3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idiots trying to start a drag race with you

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 03:54 PM
3.7L Nitrous Breathing CL

Received 160 Likes on 140 Posts
I can never find any idiots that look to race me on the street.
Loud exhaust,stripped interior,clearly a race looking sunroof delete and a number on my windshield and and passenger window must tell most I'm not driving your everyday car.
Probably better off that way.

I'll just stick to racing the local idiots at the track.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:10 PM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by richardparker
I can never find any idiots that look to race me on the street.
Loud exhaust,stripped interior,clearly a race looking sunroof delete and a number on my windshield and and passenger window must tell most I'm not driving your everyday car.
Probably better off that way.

I'll just stick to racing the local idiots at the track.
The way it should be. Stupid to street race.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts
I've had this weird ass Celica decked out what I can only describe as a "peacock" try to test me on I465 in the stretch from Keystone headed east towards the Castleton exit. I played with the throttle a little bit, but didn't give into the temptation.

I've also had a riced out Civic pull up next to me at the light at State Road 37 and 131st St. I was maybe three or four cars back from the light and he pulls up to my passenger side, and stops right next to me...no cars in front of him and proceeds to continuously rev his engine.....it just watched him from behind the tint and chuckled. I guess because I have a Stage 3 exhaust mod and LED plate lights he thought it was go time.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:10 PM
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
Encountered a modded previous-gen Subaru Legacy GT and a bone-stock Scion tC this afternoon. It looked like they were messing each other for about a mile or so until they came to the light I was at. Seemed like they were both interested in my TL-S, which was minding its own business.

I haven't even had the TL-S for a full week!
Old 04-25-2013, 05:48 AM
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyDiamonds
I've had this weird ass Celica decked out what I can only describe as a "peacock" try to test me on I465 in the stretch from Keystone headed east towards the Castleton exit. I played with the throttle a little bit, but didn't give into the temptation.

I've also had a riced out Civic pull up next to me at the light at State Road 37 and 131st St. I was maybe three or four cars back from the light and he pulls up to my passenger side, and stops right next to me...no cars in front of him and proceeds to continuously rev his engine.....it just watched him from behind the tint and chuckled. I guess because I have a Stage 3 exhaust mod and LED plate lights he thought it was go time.
I would have told the guy to pull over so I could interact with someone who's car looks like that. Probably should be in a mental hospital.
The following users liked this post:
es466 (04-25-2013)
Old 04-25-2013, 06:54 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,307 Posts
Originally Posted by Mugen.Justice
Encountered a modded previous-gen Subaru Legacy GT and a bone-stock Scion tC this afternoon. It looked like they were messing each other for about a mile or so until they came to the light I was at. Seemed like they were both interested in my TL-S, which was minding its own business.

I haven't even had the TL-S for a full week!

I feel you man well imagine I have a red TL so to them it scream out "lets race". people just want to show off their slow ass civic and TC.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:50 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by NvrDwn
I would have told the guy to pull over so I could interact with someone who's car looks like that. Probably should be in a mental hospital.
LOL... my thought exactly!
Old 04-25-2013, 08:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 850 Likes on 673 Posts
Old 04-25-2013, 08:48 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars
Exotics have made huge leaps in performance. They were a joke in the 80s and a lot of the 90s but they've come a long way. My father lined up with a Lambo around 1995 with only a chip, otherwise bone stock and it was a solid 5 car length victory. Now they're to be taken seriously.
Eh, you seem to forget the McLaren F1, destroyed everything with ease in the 90s and can still hang with the best of them today.

I never seem to get challenged but then again I'm a lead foot and tend to take off quick much of the time so others might think I'm the instigator; never go past 15 over the limit. I'm not looking to race, honest.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:06 PM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
On the way home from dinner last night, I was behind a guy in a 7G Accord with fake HID headlights. For some reason, he decided to apply his brakes even though I wasn't riding his ass and there were no other cars in front of him. So, I went around him, made my turn, and I see him on my tail. Guess he didn't like being overtaken. So we end up at a red light together and I just let him go when it had turned green.

Not really a race but I think it was more of an admiration. On my way to meet some friends for dinner tonight, a couple of kids in an 8G Civic were checking out my car after we both had made a turn at the same time from the opposite direction. He'd speed up, then slow down, gave each other the "what's up" nod when we were side by side, and he had even kept a couple of car lengths to stay close to me when we came to a stop at a red light. He was lowered, I was lowered. He has an aftermarket exhaust and I have an aftermarket exhaust, but mine sounded better lol.

Last edited by mn2trance; 04-26-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:10 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Can't believe that this thread is still going... I have a long history of Honda Accord ownership but I'm strictly an Acura newbie!

Anyhow, had another situation this afternoon when I was working from home and went out to get lunch... during this outing, I found myself once again sitting in the right lane, first in line at a red light.

Sure enough, there's some dude in a tricked out orange 94-95 tinted window Accord just to my left who proceeds to creep up a few feet, then back again, then up again.... several times.

Whatever.... BTW, when I owned my 03 Accord V6, I once had someone in a Lexus LS460 try this exact same maneuver when sitting right to my left at a red light, so I guess it's not so much the set of wheels as the driver?

Who knows.... I just want to enjoy my ride and not deal with this kind of B.S....
Old 04-26-2013, 11:20 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by AZP-TL
Eh, you seem to forget the McLaren F1, destroyed everything with ease in the 90s and can still hang with the best of them today.

I never seem to get challenged but then again I'm a lead foot and tend to take off quick much of the time so others might think I'm the instigator; never go past 15 over the limit. I'm not looking to race, honest.
I didn't forget anything. I remember when the first prototype was displayed, the one with Gordon Murray leaning on it with a very 70s haircut. I said MOST of the 90s. I saw it run even with the Veyron in the 1/4 but get beat in the 1/2 on YouTube. It's part of the reason I made sure my car should trap in the mid 130s not that I would ever run into one on the street.

The McLaren is special. I don't think of it the same as a Lambo or Ferrari. It stood out far superior to anything at the time and I always have a soft spot for cars that are way ahead of their time even if their stock performance is no longer super impressive. I'm speaking of my car, the McLaren's performance is still among the best all of these years later. Not just performance numbers or looks but the purity of the car, the rawness of it. If I remember right they would touch the 130mph trap speeds. That's a 10 second car on tire easily.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Instructor

I didn't forget anything. I remember when the first prototype was displayed, the one with Gordon Murray leaning on it with a very 70s haircut. I said MOST of the 90s. I saw it run even with the Veyron in the 1/4 but get beat in the 1/2 on YouTube. It's part of the reason I made sure my car should trap in the mid 130s not that I would ever run into one on the street.

The McLaren is special. I don't think of it the same as a Lambo or Ferrari. It stood out far superior to anything at the time and I always have a soft spot for cars that are way ahead of their time even if their stock performance is no longer super impressive. I'm speaking of my car, the McLaren's performance is still among the best all of these years later. Not just performance numbers or looks but the purity of the car, the rawness of it. If I remember right they would touch the 130mph trap speeds. That's a 10 second car on tire easily.
The 90s has a lot of great sports cars. If your judging a car based on only 1/4 mile times then you haven't discovered the full potential of a car. Ferrari still had the F40 Lamborghini had the Diablo putting out over 450 hp and it could go around corners. Ferrari had the 360 and it wasn't the fastest car on the straights, but it was a well balanced car which did well on road courses. Again there is more to driving than stop light to stop light.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Yes, the McLaren was special but there were others that were also very good such as the Lambo Diablo SV, Ford GT90, Jag XJ220, Ferrari F40 and F50.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:52 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by AZP-TL
Yes, the McLaren was special but there were others that were also very good such as the Lambo Diablo SV, Ford GT90, Jag XJ220, Ferrari F40 and F50.

All amazing cars.