Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Tint Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 01:40 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Help with Tint Question

Sorry about this new thread, I was trying to find an old thread with pictures of how the wing window is suppose to look like when properly tinted so I can show my tinter. They left that molding part untinted and it looks pretty ugly. Also, they don't want to do it again, even if I paid them extra for time. They told me I have to take the door apart and replace the molding if I do that part. Thanks for your help!
Old 11-12-2004, 08:49 AM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
This might help, but they can say all this proves is that someone else did it the way they want to do it, by removing the molding. How about a pic of yours? https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...highlight=wing
Old 11-12-2004, 04:30 PM
Advanced

thanks Ron A,

I don't have a digital camera, so I can't post a pic. I remember a thread were somebody posted his pic with the back wing window w/o tint on the molding. It look almost exactly the same. Do you know if its true that you have to take the door apart just to do the tint for the entire wing window?
Old 11-12-2004, 06:46 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by acurazy
thanks Ron A,

I don't have a digital camera, so I can't post a pic. I remember a thread were somebody posted his pic with the back wing window w/o tint on the molding. It look almost exactly the same. Do you know if its true that you have to take the door apart just to do the tint for the entire wing window?

My tint guy said with the molding the way it is the only way to tint the entire window is to remove the glass, or tint the outside! I guess I'll live with it.

Old 11-12-2004, 10:28 PM
Advanced

i finally found it. thanks to all that replied.

qwalls, thanks for posting the pic. check out the thread...

https://acurazine.com/forums/religion-politics-18/hussein-gives-us-shrug-off-97845/

hopefully we can do any easy fix to get rid of that mold line w/o tint. it really gets on my nerves seeing it. i will keep you updated on what happens
Old 11-14-2004, 07:25 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The shop who did my tint tucked the film under the rubber seal. I've seen some where the tint only covers the exposed area of the window. Leaving the the seal exposed looks llike crap, IMO. This post shows te3point5's 35% tint. Notice his wing window, the tint covers it entirely and doesn't show the seal. Some of the previous posters mentioned taking out the window and doing it right, the same thing could have been accomplished by tucking the film under the seal. I believe you didn't get your money's worth ...... take it back to the shop and ask them about it. Better yet, show them prints of some of the cars with tints and he can compare them. Read this post about the TL on TintDude
Old 11-14-2004, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
I checked and my tint goes completely under the rubber molding piece. I am pretty sure they didn't remove the molding piece, so they must have just tucked it under, like Hawhyen51 said above. I lifted up the soft plastic and still couldn't see the end of the tint. I guess it all depends on the shop and how good a job they want to do.

They only kept it one day, so I don't know if they removed the molding and then put it back, but they certainly didn't have time to get a replacement, and there is nothing wrong with the molding.