haha this forum is great

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004 | 03:01 PM
Shift_faster

Originally Posted by rets
Yes.

I may not agree with all you've said, but I respect your right of speech. If I like it, I reply. If not, I ignore it. If it hurts ppl, I shut it down.

:o
I like that philosophy.
Old 06-26-2004 | 12:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NightRider
Norse and BJ, you silly silly men, it sure is funny to see you guys go at it. I just want to say I am young, and yes I do drive fairly aggressively. Not because of this car, but more that this is just my driving style. This is where I don't understand Acura's demographic predictions - I work for an IT company, don't make $80K a year yet, and 40 years old? Try cutting that in half! I bought this car not to have a race car, but because it's nice all around. I have a couple squeaks and rattles, but they are surely not because of driving too hard. This is not a luxury car or a sports car. For the poeple who think you should baby this car, rightfully so but it has an agressive look, 270HP, and sport tuning for a reason! If I wanted just a "cruiser" car like this is apparently supposed to be, I would have gotten an ES330. Don't go crazy, but give a little credit and drive the car like it is built for.

By the way, I do complain about my rattles and such because this is my first NEW car and I expect it to be fairly problem free and reliable, that's why I bought an Acura. I don't expect it to be a tank like a Rolls Royce, but quality is not too much to ask, damn it!
Very well said!
Old 06-26-2004 | 02:50 PM
dumber than a box of hair

Originally Posted by boltjames
The vast majority of TL owners are happy 40 year olds who drive the car normally.
1) Please quote where you found the statistics on the ages of TL owners.

2) Please define "normally."

3) Please tell us how your head fits through the doorway.

:sqnteek:
Old 06-26-2004 | 09:28 PM
Racer

TL Gator: I guess GaleForce took his Tra La La, but it back in and went home!?
Old 06-26-2004 | 09:57 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by SidS1045
1) Please quote where you found the statistics on the ages of TL owners.

2) Please define "normally."

3) Please tell us how your head fits through the doorway.

:sqnteek:
1. I am not quoting the statistics on the ages of TL owners. More importantly, I am quoting Acura's own demographic profile of the person they designed and built the car for. I can tell you that 9 out of the 10 TL drivers I see on the road look like 46 year old high school teachers.

2. Driving the car "normally" is pretty simple. You get in it. You turn the key. You drive 10 mph above the speed limit. If you see a cop, you take your foot off the gas instead of hitting the brakes. You drive in as safe and straight a line as possible. You don't tailgate. You don't give the finger to the soccer mom in the minivan doing 50 in the fast lane. You don't weave in and out of traffic. You don't view tollbooths as the starting line of the Illinois 400. You don't seek twisty roads just for the sake of driving them; if you do find a windy road, you are extra conservative so as to not injure yourself or another driver. You trust the stock suspension, tires, transmission, exhaust, and powertrain. You see no reason to mod the car because if it wasn't 100% the car you wanted, you never would have bought it to begin with. You view the car as transportation, not an amusement park.

3. Don't worry about my head. Worry about your ass. Why? As a 53 year old, you're supposed to be driving an RL and right now its planted in the wrong vehicle.

BJ
Old 06-26-2004 | 10:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Boltjames, I think you have a personality disorder, and if everyone tells you that you're annoying, it maybe true. find out what is bugging you so much and do something about it, then maybe the thorn will come out of your side and you can join everybody on a lighter note.
Old 06-26-2004 | 11:04 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by rondog
Boltjames, I think you have a personality disorder
Old 06-26-2004 | 11:33 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by rondog
Boltjames, I think you have a personality disorder, and if everyone tells you that you're annoying, it maybe true. find out what is bugging you so much and do something about it, then maybe the thorn will come out of your side and you can join everybody on a lighter note.
I have no thorn in my side nor do I have a desire to bug people. This forum is for expressing views on the 2004 TL and if I turn out to be but one of a handful of people who are very happy with their rattle-free cars, then why shouldn't I be as allowed to represent that positive message as those who are unhappy with their rattly cars being allowed to spew negativity in the forum?

A newbie writes "just got my TL today....boy do I love this car!" and you'll write back "welcome aboard.....congrats......you'll love it!"

I write "I love the TL and I think the reason that I, and countless thousands more, don't have any issues is because we don't drive it as aggressively as some of the folks in here" and you'll write "you've got a personality disorder and bug people."

I understand that this forum is frequented by so-called "enthusiasts" who live for making mods on their cars and jousting soccer mom's on the way to WalMart for sport. That's cool. I don't understand it, but it's cool. There's a place for we so-called "non-enthusiasts" who bought an affordable and slick luxury car that has a touch of sportiness to express our views too. We don't care for bodykits, we don't know what CAI means, and we don't understand the passion about rattles because our cars just don't rattle. I spend most of my time in here contributing on topics unrelated to quality and my "lighter side" has been displayed countless times too. On occassion, I'll chime in on the weekly "why I hate my TL" threads just to give newbies the chance to hear the other side of the argument- the TL is a great car that doesn't have quality issues by those who drive it in a normal, conservative fashion. BFD. Why is this so controversial to you?

BJ
Old 06-26-2004 | 11:36 PM
Moderator Alumnus

You guys are crazy...