3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Happy Birthday to my car (nervous father)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 12:04 PM
Anthracite Trend Setter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Happy Birthday to my car (nervous father)

well my beautiful baby is being built as I type. It's goint to be great.
In 5-10 days I will have a new Anthracite/ Quartz/ auto/ nav
hopefully 5, not 10. wait is killing me

I am now officially submitting my initiation papers to Mike Smeezy to join the most powerful most respected group of all forums: Team Anthracite
WE RULE!

Here are my biggest concerns so make me feel better and alleviate them before delivery please.

1) Tires: I don't care so much about performance as most, just like a nice ride and decent grip. Flat spotting and noise will piss me off and I shouldn't need to buy new tires after paying all the money for the car!

2) Paint: stupid crappy quality paint is easy to damage. For those of us who expect to have this car a long time = awful looking exterior. You can only be so careful. <sigh>
Old 03-31-2004, 01:11 PM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
congrats moreace. i have the "new" el42's and they don't vibrate but the tires are pretty crappy. they don't hold the road as much as i would like. the are decent tires but far from good tires. so if you don't care about performance then they should be fine for you. i think i am going to get rid of them. i was ok with them at first but 1200 miles in and i am not liking them more and more.
Old 03-31-2004, 01:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Poor little naive me has to ask, what on gods earth are people doing to say that the EL42's don't hold as much as they'd like. I've done on/off ramps/turns at 85+ miles an hour. I've danced inbetween lanes at 100+. I regularly scoot down neighborhood streets at well over 25/35 and stay right in my lane, wet or dry, turns or whatnot. I know there is stickier rubber out there, but some of the turns and arcs that I've taken in this car at 85 and up have stuck to the ground like glue. I can't fathom the tricks people are trying to do in this thing, makes me think they should have gotten a 911 or something more serious.
Old 03-31-2004, 02:01 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Lightbulb

Congratulations, again. Trading those new EL42s for the better tires will be the best solution for you and your new baby. For paint... Don't know.

BTW, don't forget to post the info if you get ideas how to install Rear-View Camera integrated with Navi...
Old 03-31-2004, 02:05 PM
Anthracite Trend Setter

Originally Posted by rets
Congratulations, again. Trading those new EL42s for the better tires will be the best solution for you and your new baby. For paint... Don't know.

BTW, don't forget to post the info if you get ideas how to install Rear-View Camera integrated with Navi...
That is your job, I am gonna be talking to Ron at Street Effects too. Wanna make sure no problems before I do anything
Old 03-31-2004, 02:16 PM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sherlock
Poor little naive me has to ask, what on gods earth are people doing to say that the EL42's don't hold as much as they'd like. I've done on/off ramps/turns at 85+ miles an hour. I've danced inbetween lanes at 100+. I regularly scoot down neighborhood streets at well over 25/35 and stay right in my lane, wet or dry, turns or whatnot. I know there is stickier rubber out there, but some of the turns and arcs that I've taken in this car at 85 and up have stuck to the ground like glue. I can't fathom the tricks people are trying to do in this thing, makes me think they should have gotten a 911 or something more serious.
i came from a bmw with summer tires on they stuck alot better. ok maybe my opinion is not the same as yours but this is my impression of the tires. i said they were decent tires for the car just not something i am willing to stay with. i know these are not summer tires and i can't compare the 2 but from what i have read from other members who have switched to Pilot Sports they claim its a world of difference.