HFL Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004 | 01:53 PM
Instructor

HFL Problem

When I try calling a number by name/number with the HFL it never works on the first try. (It doesn't recognize the name/# and comes up with random #'s on the screen.) It almost always works on the second try and will continue to work thereafter. The same thing happens again when I leave my car and come back. It doesn't work on the first try but does thereafter. Is anyone else having this problem? I have a Siemens S 56.
Old 03-01-2004 | 02:29 PM
Banned

I am. I dont know what the deal is. Sometimes its right on the money and sometimes its stupider than an ox. I wonder if it has to do with the cabin temperature. Im waiting to see how it works when its warm all the time. For example I have a cold induced squeak on my center stack. One its above 30 degrees it goes away. When to live up here you get used to having the cold bring up squeaks you would never expect in summer!
Old 03-01-2004 | 03:27 PM
Team Secretary of Housing

I can relate...

My wife was driving with me in the passenger seat and asked me to connect and start the prompt for making a call. The female voice came on and said the usual what number or name do you wish to dial or call depending on her mood I guess. My wife then rattled off the numbers and got a response nowhere close to what she wanted. This happened a second time. Then a third. Then my wife who almost never swears, yelled....the 11 numbers and then called the voice the B---h word. The voice came back and said returning to the main menu. Anyone else think they may have a live person somewhere within the system? Of course I then prompted the phone call and told her the numbers and she accepted mine just fine. Needless to say my wife thought I was having an affair with the system or something. LOL
Old 03-01-2004 | 03:32 PM
Banned

Re: I can relate...

Originally posted by brucedeb1
My wife was driving with me in the passenger seat and asked me to connect and start the prompt for making a call. The female voice came on and said the usual what number or name do you wish to dial or call depending on her mood I guess. My wife then rattled off the numbers and got a response nowhere close to what she wanted. This happened a second time. Then a third. Then my wife who almost never swears, yelled....the 11 numbers and then called the voice the B---h word. The voice came back and said returning to the main menu. Anyone else think they may have a live person somewhere within the system? Of course I then prompted the phone call and told her the numbers and she accepted mine just fine. Needless to say my wife thought I was having an affair with the system or something. LOL
My wife and I also have fun doing the same thing!