Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gun Safe in '06 TL

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 09:04 AM
Its good to be FRESH!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TL_Trooper
Some states do not allow lawful citizens to carry their weapon in the open, whether holstered or not.
like new york. then check the crime rates for all those states and you will see that stripping the rights away from an individual, is detrimental to the whole. THere is also reciprocity, where other states honor your CHL/CHP
Old 07-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by philly fresh
because he stated there are places he cannot carry, which are probably businesses, which is why i brought that up. in texas we have a 30.06 sign that if display, is illegal to carry.

thats because the feds are run by a bunch of liberals. if you are referring the recent sentencing to death, yes we do not give a sh*t what others want when you kill a Texan. funny how it was someone with a liberal agenda tried to ask for a stay. just trying to garner a vote.

texas may be interepreted as less leinent than VA but we require you go through the correct steps so that you can excercise your rights. (crappy we have to ask our servents for permission)we can also carry in restaurants where alcohol is served. just not in bars. its the 51% law. where51% of their business comes from alcohol sales. sucks that the commonwealth doesnt have bars. the voters can eventually change that, but i guess as a servent you learn to deal with it.

i would never open carry. thats like drawing a target on your back. im assuming anyone can open carry weather responsible or not in VA.
Yeah, I was referring to the recent execution that Texas undertook this week. But there have been other issues as well; as their currently fight with the EPA about building power plants. I admire the fortitude and perseverance of the good people of Texas to put their state first.

We don't have bars in Virginia but we certainly do have restaurants where alcohol is sold for consumption on the premises. As for open carrying I disagree with you about "drawing a target on your back". The way I see it is it is a good thing to have both options available and I do practice both, though more often I do OC because of my knees. Osteoarthritis prevents me from fighting or if necessary, running as I was once capable of doing.

As for irresponsible people who might choose to open carry, one might suggest the same concern would exist for those who would carry concealed. In fact, here everyone I know who OC's has a CHP so that is a no brainer.

A few weeks ago, I wrote some of these same things on a thread and someone from New Jersey said that doing what I do in that state could get me thrown to the ground or shot. My feeling about that one is why in the hell would someone want to live in such a place to begin with where they are not free to exercise their rights? States like that have one heck of a lot of innocent blood on their hands for having laws on the books which only serve to get honest people injured or killed. You have to wonder when their citizens are going to wake up and throw the bastards out who have done these things to them. Better yet send them to prison where they can become some street maggot's hump boy.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Its good to be FRESH!!

well what would you rather have done to a person who was here illegally and killed a citizen? he exhausted every measure available to him at the expense of a taxpayers. As far as the EPA is concerned, they are a joke. Its a government run organization for the financial gain of the companies in the govt's back pocket. ie; GE and GM. Maybe you like wind power because its clean energy, but its funny how that group of people forget how much pollution is created by the manuf. of those turbines and how they are innefficient for the price tag that comes with them. its been proven, much like green cars like the prius. that over a 10 year span its much cheaper and cleaner to just buy a gas model.

i dont see how oc helps with your arthritis but i will take your word for it, as i assume you are my senior and have your reasons.

i brought up the OC thing was because it sounded like you dont need a license to carry, just one to carry concealed. if i were a bad guy the first person i would target on would be the one that has a visible weapon on his/her side.

i cannot give a reason for why the live in those states, claim that they are the best, then complain they have no rights and cost of living in so high. new york and california. the laws they think will help the people, actually only help the criminals. which is why i will not be a patron to business, resturants, or facilities that are against my second amendment right. will not put the lives of my family or friends in jeopardy.

they will never wake up. they are lemmings and will continue to require their state govt to walk them by the hand. and if they get thrown out they still get thier pensions.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Registered Member

well what would you rather have done to a person who was here illegally and killed a citizen? he exhausted every measure available to him at the expense of a taxpayers. As far as the EPA is concerned, they are a joke. Its a government run organization for the financial gain of the companies in the govt's back pocket. ie; GE and GM. Maybe you like wind power because its clean energy, but its funny how that group of people forget how much pollution is created by the manuf. of those turbines and how they are innefficient for the price tag that comes with them. its been proven, much like green cars like the prius. that over a 10 year span its much cheaper and cleaner to just buy a gas model.

i dont see how oc helps with your arthritis but i will take your word for it, as i assume you are my senior and have your reasons.

i brought up the OC thing was because it sounded like you dont need a license to carry, just one to carry concealed. if i were a bad guy the first person i would target on would be the one that has a visible weapon on his/her side.

i cannot give a reason for why the live in those states, claim that they are the best, then complain they have no rights and cost of living in so high. new york and california. the laws they think will help the people, actually only help the criminals. which is why i will not be a patron to business, resturants, or facilities that are against my second amendment right. will not put the lives of my family or friends in jeopardy.

they will never wake up. they are lemmings and will continue to require their state govt to walk them by the hand. and if they get thrown out they still get thier pensions.
Hopefully son, you don't think I was some knee-jerk anti-capital punishment diaper wetting sensitive type who was crying over the state of Texas executing a murderer. If you do, you have the wrong person. I don't lose any sleep over ending the miserable life of some piece of subhuman trash who murders innocent people.

EPA is worse than that. Somehow I think you are confusing me with someone else.

As for OC'ing and osteoarthritis in my knees? A visible sidearm is a deterrent to someone who might wish to do me harm. It's like a wolf's teeth saying leave me alone and go find someone else to plunder or hurt. When concealed, I look like anyone else; a potential victim and in my case, that is a little more obvious because of my knees. So I prefer to wear a "sign" that tells the BG's to find another victim. As for an OC'er being a target, there are just no viable cases on which to rest this theory. It sounds good, but it has not been a problem for those who chose to OC... at least here in Virginia.

And businesses who do not welcome armed patrons are few where I live. I almost never see a "no gun/welcome criminal" sign in my area. There are a few, but you just don't run into them much at all here.. as in almost never. I also prefer not to patronize those places.

Across the Potomac River, we have Washington, DC and the state of Maryland. Both are bastions of vehement anti-civil rights laws. One would definitely NOT be advised to carry there if they want to stay out of jail. And glory be, both are high on the list of violent crimes committed against people there. Much higher than we have here in Virginia. Gee... I wonder why.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts
is this even legal here
Old 07-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
I live in texas...and i always have my glock 22 .40 cal on me [AT ALL TIMES]... i always have my 29 round clip on the gun and 22 round clip hidden inside under the headunit...

sometime you go places where you cant carry your firearm..i have difficulties hiding them...i dont want a holester sit in the opening like this at all

its like leaving your wallet out on your seat...telling thieves to come get it...

this is ok...but its taking too much room in the middle console

i wish TL's made a compartment box like my old 1999 Mercedes Benz ML 430 I had...

they had a small box under the passenger seat that just slides out like a small cabinet...and the power seats work fine even with the box there... the box is huge and you can lock it..its probally a 10in x 10in box...i can fit like my folders and notebook in there...

Other than that...i Just wrap my gun in a cloth and stick it under my seat... with my Carpet blocking the opening so you really cant tell if its there or not...i never get in trouble with the law so bad to where they search my car...i dont do drugs nor drink and drive...just speeding tickets...

my 2nd gen TL got broken into 4 times...they never found my gun...i had it hidden under the driver seat..using those sticky velcro ish stuff up onto the bottom of the seat...Under the headunit..and UNDER the steering wheel..

Originally Posted by paperboy42190
get some limo tints so u can leave it out in the open.
this is not a good idea...my 2nd gen TL i had limo tint my car got searched on the way to dallas when i passed up Conroe and Huntsville...A female cop pulled me over because i had 3% tint and thought i was trying to hide something so she searched my car.. and found nothing...she even ask me if i had any weapons or drugs on me that she needs to know of..i said no...but i hide my gun under the headunit at that time so she didnt find it...

In my opinion its hard to 100% conceal the gun in a car unless you leave it in the glove compartment...middle console...or you have a custom made compartment somewhere well hidden...

or just leave it somewhere where thieves wouldnt check when they break into your car...i leave my guns sometime UNDER MY STEERING WHEEL of my 3rd GEN TL...nobody ever checks there...its where all the wires is hidden behind the plastic cover..
Old 07-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Pro

But the gun is only under my seat or in my hiding spots if im in a government area or school areas...those places are well protected so noone would dare to break into your cars...but other than that its on me 100% of the time if i have the chance...

Leaving your gun in your car is something you shouldnt do...unless your in a well protected place...
Old 07-09-2011, 11:06 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
I like the hollowed out center console and the holster on the side of the center console if it weren't in plain view. It's important to keep it hidden, not really for law enforcement but from criminals. When I had a carjacking attempt fairly recently it would have been bad news had a gun been in view.

The way I understand it is the OP needs a safe to lock it up when he's out of the car unarmed, not a place to store it for immediate use, correct? This opens up more opportunities since speed is not important.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Pro

^^ i would have to agree with you...if thats all he just wanted it to be is to keep it in a safe place...

in my case i always need it for immediate use just in case...for speed purpose...
Old 07-10-2011, 12:12 AM
Blue Skies

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts
Where do you live, that an accessible weapon in your car is either intelligent or necessary?

I mean, seriously.

*Edit: I take back my initial assumption that you were attempting to tote for some outlandish "this is my given right" sort of reason. Inferring from your name, I looked into the Cincinnati crime rates and am not surprised you're interested in being armed.

My mistake.

Last edited by AirForceFX; 07-10-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:04 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AirForceFX
Where do you live, that an accessible weapon in your car is either intelligent or necessary?

I mean, seriously.

*Edit: I take back my initial assumption that you were attempting to tote for some outlandish "this is my given right" sort of reason. Inferring from your name, I looked into the Cincinnati crime rates and am not surprised you're interested in being armed.

My mistake.
The thing is, the chance of someone needing a gun is 0%... until it's 100%. For me, I would hate to ever be in a situation where I found myself saying, "oh shit" and not be armed. There are no guarantees in life and people are free to choose how they wish to go about (assuming they have not been robbed of their right to bear arms). Some of us choose to go armed, so don't don't. I have no problem with those who choose not to do this and I expect the same consideration from them for my choose to be armed.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:08 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by anionrings
I live in texas...and i always have my glock 22 .40 cal on me [AT ALL TIMES]... i always have my 29 round clip on the gun and 22 round clip hidden inside under the headunit...

sometime you go places where you cant carry your firearm..i have difficulties hiding them...i dont want a holester sit in the opening like this at all

its like leaving your wallet out on your seat...telling thieves to come get it...

this is ok...but its taking too much room in the middle console

i wish TL's made a compartment box like my old 1999 Mercedes Benz ML 430 I had...

they had a small box under the passenger seat that just slides out like a small cabinet...and the power seats work fine even with the box there... the box is huge and you can lock it..its probally a 10in x 10in box...i can fit like my folders and notebook in there...

Other than that...i Just wrap my gun in a cloth and stick it under my seat... with my Carpet blocking the opening so you really cant tell if its there or not...i never get in trouble with the law so bad to where they search my car...i dont do drugs nor drink and drive...just speeding tickets...

my 2nd gen TL got broken into 4 times...they never found my gun...i had it hidden under the driver seat..using those sticky velcro ish stuff up onto the bottom of the seat...Under the headunit..and UNDER the steering wheel..

this is not a good idea...my 2nd gen TL i had limo tint my car got searched on the way to dallas when i passed up Conroe and Huntsville...A female cop pulled me over because i had 3% tint and thought i was trying to hide something so she searched my car.. and found nothing...she even ask me if i had any weapons or drugs on me that she needs to know of..i said no...but i hide my gun under the headunit at that time so she didnt find it...

In my opinion its hard to 100% conceal the gun in a car unless you leave it in the glove compartment...middle console...or you have a custom made compartment somewhere well hidden...

or just leave it somewhere where thieves wouldnt check when they break into your car...i leave my guns sometime UNDER MY STEERING WHEEL of my 3rd GEN TL...nobody ever checks there...its where all the wires is hidden behind the plastic cover..
Glocks don't use clips; they use magazines. And are you sure of the round count for that model 22? Who makes a 22 and a 29-round mag for the G22?
Old 07-10-2011, 06:14 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AirForceFX

I mean, seriously.

My mistake.
I would like to add that it is never a good idea to leave a firearm in an unattended vehicle. Granted there are exceptions, but one should keep them at a minimum whenever possible. If your car gets stolen with a firearm in it, you just gave the perp a gun.

The OP has some decent options available to him for hard storage, but if the car is stolen and the storage device is found, it could be penetrated. One thing that might be a thought is to remove the magazine and the barrel... or perhaps the magazine and the slide when leaving the car in an area that is potentially not a safe place. Of course, in such places it is always best to have the gun on your person.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
Glocks don't use clips; they use magazines. And are you sure of the round count for that model 22? Who makes a 22 and a 29-round mag for the G22?
the 22 round its the ORGINAL GLOCK magazine for all 40 cal..it also have the Glock emblem on the bottom of the magazine like all of the original magazine..i call them clips..i guess its a slang in Texas??

the 29 magazine is an off brand magazine...its made in korea...it gets jammed sometime during the 28th round and 29th...so i only put 27 in it...
Old 07-10-2011, 02:10 PM

Received 5,920 Likes on 2,918 Posts
the 22 round its the ORGINAL GLOCK magazine for all 40 cal..it also have the Glock emblem on the bottom of the magazine like all of the original magazine..i call them clips..i guess its a slang in Texas??

the 29 magazine is an off brand magazine...its made in korea...it gets jammed sometime during the 28th round and 29th...so i only put 27 in it...
That size magazine is certainly conceivable if your Glock is a full size frame. I have a Glock 19, which is a compact frame 9MM and its standard magazine carries 15 rounds. BTW, it will fit down in the lower armrest area in the TL just fine. One advantage to a little smaller framed weapon.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Registered Member

I think you might have that a bit off there. The Glock 22 makes use of the .40S&W cartridge with a standard 15-round magazine and an optional 17-round piece. I'm not saying that there might be higher capacity mags available for it but not as the standard issue magazines for this model. A 22-round magazine, and especially a 29-round unit, is going to hang quite a bit below the guns mag well opening and is not going to be very holster or carry friendly.

And a 22-round magazine was most definitely not the original mag for the Glock 23 or the Glock 27.

I do have a 33-round Glock factory magazine for my Glock 19 but I didn't buy it for that gun. I bought it for my Kel-Tec Sub-2000.

As for clips vs magazines, there is a MAJOR difference between these devices.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:12 PM

Received 5,920 Likes on 2,918 Posts
Ease up...I think those terms get used (rather loosely) in an interchangeable fashion quite often.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ttribe
Ease up...I think those terms get used (rather loosely) in an interchangeable fashion quite often.
Only by those who are not intimate or well versed in the gun culture.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Pro

I think you might have that a bit off there. The Glock 22 makes use of the .40S&W cartridge with a standard 15-round magazine and an optional 17-round piece. I'm not saying that there might be higher capacity mags available for it but not as the standard issue magazines for this model. A 22-round magazine, and especially a 29-round unit, is going to hang quite a bit below the guns mag well opening and is not going to be very holster or carry friendly.

And a 22-round magazine was most definitely not the original mag for the Glock 23 or the Glock 27.

I do have a 33-round Glock factory magazine for my Glock 19 but I didn't buy it for that gun. I bought it for my Kel-Tec Sub-2000.

i clearly 100% know this....but like i said its like a slang...

magazine (Texas Slang)--> Clip

You All (Texas Slang) --> Y'ALL!

Also i know..when i bought my glock..it came with two 15 round clip(Magazine)...theres the extended clip for the pinky finger that holds up to 17 bullets...

true that these high capacity magazine are not made for the handgun..but the rifles...however they fit perfectly and work fine without jamming...only for the glock factory magazines though...

i tried a few SW magazine in my glock 22..they work fine...but i rather use the magazines with the glock label on them so just in case it doesnt jam or some sort...

when i first used the 29 round clip..it jammed on the last two bullet a lot...i try to avoid using this clip at all cost...but its nice just to have before they discontinue making them...

but using the 22 round clip...it doesnt poke out as much...i usually have a conceal holster that sits inside my pants..and its always around my belly...so the poke doesnt bother me much unless the gun is on my side...

Old 07-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Pro

Even with this extended clip..it still fits in my Middle console..and under my steering wheel with no problem at all...
Old 07-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Its good to be FRESH!!

didnt think you were that type considering you are for your second amendment rights and OC. i see you point with the OC, just strikes me as weird since we arent allowed to OC here unless you are on your own property. situational awareness is something i practice so i dont find myself between a rock and a hard place.

like southernboy said, its a term used only by those unfamiliar with a firearms and their terminology. similar to asking someone who carries condition 1. im from texas, have served, and know without a doubt we dont use "clip" as a slang.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Its good to be FRESH!!

bullets are contained within the cartridge/round. if you had a FTF or FTE on the last two rounds then there may be something wrong with either your follower or a worn out spring. i also highly doubt that you carry concealed with that.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Registered Member

didnt think you were that type considering you are for your second amendment rights and OC. i see you point with the OC, just strikes me as weird since we arent allowed to OC here unless you are on your own property. situational awareness is something i practice so i dont find myself between a rock and a hard place.

like southernboy said, its a term used only by those unfamiliar with a firearms and their terminology. similar to asking someone who carries condition 1. im from texas, have served, and know without a doubt we dont use "clip" as a slang.
I do hope anionrings doesn't think I am picking on him or trying to get his dander up. Nothing of the sort, gentlemen. The way I see it we're all here to help one another, though on some of the forums you wouldn't think that was the case.

For my Texans friends, we say y'all here in Virginia too. Remember, Virginia IS part of the South. I know you folks in Texas can't open carry and that really is a shame. There are times when it is to your advantage to OC and times when CC is your better mode. For us, open carry is the norm and poses absolutely few if any problems. For example, yesterday there was a post Fourth of July vender celebration in our town and a block was cordoned off for the venders and pedestrians. There were state police, town police, and the mayor was present and none of them said anything to me about my little friend. Not a stare, glare, or comment.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
I have to laugh at you guys (in a jealous way) arguing about these little things that might be or might not be legal. I live in California which is humorous in itself. Luckily in a redneck town that shares many of the same values the more southernly people do. They were practically giving away CCW permits at one time but I waited too long. I'm from the Gulf Coast so I have a little wider perspective than many that are from here.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Pro

Oh No.. i do not thinking that anyone was picking on me..i was just trying to tell everyone that its a southern slang that "I" grew up saying...

i live in port arthur texas.. the people i grew up with calls them clip... i have friends that are cops and in the fire department laugh at me cause i call them clip...however they used to call them clips too...

I highly apologize if i sounded an ass..i did not mean to...i really didnt
Old 07-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Its good to be FRESH!!

I do hope anionrings doesn't think I am picking on him or trying to get his dander up. Nothing of the sort, gentlemen. The way I see it we're all here to help one another, though on some of the forums you wouldn't think that was the case.

For my Texans friends, we say y'all here in Virginia too. Remember, Virginia IS part of the South. I know you folks in Texas can't open carry and that really is a shame. There are times when it is to your advantage to OC and times when CC is your better mode. For us, open carry is the norm and poses absolutely few if any problems. For example, yesterday there was a post Fourth of July vender celebration in our town and a block was cordoned off for the venders and pedestrians. There were state police, town police, and the mayor was present and none of them said anything to me about my little friend. Not a stare, glare, or comment.
see, this would be so cool if OC was an option here for such occasions. not sure if you are familiar with the term "bbq gun" but im sure you have one for such days. on the fence about ordering a tucker leather holster with all the bells and whistles. thnk my order had come to like 485 dollars. but ive seen people here in houston with western wear that is much more adorned and far more expensive, especially boots.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:44 AM
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Arizona has the most lenient gun laws I have ever heard of now. We can carry concealed anywhere we want unless the appropriate sign is posted including government buildings, college campuses, banks, businesses that sell alcohol by the drink, national parks, and wildlife refugees. Concealed carry permits are no longer required.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Toddy
Arizona has the most lenient gun laws I have ever heard of now. We can carry concealed anywhere we want unless the appropriate sign is posted including government buildings, college campuses, banks, businesses that sell alcohol by the drink, national parks, and wildlife refugees. Concealed carry permits are no longer required.
We can also carry open or concealed to all of those places. I think it's super that Arizona went the route of Alaska and Vermont in doing away with concealed carry permits. Seems to me your state constitution IS your permit as is ours in my opinion. It's unconscionable to have to ask our servants for permission to exercise such a basic, fundamental right.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:36 AM
Registered Member

see, this would be so cool if OC was an option here for such occasions. not sure if you are familiar with the term "bbq gun" but im sure you have one for such days. on the fence about ordering a tucker leather holster with all the bells and whistles. thnk my order had come to like 485 dollars. but ive seen people here in houston with western wear that is much more adorned and far more expensive, especially boots.
I have not heard the term, "bbq gun" but I can imagine from the context of your post that would be a hogleg (Single Action Army Revolver). Perhaps one of the most beautiful and well-balanced handguns ever devised.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:43 AM
Registered Member

Oh No.. i do not thinking that anyone was picking on me..i was just trying to tell everyone that its a southern slang that "I" grew up saying...

i live in port arthur texas.. the people i grew up with calls them clip... i have friends that are cops and in the fire department laugh at me cause i call them clip...however they used to call them clips too...

I highly apologize if i sounded an ass..i did not mean to...i really didnt
We're good and you're fine, my friend. And you are certainly no ass in your posts. Firearm's nomenclature is something many, if not most, of us steeped in the gun culture take seriously. And we do this partly because of the reckless, irresponsible, and ignorant use of fallacious terminologies employed by the entertainment and news media. The general public, particularly the non-gun owning public, hears these terms and takes them as gospel when in fact they are either used erroneously or completely in error. This does no good for our side and paints all manner of suppositions and outright lies and disinformation in the minds of many.

This is why we are a bit more fastidious in our use of firearms terminology and labels. Not because we try to set ourselves up as know-it-all's but because we try to dispel falsehoods and bad information.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by I hate cars
I have to laugh at you guys (in a jealous way) arguing about these little things that might be or might not be legal. I live in California which is humorous in itself. Luckily in a redneck town that shares many of the same values the more southernly people do. They were practically giving away CCW permits at one time but I waited too long. I'm from the Gulf Coast so I have a little wider perspective than many that are from here.
I feel for you folks in California who's leanings are more in line with traditional American values. Sadly, your numbers are dwindling in that state.