Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hit & Run (Thank You Crazy Lady)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts
Hit & Run (Thank You Crazy Lady)

Wednesday at 6pm I pulled into a local convenience store, hesitently because the ford bronco in the next space was parked at a weird angle, the back end positioned toward close to my spot. I was just going into the store for a minute or two to get a diet coke & while I entered the store a woman was exiting. I looked her right in the eye because she looked like trash. I was at the counter paying when me & the cashier heard a commotion in the parking lot, 2 woman were yelling & screaming & we just figured it was an argument. I walked out after paying when one of the ladies ran up to me & asked if the silver car was mine? Okay I knew at that point it was hit. The woman in the bronco backed up and clipped my rear bumper, I have the optional Acura ground effect bumper & she gouged my turn signal, the upper & lower bumper on the corner & scratched it badly to the point its ground down to black. The 2 woman yelled for her to stop, she just looked at them and sped away! Neither of them got her plate No. and didn't know which way she went at the stop sign up the street. I called the police & reported it, went to body shop & they'll repaint the entire 2 bumpers & guarantee it will look fine, very upscale shop. THankfully the quarter panel didn't get hit. My deductible is $750 & I'm pissed, money I had set aside toward a trip to Las Vegas with my wife. It was my mistake to park where I did, I should have known better when I saw the half ass parking she did in her space. People seriously suck, but we all know this right?
Old 06-14-2013, 05:26 PM
Slot Machine Lubricator

Received 404 Likes on 316 Posts
That's why I don't park next to people unless it's evident they take care of their own.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:48 PM
Registered Bike Offender

Received 843 Likes on 625 Posts
Damn man that sucks. That lady is a scumbag. But seriously, how did those women NOT write the plate number down??? That's like the most obvious thing to do. I give them credit for caring enough to speak up, but still.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,120 Likes on 893 Posts
damn that sucks OP but yeah you should have known better than to park next to someone who couldnt park properly
Old 06-14-2013, 06:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 59 Posts
wow O_O that really blows... no camera in the front of the store to grab a plate #? makes me even more afraid of parking next to people -___-
Old 06-14-2013, 08:38 PM
Racer

Received 103 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by TVL65
Wednesday at 6pm I pulled into a local convenience store, hesitently because the ford bronco in the next space was parked at a weird angle, the back end positioned toward close to my spot. I was just going into the store for a minute or two to get a diet coke & while I entered the store a woman was exiting. I looked her right in the eye because she looked like trash. I was at the counter paying when me & the cashier heard a commotion in the parking lot, 2 woman were yelling & screaming & we just figured it was an argument. I walked out after paying when one of the ladies ran up to me & asked if the silver car was mine? Okay I knew at that point it was hit. The woman in the bronco backed up and clipped my rear bumper, I have the optional Acura ground effect bumper & she gouged my turn signal, the upper & lower bumper on the corner & scratched it badly to the point its ground down to black. The 2 woman yelled for her to stop, she just looked at them and sped away! Neither of them got her plate No. and didn't know which way she went at the stop sign up the street. I called the police & reported it, went to body shop & they'll repaint the entire 2 bumpers & guarantee it will look fine, very upscale shop. THankfully the quarter panel didn't get hit. My deductible is $750 & I'm pissed, money I had set aside toward a trip to Las Vegas with my wife. It was my mistake to park where I did, I should have known better when I saw the half ass parking she did in her space. People seriously suck, but we all know this right?

Dude, your inner car sense was tingling, trying to tell you not to park there and that ford was trouble. Listen to it next time

Personally, I tend to not go park in any spot that are tight or even have a chance remotely of hitting my car.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts
I know the Police Officer who responded, I once dated his sister but he was very young at the time. Anyway I gave him a description of the vehicle & that it had a Harley Davidson sticker on the back tailgate window, tonight at 6pm he called directly from a MV stop & had a bronco pulled over! I went there & it was a white & green bronco, the one that hit me was all brown so it wasn't it. But I thanked the officer for keeping any eye out & shook his hand. The vehicle I believe is local, the convenience store is off the main road thru town & you don't know its even there unless you live in town. On the main road close by is a 7-11 & Quick Chek store. So its someone who lives in town or close. Its nice to know the officer is looking.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:03 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 847 Posts
Damn, this is why I try not to park next to ppl who don't care about their cars
Old 06-15-2013, 01:29 AM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Sorry about your car OP. Hopefully you'll get this all sorted out ASAP.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:45 AM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
What was the lady in the store for? Did she happen to use the ATM or pay via credit card for gas? Did the clerks recognize her as a regular?
Old 06-15-2013, 07:13 AM

Received 705 Likes on 538 Posts
Sorry to hear OP
Old 06-15-2013, 07:30 AM
06 Anthracite TL

Received 333 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by ff4930
Dude, your inner car sense was tingling, trying to tell you not to park there and that ford was trouble. Listen to it next time

Personally, I tend to not go park in any spot that are tight or even have a chance remotely of hitting my car.
My condolences as well, but at least it's not totaled and she ran...it does suck, is wrong, but listen to your inner voice next time. I also try my best to park away from crappy vehicles and those parked on weird angles- trust no one!

It amazes me...I usually park in a spot so at least one side of the car is next to a curb, far away from other cars. When I come out to drive away, invariably, someone has parked next to me (even if the lot is mostly empty) and in many cases, they park closer to my doors than would be the normal distance car to car.

You just can't fix stupid!
Old 06-15-2013, 07:44 AM
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Vlad_Type_S
... how did those women NOT write the plate number down??? That's like the most obvious thing to do. I give them credit for caring enough to speak up, but still.
Because in a crisis women are emotional, not logical. Case in point: my wife got rear-ended in our SUV and she 'didn't see any damage' so all she did was give her number with the other driver. No police report, no number back, no nothin'. (insert double face-palm here) Of course we never heard a thing from the other driver and I found the trailer wiring receptacle under the bumper was all bent to hell.

$750 is pretty steep for a deductible...ouch. Good luck with the fix, OP.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
TVL, sorry to hear it......
Old 06-16-2013, 02:58 PM

Received 9,502 Likes on 6,173 Posts
Ouch, sorry to hear.

I park in the middle of nowhere and walk. I would rather have a farther walk than most likely incur damage to my car.
The following users liked this post:
crazyasiantl (06-16-2013)
Old 06-16-2013, 03:07 PM
JJH
Drifting

Received 352 Likes on 254 Posts
Sorry to hear that you have such a high deductible. What do you pay monthly?
Old 06-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
Did the woman pay with a credit card at all? Talk to the clerk to find out. If she did, see if you can pull the receipt.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Ouch, sorry to hear.

I park in the middle of nowhere and walk. I would rather have a farther walk than most likely incur damage to my car.
damn straight...

I hope they find the bitch that hit you man, someone sideswiped me when I was parked once- it was at the barracks where I lived on base, got a description of the truck from some guys who saw it and I found the truck later that day in the same parking lot with a big scratch on the side.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
Did the woman pay with a credit card at all? Talk to the clerk to find out. If she did, see if you can pull the receipt.
That's a really good idea. Even if she paid cash, maybe they could look at surveillance video to get a good visual. It does help help to have friends on the force as well. Years ago I had two of my tires slashed in my driveway. I heard the noise and ran out just as two guys and a girl were running away. I was able to catch the girl a block and a half away (guys ran behind houses after rounding the corner, out of line of sight) and drag her back to the house (literally kicking and screaming) and I called the police. They didn't even really question her much, just let her go. Next day I went in and talked to a sergeant I knew and he went right over to her house and rattled her cage. She blew the guys in and I ended up getting restitution for two new tires. They're pretty lucky I didn't get my hands on them at the time.

Last edited by anx1300c; 06-16-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:36 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Originally Posted by anx1300c
That's a really good idea. Even if she paid cash, maybe they could look at surveillance video to get a good visual. It does help help to have friends on the force as well. Years ago I had two of my tires slashed in my driveway. I heard the noise and ran out just as two guys and a girl were running away. I was able to catch the girl a block and a half away (guys ran behind houses after rounding the corner, out of line of sight) and drag her back to the house (literally kicking and screaming) and I called the police. They didn't even really question her much, just let her go. Next day I went in and talked to a sergeant I knew and he went right over to her house and rattled her cage. She blew the guys in and I ended up getting restitution for two new tires. They're pretty lucky I didn't get my hands on them at the time.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:44 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts
how could they not write down the plate number? that should be the first thing to do