Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my 5AT NAVI UNDER INVOICE!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 10:11 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my 5AT NAVI UNDER INVOICE!!

I wanted to let you guys know that great deals are being had on 04s now that the 05s are around the corner. I also kinda had an "in" with this dealer so I may have gotten an extra-good deal but invoice is easily attainable in the NY area, even on NAVI units.

As some of you may know, I had a deposit on an 05 5AT/NAVI but when I found out that there are essentially NO changes and there will likely be ~$1000 bump in MSRP plus less wiggle room from dealers, I decided to pocket the $2K because I'll be keeping the car for at least 5 years.

Here's my deal:
04TL 5AT NAVI
ABP/Camel
Remote Starter (DEI unit that works through the factory keyfob, see my other post later for details)
$32,500 w/dest. before TTL (Invoice $32,145 WITHOUT REMOTE STARTER according to Edmunds)
Financing 3.69% for 60 mos $0 down through Chase Manhattan
Swapped my BS tires for Falken Ziex 512s at a LIC tire shop for only $150! (see my other post later in the tires subforum)

I can't promise you'll get the same deal, but if you're looking for a great buying experience and want a great price, see Bob or Joe at Island Acura on Sunrise Highway in Wantaugh and let them know Conan sent you. I've dealt with Paragon and Rallye in the past and these guys are THE BEST (Rallye refuses to install remote starters)!!

Happy shopping!!!
Old 09-04-2004, 10:48 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Man, that's an awesome deal! So far I've gotten a dealership down to $31,195 + TTL for an 04 5AT/no NAVI, but I haven't really started negotiating yet. Right now I'm just pitting some dealers against each other and seeing what happens.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:55 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by cparris
Man, that's an awesome deal! So far I've gotten a dealership down to $31,195 + TTL for an 04 5AT/no NAVI, but I haven't really started negotiating yet. Right now I'm just pitting some dealers against each other and seeing what happens.
Come up to NY for a vacation...save some $$...drive home in your new TL. Maybe you want to spend a extra $1300 to get a navi with remote starter, otherwise, you can get a MUCH better deal on a non-navi car up here. The dealers have too many of them.

BTW - On my deal, there was NO trade-in. I turned in my old lease.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:53 PM
3rd Gear

I have a quote for an '04 with nav for $33750, sounds like I should try and get him to come down some more.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:05 PM
one -n- only

good deal, I bought an 04 AM/Ebony w/o Navi from Rallye not too long ago and they lowered it down to 30,000 even, I also checked out Island and Paragon before my purchase but they wouldn't give me a similar or better deal.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Intermediate

See, it can be done.......buying at or preferably below invoice.

DAVE
Old 09-04-2004, 10:27 PM
Burning Brakes

I paid $32600 w/Navi +TTL
Old 09-04-2004, 10:35 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by gmcdonald
I have a quote for an '04 with nav for $33750, sounds like I should try and get him to come down some more.
The market is different in various areas of the country. As I understand it, Cali dealers are still selling closer to sticker.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:18 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
One thing to keep in mind, what about depreciation? Buying the 04 model now, you would lose 1 year in depreciation.

Brokedoc has the right idea for keeping the car for the long term, but if you get into an accident and insurance pays you the full value of the car, you will lose at least $4000 - $5000 due to the 1 extra year of depreciation...

But no one really knows if there will be in increase in MSRP for 05...
Old 09-04-2004, 11:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by jtruman
One thing to keep in mind, what about depreciation? Buying the 04 model now, you would lose 1 year in depreciation.

Brokedoc has the right idea for keeping the car for the long term, but if you get into an accident and insurance pays you the full value of the car, you will lose at least $4000 - $5000 due to the 1 extra year of depreciation...
If someone is THAT worried about depreciation or insurance reimbursement when you total a brand new car, they have no business buying a new car. You know what they say about depreciation the second you drive the car off the lot....

Definitely, a leftover car is "one year old" despite the fact that it's new. If the buyer plans on trading in or selling within 3-4 years, buying leftovers is absolutely NOT the right thing to do! In the 4-7 year time frame, you won't loose too much because the car would have lower miles than other '04s due to it being bought late in the cycle (unless you drive the crap out of it in which case you'll be burned regardless of year). After the car is 7-8 years old, you may as well hand it down to your kids.

Regarding the price, we'll know the facts during first week of October. I'll be floored if Acura doesn't raise the price more than $500. My guess would be $500-1000. What we DO know is that the slow-selling Accord EX-L V6 MT w/ Navi was MSRP $28,400 for 2004 and $25,700 for 2005. I'm not sure if any options are different but imagine what Acura will do to a hot seller like the TL.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:49 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Brokedoc
I wanted to let you guys know that great deals are being had on 04s now that the 05s are around the corner. I also kinda had an "in" with this dealer so I may have gotten an extra-good deal but invoice is easily attainable in the NY area, even on NAVI units.

As some of you may know, I had a deposit on an 05 5AT/NAVI but when I found out that there are essentially NO changes and there will likely be ~$1000 bump in MSRP plus less wiggle room from dealers, I decided to pocket the $2K because I'll be keeping the car for at least 5 years.

Here's my deal:
04TL 5AT NAVI
ABP/Camel
Remote Starter (DEI unit that works through the factory keyfob, see my other post later for details)
$32,500 w/dest. before TTL (Invoice $32,145 WITHOUT REMOTE STARTER according to Edmunds)
Swapped my BS tires for Falken Ziex 512s at a LIC tire shop for only $150! (see my other post later in the tires subforum)

I can't promise you'll get the same deal, but if you're looking for a great buying experience and want a great price, see Bob or Joe at Island Acura on Sunrise Highway in Wantaugh and let them know Conan sent you. I've dealt with Paragon and Rallye in the past and these guys are THE BEST (Rallye refuses to install remote starters)!!

Happy shopping!!!
LOL, I went to the same guys in March and paid under invoice. Granted I didn't get a remote start, but hey, I have a 6MT anyway so what would I do with one.

Good deal though, but it has been attainable all along.
Old 09-05-2004, 01:40 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
If someone is THAT worried about depreciation or insurance reimbursement when you total a brand new car, they have no business buying a new car. You know what they say about depreciation the second you drive the car off the lot....

Definitely, a leftover car is "one year old" despite the fact that it's new. If the buyer plans on trading in or selling within 3-4 years, buying leftovers is absolutely NOT the right thing to do! In the 4-7 year time frame, you won't loose too much because the car would have lower miles than other '04s due to it being bought late in the cycle (unless you drive the crap out of it in which case you'll be burned regardless of year). After the car is 7-8 years old, you may as well hand it down to your kids.

Regarding the price, we'll know the facts during first week of October. I'll be floored if Acura doesn't raise the price more than $500. My guess would be $500-1000. What we DO know is that the slow-selling Accord EX-L V6 MT w/ Navi was MSRP $28,400 for 2004 and $25,700 for 2005. I'm not sure if any options are different but imagine what Acura will do to a hot seller like the TL.
You are right the minue you drive the new car off the lot, it's already depreciated significantly... but now you must suffer an additional year of depreciation. You are right that keeping it long term is cost effective, but if you get into an accident in the 3-4 years through no fault of yours, financially it'll be painful.

Too many people on this forum have the attitude that because we own a "luxury car", we should have no business worry about money because we "should be able to afford it". People who are rich don't get there by making poor financial decisions without weighing the risk and rewards.

buying the "end of model year" is great considering the discount you'll be able to receive, but it's not without risk.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:35 PM
5th Gear

$$$$$$

33,100 in Orlando with Nav.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:54 PM
Instructor

how are you guys getting these prices, was at stevens creek acura today and stupid dealer wanted 1k over msrp for wdp
Old 09-05-2004, 11:55 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You don't lose as much by buying at end of year as some people are thinking. That's because a LOW MILEAGE car is worth more as a used car. The end of year car, on average, is forever going to have about 12,000 fewer miles on it than a beginning of the same model year car, for the typical driver. 12,000 fewer miles on the same year car is worth more as a used car. It can easily be over $1000 more. Maybe not enough to make up the difference, but nothing to ignore, either. Plus if rumors of a price hike in 05 are correct, there's more money.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:33 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by frebay
how are you guys getting these prices, was at stevens creek acura today and stupid dealer wanted 1k over msrp for wdp
The market in Cali stinks. You'd save a lot more $$ if you bought from the NY area and had it flatbedded to Cali. Plus, no wait.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:18 AM
ABPimpin

Dealers in CO (3 in Denver and 1 in CO Springs) don't want to do better than $1000 under invoice for a 6MT no-nav. I told em they were crazy. Bad news is they can't keep em on the lot. I don't think I see any hope in getting a good deal here. I may have to drive to KC to get it done for a reasonable price. Gouging punks!

-dys
Old 09-06-2004, 08:45 PM
Advanced

TRIM LEVEL

MSRP*
Automatic
Transmission

EX V-6
• Leather-trimmed interior
• Heated front seats
• Power moonroof with tilt feature
• 16-inch alloy wheels
• Dual-zone automatic climate control system
• XM® Satellite Radio
• HomeLink® remote system
• Ambient console lighting
• Extrerior temperature indicator
• Available Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition

$26,700.00
Automatic Transmission

Your price is way off it is 28,700 with the Navi. The 4 banger with Navi is the price you show.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by jtruman

But no one really knows if there will be in increase in MSRP for 05...
Don't forget that you also get a larger discount at the end of the model year... pretty much offsets the depreciation which would be closer to $1500-$2000 for a used '04 vs a used '05 (both with 10k miles, exact same car and same part of the country) . So IMO, no reason to wait for an '05 given that there are no significant changes.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by mhudson78660
Your price is way off it is 28,700 with the Navi. The 4 banger with Navi is the price you show.
Of course, you're right. It must've been late when I wrote that post. My point was that Honda raised the MSRP on the slow-selling Accord from '04 to '05. I'm sure there will be a jump in TL MSRP when pricing is announced first week of Oct.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Advanced

Of course, you're right. It must've been late when I wrote that post. My point was that Honda raised the MSRP on the slow-selling Accord from '04 to '05. I'm sure there will be a jump in TL MSRP when pricing is announced first week of Oct.

Agreed I am sure the price will go up as well. Oh well got to pay to play I guess.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Racer

Brokedoc: so $32,500 is the cost of the car... are you financing this with the balloon payment at the end? or just regular finance without baloon payment. What exactly are the terms? After the apr charges, what are your monthly payments? I just want to know what will be your exact out of pocket expense, once the car is fully paid for, like $36,000. Thanks. If you want to read the quote I got, check out my post. http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93392
Old 09-07-2004, 09:01 AM
Banned

Here's my deal:
04TL 5AT NAVI
ABP/Camel

Happy shopping!!!
that was a lot car right?? my guess is they wanted to move it because it may have been collecting interest for just being there. they cut their losses and make room for 05' models. great buy!
Old 09-07-2004, 09:13 AM
Racer

Very nice, there was no haggling with my dealer. I just paid 1k under msrp ($34,595) or something like that. I didn't feel like waiting for the 05 because of my impatience. I had to wait two weeks for them to get the one I wanted in, it was hard to even negotiate with the people there because they had a 10 person waiting list for the tl's. I will call them and ask them about the remote starter thing, does it work with your stock remote?
Old 09-07-2004, 09:23 AM
Intermediate

These deal were to be had on non-navi's for some time. I bought my SSM non-navi in early June for invoice ($30,299). That price includes destination charge.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:50 AM
Racer

I just emailed another Acura dealer in my area on the 5AT Acura, and he emailed and called me back, his email said "Thank you for your intrest in the 2004 Acura TL. The 2004 Acura TL is going to have a MSRP of 33,195.00 we can offer the TL to you for 30,699.00. Please feel free to call or email if you have any questions or if you would like to set up a time to come in?"

I do not think that includes Navi, he is doing some numbers and is going to call me back. Just wondering if that is a good prive the $30,699.00, seems to be.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:58 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by someone
Very nice, there was no haggling with my dealer. I just paid 1k under msrp ($34,595) or something like that. I didn't feel like waiting for the 05 because of my impatience. I had to wait two weeks for them to get the one I wanted in, it was hard to even negotiate with the people there because they had a 10 person waiting list for the tl's. I will call them and ask them about the remote starter thing, does it work with your stock remote?
See my link on remote starter
Old 09-07-2004, 01:05 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by MrGQDieselNY
I do not think that includes Navi, he is doing some numbers and is going to call me back. Just wondering if that is a good prive the $30,699.00, seems to be.
Without Navi, you should be able to easily get under invoice. Edmunds lists invoice for non-navi @ $30,325 w/ dest so I'm guessing $30K or less is very attainable. Non-navis have been plentiful in supply and have been going for invoice or less for several months. Navi units on the other hand have been in tight supply until recently and I really haven't seen Navi deals at/under invoice until about 1 mo ago.

Regarding the exact numbers on the deal, I'll have to post them when I get home. Figure $32,500 + 8.75% sales tax (I hate NY) + about $150 for dealer/MV fees + 3.69% interest over 60 mos.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:14 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
I just emailed another Acura dealer in my area on the 5AT Acura, and he emailed and called me back, his email said "Thank you for your intrest in the 2004 Acura TL. The 2004 Acura TL is going to have a MSRP of 33,195.00 we can offer the TL to you for 30,699.00. Please feel free to call or email if you have any questions or if you would like to set up a time to come in?"

For non-Navi, this seems good. But East coast may get it lower.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:26 PM
Racer

Thank you very much. I posted in that thread.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:54 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by rets
For non-Navi, this seems good. But East coast may get it lower.

I am shooting for about $30,000 but ultimately it comes down to the payments per month that I want. so far lowest is $399 for 12,000 miles, but I want atleast 15,000 for that price.

I just posted this: http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93478
Old 09-07-2004, 06:53 PM
one -n- only

what dealer did you get this price from?? try for 30 even thats what I got mine for and no It doesn't include the navi.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:37 PM
Racer

As long as I can help others get a good deal, I don't mind posting my numbers for those that have requested. I got an awesome rate and didn't have a trade so I decided to finance most of the purchase. I can use any extra income in the meantime to pay off higher interest things like my friggin' student loans...

My exact deal:
$32,500 '04TL 5AT NAVI w/Remote Starter
$ 2,842.75 8.75% Nassau County Tax
$ 90 License/Title fee
$ 25.75 Reg
$ 12.50 NYS Waste Tire recycle fee ($2.50 charged for all new tires, i.e. 4 + spare)

$35,472 Total

$ 2,525.75 Deposit
$32,946.25 Financed

3.69% APR for 60mos @ Chase Manhattan Bank

60 payments of $602.16 each

Interest will cost me $3,183.35 if I choose to take the full 60 months to pay off. No penalty for early prepayment.

If you're goal is to pay the least amount possible per month or you like new cars every couple of years and don't like the hassle of selling/trading in, the only way to go is lease/balloon or large down payment but then you end up with no car at lease end.

If you want to save the most money in the long run and can afford to pay some more per month, buying outright will save you the most and you'll still have the car after the payments are done.

Good luck.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:24 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

I just picked up a 5MT non-NAVI for $33,125 in the DC Metro Area.

Color seemed to be a factor. They can't keep anthracite in stock and seemed a little less flexible.

I got abyss blue pearl/quartz.

- Bill
Old 09-17-2004, 10:16 AM
Who cares

got mine about 3 weeks ago no nav 30700 +ttl came with the floor mats and trunk matt and paintless ding repair and 1 year oil changes.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:39 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by New Acura Owner
These deal were to be had on non-navi's for some time. I bought my SSM non-navi in early June for invoice ($30,299). That price includes destination charge.

What dealership in NY did you get this deal at?
Old 09-24-2004, 11:09 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by infamous
what dealer did you get this price from?? try for 30 even thats what I got mine for and no It doesn't include the navi.
and what dealership sold it to you for $30k even?
Old 09-24-2004, 11:48 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by captain
Don't forget that you also get a larger discount at the end of the model year... pretty much offsets the depreciation which would be closer to $1500-$2000 for a used '04 vs a used '05 (both with 10k miles, exact same car and same part of the country) . So IMO, no reason to wait for an '05 given that there are no significant changes.
Two things - First I don't see LARGE Discount on 04TL (at least not in California). Secondly, no matter how you look at it, the 04 will always be a year older from the blue book perspective than the 05. I haven't seen blue book value for the 04TL but since there is no discount on the 04 - the price is basically as good as you are a good negotiator - you end up paying about the same price for the 04 or the 05. The depreciation is much higher than the $275 increase for the 05.

I wouldn't do it. I'm getting an 05!
Old 09-24-2004, 12:08 PM
Cruisin'

i bought my 04 TL anthracite with navi and the full aspec for 36900+ttl at 4.74% 72 months. john eagle acura in houston ROCKS!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2004, 06:35 PM
5th Gear

35k 05 TL w/ navi, trunk guard, mud guards and moonroof visor
breakdown:
$32246.
$500. dealer cost
$32790.
$2017. NE FL tax
$190. TTL
$35 k total OTD
Jacksonville, Fl