Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi Everyone, New member

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 06:18 PM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Everyone, New member

Hi everyone, my names Pete. I recently bought my vary 1st 2006 TL 3.2 A-Spec. I've already been doing some mods on it. Getting the car fully wrapped in Tiffany Teal Gloss. With carbon fiber roof, mirrors, front grill, rear lience plate holder, front bumber lower lip. Bought 19' 8.5 Black gloss rims. With 245/35/19 Firestone indy 500 rubber. What do you guys recommend coil overs or bags? I also out on a HPS short ram intake. Anyone have any recommendations for any other mods for the motor? Am super excited to get her back in the new 3 4 weeks. Thanks everyone.
Old 03-03-2020, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Received 1,004 Likes on 574 Posts
Since this is a topic/technical issue which will require replies and discussion, this thread has been moved from the New Member Introductions forum to the model specific forum for better response.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:13 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 310 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by Peter06TL
Hi everyone, my names Pete. I recently bought my vary 1st 2006 TL 3.2 A-Spec. I've already been doing some mods on it. Getting the car fully wrapped in Tiffany Teal Gloss. With carbon fiber roof, mirrors, front grill, rear lience plate holder, front bumber lower lip. Bought 19' 8.5 Black gloss rims. With 245/35/19 Firestone indy 500 rubber. What do you guys recommend coil overs or bags? I also out on a HPS short ram intake. Anyone have any recommendations for any other mods for the motor? Am super excited to get her back in the new 3 4 weeks. Thanks everyone.
Welcome, and congrats on the new car. I'm about to be very concise, as this is a commonly asked question/thread. Please don't take me being short with you as being negative or antagonizing, haha...

- You aren't going to get major power gains out of this engine without spending a ridiculous amount of money. Bolt-ons will only add minimal HP. If you want to boost or supercharge your engine, that's great, but it is rather impractical for a car this age unless you have a large budget. (But if you have a large budget, then this platform is not exactly a good choice when it comes to building a race car). Also, short ram intakes do essentially nothing on this car. In fact, less than nothing, as some users report HP loss due to hot air intake.

- Speaking of age, your is 14 years old, and chances are, there are other things that you ought to spend your money on to make the car "happy" and extend its life.

- Perform routine maintenance first. Big items include timing belt, water pump, oil pump reseal, belt tensioners, valve adjustment, spark plugs...also important on your 06 is the trans fluid change, trans filter and pressure switch change. Be careful and research this, as neglected transmissions can be the death of this car. Also, disconnect or repair your Handsfreelink. Inspect your axles. Inspect your lower control arm bushings, as well as your motor and trans mounts. And obviously, inspect all fluids.

Good luck and feel free to ask questions here!
The following users liked this post:
Squanto (03-04-2020)
Old 03-04-2020, 05:44 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by TheSauceBoss
Welcome, and congrats on the new car. I'm about to be very concise, as this is a commonly asked question/thread. Please don't take me being short with you as being negative or antagonizing, haha...

- You aren't going to get major power gains out of this engine without spending a ridiculous amount of money. Bolt-ons will only add minimal HP. If you want to boost or supercharge your engine, that's great, but it is rather impractical for a car this age unless you have a large budget. (But if you have a large budget, then this platform is not exactly a good choice when it comes to building a race car). Also, short ram intakes do essentially nothing on this car. In fact, less than nothing, as some users report HP loss due to hot air intake.

- Speaking of age, your is 14 years old, and chances are, there are other things that you ought to spend your money on to make the car "happy" and extend its life.

- Perform routine maintenance first. Big items include timing belt, water pump, oil pump reseal, belt tensioners, valve adjustment, spark plugs...also important on your 06 is the trans fluid change, trans filter and pressure switch change. Be careful and research this, as neglected transmissions can be the death of this car. Also, disconnect or repair your Handsfreelink. Inspect your axles. Inspect your lower control arm bushings, as well as your motor and trans mounts. And obviously, inspect all fluids.

Good luck and feel free to ask questions here!

Hi there SauceBoss, I understand I wont be gaining much or no hp, the transmission I rebuilt all new parts, and used the acura transmission fluid. I have the lower control arm bushing installed. All the mounts are brand new. Only put 300km on it so far with the rebuilt transmission. Car drives beautiful, new drive belt also. How often would you recommend doing the valve adjustment? And for the age of the vechical it's in vary good shape got lucky with this one 🙂 . Has anyone used or tried the redline atf fluid? Any recommendations or posts you could point me in the right direction to read more about the car. Has anyone done any engine modifications? If so what did you do and what were the gains. I would be happy with 300 to 330hp. Thanks everyone... Pete
Old 03-04-2020, 05:46 PM
6th Gear

Nos

Anyone put a bottle on there TL? I was thinking about a 30 shot would that be safe for the motor? Thanks Peter
Old 03-07-2020, 10:16 AM
Slot Machine Lubricator

Received 404 Likes on 316 Posts
There are a few people on here who advocated for NOS. Easiest way to find information is to google search "NOS Acurazine" for the quickest results. Probably add more tags for better results.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Welcome to the Zine...………...Enjoy your stay
Old 03-10-2020, 08:45 PM
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 64 Posts
Welcome and post pics