Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idiots trying to start a drag race with you

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 12:49 PM
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by bbergero1181
i was just cruising home one night around 35 MPH at around midnight and some jackass comes flying up behind me and riding my ass (on a one lane in each direction road) then decides to pass me in a non pass zone (that is one of my pet peeves along with passing on the right when there is a clear left lane) so i floored it and took him up to around 70-80 then backed off cause we were coming up on a notorious cop hide out spot (was hoping there was gonna be a cop and he was gonna get busted) but there was no cop and so he proceeded to try to brake check me the next 2 miles then did a hand brake turn and stopped infront of me, FACING ME IN MY LANE. he pulled up next to me (his girl looked like she was flipping out) and i just took off to the police station to report his license plate number. when i told the cop what happened his jaw dropped about the hand brake turn part....

another time i was stopped at a red light and this guy in a Chevy SS truck thought i was trying to race him but i was just trying to get to the far left lane (he was in the middle) so it ended up in a make shift race so i had to beat him to get to the far left turn off lane i needed, was still fun beating his modded SS (somewhere around 35-380 hp i think in those trucks)
What if that person had his wife in the passenger seat and she was in labor, or had been stabbed and she is close to dying, or his friend, brother, child, mother, father, etc etc etc. Rule of thumb is if someone comes flying up flashing there lights gtf out of there way. Maybe they are being an ass or maybe there is an emergency and they didn't have time to wait for an ambulance. Who knows, since you don't just let them go. Imagine if the guy had a legit emergency and you pulled that move which caused him to wreck just because you had some pet peeve. You'd live with that for the rest of your life.

^^ I know this happens.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:56 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by ultimatum127
hehe happens to me all the time but i got a loud exhaust and some stickers on my car so i guess its expected. A 328 though? haha youll eat those alive all day, but the races i have gotten in are with fun loving people who are just looking for another car enthusiast, but as far as im concerned that has only happend with other guys that have modded cars. Usually if somebody is stock and they are trying ti pick something with me they are just a douche trying to show me up not appreciate what ive made.
Not so fast bud. Know your enemy.

The new 328i's are no slouch. 0-60 in under 6 seconds.

Power (SAE): 240 hp @ 5,000 rpm; 260 ft lb of torque @ 1,250 rpm
Old 04-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 362 Likes on 241 Posts
he was driving with his headlights off.

He watched too much Initial D to copy Takumi's "Blind Attack"
Old 04-16-2013, 01:23 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by NvrDwn
Not so fast bud. Know your enemy.

The new 328i's are no slouch. 0-60 in under 6 seconds.

Power (SAE): 240 hp @ 5,000 rpm; 260 ft lb of torque @ 1,250 rpm
Wow, with that torque at that RPM I'm guessing it's turbocharged???
Old 04-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by I hate cars
Wow, with that torque at that RPM I'm guessing it's turbocharged???
Yeah it's a 4cyl too LOL
Old 04-16-2013, 02:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
New 328i runs low 14's @ 98 stock, 13 flat @ 109 with Juice Box. Even the last ones with the N/A I6 was a mid 14 second car; no slower than your average TL.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Team Owner

Gotta love the new generation of turbo and direct injection cars. Welcome to the new era. I'm literally thinking about putting in my 4.5L aluminum block engine that should be around 1,000hp at normal boost levels. I've already taken the car down to 2,900lbs. It sounds like a lot but at the rate new cars are advancing it's probably needed to stay ahead of the game for the next 5 years.

It's awesome you can add 11mph to the trap speeds with basically a tune. I can remember back in the mid '90s when I was running 12.90@110mph (bad launch but whatever) and bottom 11s by '98 my car was king of the streets when it ran high 12s. People were amazed at a 12 second 6 cylinder and a 12 second daily driver period. Now you have 99% stock 4 cylinders doing it. I always said one day everyone else would catch on and turbos would be the way of the future. It looks like you have two different types. Substitute a smaller engine and throw a turbo on it to get the same power but better mpg than the larger engine it replaced. Then there's the throw a turbo on an already potent engine with lots of boost and make lots of power.

The really big advantage is the powerband. With few exceptions, max torque will be when the turbos are able to hit full boost. With the new turbo technology that seems to be well below 2,000rpm. Now you have 4 cylinders making more torque and at a lower rpm than the big blocks did many years ago. You have waaaay more power under the curve now. You have cars that make crazy torquue right off of idle but pull hard to redline with perfect drivability, emissions, and mpg. It's a win-win for everyone. It's kind of sad for me because I loved having the upper hand on everyone else back when turbocharging was considered a bandaid and no one liked it.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts
Back in 2004 there was a primered Honda CRX around my town, it was ratty looking & driven by a young kid. But turbo charged & had motor work done, even the rear seats were taken out to lighten the load. One day on a local back road straight away while I was driving the GN he came flying up behind me and inches off my bumper. I mashed the pedal & my car was missing badly, I looked in my rear view & he was still on my ass. It turned out a coil pack was going bad. My GN at that time didn't have any work done to it yet. I never saw that CRX around town after that & I heard he totaled it.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by TVL65
Back in 2004 there was a primered Honda CRX around my town, it was ratty looking & driven by a young kid. But turbo charged & had motor work done, even the rear seats were taken out to lighten the load. One day on a local back road straight away while I was driving the GN he came flying up behind me and inches off my bumper. I mashed the pedal & my car was missing badly, I looked in my rear view & he was still on my ass. It turned out a coil pack was going bad. My GN at that time didn't have any work done to it yet. I never saw that CRX around town after that & I heard he totaled it.
I was at the strip a bunch of years ago trying to get some tuning done. I made a couple passes and boost was pretty much unlimited so I made a change to the wastegate and was going to go home after that if it didn't work. I lined up against a CRX and figured no biggie, I'll still beat him at 1/4 throttle. Long story short he was right with me out of the hole and pulling away at half track. I had to make the decision to put my foot down and blow the headgaskets or to get beat by a Honda. I put my foot down over half way, the boost gauge was pegged hard past 30psi. It sounded like pop corn popping under the hood. I passed him hard with nearly 20mph on him and beat him by a couple tenths of a second. I think he ran a high 12 or something like that. It figures on the last run of the day I run into one of the only 12 second Hondas there. I did drive the car home under it's own power but I had to change the oil immediately and tear it down for headgaskets.

That sucks about the GN losing a coilpack. On those cars you lose 2 cylinders for every coil that goes out. I'm guessing it didn't run too well as a 4 banger. Spool is even worse.

Last edited by I hate cars; 04-16-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:53 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
I used to run whoever wants to race me....but recently, I have been keeping a very limited audience....limited v6's and v8's only LOL...
Old 04-16-2013, 04:02 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by swoosh
I used to run whoever wants to race me....but recently, I have been keeping a very limited audience....limited v6's and v8's only LOL...
Lol I work with a guy who has a b18c in his del sol and he thought he could take me, lol that didn't happen. Since then he try's a go at me whenever he can and it's only getting worse for him as I put in P&P runners Saturday and I am putting on my custom exhaust this Thursday. Btw I drive a V6 6spd accord, SEDAN
Old 04-16-2013, 04:24 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
^^^ well the reason I do that is, some cars here are totally sleepers....I know there are multiple civics/integras with are boosted and i just dont wanna loose LOL...

i was about to run this guy and he revved too much and I heard the BOV, dude took off like a fuqqing bullet...and I was like, glad i didnt run him coz next day on ricernation there might be an article....
The following users liked this post:
Undying Dreams (04-18-2013)
Old 04-16-2013, 05:48 PM
Pro

Lol funny story.

On my lunch break (15 mins ago) a TL pulled next to me and wanted to go. I took the bait though. It was an auto and lol didn't go so well for him.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by I hate cars
Gotta love the new generation of turbo and direct injection cars. Welcome to the new era. I'm literally thinking about putting in my 4.5L aluminum block engine that should be around 1,000hp at normal boost levels. I've already taken the car down to 2,900lbs. It sounds like a lot but at the rate new cars are advancing it's probably needed to stay ahead of the game for the next 5 years.

It's awesome you can add 11mph to the trap speeds with basically a tune. I can remember back in the mid '90s when I was running 12.90@110mph (bad launch but whatever) and bottom 11s by '98 my car was king of the streets when it ran high 12s. People were amazed at a 12 second 6 cylinder and a 12 second daily driver period. Now you have 99% stock 4 cylinders doing it. I always said one day everyone else would catch on and turbos would be the way of the future. It looks like you have two different types. Substitute a smaller engine and throw a turbo on it to get the same power but better mpg than the larger engine it replaced. Then there's the throw a turbo on an already potent engine with lots of boost and make lots of power.

The really big advantage is the powerband. With few exceptions, max torque will be when the turbos are able to hit full boost. With the new turbo technology that seems to be well below 2,000rpm. Now you have 4 cylinders making more torque and at a lower rpm than the big blocks did many years ago. You have waaaay more power under the curve now. You have cars that make crazy torquue right off of idle but pull hard to redline with perfect drivability, emissions, and mpg. It's a win-win for everyone. It's kind of sad for me because I loved having the upper hand on everyone else back when turbocharging was considered a bandaid and no one liked it.
If you were running under 13.00 in the 90's you were a God. It's crazy what you need to stay competitive today. I was just looking through an old issue of Motor Trend from 1990 and they have the two pages of stats of all the cars. Back then, the ZR-1 and NSX were getting their due praise, as well as the 300ZX, albeit it on a lower level. The Viper, MK3 Supra and 3G RX7 were still a couple years away, GM was still dicking with the shitty L98 and then the LT1 wasn't much better. Times were lean, but were just starting to turn around for the better.

There was only one car faster than my TL in that issue, and that was the NSX. The 300 ZX Turbo was about on par with my TL. The Vette, Mustang, Z28/IROC, GTA, Dodge Stealth, Porsche Carrera, even the Testarossa were all slower. The ZR-1 wasn't in there. The '89 Turbo T/A was listed at 14.2 @ 95, so I'm guessing that was a weak one, since I know most were faster than that. Back then, anything in the 14's was considered sports car status; by the mid 2000's that was par for sporty sedans, 13's for true sport sedans.

Makes me wonder where we'll be 10-20 years from now.
The following 2 users liked this post by anx1300c:
3gstealth (04-23-2013), justnspace (04-16-2013)
Old 04-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by NvrDwn
What if that person had his wife in the passenger seat and she was in labor, or had been stabbed and she is close to dying, or his friend, brother, child, mother, father, etc etc etc. Rule of thumb is if someone comes flying up flashing there lights gtf out of there way. Maybe they are being an ass or maybe there is an emergency and they didn't have time to wait for an ambulance. Who knows, since you don't just let them go. Imagine if the guy had a legit emergency and you pulled that move which caused him to wreck just because you had some pet peeve. You'd live with that for the rest of your life.

^^ I know this happens.
where did i say he was flashing his lights? i said he turned them off, which after he did a 180 and HE stopped in the road infront of me blocking my path. i have moved over for people flashing their lights because yes i do infact know there are situations where perhaps there is an emergency, this was not one, considering he had time to brake check me, do a 180 stop, block my path, then threaten me...

pretty sure she was freaking out cause of how he was acting.

Last edited by bbergero1181; 04-16-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:13 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 08TList
In the area i live, there are lots of arrogant people who drive in the middle of the road, cut you off and ignore stop sign and signals. They think the road is theirs and probably don't really care honestly, after a while it can get under your skin a bit. I try to avoid aggressive driving situations as much as possible, but occasionally will want to show an individual that they cannot drive however they please even though thats the cops job. my apologies, but felt like sayin that.

^^^^^this
Old 04-16-2013, 10:04 PM
Pro

Received 99 Likes on 83 Posts
[quote=Turbonut;14428153]You speak of a V-6 Turbo, how about the GT-R modified by AMS, HP available all the way up to 1600HP and all applications can be used as a DD.
Here's some specs:
1/4 mile 8.97 @ 169.5mph
standing mile 232mph 22.779 sec
60-120 mph 3.31 sec

Yeah GT-R, big $ for that application. How's those tranny holden
up In the gt-r, I don't know what the after-market parts are for
the gt-r? I bet big money. And by the way Godzilla not the most attractive car. JMO
Old 04-17-2013, 05:11 AM
Pro

where did i say he was flashing his lights? i said he turned them off, which after he did a 180 and HE stopped in the road infront of me blocking my path. i have moved over for people flashing their lights because yes i do infact know there are situations where perhaps there is an emergency, this was not one, considering he had time to brake check me, do a 180 stop, block my path, then threaten me...

pretty sure she was freaking out cause of how he was acting.
I never said that guy did. I was using it as an example. Nonetheless my point being if any Flys up behind you and the pass you legally or illegally let them go. Especially if it's dark and you can't see inside the cat very well. Even during the day someone could be laying down that you can't see.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:23 AM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
just had a dumbass in a stock 2g tl try and race me last night, he kept lining up with me then speeding off and cutting me off as I ignored his ass. 4th time he did it, I tore his ass up then his friend has the nerve to flick me off and throw shit out his window as his dumbass speeds past me and cuts me off again, stupid kids and their moms cars. he got stuck in slower traffic and I caught up to his ass, but right when I did, the highway split to 3 lanes and he took off. He was probably scared I was going to chase him down and beatdown their asses. Was going to call the cops on him too but didn't have enough time and I wasn't going to chase him off my route home at 100mph just to do so.
es466 (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013, 07:13 AM
07ASM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
I had a guy in a V6 Mustang (the 99-04 models not the current ones where the V6 is actually pushing over 300) trying to race on Saturday. The weather was nice so I had my window down and I saw him in my sideview flying up the highway and when he got to me he slowed down and started beeping his horn. Now keep in mind I used to have the same exact car so I know all about it. On the 3rd Honk he takes off and i continue to drive as I was.

Shortly after he slows down when he realizes I wasent racing him. Again he gets parallel to me and yells out come on punk let me see what that thing has in it! He starts beeping his horn again...At this time my radar detector starts to go off. So now I start to play along like I am going to race him. On the 3rd beep I slightly step on it and then let off as he goes flying probably well over 100mph and I lose sight of him. Not even 30 seconds later I see a MD State Trooper behind him with lights on as they are merging off the highway. I just drove by laughing.
es466 (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013, 07:47 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I get this crap all the time, problem is I don't let it go and usually end up speeding up as well...
Old 04-17-2013, 08:29 AM
Team Owner

I had an EVO harrass me for nearly a minute to race. I was going about 55mph or so. This was back when my other car was actually running and I've told some of these guys if they want to race something I have an old turbo car at home and believe it or not they've waited for me to go get it.

This guy harrassed me for so long instead of getting mad I decided to floor it for a second and back off. So I floored it and so did he. I got a tiny jump on him since I floored it first. He wasn't gaining any ground so I stayed in it. I wound 3rd out to the limiter and hit the brakes. I pulled maybe 2 feet on the guy. Yes, it was an EVO, not a Lancer. I was laughing so hard I think it made the guy mad but I was surprised the TL beat it even from a roll and they guy looked so serious plus what I have sitting at home if he would have beat me I would have told him to wait right here lol.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:10 AM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Will Y.
How come no one ever tries to line up against my TL??! I end up having to go to canyon roads or autocrosses for my thrills.
If they catch you street racing in Cali, don't they just crush you car no questions asked?
Old 04-17-2013, 09:22 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by madrussian190
If they catch you street racing in Cali, don't they just crush you car no questions asked?
They can. The only time I got in trouble was when I wasn't racing ironically. My friend used to have a turbo Porsche and he asked me to hang behind him while he floored it to see if there was black smoke because he thought it was running rich. We got pulled over for street racing and the cop just laughed at the excuse which was actually true. I told him I could show him that my car would not be behind that Porsche if we were really racing. Somehow we got off but I was prepared to do whatever it took to not lose my car.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:06 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by PrimeTiime
I had a guy in a V6 Mustang (the 99-04 models not the current ones where the V6 is actually pushing over 300) trying to race on Saturday. The weather was nice so I had my window down and I saw him in my sideview flying up the highway and when he got to me he slowed down and started beeping his horn. Now keep in mind I used to have the same exact car so I know all about it. On the 3rd Honk he takes off and i continue to drive as I was.

Shortly after he slows down when he realizes I wasent racing him. Again he gets parallel to me and yells out come on punk let me see what that thing has in it! He starts beeping his horn again...At this time my radar detector starts to go off. So now I start to play along like I am going to race him. On the 3rd beep I slightly step on it and then let off as he goes flying probably well over 100mph and I lose sight of him. Not even 30 seconds later I see a MD State Trooper behind him with lights on as they are merging off the highway. I just drove by laughing.
Awesome story!!! Kudos for your restraint and showing up another idiot!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by walleyeman
just had a dumbass in a stock 2g tl try and race me last night, he kept lining up with me then speeding off and cutting me off as I ignored his ass. 4th time he did it, I tore his ass up then his friend has the nerve to flick me off and throw shit out his window as his dumbass speeds past me and cuts me off again, stupid kids and their moms cars. he got stuck in slower traffic and I caught up to his ass, but right when I did, the highway split to 3 lanes and he took off. He was probably scared I was going to chase him down and beatdown their asses. Was going to call the cops on him too but didn't have enough time and I wasn't going to chase him off my route home at 100mph just to do so.
Man, nothing like this has happened to me (at least not yet) and I hope it never will. Stupid little punks....
Old 04-17-2013, 09:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,307 Posts
talking about car (Stock) and straight line performance.

1. early 90- late 90s 12.6-13.5 was exlusive only to NSX, Vette, Viper, supra. Car with 300HP or more is consider fast (equivalent with today 400+ hp). cheap (affordable) car can goes fast was ITR 14.1 so 14s is the car consider fast in the 90s like Prelude, civic SI, Intergra GSR. other production car avg 15.1-15.9s in 1/4 mile. Standard HP was 150-170hp

2. moving into 2000 car with 280+ hp was fast like E46 M3, G35 coupe, 350z. most domestic car kinda die out at this point (no camaro, firebird, GTO, etc..) mustang GT can't even run with 350z 30th edition. Then we have the Korean moving in with the genesis coupe that consider performance car, affordable car quick in this time was Civic Si, WRX, RSX-S, RX-8. avg time was 14.5s for production car. Acura RL was the first one braking 300hp mark Standard HP 200-280

3. Car now these day can do 14s or lower all day like Honda accord V6, BMW 328i (turbo), Mustang V6, and just name a few more... 14s today is no longer call "fast" since everyone is going direct injected with boost or bump the HP up. Performance car can easily doing 12.6 like Lexus IS-F, Mustang GT 5.0, BMW M3, BMW 1M, Corvette (base). other car consider fast within reasonable price set by Corvette ZR-1, Nissan GT-R, Selby GT500, Camaro ZL-1, Cadillac CTS-V coup these car can easily braking 12s time without any mods. Standard HP 300-400 hp.

Bottom lines, yes the TL was moderate fast in its time but now that is no longer the case. This is why I opt for Type S model since I know that extra 28hp will help me keep up with the new car that in production today. This is one of the reason I don't mod my TL since even with the S/C set up the car can't break 13s mark. I would spend money else where down the road with an ISF or some thing in that category.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by truonghthe

1. early 90- late 90s 12.6-13.5 was exlusive only to NSX, Vette, Viper, supra. Car with 300HP or more is consider fast (equivalent with today 400+ hp). cheap (affordable) car can goes fast was ITR 14.1 so 14s is the car consider fast in the 90s like Prelude, civic SI, Intergra GSR. other production car avg 15.1-15.9s in 1/4 mile. Standard HP was 150-170hp

2. moving into 2000 car with 280+ hp was fast like E46 M3, G35 coupe, 350z. most domestic car kinda die out at this point (no camaro, firebird, GTO, etc..) mustang GT can't even run with 350z 30th edition. Then we have the Korean moving in with the genesis coupe that consider performance car, affordable car quick in this time was Civic Si, WRX, RSX-S, RX-8. avg time was 14.5s for production car. Acura RL was the first one braking 300hp mark Standard HP 200-280

3. Car now these day can do 14s or lower all day like Honda accord V6, BMW 328i (turbo), Mustang V6, and just name a few more... 14s today is no longer call "fast" since everyone is going direct injected with boost or bump the HP up. Performance car can easily doing 12.6 like Lexus IS-F, Mustang GT 5.0, BMW M3, BMW 1M, Corvette (base). other car consider fast within reasonable price set by Corvette ZR-1, Nissan GT-R, Selby GT500, Camaro ZL-1, Cadillac CTS-V coup these car can easily braking 12s time without any mods. Standard HP 300-400 hp.

Bottom lines, yes the TL was moderate fast in its time but now that is no longer the case. This is why I opt for Type S model since I know that extra 28hp will help me keep up with the new car that in production today. This is one of the reason I don't mod my TL since even with the S/C set up the car can't break 13s mark. I would spend money else where down the road with an ISF or some thing in that category.
In that case, you probably should've opted for the manual.
NvrDwn (04-18-2013)
Old 04-17-2013, 11:25 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by truonghthe

There are a few things wrong here but I'm on my phone. Keep in mind hp is irrelevant, performance is what matters. The reason I mention this is cars are getting heavier. My turbo car is a decent size car, very close to the TL's dimensions. However, it weighed only 3,300lbs stock and it was easy to get it to 3,000lbs and eventully 2,900lbs while still having a full interior. It's going to be a lot quicker than a similar 3700-4200lb modern car with the same hp.

The other is power delivery and aerodynamics. Up through the 80s, cars tended to have more low end and less top end hp plus aerodynamics weren't as good. That's why the '86GN did 0-60 in 4.9 seconds and the 1/4 in 13.8 at 102mph. A newer car with that 0-60 would run closer to 12s.

What the mags don't tell you is what it was like on the streets in the 90s. The Vettes were a joke until the LS1 came out. I was running around with a K&N filter, boost turned up, and a chip and I trashed every Vette I ran into during that time. Not a close race at all. The Vettes still killed all of the foreign stuff even when they were rated close to the same. The MKIV Supra was the first real player IMO and for some reason the Supra guys around here just couldn't get it together but I raced some fast ones from LA. Not a single Honda 4 banger was ever taken seriously. My friends stock Mustang GT had no problem with them on the street. At the track i was always getting pissed because they would always oil the track down. At that time a 13 second Honda was a ticking time bomb.

Even the original Viper was a 13 second car and I saw many of them stuck in the 14s. This brings me back to my point of how a good combination was so important on the street especially with an average driver. Mine was very easy to launch very hard and consistently keeping it at the edge of traction the whole way to 60mph back then. The cars with power lower in the rev range were usually easier to get right. What I witnessed on the street and the strip was a lot different than looking over old hp ratings would have you believe.

Exotics have made huge leaps in performance. They were a joke in the 80s and a lot of the 90s but they've come a long way. My father lined up with a Lambo around 1995 with only a chip, otherwise bone stock and it was a solid 5 car length victory. Now they're to be taken seriously.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:50 AM
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts
Don't forget the Buick Grand Nationals are Torque monsters!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:53 AM
Race Director

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,847 Posts
I love how IHC is dominating this thread.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:12 AM
Chapter Leader (Midwest Region)

Received 784 Likes on 558 Posts
Originally Posted by PrimeTiime

He wasn't going too much over 100, they shut down at 110. I had a guy race me on the highway in a v6 one time. I thought it was a GT at first so we raced from like 70 and I walked him past 100. We got off at the same exit and I asked if he let up and he said his car shut down at 110. I told him to go buy a tuner to take that nanny off.

That was one of my proudest moments, I usually get my ass beat by everyone. I sometimes hate how slow this car is
Old 04-18-2013, 01:14 PM
MechEng

Received 483 Likes on 400 Posts
It's funny. I had more people trying to fuck with me when I had my TL than I do now in my Evo.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:35 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 03tLsNBP
It's funny. I had more people trying to fuck with me when I had my TL than I do now in my Evo.
They're scared of the Evo. I've had a lot of people challenging me in the turbo car but as the years went on it was mostly people that just wanted to see it go. I had a guy in a 911 turbo ask me to floor it and I told him only if he floored it too. He said he wanted no part of it and I told him it would be a good race. At the time it really would have been a good race, he definitely had a chance of winning but it was flattering a guy in one of the baddest street cars around afraid to race. I was the opposite, always trying to find someone that might be able to beat me. That was where the fun was at.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:57 PM
Pro

Now that I have an exhaust on mine I have noticed people speeding up quicker. I think that has a lot to do with it.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:45 AM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
I have never had anyone try to race me in the TL. I get it all the time in the NSX, so much that it is annoying. Everyone and just about every vehicle I can think of has gunned it when I driving the X. Even had a huge farming style John Deer tractor try to get me to race. I usually never accept the race. Got in the mindset a long time ago to go to a road coarse to get the need for speed out my system. Don't get me wrong I love spirited drives on nice twisty roads, but unless I am good friends with them I won't race them. Its just not worth it.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:26 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Happens to me all of the time...Its pretty funny when the other car is a piece of crap
Old 04-23-2013, 07:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 850 Likes on 673 Posts
Just had an Audi 2.0T try to race me. He lost.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:57 AM
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 135 Posts
Got a 350z to play around the other day. Looked to be nicely modded with quality parts based on the TE37s it had, so assuming it wasnt some beater. Did a rolling start in 3rd on the highway and had him into 4th but then the 350z lit up on top end and pulled about a 1/2 car on me until we let off. Very close race. If I didnt have 3 people in the car and my car wasnt running so rich because of the 3.7L, TB, and intake runner mods I think I would have kept my pace. Oh well, I hardly ever do that, but was kind of fun.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by AccordFlex
Got a 350z to play around the other day. Looked to be nicely modded with quality parts based on the TE37s it had, so assuming it wasnt some beater. Did a rolling start in 3rd on the highway and had him into 4th but then the 350z lit up on top end and pulled about a 1/2 car on me until we let off. Very close race. If I didnt have 3 people in the car and my car wasnt running so rich because of the 3.7L, TB, and intake runner mods I think I would have kept my pace. Oh well, I hardly ever do that, but was kind of fun.
If you are running real rich, and had 3 people, you would have put lengths on him.

Quick Reply: Idiots trying to start a drag race with you