big time
Old 08-28-2009 | 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by ABP_04TL
i would wait for them diks dat r doin that shit... and messed them up big time
He lives in Philly, by mess them up big time I'm assuming you mean pump them full of lead.. of course then he'd permanently be relocated to the pen.. lol.. maybe he can scare them away by popping a few and the guys will try to disguise themselves by using the spray paint to cover their faces..

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,542740,00.html
Old 08-28-2009 | 11:48 AM
Safety Car

What diff would it make getting a diff car? Vandals are vandals.
Old 08-28-2009 | 11:55 AM
Burning Brakes

Is your car heavily modded, if so that tells people you care about your car and that makes vandals want to damage it, that's what they're like if they see you like something and put a lot of effort into making it nice they'll damage it but if your car was completely stock then they might leave it alone. My advise: Sell the TL and buy some old piece of crap for about a thousand dollars that's already all scratched up, and keep it stock, I bet no one will vandalize it. Then when you move to a nicer town get a nice car again.
Old 08-29-2009 | 07:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Get a corolla...no one will touch it
Old 08-30-2009 | 11:34 PM
Drifting

How about covering the car with a car cover? I doubt that you'll find many $1000 clunkers around with the cash-for-clunkers program effect- not decent ones anyway.

If it is really that bad in that area, I would get out of dodge and move to a better area. Life is way too short for crap like that. If these people have all this time to vandalize cars, I can only imagine how much time they have to break into your place and steal stuff- it's really not much different in scope or attitude. These people don't respect your property.
Old 08-31-2009 | 01:13 AM
ppsssshhhhhhhhh

lexus or infinity maybe?
Old 08-31-2009 | 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by 808origin-al
kia or suzuki maybe?

fixed
Old 08-31-2009 | 11:57 PM
TL=True Love

Originally Posted by ballerjai
I'm interested in seeing the pictures of the vandalism. That's just down right WRONG. People who have the nerve and will to damage someone else car anonymously needs to grow some balls and face problems up front. I hate f**king pussies like that, it's probably my #1 pet peeve.
Amen Brotha!
Old 09-01-2009 | 09:56 AM
Registered Nutsack

Buy one of those police top-mounted signal lights and stick it on top of the car and get one of those PBA badges and stick it on your windshield. That or maybe you could buy a fake security camera(one that has a little red light that turns on) and stick it in a spot in the car that is plainly visible to people passing buy. That would probably deter a few vandals