3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HitnRun on my 2007 Type-S off Route 7 in VA!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Type S'ing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry HitnRun on my 2007 Type-S off Route 7 in VA!!!

AAAAAAARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH!!

My new 2007 Type S (Nighthawk Black Pearl) was rear-ended by some F'in j@ck@ss in an older Green maybe 1999 Ford Explorer, dude was a white male, with a baseball cap. Didn't get plates. He was prolly headed to work too!

So I was heading to work this morning at 6am and making a right onto Route 7 East off Dranesville Road when all of a sudden this j@ck@ss rear-ends me.

We pull into the gas station and the stupid ass accelerates and then LEAVES!!!!!!!! Now my bumper is cracked, no visible damage to the trunk, but maan! my $35K car!! ARGHGHGHHH.. Hurting!

Anybody know of a good body shop in the Northern Virginia area? Maybe costs?

I'll post pics up later today.

Fellow TL'er,

1TypeS
Old 12-17-2007, 11:35 AM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
Are you alright? thats the most important thing. The car can always be fixed.

What did the cops say? I would of chased that f*cker. Since he hit you in the back, it is 100% his fault.

Some people are just really f*cked up! Sorry about your loss, everything will be alright!
Old 12-17-2007, 11:39 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
go to chantilly autobody ... its next to westfields high school
when my TL was rearended i took it there, and i looks good as new now
Old 12-17-2007, 11:42 AM
Type S'ing

Thx TeknoKing.

Yeah, everything was alright. Just the car. I felt the jolt of the hit but the Type S barely budged. The left bumper is cracked badly though. Heard that roughly 30% drivers don't have insurance these days. I guess that's what my uninsured motor coverage is for. I'm just shocked somebody can do that!!!

1TypeS
Old 12-17-2007, 11:44 AM
[PA] NBP-TL

What An A$$. I'm Pretty Sure You Will See Him Again. Unless He Changes His Route To Work Or Where The Fk He Was Going At 6am.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:45 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
If you put it under insurance, it should NOT result in a rate change - not your fault.

Did you file a police report?

My wife got rear-ended in city traffic earlier this year. Guy took off. She had a partial description of the vehicle, similar to yours. Anyway, we filed insurance, paid our deductible, got the car fixed.

About 4 or 5 weeks after the incident, the police officer who did the incident report shows up on our doorstep saying he found the kid who did it and do we want to press chagres. We just wanted our insurance taken care of and the our carrier did that - got thier money back and our deductible.

I was very impressed that the officer continued to look out for this car and found it the old-fashioned way: by doing good work.

Long story short: You might get lucky and the bastard will end up paying.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:57 AM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
As others above have mentioned (though you probably have already contacted your insurance etc.) file a police report. Helps confirm/validate to your insurance that you were not at fault etc.

Anyone that does this should not only be held liable/fined but should automatically lose their license/jailed for several months etc. - this is an intolerable moving violation. This type of person wouldn't think twice about a hit and run involving a pedestrian as well.

Sorry about your early Christmas gift... Hope it all gets fixed to your liking!

Happy Holidays
Old 12-17-2007, 12:00 PM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
U Didn't Give Chase ? To At Least Get A Tag Number...
Old 12-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
i wouldve taken chase, but since its too late, just keep an eye out, and yes, file with the police with everything you have.

insurance should take care of the rest.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Type S'ing

Yeah filed a report with the police and called insurance. Yeah, maybe a pursuit mighta been in order but at the time I was so shocked something like that can actually happen!!

Bearcat94, that's good to hear. Anyways, gotta deal with claims adjuster, setting up body shop, paying 250 deductible, and getting a loaner car - its such a pain. I'm hoping that all my fellow TL'ers and TypeS'ers drive safely out there this holiday!

But yeah, I get to show off my cracked bumper later when I post pics up geez!lol!

1TypeS

Lesson learned here:
1. Check to see if everyone's alright.
2. Take my camera/cameraphone out and start taking pics.
3. Put my 286hp to good use next time.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:20 PM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

Well Glad Ur Ok And Sorry To Hear About Ur Car
Old 12-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
Originally Posted by 1types
Yeah filed a report with the police and called insurance. Yeah, maybe a pursuit mighta been in order but at the time I was so shocked something like that can actually happen!!

Bearcat94, that's good to hear. Anyways, gotta deal with claims adjuster, setting up body shop, paying 250 deductible, and getting a loaner car - its such a pain. I'm hoping that all my fellow TL'ers and TypeS'ers drive safely out there this holiday!

But yeah, I get to show off my cracked bumper later when I post pics up geez!lol!

1TypeS

Lesson learned here:
1. Check to see if everyone's alright.
2. Take my camera/cameraphone out and start taking pics.
3. Put my 286hp to good use next time.
AMEN!

oh, and maybe 1. if you have time lol
Old 12-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
make sure u get ur lost equity in the car ... if u need more help with this PM me and i'll send you the letter that i wrote to get more money from the insurance
Old 12-17-2007, 12:39 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Getting his tag info would have been nice yet "taking chase" isn't the smart thing to do.

Many a time you end up in a worse predicament either due to speed, subsequent accident (possibly you or the chased individual hurting someone else), or a confrontation with an individual that could care less if he kills you.

You did the right thing.

Not judging due to it being easy for me to make these comments from behind the monitor.. Who knows how I would react if in the same situation - but would hope to do as you.

Besides dealing with insurance etc., at least the issue shouldn't come back to haunt you..

Glad you and TL are OK.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:47 PM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

I Was Not Saying Give Chase Which Means Do 120 And Act Like An Idiot, I Meant Just Try To Get His Tag Number, Cause There Are To Many People Out There Driving With No Insurance.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Instructor

If you pulled into a gas station, they are bound to have cameras. Ask the police to check them or the gas station owners. Its likely to have caught his car and plate number.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Angry

OMG, the same thing happened to me 2 Sundays ago. The guy took off and I kept following him. I honked and flashed my lights for 2 miles before he pulled over. I pulled aside him and rolled down my window and said you f$$king just hit me. Told him that like 3 times before he could here me because his subs were on. It was a 1990 Integra. He then says "is there any damage" and I said I don't know and that I was going to pull over in front of him because traffic had backed up behind me. As soon as I pull in front of him, he took off again. I did not continue pursuit but I should of because Seattle PD are peices of $hit. I have his plates and everything but the only way they can charge him with hit and run is if I pick him out from a photo lineup which is my plan. My insurance is still unable to get a hold of him and my deductible is more than the damage( $500 vs $458 damage).
Basically, if they can not get a hold of him, I'm screwed which is basically the case. Now he left 2 dimples from his plates on the back of my car so the bumper repaint is the only necessary repair. At this point, it's about the principle of hitting and running. I am going to go in and make Seattle PD have me pull the DB out of a lineup. Then I'm going to have him charged. The A$$hole can lose his licence, go to jail, and will have to pay for my bumper if this all goes through.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by binhsterbinh
....The A$$hole can lose his licence, go to jail, and will have to pay for my bumper if this all goes through.
Wow, I can only imagine how pissed you were. This guy was toying with you. And cops didn't want to help? I always carry a digital camera with me in the car just in case.

I hope everything will work out for you, and if you do see the guy, throw something at him, and remember your TL is MUCH faster than his boom box on wheels, so do the roadrunner 'beep-beep' and floor it.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:17 PM
TL-S BeASt

safety is definitely first....but sorry guys i grew up in the bronx.....I'm chasing and F**king someone up.....lol....just kidding...I would def give chase and get a plate number....but hey as long as you get to live another day....plus Karma will come back around to that asshole.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
My family members got in a hit and run last night. Some idiot in a 4Runner crashed into their Rav 4 and took off. Ohhhh i hate those hit and run bastard.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The guy in the explorer is gonna start getting paranoid everytime he sees a black TL. LOL
Old 12-17-2007, 05:19 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
last sunday i got hit on highway 404 in Toronto.

a FuKing GMC safari (Bathurst Plumbing's van) merged into the lane i was in and hit me from the side, damaged the driver side from the rear fender to the side mirror

he pulled over and said it was my fault, then he told me to wait for 1 and a half hour cause he didnt "BRING" his insurance with him.

of cox i refused. i told him to wait for the police cause they were on their way here. I stood infront of his car to get his plate # and prevent him from leaving. guess what he did?

HE ACCELERATED TOWARDS ME ... his fucking front plate hit my knee ....

it has been more than a week, the police is still trying to contact this bitch and my insurance company said i have to pay for deductible (1000 buxs)......

he hit me, and wanted to run me over and now i have to pay for 1000 , man life is "FAIR"
i m 20 but i dont do anything crazy cause i know safety is #1

1types- if the damage is near the bottom get the aspec !!!
Old 12-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Type S'ing

Arrow Pics of my bumper ARGH!

F'in Hit 'n Run drivers! Yeah went to the gas station, looked at the camera images and saw the dude but it was too blurry to see his license plate. A-spec? How does that look?
Hope this guy get's his in the end! My Type S!

Old 12-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Intermediate

thats borderline horrific,sorry man.........
Old 12-17-2007, 07:34 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
hit and runs seem to be happening alot lately, even with people in the car.

shit man, you gotta 286hp car.. i would chaseeeee that fcker... but i would first take inventory and make sure i could kick his ass if god forbid he goes ape shit.. lol
Old 12-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Advanced

and this is precisely why i keep a camera in my car with batteries charged (checked weekly) at all times. because of stupid hit-and-run lamers. do they honestly think that they can just drive away and forget about it? haha.

i'd probably have given chase and taken a few snaps of the guy before pulling over and calling the cops. maybe even roll up beside him and snap a few of the guy's face too to screw him over more. with flash. =)
Old 12-17-2007, 09:25 PM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
so wait, you pull into a gas station, you get out of your car, and he's still in his car and he just drives out?

I woulda pulled a Cops and chased him down. Explorers are so F"n slow, we have on in the garage. I swear 0-60 in 13seconds or worse!
Old 12-17-2007, 10:01 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
holy shit - man, i would've ran that mofo down - at least to get his plate. this is why i keep a camera and a collapsible baton under my seat.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:09 PM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
lol baton?

hmmm
Old 12-17-2007, 11:24 PM
SOLD

If he pulled into that gas station, he may have had some familiarity with it. I would say try and check the cameras for the past 2 weeks or so to see if he was there recently. Also definitely file a police report. In almost all states they have a database that they can run through and find every ford explorer of that color in the state and narrow it down from there. They could have respective agencies check out the residences of the registered owners and look for body damage, etc. They could go on that road or that area wherever you were around the time you were there, and look for a vehicle matching the description for a while. None of this would happen if you didn't file a PR though. A camera in the car is also a good idea, in case of situations like these or even in situations where cops try and pull BS on you - "So, I ran that red light huh? Not according to this video!"
Old 12-18-2007, 01:01 AM
6th Gear

another asshole another tl... went in to eat tonight came back out with my gf and found my front bumper cracked some asshole in a durango backed into it and drove off!! less then 5 days after my first payment!!! glad there are some other angry people on here
Old 12-18-2007, 07:15 AM
Type S'ing

Red face

Yeah, well now its gonna take time outa the day and inconvenience to go to the body shop, get a rental, and talk with the adjuster. just lame.

Idunno just listening to the cop, he didn't feel all that compelled to actively find this dude, which I understand they got more important things to do.

Looking at the damage, the bumper CRACKED but that's about it - i'm hoping

I didn't see any damage to the trunk or anything else to the undercarriage. And considering the dude apparently accelerated hard into the back somehow, I'm glad that the TL could handle it well. I heard the loud "crack" sound during impact, but the TL barely budged. I've heard that most Honda/Acura usually crumple a little ?easier? than most cars cuz they're built to absorb as much impact as possible.

Well, anyways thnx for all the support. Just had to rant and vent to my fellow TL'ers about what happened.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:26 AM
06 6spd TL BAGGED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
damn sorry for your car... you should of chased him. thats what i had to do when some drunk idiot hit me but im sure your insurance will cover it.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:02 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
To the original poster, try Quality Auto Body on Draper Drive in Fairfax. They do excellent work. I've had both of my TL's bumpers replaced there (bitch talking illegally on a handheld cell phone backed into me in DC; foreign woman decided she didn't have to stop when the cars in front of her did and rear-ended me on Van Dorn Street).

You're going to have to have the bumper replaced and painted (they ship unpainted) and it will run $500 to $600. Insist on a new, original Acura bumper. Some of the insurance carriers may attempt to insist on aftermarket parts, but your vehicle is new enough that you should stick to your guns.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:17 AM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah that bumber is messed up. Mine didn't crack. Just two plate marks. Better excuse to buy an A-Spec kit in the spring as the damage is low on the bumper. I will consider a bat and camera in the future. Maybe a giant brick with a note attached to hit stating "a$$hole". Try and wedge that into his back window.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Acura Love

I am so sad for you, that sucks

LAndo