Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idiot drivers....

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 03:29 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb Idiot drivers....

This may or may not be the place to start this thread, but I'm giving it a shot...

I don't know where everyone lives (obviously), but I'm sure that we have all encountered "road rage" from idiot drivers before, right? Over the months I've talked myself out of being miserable every day that I have to drive to and from work...the traffic is incredible and mixed with every type of driver that there is. I'm stuck driving the same route daily- a two lane state highway (not expressway). So it's either driving my route in bumper to bumper traffic for 7-miles or driving the beltway in bumper to bumper traffic and being held up because of accidents and total congestion. And I sure as heck am not taking the public transit; that's not for me at this time.

Road rage is a huge problem in our area; our beltway even has electronic billboards that tell you to "be aware of agressive drivers"...

Last year (locally) this guy tailgated another guy and the guy who was being tailgated got off route and came up from behind the other guy who had been tailgating him. Then at a stop light, got out of his car and stabbed the other dude multiple times in the head and for what? It's just crazy, as I'm sure other areas are too. Thankfully, most of the road rage I end up having is because of an elderly driving 25mph in a 45mph zone during rush hours. I want to flip my lid, I get so pissed, but I don't because I have respect.

Anyway - before I ramble on (as I do so well)...any thoughts or experiences?
Old 03-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suggest drive softly and carry a big gun!
Old 03-08-2006, 11:44 PM
Riu
2004 TL

The most i ever do is curse someone out but with my windows closed. Id rather just yell in my car and not even have them notice.

Today a girl who was prob 17 in her 2000 altima full with kids just went trhough a stop sign when it was my turn to go. If I was not paying attention should would have hit me. I turned behind her because that was the way I had to go and she just taps her brakes at stop signs just enough to make the lights go on but not to slow down. She turns on to a more "major" road that has two lanes and i just floored it by her. I wanted to be as far as possible from that bad of a driver.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:18 AM
Undercover Slacker

the world is crazy now. nothing major has happened to me, the most is someone flips me off, i flip someone else off. i heard this story awhile back on the radio about how this lady was carrying a gun in her glove, and when some guy flipped her off for cutting him off, she took 2 shots... the last one took off his finger.

my friend and his family were in their TL when a truck purposefully tapped their bumper when they were in the fast lane and sent their TL flying into the divider on the highway; the truck took off afterwards.

my co-worker had a gun (dont know if it was a real or fake but he said it looked real) pulled on him when stopped at an intersection.

im a more patient driver, its my girl who i am worried about. she drives too agressively sometimes.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:10 AM
I make Boom Boom in

Maybe to combat road rage, the Gov't needs to institute a mandatory driver's education/driver's license test every few years. Some people don't know how to drive or follow traffic laws and need to be reminded.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:35 AM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see it everytime I'm on the road.. BTW, you should be happy you only have 7 miles to go. My last 3 jobs before starting my bus. were 96, 87, and 66 miles away from my home each way.

.....And that was with the best drivers in the world, Massholes (rt's 128, 95, 495 and 90)!
Old 03-09-2006, 05:54 AM
Instructor

just yesterday i was driving through an intersection (i clearly had the green light) and a woman blatantly blew a red light... i could have sworn i was going to hit her, but the good ol tl stopped in time. i literally must have avoided hitting her by inches, no exaggeration. she looked all shaken up and clueless as to what was happening. i don't even think she looked up at the light, just was driving in a daydream. that's what her expression looked like anyway.

as much as i wanted to flip out, i didn't. i was just happy no one was hurt and i didn't wreck my car. what a headache it could have potentially been. at that point what would yelling have done. i was glad to be ok with not a scratch on the car. maybe if it were a guy i would have yelled a bit, but who knows... glad it turned out the way it did.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:18 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by txathlete
Maybe to combat road rage, the Gov't needs to institute a mandatory driver's education/driver's license test every few years. Some people don't know how to drive or follow traffic laws and need to be reminded.
As long as the classes/tests are offered on weekends for hourly workers.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:09 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you think some of your stories are bad, go to New Orleans for a weekend. It used to be BAD, now it's even worse. There's bumper to bumper traffic everywhere, with STOP signs instead of lights (the are still working on getting them up and running, that's how much NOLA sucks), and uber aggressive drivers.
I'm in Baton Rouge right now because my school got temporarily transfered here but my parents are still in nola and I hate it everytime I have to go there. Trust me if you can go there and make it out of town accident free you are a good driver.
What I do, I just curse them in the comfort of my car (so I don't get shot or stabbed) and if needed I honk my horn, and I automatically feel better. Don't even think about it after that!
But I have to agree with ya'll some people drive like they don't give a sh!t about anybody else or themselves....classes would be a good idea, or make it harder for people to get their licenses....it's way too easy
Old 03-09-2006, 08:53 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ironically (or is it?), yesterday I had a bit...

On my way home, like I mentioned it is bumper to bumper traffic and just a streaming line of cars going out of the city every which way. The people who drive the way I do (the state route) every day, know the traffic pattern. There is this one intersection that is continuously backed up (two lanes one way) from people making left hand turns - so, everyone in the left lane is trying to jump into the right lane to continue on...you HAVE TO drive bumper to bumper or else every asshole will jump out in front of you, even if you give about two feet or so between cars...they'll try to squeeze in (instead of being patient and just driving the right lane to begin with). Anyway - so this guy in front of me in some large domestic SUV keeps letting people over because he's an idiot; after about 5 lights of waiting....I got on him and was telling him to "Go f***er, what are you, an asshole???" - although it was probably worse potty mouth (haha) than that.....then to really piss me off by the time we got to the light - he made a right turn.
IMHO - I think that if you aren't going home (or to) work during rush hour traffic times - you need to stay the heck off the road. People have places to go. But, then you always have to have the driver who is doodling around and out for a freaking joy ride or to go to the Country Buffet. Jeez Louise....Nothing gets my blood boiling like that!
Old 03-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
KJW73, you are correct, this is not the place to start these types of threads. I understand you own a 3rd gen and you are wanting 3rd gen opinions. But these discussions are not about the car and are off topic. Please continue these types of discussions Here . I would suggest Ramblings.