3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do i find out who the District Acura Service Manager is in my area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do i find out who the District Acura Service Manager is in my area?

I'm having some problems w/ the service dept a local dealer and i want to know how i can find out who the Service Director at that particular dealership reports to. Is there a website or an 800 number that i can call to find this information out? I am looking for the name and contact info of the individual that would cover Atlanta area dealerships.

TIA..

...And before anyone asks i am not going to divulge the name of the dealer or the problems that i am having until i give Acura the opportunity to make it right.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
well then we really cant bother to help you!!!!--
with FACTS we can often tell you what to do for resolution
and acura is not going to hand out the name and number so you can call and hassle someone without them getting the dealers side of the story-
you can call acura and make a report and ask for a regional rep to call you and start up the food chain that way
1-800-382-2238 x5
the phone person cant help you- isnt an acura car person- has no authority at all- they simply write down your info and put it in the box for real manager to come deal with
Old 05-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Team Owner

the dealer is a private business the works with acura, but in many things has its own discrestion
If its a warranty issue - acura can step in- but having the service manager on your side is how you get help in situations like that
Old 05-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Instructor

I have 4 documented trips to the same dealer to get the same issue fixed and to date it has not been. After the latest trip i spoke w/ the service director and it didn't get me anywhere. Hell he didn't even return my call the first time, he just had the service advisor call me and tell me to bring it in again, only to call me and say that nothing is wrong. Another time i brought the car in and they had to order parts and two weeks later i had to call them to ask them what was going on only to find out that they never bothered to order them.

When i reported the initial problem the car was under warranty but seeing that the the problem has persisted for several months the car is now out of warranty. I want to take it to another dealer for them to look at it but with the car being out of warranty now, i will need to talk to someone higher up the food chain in order to do so. My overall experience w/ this particular dealer has been very poor and someone should know about it.

Oh and it would be nice to get my car fixed too.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what was the problem that isn't being fixed?

Also taking from your profile I would assume Nalley Acura in Georgia..
Old 05-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Team Owner

exactly what problem are they trying to find

and since its been in a few times with prob not fixed- they cover you past warranty limits no sweat
The real service MANAGER at the dealer is who to talk with in person-
the writers - advisors and assistant managers-dispatcher have ZERO authority

Make the call to acura 800 in the morning they are open 6am till 5 pm pacific time monday thru friday
An in person visit to the Dealers real GENERAL MANAGER will speed things up
You have to be nice to them or they blow you off
what did you do - show up with 500 miles of warranty left and want something that been a prob for a year fixed? what is wrong with the car???
If your prob is a dash rattle or what? they can be hard to find
If you have a real running issue- tell us what it is
why the secrecy
Its ok to post names of dealers with good service and those with bad service- protect other ziners!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
exactly what problem are they trying to find

and since its been in a few times with prob not fixed- they cover you past warranty limits no sweat
The real service MANAGER at the dealer is who to talk with in person-
the writers - advisors and assistant managers-dispatcher have ZERO authority

Make the call to acura 800 in the morning they are open 6am till 5 pm pacific time monday thru friday
An in person visit to the Dealers real GENERAL MANAGER will speed things up
You have to be nice to them or they blow you off
what did you do - show up with 500 miles of warranty left and want something that been a prob for a year fixed? what is wrong with the car???
If your prob is a dash rattle or what? they can be hard to find
If you have a real running issue- tell us what it is
why the secrecy
Its ok to post names of dealers with good service and those with bad service- protect other ziners!!!

Heres the problem - https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...70#post1953970

I have no desire to bring it back to the same dealer.

Like i said i spoke with the Service Dir and he left a bad taste in my mouth where as i do not want to deal w/ him or his shop anymore if i do not have to.

The car is an 04 i intitally bought in there in Feb when the problem started. The warranty expired in May due to the purchase date. Keep in mind that it only had about 33k on it when the car was brought in for the first time regarding this issue.

As for not posting the dealers name why would i divulge that information before i had my problem rectified? If you were them and you saw me slamming you publically would you want to make any kind of effort to make things right after i already gave you bad press? This kinda stuff has a habit of getting around..
Old 05-20-2008, 11:40 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
On the other thread, on 3/20/8 you wrote...

"I had the dealer replace the entire clutch assembly (under warranty). Good to go.. "

Looks like the dealer tried a number of fixes. Getting the factory involved should not be a problem. Just ask upper mgt at the dealer or call the 800 number. Good luck, keep us posted.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:07 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MR1
On the other thread, on 3/20/8 you wrote...

"I had the dealer replace the entire clutch assembly (under warranty). Good to go.. "

Looks like the dealer tried a number of fixes. Getting the factory involved should not be a problem. Just ask upper mgt at the dealer or call the 800 number. Good luck, keep us posted.

That fix lasted all of 3 days, and the car went right back to them because of it.

It was almost like they adjusted the clutch and after driving the car the problem resurfaced. IMO the dealer only tried the cheap fixes in a half assed attempt to remedy the problem. In 4 visits the total dollar value of the parts changed was about $100. I got the feeling that seeing that the car was going to be out of warranty shortly they just wanted to to do the cheap quick fixes and push me out the door. One of the visits they just replaced the switch that prevents the car from being started unless the clutch is depressed.

That time i didn't even make it two lights from the dealer before i turned the car right around to tell them their "fix" didn't do shit. They didn't even bother to test drive it afterwards.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Team Owner

Oddly enough, posting the name of the place publicly can stir some action- the internet is a powerful tool-
a happy customer tells 2 friends,
an unhappy customer goes online and tells Millions!!!

If a place/particular manager is dicking customers- others need to know (including corp headquarters) and the dealer needs to know they are being called out very publicly on it. Some dealers that tried to deny a trans warranty- the ziner printed out the thread with info and went back- case resolved very quickly.

As for the fixes- they may be trying 1 thing at a time as it seems logical,,,not always the fix, but the next thing to try on a strange problem

Whats acura care got to say- the manager who calls you back fron there
1-800-382-2238 x5
dont worry what the phone person says- they just read from a book- and write a note for the real acura manager from Corp to call you and sort it out
Having all the paperwork and facts in order will help you when that call comes

The dealer isnt normally in the biz of screwing you out of warranty- acura has a generous Goodwill policy that covers such situations
You made several good faith efforts at bringing the car in- its not like you waited till 100 miles left on warranty and made first notice to them of problem

1-800-382-2238 x5 6am to 5pm pacific time

Of course if it was me, I call the local TV stations help line and complain, then park in front of the dealer on the PUBLIC street- with a large sign placed on the cars windows-
Want to buy a POS?? Ask me how!!!!
Old 05-21-2008, 10:26 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by ..Mark..
That fix lasted all of 3 days, and the car went right back to them because of it.

It was almost like they adjusted the clutch and after driving the car the problem resurfaced. IMO the dealer only tried the cheap fixes in a half assed attempt to remedy the problem. In 4 visits the total dollar value of the parts changed was about $100. I got the feeling that seeing that the car was going to be out of warranty shortly they just wanted to to do the cheap quick fixes and push me out the door. One of the visits they just replaced the switch that prevents the car from being started unless the clutch is depressed.

That time i didn't even make it two lights from the dealer before i turned the car right around to tell them their "fix" didn't do shit. They didn't even bother to test drive it afterwards.
Been there, many years ago with the last GM car I purchased. I was just pointing out that they have at least gone through the motions. When you do talk to Acura; be calm, accurate, professional and firm. Also be prepared to suggest a solution. I suspect the Acura rep will want you to use the same dealer that you have been seeing. Just how they used to do things.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Team Owner

I would like to think the regional rep will make an appointment with you at the dealer- so everyone is there together or rep can look and drive your car for themself.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:36 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MR1
Been there, many years ago with the last GM car I purchased. I was just pointing out that they have at least gone through the motions. When you do talk to Acura; be calm, accurate, professional and firm. Also be prepared to suggest a solution. I suspect the Acura rep will want you to use the same dealer that you have been seeing. Just how they used to do things.
Well i called yesterday and have been assigned a case number. I should hear somthing by close of business (left coast time) today. I'll let you guys know what transpires as events unfold.

Just to cover myself i already scheduled an appointment on Monday at the dealer where the car was purchased (20 miles away) with their service manager. He was more than willing to set an appointment where as he and his tech will both be looking at the car and the documentation that i have of my muliple visits and attempted repairs at the other shop. This guy had a great attitude so when i made my complaint i informed them that i already had the appointment scheduled at the other shop in hopes that the case manager will just push it through seeing that i already set everything up.

We'll see..
Old 05-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Team Owner

Sounds like it will work out
Service managers want to you to be happy (in most cases), and when you bring a complaint to acura corp- the service manager gets an email to the blackberry or whatever the current phone technology is- with a copy of your complaint- that gives them a chance to find out whats going on and call you personally, or arrange a time for the Head Tech, Manager and area rep to all be together
Let them know you are keeping acurazine.com advised on this, with appropriate feedback online. This is the worlds largest Internet gathering place for Acura owners of every model.
They may claim not to know about it--but they do~
Best Wishes for a swift and complete repair
Old 05-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Instructor

Ac care called me back and i was able to keep the appt that i already have w/ the second dealer. I will be meeting the service manager on Monday w/ one of his techs so that they can check it out.

I'll let you know where it goes from there.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Team Owner

this monday? om memorial day weekend? wow thats service!!
Old 05-23-2008, 04:58 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
i wanna know what dealer this is man..is it nalley? jackson? i go to nalley and sometimes it feels like they rush me out. i repaired the cover over my steering wheel after they broke it changing my ignition switch out
Old 05-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
this monday? om memorial day weekend? wow thats service!!
Correct.. I have an appt at 7:30am.

Phee, you have a pm..