3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have any Canadian TL owners received their transmission recall notices?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 07:11 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have any Canadian TL owners received their transmission recall notices?

I purchased my TL in Oct 2003 and because it is an early build I expect that I will get a transmission recall notice from Acura Canada. I haven't yet received it so I was wondering if any other Canadians have received their recall notice.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They said the recalls would be mailed in about 3 months. I got my car in October also and they installed the oil jet kit last week when I went for my first oil change. No big deal and they had it in stock.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:23 PM
Club Abyss Member

nothing in the mail for me.....mine was built February 2004.....delivered April 3.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:00 PM
5th Gear

I am happy to say that I havn't received a recall notice either. No transmission problems or, for that matter, ANYTHING negative about my TL. Does this problem affect only the earlier models? Mine was built in May, been driving it since June.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:31 AM
mic
10th Gear

I emailed Acura Canada about it and got this response

Good Day Mr. XXXX,

This will acknowledge and thank you for your recent e-mail regarding
your 2004 Acura TL bearing VIN:XXXXXXXXXXX804081.

We can confirm that at this time, there are no outstanding recall
campaigns on your vehicle.

<snip>

If the recalls aren't being sent out for another three months, then the statement could be a little misleading as to them the recall campaign doesn't start until they start sending out the notices.

I'm going in today to have my rear lip spoiler installed, I'll ask the dealer about it.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:29 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
US Acura.com has the shortcut to Owner Link, which will provide the updated recall information. Does Candaian Acura site offer the similar feature? Thanks.

Anyone knows Canadian 04TL's recall details or VINs range yet?
Old 07-29-2004, 01:43 PM
Cruisin'

Oh...

So, rets, the VIN#s in the service bulletin you've posted in the garage are for US models only and not for North Americas models?

Thanks.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:47 PM

Boltjames says no recall exists. The TL is the greatest thing since the space shuttle. And the TL can get you into space faster.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:47 PM
Team Nighthawk Water Boy

my last 4 digits of my vin is 1081
Old 07-29-2004, 01:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rets
US Acura.com has the shortcut to Owner Link, which will provide the updated recall information. Does Candaian Acura site offer the similar feature? Thanks.

Anyone knows Canadian 04TL's recall details or VINs range yet?

Not the Canadian site that I could find. All you have to do is call Acura customer service, give them your VIN # and they will tell you on the spot whether your car is part of the recall.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:59 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by 2004Tru3Lov3
So, rets, the VIN#s in the service bulletin you've posted in the garage are for US models only and not for North Americas models?

Thanks.

Right... for US models only... sorry.

Jss1, thanks.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:34 PM
Pro

I called my dealership in Toronto today and asked about the recall. I am affected by it because it affects the first 1000 04TL's that were built for Canada. Thus VIN's xxxxxxxxxx1000 and less are affected. He said they have the parts and will do whatever is needed at my oil change next week.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:02 PM
Cruisin'

My VIN# is 19UUA66294A800**7 and I called Customer Relations today and I was told that my car is flagged for this tranny safety recall. My bloody dealership won't admit it earlier but when I called again and told them what CR has told me, the guy I talked to told me to just wait until I receive my notification letter.

Another thing... Back in Feb, I reported to them that the seat memory loses the settings -- lamp indicator is not lighted and the seat & side mirrors won't adjust when the car is unlocked using the remote and the door is opened. Since it is very difficult to reproduce the problem when I brought the car in, they said that they will just log my issue and will contact me if Acura-Canada acknowledges the problem -- I haven't received any call from them.

In this forum, I found out that Acura-US has already acknowledged the problem (SB 04-005) and they have a fix for it.

I mentioned this to my dealership and was told that they haven't received any information from Acura-Canada. But when I was talking to CR, the guy told me that they know the seat memory problem and they've already informed all the dealerships and the dealerships know how to fix it, too -- replace the power seat control module!

Does any Canadian owner here have the same seat memory problem? Did you have it fixed yet?

Lower Mainland acura car owners, do you have any experience with Richmond-Acura dealership's service department?

Thanks.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:06 PM
Team Nighthawk Water Boy

No memory problems yet maybe because i drive the TL of the time. Richmond Acura service = :sqntfawk:

I think Burrard (sp) and Lougheed Acura is better
Old 07-30-2004, 11:30 PM
Instructor

My VIN# is 19UUA66294A800**7 and I called Customer Relations today and I was told that my car is flagged for this tranny safety recall. My bloody dealership won't admit it earlier but when I called again and told them what CR has told me, the guy I talked to told me to just wait until I receive my notification letter.

Another thing... Back in Feb, I reported to them that the seat memory loses the settings -- lamp indicator is not lighted and the seat & side mirrors won't adjust when the car is unlocked using the remote and the door is opened. Since it is very difficult to reproduce the problem when I brought the car in, they said that they will just log my issue and will contact me if Acura-Canada acknowledges the problem -- I haven't received any call from them.

In this forum, I found out that Acura-US has already acknowledged the problem (SB 04-005) and they have a fix for it.

I mentioned this to my dealership and was told that they haven't received any information from Acura-Canada. But when I was talking to CR, the guy told me that they know the seat memory problem and they've already informed all the dealerships and the dealerships know how to fix it, too -- replace the power seat control module!

Does any Canadian owner here have the same seat memory problem? Did you have it fixed yet?

Lower Mainland acura car owners, do you have any experience with Richmond-Acura dealership's service department?

Thanks.
I just had my memory problem fixed by Acura today. No hassles. My hassle is still with the leather on my rear seats. All stretched and baggy after one trip. They have ordered new 'skins' but they came in 'damaged' and have been re-ordered. Also not happy with the 'pitting' of paint on the front portion of the rear wheel wells where the flair out.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:44 AM
Pro

Your dealership should be aware of the memory seat problem. I've had mine fixed months ago. You might want to consider going to another dealership if there is another near you. Otherwise, tell them that other Canadian TL owners have had their memory seat module replaced. I've had no problems with the memory seat settings at all since the module was fixed.
Old 07-31-2004, 10:37 AM
Cruisin'

I have the memory seat issue. I bought through burrard acura and on wednesday my car is going in for it's second scheduled service AND to have the memory module replaced. They've known about the memory seat issue for quite some time (I mentioned it on my first service appointment). I'll post again after the service next week
Old 08-03-2004, 03:00 PM
Cruisin'

I had an oil change (scheduled maintenance) last Saturday. I mentioned to the service rep about the seat memory problem and the safety recall on the tranny and I told him that I already talked to customer relations and I was told that these 2 problems do exist. The rep booked me on an August 12 appointment to "check" these 2 problems.

I believe that the service rep who I talked to at the dealership on Saturday was the same person I talked to on the phone last week and the one who denied that they've received any information from Acura Canada about the seat memory problem. ****ing liar!
Old 08-05-2004, 05:30 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by RainCityTL
I have the memory seat issue. I bought through burrard acura and on wednesday my car is going in for it's second scheduled service AND to have the memory module replaced. They've known about the memory seat issue for quite some time (I mentioned it on my first service appointment). I'll post again after the service next week
Service went well. Memory seems to hold (for now). No issues from Burrard Acura
Old 08-06-2004, 10:13 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by RainCityTL
Service went well. Memory seems to hold (for now). No issues from Burrard Acura
Do they have to test it first in front of you and prove that it loses the memory before they fixed it. That's the impression that I got from the customer relations rep that I talked to when I called Acura Canada's 1-800 number.

And on the next service appointment that I got last Saturday when I brought my car for its first scheduled maintenance, it states that they will 'check' the seat memory problem on Aug 12 (together with the tranny recall fix). What's up with that?! Why can't they just say that they will fix or replace the bloody module! The service rep told me to bring all the keys and remote, including the vallet key, and said that I should be able to demonstrate the problem to the technician before they fix it. What if I can't? It's unpredictable! Will they fix it anyway? I hope they do...
Old 08-09-2004, 04:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Recall notice came today. Thanks to the dealer the transmission was fixed two weeks ago.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:24 PM
Intermediate

I have not received tranny recall notice as of today vin ends in 3XXX series. Called dealer today and response was that not all vehicles are impacted, this is hard to believe as TL has had tranny problems for a few years, and all of a sudden it is resolved! Anyone had any dealings with Acura East in Pickering?, Good or Bad.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:37 PM
Drifting

just got it in the mail today
Old 08-09-2004, 06:55 PM
2nd Gear

my car has been stalling!!!!

my TL hasn't been good to me lately. l had the car for about 3 months with about 4000km. the car has stalled in my about 4 times the first month l owned it. me or my wife would be driving the car and the car would totally shut down. kinda of freaky and dangerous. the car would be in motion then it'll just die. the car will start up again, but still unsafe. this is an automatic transmission, it shouldn't stall like that.
l took it to the dealership early july and they said there was nothing wrong. it ran fine until this weekend. l took it back to the dealership and they told me that it was the throttle body. they are replacing it and l hope the problem goes away.
l didn't hear about any recalls on the tranny. l hope there won't be anymore problems.
just wondering if any other 2004 TL owners experience this problem. or am l just the unluck own.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:06 PM
Intermediate

What are the symptoms on the recall?
Old 08-10-2004, 06:15 PM
Intermediate

I got my recall letter in the mail yesterday.

EDMONTON ALBERTA

I purchased my car mid november
Old 08-11-2004, 08:21 AM
Pro

There are likely no symptoms yet on any 04 TL's with the recall. All they are doing is adding an oil jet to the second gear to prevent a problem with over heating or wear. If the recall wasn't done, I would expect that eventually there would be a problem with second gear locking up or something of that nature.
Old 08-13-2004, 06:37 PM
Moderator Alumnus

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90445
Old 08-13-2004, 10:20 PM
Cruisin'

I brought my car yesterday, Aug 12th. They've installed the oil jet kit and replaced the seamt memory module. I hope that fixes it!

BTW, I received the recall notice on Aug 11th.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:43 PM
Intermediate

Thanks.

I've had the same memory seating problems.... i brought into service twice about the issue and the dealer said that theres nothing wrong.....this problem actually hasnt happened for a while ....but should i still mention it next time im in for service?