3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my ass handed to me by a GS430

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,237 Likes on 1,024 Posts
Congrats to you on having to commute on 15 everyday. Not so sure I would be keen on 80+ MPH on that road though. On ramps are a plenty and not much room for error - but a great ride nonetheless.

I ate an I30t the other day on my way into work.........
Old 04-20-2005, 07:07 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My family has a GS400 and TL (the TL is mine). I know for sure the GS is faster in any forum, especially at 80mph+ speeds. Basically, the theme of the day is: it better be faster for 300hp 300tq, and +$20k

The TL is definitely no slouch though, as we all know.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:50 PM
Licking Platters Clean

Originally Posted by traidsganster
No offense taken , that is why I have 3 cars CLICK EHRE 1 FOR long distance chilling, 1 for weekend roar and one from and to work as a beater

But yes, the GS430 is a very nice car. But to me, that's too family like. I need something that won't make me feel like I'm driving a BOAT.

Sweet, I don't know about everyone here, but I like the white one.

I'll second that boat comment as well. After test driving the GS, I felt like I got out of a Camry into a responsive sports sedan.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME
Congrats to you on having to commute on 15 everyday. Not so sure I would be keen on 80+ MPH on that road though. On ramps are a plenty and not much room for error - but a great ride nonetheless.

....try an I35 next time.

Originally Posted by HuKaShi
So I was driving in to work and I have a nice 45 minute commute and a nice road to drive down on. For those of you who know the Merritt Parkway in Connecticut, its a nice fun twisty type road.

I saw a Lexus GS merge on behind me. I quickly glanced ahead of me and then to my right and to my surprise he was already next to me. He gave me a nod and then took off. At this point, I didn't know it was the V8 version. His car was silver and I couldn't make out the numbers on the back of his trunk. Now I was already doing 80 on this parkway. He took off from 80 and must have hit 120 in a matter of like 3-4 seconds. And so for alittle fun, I took off after him. We come up on a cluster of cars and we slowly navigate through them. As soon as we get through we take off again. MY GOD THAT THING IS FAST. Now at this point, I know its a GS430 with the V8. I'm speeding up from about 70 and just reaching 120 where he is about a good 6 car lengths ahead of me. It looked so effortless for him. He would then slow down cause we came up on another cluster of cars. And then as soon as we clear them, take off again. He did this to me 5 times.

We then came up on my exit and I slowed down to exit. He waved and gave me the blinkers and took off. He wasn't a jerk about it so it was cool. I have been humbled by that Lexus.

I'm thinking honda needs to wake up and make some V8's. They can say to themselves all they want that a V6 will do fine but I saw first hand what a Japanese V8 can do.
Nice account Hukashi. BTW, the new ones are 2006MY.

I know the Merritt Pkwy/Wilbur Cross very well from my days as a Hertz vehicle transporter. We used to run cars (mainly Toyota Camrys) from Port Newark to an auction site north of Hartford and would drive that stretch flatout.

As for the GS430, even the outgoing ones (98-05) are highway beasts. Perspective, the current GS300 is good for a 140mph+ topend. In this case, you clearly could have benefited from having the 6MT. Nice run nonetheless. The only time I've had a run (with my 02 Maxima) where I 'helplessly' watched some walk me (non-track) was with a C5...even then, I just wanted to see him run.

Originally Posted by avs007
I have to agree. I went to test-drive a Lexus GS300 a long time ago. They actually told me, "We are not in the business of letting high schoolers come in here and joyride in our vehicles. If you want to drive our vehicles, please come back with your parents"

I was 24 or 25 at the time, was with my wife, and IIRC, I was wearing kackis and a button up shirt, as I met my wife there from work. When he said this I felt like driving my car through their front window. Ron Tonkin Acura, across the street was no better actually. The saleslady actually closed the hood while I still had my head in the engine compartment. She said that she had serious customers that wanted to look at the car. In Acura's defense, the acura dealer across town (Acura of Portland), was a billion times nicer than either of these other dealers.

I went to test drive a BMW, and they didn't hesitate. I was even wearing jeans and a T-shirt. They didn't even bother to take any of my information down. Just told me to be back in 20 minutes or so.
Just reading that p-ssed me off. Your experience with the BMW dealership is how is should be.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding Honda/Acura:
-The RSX should slide over to the Honda side and be renamed the Integra.
-The Civic Si should be scrapped
-Give the Civic EX (coupe and sedan) the K20A3 motor and an Acura EL type equipment pkg.
-Give the RL a V8 motor already; Honda already tried to resist putting the V6 in the Accord/Vigor for years...you think they'd learn from that experience.

Old 04-21-2005, 09:12 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME

To me, the 15 is very safe except for one HUGE danger.

DEER!

God, they scare the bejesus out of me.

One crossed my path once and ABS saved my life and the life of my TL.

I usually only speed on the 15 in broad daylight so that I can see the sides of the road. The deer usually like to watch and wait and then pounce. If I see one on the side of the road, I don't speed for the rest of my ride.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:55 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by HuKaShI
To me, the 15 is very safe except for one HUGE danger.

DEER!

God, they scare the bejesus out of me.

One crossed my path once and ABS saved my life and the life of my TL.

I usually only speed on the 15 in broad daylight so that I can see the sides of the road. The deer usually like to watch and wait and then pounce. If I see one on the side of the road, I don't speed for the rest of my ride.
Btw, speaking of 15, two lanes highway, are there any particular areas/traps cops would hide there?
Old 04-21-2005, 01:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by F23A4
Nice run nonetheless. The only time I've had a run (with my 02 Maxima) where I 'helplessly' watched some walk me (non-track) was with a C5...even then, I just wanted to see him run.

Did that last night with an '02 Vette (at least that's what his license plate said) - he passed me, I SS'd and caught up to him just as we were approaching a red light...we cleared the light, got over the crest in the road (so we could check for cops), and both hit it. Just for fun, it wasn't like there was a question about who was faster. It was just fun to run with someone instead of solo.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:19 PM
TL hacker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I was driving in to work and I have a nice 45 minute commute and a nice road to drive down on. For those of you who know the Merritt Parkway in Connecticut, its a nice fun twisty type road.

I saw a Lexus GS merge on behind me. I quickly glanced ahead of me and then to my right and to my surprise he was already next to me. He gave me a nod and then took off. At this point, I didn't know it was the V8 version. His car was silver and I couldn't make out the numbers on the back of his trunk. Now I was already doing 80 on this parkway. He took off from 80 and must have hit 120 in a matter of like 3-4 seconds. And so for alittle fun, I took off after him. We come up on a cluster of cars and we slowly navigate through them. As soon as we get through we take off again. MY GOD THAT THING IS FAST. Now at this point, I know its a GS430 with the V8. I'm speeding up from about 70 and just reaching 120 where he is about a good 6 car lengths ahead of me. It looked so effortless for him. He would then slow down cause we came up on another cluster of cars. And then as soon as we clear them, take off again. He did this to me 5 times.

We then came up on my exit and I slowed down to exit. He waved and gave me the blinkers and took off. He wasn't a jerk about it so it was cool. I have been humbled by that Lexus.

I'm thinking honda needs to wake up and make some V8's. They can say to themselves all they want that a V6 will do fine but I saw first hand what a Japanese V8 can do.
Totally retarded!

The TL isn't in the same class as a GS430 in any aspect (including price). While Honda should be looking at making V8s, not in my TL please. I will NOT buy a V8 TL !!!

Acura needs a V8 car beyond the RL. But leave the TL as-is. And inline 4 isn't enough for a car th size of the TL. A V8 is to much and I wouldn't buy one. A 270HP V6 is just perfect imo. And I'm not the only one.

If you want a Japanese V8 luxury sedan, sell your TL, fork over the extra bucks and go get the GS430. If that's what you really want, then do it right.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:43 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by rets
Btw, speaking of 15, two lanes highway, are there any particular areas/traps cops would hide there?
To be honest there are some spots that you have to be careful of. But on the most part, its smooth sailing. I would be most wary of the entrances onto the 15. They usually like to hide behind trees. I haven't seen one for like months though.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Zeuser
Totally retarded!

The TL isn't in the same class as a GS430 in any aspect (including price). While Honda should be looking at making V8s, not in my TL please. I will NOT buy a V8 TL !!!

Acura needs a V8 car beyond the RL. But leave the TL as-is. And inline 4 isn't enough for a car th size of the TL. A V8 is to much and I wouldn't buy one. A 270HP V6 is just perfect imo. And I'm not the only one.

If you want a Japanese V8 luxury sedan, sell your TL, fork over the extra bucks and go get the GS430. If that's what you really want, then do it right.
Nowhere in my opening post does it say that I want my TL to have a V8. I was simply stating that Acura needs a V8 in its lineup. I would have to agree with you that another entry above the RL with a V8 would do the trick nicely.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Banned

you guys are whacks drivin at that speed on Merrit
just dont take anyone with you when you go....
Old 04-21-2005, 03:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nodoze2004
Doing 'great'? The RL is not selling nearly as well as Acura predicted. My wife worked for the local Acura dealer and the word from the top is that the car is simply not moving off the lots. If they offered some options, perhaps a choice of engines (V8 anyone) maybe this would change. Honda has pretty much reached the ceiling on their current V6 engines in the TL, RL, and MDX(unless they intend to introduce turbocharged versions which I highly doubt).

Acura's biggest issue is that as a whole they offer VERY few options. So even if said 'value shopper' likes the vehicle, there is very little that can be added to the options wise (aside from A-Spec which on the RL will NOT sell). A V8 is a status engine, and since the RL is selling for 50k it falls into the status category. The problem is that Lexus, AND Infiniti offer their customers a choice, Acura does not.

Nissan has figured this out, Toyota has figured this out....Honda..hmm well they just don't get it! As a company they equip there lower line cars with features that are not available in the Luxury brand vehicles (completely assanine), they offer very few options for the high end customers, there is no product consistency etc etc I could go on and on (and I am an owner). Nissan and Toyota have really made exemplary efforts to seperate and distinguish Infiniti and Lexus as new and better brands than the base, Honda has not. Acura dealerships are nothing more than Honda dealerships with different badges on the front of the building.

Honda needs to take it's head out of the collective sand and wake up.

well-said
i am inclined to think Honda really has no intention for Acura to be Lexus the way Toyota had in mind.
I guess affordability and down-to-earth-common-sense is in Honda DNA and simply underlies Acura branding.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by matelot
you guys are whacks drivin at that speed on Merrit
just dont take anyone with you when you go....

....forget Hukashi and that GS430, just look out for Hertz transporters on their way to Hartford driving Camrys. Nothing like sustaining triple digit speeds on a two laner over time; I still dont recall where the Merritt ends and the Wilbur Cross begins. It's all still a blurr!!
Old 04-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Nowhere in my opening post does it say that I want my TL to have a V8. I was simply stating that Acura needs a V8 in its lineup. I would have to agree with you that another entry above the RL with a V8 would do the trick nicely.
I want my TL to have an 8! It would be like the old GTO's (Tempest)...small car, large engine...
Old 04-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Instructor

Yes, I concur.. Honda should make a V8 engine so you can race a Lexus..

- g
Old 04-21-2005, 09:19 PM
Licking Platters Clean

Originally Posted by glacius
Yes, I concur.. Honda should make a V8 engine so you can race a Lexus..

- g
Don't be rude. Do you think that the only purpose of a V8 is to race Lexi? Have you driven a Lexus V8? They're silky smooth and sound nice too.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:01 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,230 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Actually Honda/Acura do get it. They've typically always approached their automotive division with different model trims (DX/LX/EX for Accord, L/LS for Legend ...etc.) instead of individual options and option groups. Alot of automobile customers prefer the trim level groups versus indvidual options and option package groups. Although it makes it nice to taylor the car you want with the options you want it makes it more difficult for manufacturing and much more difficult to do comparison shopping between dealers. A colleague was very frustrated in her search for her Lexus IS300 trying to get the cofiguration she wanted.

Having option package groups and individual options does however can make very good profit margins for the manufacturer and better profit for the dealer. However it also makes for more of a pull based versus push based manufacturing line which can create alot of issues for just in time manufacturing supply chain management which Toyota and Honda prefer. It's one area of distinction between Honda and Toyota which does have individual options and package groups.

The largest extent for factory installed options has been DVD Entertainment and GPS Nav systems for the Odyssey/Pilot/MDX and Nav for other Honda/Acura models.

One of the more interesting changes for the TL was the broad range of color combinations for exterior and interior colors. One thing that is happening is the broader range of trim levels that Honda has introduced with the 2005 Odyssey minivan.

Harley Davidson (yes they make motorcycles) produce a extremely broad range of models, options, and colors for their bikes. You can tour the York PA final assembly facility every October at their open house. As a engineering manager I'm pretty amazed at their supply chain management and how all the specialized components arrive at each work station despite building fairly customized motorcycles, and I ride a Honda bike.

Doing 'great'? The RL is not selling nearly as well as Acura predicted. My wife worked for the local Acura dealer and the word from the top is that the car is simply not moving off the lots. If they offered some options, perhaps a choice of engines (V8 anyone) maybe this would change. Honda has pretty much reached the ceiling on their current V6 engines in the TL, RL, and MDX(unless they intend to introduce turbocharged versions which I highly doubt).

Acura's biggest issue is that as a whole they offer VERY few options. So even if said 'value shopper' likes the vehicle, there is very little that can be added to the options wise (aside from A-Spec which on the RL will NOT sell). A V8 is a status engine, and since the RL is selling for 50k it falls into the status category. The problem is that Lexus, AND Infiniti offer their customers a choice, Acura does not.

Nissan has figured this out, Toyota has figured this out....Honda..hmm well they just don't get it! As a company they equip there lower line cars with features that are not available in the Luxury brand vehicles (completely assanine), they offer very few options for the high end customers, there is no product consistency etc etc I could go on and on (and I am an owner). Nissan and Toyota have really made exemplary efforts to seperate and distinguish Infiniti and Lexus as new and better brands than the base, Honda has not. Acura dealerships are nothing more than Honda dealerships with different badges on the front of the building.

Honda needs to take it's head out of the collective sand and wake up.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:46 AM
VTEC HoooA

Originally Posted by Legend2TL
Actually Honda/Acura do get it. They've typically always approached their automotive division with different model trims (DX/LX/EX for Accord, L/LS for Legend ...etc.) instead of individual options and option groups. Alot of automobile customers prefer the trim level groups versus indvidual options and option package groups. Although it makes it nice to taylor the car you want with the options you want it makes it more difficult for manufacturing and much more difficult to do comparison shopping between dealers. A colleague was very frustrated in her search for her Lexus IS300 trying to get the cofiguration she wanted.

Having option package groups and individual options does however can make very good profit margins for the manufacturer and better profit for the dealer. However it also makes for more of a pull based versus push based manufacturing line which can create alot of issues for just in time manufacturing supply chain management which Toyota and Honda prefer. It's one area of distinction between Honda and Toyota which does have individual options and package groups.
I think you have applied reverse logic here. You consider 'getting it', to mean how can said company/dealership make more profit margin. I consider 'getting it' understanding your customer, and offering the CUSTOMER what they want (i.e. choice). I don't give a rats rear end how hard it makes the mfg/selling/delivery process!! As it stands I had to wait months to take JIT delivery of my vehicle (which was a 6MT Navi)!? I would not have minded the wait if I had gone in and customized the vehicle with specific options, colors, engine, drivetrain layout etc., but all I did was select from the ONE model they had, and the ONE option they had (TL, and Navi). Dell makes a killing with the JIT model (granted we are not comparing apples to apples) and they have literlly HUNDREDs of options per computer. The first MFG that does this in the auto industry will make MINT!!

Business exists because of customers, not the other way around!! I think they teach that in first year economics!
Old 04-22-2005, 12:19 PM
Senior Moderator

The largest extent for factory installed options has been DVD Entertainment and GPS Nav systems for the Odyssey/Pilot/MDX and Nav for other Honda/Acura models.

One of the more interesting changes for the TL was the broad range of color combinations for exterior and interior colors. One thing that is happening is the broader range of trim levels that Honda has introduced with the 2005 Odyssey minivan.
Ironically, the fact that we couldnt get an LX with sunroof prevented us from getting the 05 Odyssey; the sunroof being standard equipment only in the EX-L and Touring.

So this prepackaging (versus a la carte) has its benefits and drawbacks IMO. I can easily take either side of this argument and run a marathon with it. But, it's simply a matter of what consumers find acceptable or not.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:27 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,230 Likes on 2,612 Posts
By getting it I meant that Honda/Acura understand that many (most?) of their customers do not want to be nickle and dimed to death when buying a car by having to order the options they want. They want it to be well equiped within some given range. Not sure if it's still applies today but a couple years ago HID's were optional on a Mercedes S500, yes a $75K car had halogen lights standard. Go to BMW's website and look at a 3 series, the amount of options and their cost make alot of profit for BMW and their dealers. Dell's customization of options help make their profit margin large since they charge alot for those options.

Many folks prefer a simplier approach to buying even a car. For your TL there was actually five options (transmission, Nav, exterior color, interior color, and HPT for 6MT).

Most of the big three automakers do offer a large array of individual options and option packages. Providing that does not guarentee any success (GM just annoucened they lost $1B this quarter), providing a quality made reliable automobile is what seems to be of high list for the majority of auto-buyers. Honda/Acura have simply chosen to go a simplier approach.

I think you have applied reverse logic here. You consider 'getting it', to mean how can said company/dealership make more profit margin. I consider 'getting it' understanding your customer, and offering the CUSTOMER what they want (i.e. choice). I don't give a rats rear end how hard it makes the mfg/selling/delivery process!! As it stands I had to wait months to take JIT delivery of my vehicle (which was a 6MT Navi)!? I would not have minded the wait if I had gone in and customized the vehicle with specific options, colors, engine, drivetrain layout etc., but all I did was select from the ONE model they had, and the ONE option they had (TL, and Navi). Dell makes a killing with the JIT model (granted we are not comparing apples to apples) and they have literlly HUNDREDs of options per computer. The first MFG that does this in the auto industry will make MINT!!

Business exists because of customers, not the other way around!! I think they teach that in first year economics!
Old 04-25-2005, 09:58 AM
Instructor

So, HuKaShI, had any more good runs lately...??
Old 04-25-2005, 10:13 AM
Pro

Nah, I've taken it pretty easy the past few days.

It was wet here all weekend so didn't want to risk any damage to my baby.

I'm not a racer though. I only speed when I feel its safe. Its not an everyday thing for me. Even with the GS430, if there was any more traffic than there was that day, I wouldn't have done it.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:19 AM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Sounds like good fun . . . as long as you play it safe . ..

BTW, shouldn't expect to take a GS430 from that speed. I've taken taken GS400s and SC430s from a stop and from 50 to 100 , but then they close and pass you soon enough . . . if you're already at those upper speeds . . forget it . . you need a SC or turbo to get 'em.

Ruf
Old 04-25-2005, 10:44 AM
Advanced

I ran with 2 Audi S4's yesterday - both chipped..... The TL kicked ass.... I stayed with them the whole time!

I had an audi before, so i was worried at first but the TL was great!
Old 04-25-2005, 10:49 AM
Senior Moderator

I'm not a racer though. I only speed when I feel its safe. Its not an everyday thing for me. Even with the GS430, if there was any more traffic than there was that day, I wouldn't have done it.
I'm with you on that one Hukashi. Even then, I'm only prone to run certain other cars (i.e.: other sports sedans) and I give ricers space to do their thing 'cause they're an accident waiting to happen.

Originally Posted by RUF87
BTW, shouldn't expect to take a GS430 from that speed. I've taken taken GS400s and SC430s from a stop and from 50 to 100 , but then they close and pass you soon enough . . . if you're already at those upper speeds . . forget it . . you need a SC or turbo to get 'em.

Ruf
I'll run a GS4XX with my 02 Maxima but I clearly dont expect to beat one on the topend. GS4XX = good death!!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:15 AM
Instructor

I just wanted to get the thread back to the subject, which was relaying fun experiences in our cars instead of a dissertation on free market economics...

Point taken on the 'boy racers' in their 'tuner cars'...a guy running a GS430 like the one you ran obviously had sense, as you did. A good time had by all, and you both lived to run another day....
Old 04-26-2005, 09:03 PM
Instructor

I was not trying to offend, in fact my only intention was to point out that the RL was not doing well by using your wording. I am also not debating the fact that honda can build a hell of V6. My point is that while Acura may well be a 'value' brand, why not offer additional options to sweeten the deals a bit more. While I do not agree with the steep pricing on the options available for MB and BMW cars, at least they have choices. Comparitively Acura's 'everything you could possibly want is already included in the base price, so don't bother looking for any options' mentality seems a bit limiting. I for one am really enjoying the MP3 player in the TL.....oh wait they don't have one (nor do they offer one as an option).

They have built there reputation on value, which is good, but how many opportunities are they letting slip because of the lack of choice? I would say a large number. If you have a customer that has mentally committed himself/herself to spending 45k on that shiny new BMW, and then that customer sees and falls in love with the Acura they CANT spend that extra money (well aside from the trunk tray etc). Choice is a good thing, the more choice the better. It empowers customers to personalize purchases. I think this is the key area where Honda is truly missing the boat. Almost ALL competitors offer options galore, Engine, Drivetrain layout, etc etc.

Traditionally, value and luxury are not synonymous terms. In fact the term value is offensive to some luxury car buyers (they want that status, that is what they are paying the premium for). Lexus understands this, Infiniti is coming around, but Acura...well lets just say they don't know how to deliniate very well. To the company an Acura is a Honda, and vice versa.

As a parting thought, my TL is anything but fuel efficient!! I have averaged 16mpg since I have received the car (this includes the break in period during which the car was babied). To be honest I have encountered V8's that are more efficient! Your mileage may vary, but mine is consistently poor (but alas I wanted the extra muscle a V6 provides).

There seems to be a big anomoly here amongs different TL owners as to gas mileage. My mileage varies from your story by a mile. I'm getting 22/25 around my area loca driving and averages 30/32 on long highway trips. What could possibly account for this big discrepancy??? Tire pressure, heavy foot, engine not tuned correctly i.e. drive-by-wire miscalibrated, wrong oil viscosity??? There should NOT be that much variation in gas mileage amongst prudent drivers if this vehicle. My conclusion is the driver is the difference. If mileage is your need then quit with the tire squealing starts and casual abandon driving. The car will return your favor with better mileage. I don't mean to say I don't drive fast 75-80 on trips but I do feather my take offs to something over 6 seconds to 60 between stop lights. I must add I have installed the K&N air filter, 5/20 weight syn oil and keep the tires to recommended pressure. Does any of this make sense to you guys????
Old 04-26-2005, 11:33 PM
Racer

Harley Davidson (yes they make motorcycles) produce a extremely broad range of models, options, and colors for their bikes. You can tour the York PA final assembly facility every October at their open house. As a engineering manager I'm pretty amazed at their supply chain management and how all the specialized components arrive at each work station despite building fairly customized motorcycles, and I ride a Honda bike.
A article I read said it perfectly, "Acura don't give me what I need, but what I want". Honda should be giving what I need, luxury should give me excess.
RWD and V-8s......thank you, any clown can have a FWD/V-6 car, like a Kia.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:05 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by AcuraGT-3
A article I read said it perfectly, "Acura don't give me what I need, but what I want". Honda should be giving what I need, luxury should give me excess.
RWD and V-8s......thank you, any clown can have a FWD/V-6 car, like a Kia.
What you're asking for from Honda is another $60k car. I kinda like the TL at $35k and pretty decent fuel mileage. For $60k you can pick from a whole bunch of true luxury cars. Goes to show you can't satisfy everyone - be happy or BMW/Mercedes/Audi will be happy to show you around their stable. . .
Old 04-27-2005, 12:52 PM
Tifa's Fiancé

lexus are slow....the onlyh fast car they ever produced was the supra (toyota). i ve spanked so mnay GS 430 or whatever with my M3. Sure it was somewhat modded but my 6spd a-spec is faster than the M3 so im thikning i can run it
Old 04-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I think that if Honda/Acura ever made a V8 .. it would be spectacular.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Your 6MT A-spec is faster than your M3 ... E36 or E46?
Old 04-27-2005, 03:34 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I didn't want to read the whole thread, so this may have been said...

the 430 starts at 50 grand. Put 15k worth of mods into your TL and see who wins then
Old 04-27-2005, 05:20 PM
Tifa's Fiancé

e36 manual spanks any TL's out there. yes my aspec is faster than my old m3 bc it was an auto
Old 04-27-2005, 10:42 PM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by ASPEC05
e36 manual spanks any TL's out there. yes my aspec is faster than my old m3 bc it was an auto
What kind of fool thinks any e36 manual (325-184hp) spanks TL (270hp)?

Oh yes, the kind that orders an M3 with an AUTO.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:11 PM
Banned

i am very familiar with the merrit pkwy, i live off of exit 40, between what exits did all this happen?
Old 04-27-2005, 11:16 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
I guess someone forgot to tell the M3s I beat those facts. You can't just show up with the specs on how fast your car is . . . you got to win the race to do that.

Ruf
Old 04-28-2005, 06:24 AM
Instructor

lexus are slow....the onlyh fast car they ever produced was the supra (toyota). i ve spanked so mnay GS 430 or whatever with my M3. Sure it was somewhat modded but my 6spd a-spec is faster than the M3 so im thikning i can run it
You must be dreaming or smoking something . . . What you say makes NO sense whatsoever . . . A 6mt is NOT faster than a BMW M3 unless the M3 is one sick puppy! A 6mt is NOT faster than a 300hp GS430 either. Put yer pipe away dude and look at the specs . . .
Old 04-28-2005, 07:14 AM
Licking Platters Clean

Originally Posted by RUF87
I guess someone forgot to tell the M3s I beat those facts. You can't just show up with the specs on how fast your car is . . . you got to win the race to do that.

Ruf
And those M3 drivers were on the phone drinking a cup of coffee and looking away at the same time I bet.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:26 AM
Banned

I've witnessed some major spanking on 1997 M3 against a Lexus IS300

However, the IS300 was heavily modded.

Quick Reply: Got my ass handed to me by a GS430