Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headliner Problem FIXED

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 02:19 AM
I don't have a Ferrari in

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Headliner Problem FIXED

According to a salesperson from Downey Acura (SoCal) they said the headliner has been fixed in the TLs that are coming out since June. She is the internet sales person and her name is like Cheryl or Shelly or something sorry

But she said that they used to put doublesided tape (true) and now they replaced it with soome kind of glue that prevents it from falling down.

However, when asked about the rattles and problems with the EL42s, she said she has never heard such a thing.
Old 06-16-2004, 02:30 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they were taught as little interns to act dumb when asked questions that there supervisor told them not to answer... well thats good news for all the new owners...
Old 06-16-2004, 06:36 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Originally Posted by MasterTL
According to a salesperson from Downey Acura (SoCal) they said the headliner has been fixed in the TLs that are coming out since June. She is the internet sales person and her name is like Cheryl or Shelly or something sorry

But she said that they used to put doublesided tape (true) and now they replaced it with soome kind of glue that prevents it from falling down.

However, when asked about the rattles and problems with the EL42s, she said she has never heard such a thing.
Sorry to be the wet towel. I just picked my TL up from dealer to have headliner repaired. He goes through and tells me that Acura has a fix that they are now implementing - I get all excited, we go outside to look at the repairs - and what a surprise - (not to me) the headliner is already hanging down - right there still on the lot!! Guy scratches his head - what they are using is a different type of velcro - still velcro, but does not have the white foam-like double-sided tape - it is a smooth, hard plastic backing - smooth probably not helping the glue adhere. The glue he said is simply the epoxy that you mix the two together - in fact he gave me a couple to take cause even though they offered to fix again - I said no, I want my car back - I am quite capable of glueing it myself and this time I will let it cure in the garage out of the sun etc. You know, for anyone who is not a DIYer like I am, don't be shy, these guys are no different than any of us - in fact sometimes they are worse cause it is not their car they are working on. Hopefully, coming off the line the glue will have had proper time to cure etc and the new VINs will be OK. I am looking into drilling a hole in the top bracket and somehow connecting the liner to the bracket. First I will give my epoxy fix another shot since last time the white backing gave way - not the glue.

Man, it felt so good tho driving it this morning. Ever wonder if you made a mistake buying your TL, get a loaner, then drive your car again - pure heaven.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:06 AM
You touch my tra la la...

What do salespeople know?
Old 06-16-2004, 08:15 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Originally Posted by GaleForce
What do salespeople know?
about as much as the service people - zippo
Old 06-16-2004, 09:24 AM
The Oracle of Acurazine!