3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How's TL rear door/seat entry for baby-seats, etc. ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 12:31 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How's TL rear door/seat entry for baby-seats, etc. ?

I had been planning on getting a G35 (5AT) sedan until I found out about the 2004 TL a month ago. Although I'd prefer RWD, I like most everything else about the TL. I was really liking the G35 interior...until I saw the TL...now I agree with others regarding the opinion that the G35 interior looks kinda cheap.

Overall, I think they are both great cars but I am leaning heavily towards the TL because I like the interior better and I really want the hands-free link and the stereo.

My biggest concern is that I have a 7-month old daughter and we'll probably have one more coming in about a year. My daughter is in the car weekday mornings because I drop her off at daycare.

The rear-door entry on the TL seems a little small...so I'm wondering if it's going to be a problem with car seats and/or getting the kids in and out when they get bigger, etc.

If anyone has some insights, that would be very helpful. My daughter is still in the smaller rear-facing car seat...so that's all I'm familiar with at this point. :)

Thanks for any help,
-Brian
Old 10-27-2003, 01:05 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure how the TL stacks up to the G35 as far rear entry is concerned. The back seat has about as much room in there has my old 330i. As for getting in and out, you may want to test it at the dealer. My guess is that is shouldn't be too difficult since the recommended seat position for child seating is in the middle. Unless you're a large/tall person yourself.
Old 10-27-2003, 03:19 PM
Advanced

I had a new TL out of an overnight test drive/feel last week. Lots better than the short drives you get with a salesperson sitting next to you. One of the reasons was to see about car seats for the kids in the back seat. We all jumped in the car after dinner with the smallest one in the middle back seat in his car seat and took a ride. No complaints from anyone. I also wanted to see how it fit in the garage next to the wider MDX. I may have to adjust the tennis ball, but it fits good. The TL doors open wide -- I think they have at least three detents. I guess I'll have to buy it now.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:25 PM
10th Gear

We have a 2 month old daughter and the back seat was the only concern trading in my 00 TL for the 04 TL. It's the same room and fits fine. I found it's easier to sit down and put the car seat in vs. bending over. However, the MDX is easier than all. I was tempted to trade in the TL and get a matching MDX as my wife has based upon the ease in which to put the baby in the backseat.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:48 PM
Mav
Team Nighthawk Spokesman

Great question Goble. I too am curious about that with one on the way.