3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate cops and state troopers

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 12:39 PM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
Originally Posted by newfrito11
i see cops speeding all the time with no lights on. what gives them the right and not me?
ive seen them run red lights with their lights on then turn them off.
how do they expect me to uphold the law if i see them doing the opposite. followed a cop down the highway one time, i hit 95mph and he was still losing me.
I know in Texas, COPS are allowed to answer and go on calls with out their lights.

and following an emergency vehicle that fast is against the law, btw.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
i see cops speeding all the time with no lights on. what gives them the right and not me?
ive seen them run red lights with their lights on then turn them off.
how do they expect me to uphold the law if i see them doing the opposite. followed a cop down the highway one time, i hit 95mph and he was still losing me.
In a nutshell, here is the deal on Code-3 driving (full lights and siren all the time):

It is EXTREMELY dangerous for an officer (and the public). People do everything EXCEPT what they are supposed to do when they see the lights/hear the siren. Officers only really use code-3 driving when the need justifies the risk.

How is this determination made? The agency has rules on when the officer can and can't drive code-3. Those rules spell out certain types of situations where the department understands that the risk to human life is greater if the officer takes a while to get there than it is to have the officer run code-3. The bar is set pretty damn high for code-3 driving in most places.

There are MANY situations on the job that fall just short of this bar. Code-2 driving is the intermittent use of lights and siren, and is generally frowned upon or totally prohibited by an agency (liability based decision). It can be MORE dangerous than code-3, since there is no advanced warning to drivers. Is it necessary? You bet. Many circumstances call for code-2, but you as a private motorist may not know why the officer is doing it.

I fully admit it looks bad. Nothing can be done about that, though. It is a necessary tool, and should be used with discretion.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
I know in Texas, COPS are allowed to answer and go on calls with out their lights.

and following an emergency vehicle that fast is against the law, btw.
im not saying i dislike cops (which i kinda do) but what your saying is that texas has given police the right to speed.. how do i know they are going somewhere important? and if its that important to go 95 then you sure as hell better have your lights on.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:02 PM

im not saying i dislike cops (which i kinda do) but what your saying is that texas has given police the right to speed.. how do i know they are going somewhere important? and if its that important to go 95 then you sure as hell better have your lights on.
Please refer to the post above yours
Old 01-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Old 01-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Fearless DIY Guy

Received 374 Likes on 207 Posts
how do i know they are going somewhere important?
And if you did, would it make a difference in the world? You wouldn't do a damn constructive thing with it even if you were aware of their activity, other then satiate some self-serving illusions of grandeur you posses about yourself.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:20 PM

Received 5,937 Likes on 2,928 Posts
[facepalm] [Wishing for the implementation of a "maturity test" for signing up on this board.]
Old 01-25-2011, 01:21 PM

agreed. x10
Old 01-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Worked with alot of state trprs.Every officer/ trooper is different and work differently. Technically your breaking the law so they decide to enforce it no matter how small the infraction. Just talk to the prosecutor he'll help you out.

Last edited by EFItech; 01-25-2011 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Add thought
Old 01-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by DeathMetal
And if you did, would it make a difference in the world? You wouldn't do a damn constructive thing with it even if you were aware of their activity, other then satiate some self-serving illusions of grandeur you posses about yourself.
i would respect them if i knew yes. because frankly im lacking that for them, along with other americans who see cops doing the same.

and how did community service play into this? lol keep your tone down, no need for words.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:28 PM

i would respect them if i knew yes. because frankly im lacking that for them, along with other americans who see cops doing the same.

and how did community service play into this? lol keep your tone down, no need for words.
oh so you dont respect police?
where is brake job???

Officers put their life on the line for you and I. I respect them to the fullest.
you know who doesnt respect officers, murderers. in the last week more than 10 officers died in the line of duty. Hope your attitude changes.

Last edited by justnspace; 01-25-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts

no respect for them until they save your ass

Last edited by Flipster23; 01-25-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Fearless DIY Guy

along with other americans who see cops doing the same.
These 'Americans' are the ones who let a few sensationalized headlines or select observances highlighting the 0.01% of erroneous behavior (either construed or actual - we only assume the circumstances) form a negative opinion.

These 'Americans' fail to account for the other 99.9% of good those brave men and women in blue do for the security and welfare of their constituents; I, for one, am willing to look the other way when it comes to such trite occurrences such as those mentioned here.

The commit some questionable, trite traffic maneuvers and yet they may have to take a bullet for you? Are you fucking serious?
Old 01-25-2011, 01:35 PM
Burning Brakes

As someone else already posted, With all of the shootings going on around the country of police officers and some of these shootings being blamed on just pure hatred for police officers this thread makes me pretty mad... OP You were wrong you were speeding and you have tinted windows so why are you complaining when you are breaking the law? People don't understand why LEO's HATE illegally tinted windows.

Possible thread of the year candidate
Old 01-25-2011, 01:45 PM
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
I vote to close thread and delete!!!! Useless
Old 01-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
You. Stop talking.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:47 PM

/thread.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Fearless DIY Guy

Originally Posted by hofiveo
I vote to close thread and delete!!!! Useless
There's a reserved area in RAMBLINGS for such threads
Old 01-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Instructor

Put this thread in RAMBLINGS. THAT'S ALL IT IS!!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Burning Brakes

There's a reserved area in RAMBLINGS for such threads
Old 01-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Racer

These 'Americans' are the ones who let a few sensationalized headlines or select observances highlighting the 0.01% of erroneous behavior (either construed or actual - we only assume the circumstances) form a negative opinion.

These 'Americans' fail to account for the other 99.9% of good those brave men and women in blue do for the security and welfare of their constituents; I, for one, am willing to look the other way when it comes to such trite occurrences such as those mentioned here.

The commit some questionable, trite traffic maneuvers and yet they may have to take a bullet for you? Are you fucking serious?
sir i know you dont know me, and i dont know you, probably never will. im a good kid, honestly. i do community service, i host a bible study at my place every wednesdays at 8pm, provide food, and provide transportation to and from it. i mow yards, i help people move, i change ladies flat tires, i help people with homework, i lend people money, i visit people in nursing homes/hospital. i put up christmas lights. im social and a good friend. AND ITS ALL FREE.

now when i speed a lil and i get pulled over, chances are a cop doesnt know that... and i get a ticket

so with that said, lets set jobs aside and look at the picture.

"hes speeding without lights on"
Old 01-25-2011, 02:05 PM

sir i know you dont know me, and i dont know you, probably never will. im a good kid, honestly. i do community service, i host a bible study at my place every wednesdays at 8pm, provide food, and provide transportation to and from it. i mow yards, i help people move, i change ladies flat tires, i help people with homework, i lend people money, i visit people in nursing homes/hospital. i put up christmas lights. im social and a good friend. AND ITS ALL FREE.

now when i speed a lil and i get pulled over, chances are a cop doesnt know that... and i get a ticket

You need to look at the bigger picture.

Originally Posted by stogie
There are MANY situations on the job that fall just short of this bar. Code-2 driving is the intermittent use of lights and siren, and is generally frowned upon or totally prohibited by an agency (liability based decision). It can be MORE dangerous than code-3, since there is no advanced warning to drivers. Is it necessary? You bet. Many circumstances call for code-2, but you as a private motorist may not know why the officer is doing it.

I fully admit it looks bad. Nothing can be done about that, though. It is a necessary tool, and should be used with discretion.

Last edited by justnspace; 01-25-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:06 PM

Received 9,524 Likes on 6,180 Posts
newfrito11 whether you're a "good guy" or not, SPEEDING IS BREAKING THE LAW. PERIOD.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:08 PM
i am so smart S M R T

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy

Police officers like all human beings can be good or bad. They are intrusted with enourmous responsibility. Unfortunately not all officers can handle it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFWG0cikeVU
Old 01-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
newfrito11 whether you're a "good guy" or not, SPEEDING IS BREAKING THE LAW. PERIOD.
thats my point of this whole argument!!! lol
Old 01-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 123 Posts

so u believe that ur not wrong for speeding?
Old 01-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts
A good friend of mine is a police officer & I'm a member of the New Jersey State Law Enforcement Officers Association (NJSLEOA)I have 110% respect for Police Officers, always have & always will. They can pull me over ANYTIME they wish for whatever reason. If they want to search me or my car I'll certainly let them, I have NOTHING to hide & have no objection to letting them do their job either. I wouldn't give them a hard time by shooting my mouth off if I was stopped. Be courteous, respectful, polite and admit what you did if stopped for a violation. If the officer is being rude to you etc just ignore that. When you are stopped keep one thing in mind: The officer does NOT know you at all, what your mental frame of mind is, for all he/she may know you could have just murdered your entire family or be a escaped felon.
I don't care how a Police officer drives their patrol car while on duty or where. The other night I saw a County Sheriffs Patrol car driving on the back roads in ANOTHER county. WHY? I don't know & I don't care. It's NONE OF MY BUSINESS WHAT THEY ARE DOING.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Racer

unless your saying cops are above the law..
Old 01-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by jwr0ng626
so u believe that ur not wrong for speeding?
no i do believe i should be responsible for my own actions. but yall are bashing on me for thinking a cop should be held accountable to his own actions too. my point was we both do good things 99 percent of the time. given that 1 percent chance i break the law, i pay for it. cops get away with it.

thats what im saying.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TVL65
A good friend of mine is a police officer & I'm a member of the New Jersey State Law Enforcement Officers Association (NJSLEOA)I have 110% respect for Police Officers, always have & always will. They can pull me over ANYTIME they wish for whatever reason. If they want to search me or my car I'll certainly let them, I have NOTHING to hide & have no objection to letting them do their job either. I wouldn't give them a hard time by shooting my mouth off if I was stopped. Be courteous, respectful, polite and admit what you did if stopped for a violation. If the officer is being rude to you etc just ignore that. When you are stopped keep one thing in mind: The officer does NOT know you at all, what your mental frame of mind is, for all he/she may know you could have just murdered your entire family or be a escaped felon.
I don't care how a Police officer drives their patrol car while on duty or where. The other night I saw a County Sheriffs Patrol car driving on the back roads in ANOTHER county. WHY? I don't know & I don't care. It's NONE OF MY BUSINESS WHAT THEY ARE DOING.
Very Well said
Old 01-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TVL65
where in your story was a cop breakin a law and getting away with it?
Old 01-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Instructor

hire a lawyer and see if you have a case. then you will find out the law considering if they can speed or be "above the law"
Old 01-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

If you are so immensely curious what police officers do, sign up for a ride-a-long.

Most people who do not have respect for the job LEO do have ONLY EVER had contact with them immediately following doing something wrong.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:34 PM
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
I hear *kinda* what you're saying... If a cop is recklessly speeding for no reason then they ARE wrong. But you have no way of knowing if their actions are warranted. It’s not your place to say whether or not they have a right to be speeding without their lights/sirens. However, it IS their right to say whether or not you have the right to be speeding. They are Police Officers and (whether or not they TRULY are worthy) have earned the right to act differently than regular citizens can. If you see a cop speeding without lights or sirens (which they can lawfully do) and that irks you, then just assume they have just cause. It’s all you can do really. There’s no point in getting worked up about it.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:38 PM

ask brake job! hes online now !!!

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=804301&page=4

ask a real life cop!!!!! right now!!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Racer

please stop referring to the daily tasks of cops because that is irrelevant. what is important is at the moment of speeding. anyone remember the football player who rushed to the hospital to see his dying mom, cop wouldn't let him go inside, and she died before he could see her. id say that was as important as any unalarmed driving by a police officer.

whos brake job? police?
Old 01-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by jsonkimz
I hear *kinda* what you're saying... If a cop is recklessly speeding for no reason then they ARE wrong. But you have no way of knowing if their actions are warranted. It’s not your place to say whether or not they have a right to be speeding without their lights/sirens. However, it IS their right to say whether or not you have the right to be speeding. They are Police Officers and (whether or not they TRULY are worthy) have earned the right to act differently than regular citizens can. If you see a cop speeding without lights or sirens (which they can lawfully do) and that irks you, then just assume they have just cause. It’s all you can do really. There’s no point in getting worked up about it.
unless im out 200 bucks and hes not.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Originally Posted by jsonkimz
That's about the most mature attitude to be found in this thread.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Racer

and incase anyone is bout to go crazy in arguing here, this is just my thought/beliefs. im not getting mad at you, so you dont get mad at me.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 123 Posts
no i do believe i should be responsible for my own actions. but yall are bashing on me for thinking a cop should be held accountable to his own actions too. my point was we both do good things 99 percent of the time. given that 1 percent chance i break the law, i pay for it. cops get away with it.

thats what im saying.
way to have some balls

and I believe jasn kim hit the spot... just let it go.

Quick Reply: I hate cops and state troopers