Got Hit In A Parking Lot!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009 | 08:50 PM
Instructor

I parked away from everyone, came out of the restaurant to find somebody hit my rear bumper and it was hanging off my car. Car was three months old...
Old 12-08-2009 | 08:55 AM
WOT in the new ATLP V2s!

Originally Posted by Mr.President
Thats why I park in the middle of two spaces, next to a light pole with a camera mounted on it, at least 15 empties spaces away from the nearest car,and it has to be visiable from the store windows..... and if I am in a rush and i have to park next to a car ( extremely rare that i park next to a car) ,I park next to a car that looks good.... like a BMW,AUDI... anything that looks like the person might care enough to make sure they don't dent their own car trying to get out the lot, or entering their car without hitting my car with their door.... and I take a picture of their license plate with my Iphone...... BUT THAT's JUST ME!!!
Thats exactly what I do minus the license plate pics all the time. Wifey complains walking so far but I just drop her off when its cold. Many people dont care about their cars & just see them as an object to get from point A to B.
Old 12-08-2009 | 03:38 PM
Phmbm12

still no pics lol
Old 12-09-2009 | 08:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Sorry for no pics, its been insane weather out here and we just bought a new house iv been outta school the last 2 days gutting the place! Ill get to it as soon as it clears up and i can clean off the car for good pics
Old 12-09-2009 | 09:00 PM
Advanced

keep us posted man. It's almost sad how some people have to learn the hard way that they are responsable for their own actions...
Old 12-09-2009 | 10:17 PM
1st 3g Turbo TL-S

i'm sorry, but i just can't believe kids are getting these nice cars for nothing. I had to have a double disc fusion and 2 years of legal mess before i could get mine...
Old 02-09-2010 | 01:24 PM
Burning Brakes

What does that have to do with anything? I got my car as a gift from my dad and im very thankful for it. Its not like im a snob about it and dont take care of it. Its my baby. BTW had it fixed for 600$
Old 02-09-2010 | 01:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gotkilled
you're pretty lucky to be driving a TL in high school. pretty sweet ride for a 17yo. back when i was in high school, i had an old beater civic.
Exactly. I only had my 2 feet to get me around. And each way to school was uphill with snow....
Old 02-09-2010 | 02:00 PM
RAR

Originally Posted by Xiomaro
i'm sorry, but i just can't believe kids are getting these nice cars for nothing. I had to have a double disc fusion and 2 years of legal mess before i could get mine...
It must really keep you up at night the fact that this country has uber millionaires for whom buying their kid a TL is about equivalent to you buying somebody a skateboard. Get over it. Everything is relative, the only thing that matters is if the privilege of driving such a vehicle is respected.
Old 02-09-2010 | 02:05 PM
Former Whiner

I'm pretty late to this thread but...
Back in high school. I borrowed my sister's Civic. It was 1 year old at the time, so to me.. IT WAS THE SHIT!

Anyways, I promised her nothing will happen and I'll park far.
So when lunchtime comes, same thing happened to me.
Very funny that the girl still parked by me. Not too hard to get her to confess when Security, myself, and her are standing and staring at it.

Oddly, my sister was still pissed at me.
Old 02-09-2010 | 03:46 PM
One on the right for me

Originally Posted by Crestwood1001
What does that have to do with anything? I got my car as a gift from my dad and im very thankful for it. Its not like im a snob about it and dont take care of it. Its my baby. BTW had it fixed for 600$
Who wound up paying for it?
Old 02-09-2010 | 03:51 PM
Racer

I think this girl likes you. She just wanna get attention from you by hit and run.
Old 02-09-2010 | 10:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Her insurance company paid, the officers I know took care of it for me. She changed her story 2 times and they spotted it.
Old 02-10-2010 | 02:11 AM
05' AT SSM

Originally Posted by Crestwood1001
Her insurance company paid, the officers I know took care of it for me. She changed her story 2 times and they spotted it.
Wow real classy, if you hit someone don't lie about it..shit happens learn your mistake and learn how to drive damn.

Glad to see justice has been served. Sorry about your situation, i park as far away as i possibly can usually (i don't mind walking) but sometimes parking is limited and stuff like this worries me.
Old 02-10-2010 | 08:30 AM
#ForcedInductionFamily

Good to see she fessed up and her insurance took care of it and not yours. Back when I had my first WRX I always have done the same thing, parked way away from others, double parked, etc. I was at Starbucks late with a friend of mine, and I specifically parked wayyy out in the middle of an empty parking lot away from any other cars. We were sitting next to the window and I saw yellow lights flashing that looked like my tail lights when the alarm goes off. So I run out and sure enough, it was my car. This dumb ass in a 12 passenger van somehow managed to back into my car in the middle of an empty parking lot.

He had actually stopped, got out to see if he hit me, and was getting back in his van. I ran out, and told him to hold it right there before he left. We looked at it together and he didn't think it looked too bad. I told him I wanted his insurance info, which he didn't want to give but he gave me his home address and phone number. I took that guy to the cleaners. It was a fairly minor scrape, but I got roughly $750 out of him for a new painted bumper cover and 3 or 4 days of rental car. I figured it was a good lesson for him to learn.
Old 02-10-2010 | 10:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Yea well its also good knowing every cop in the township lol iv know the sarg. since i was a little kid so they stayed on top of it to take care of everything for me
Old 02-10-2010 | 03:29 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by WRXtranceformed
Good to see she fessed up and her insurance took care of it and not yours. Back when I had my first WRX I always have done the same thing, parked way away from others, double parked, etc. I was at Starbucks late with a friend of mine, and I specifically parked wayyy out in the middle of an empty parking lot away from any other cars. We were sitting next to the window and I saw yellow lights flashing that looked like my tail lights when the alarm goes off. So I run out and sure enough, it was my car. This dumb ass in a 12 passenger van somehow managed to back into my car in the middle of an empty parking lot.

He had actually stopped, got out to see if he hit me, and was getting back in his van. I ran out, and told him to hold it right there before he left. We looked at it together and he didn't think it looked too bad. I told him I wanted his insurance info, which he didn't want to give but he gave me his home address and phone number. I took that guy to the cleaners. It was a fairly minor scrape, but I got roughly $750 out of him for a new painted bumper cover and 3 or 4 days of rental car. I figured it was a good lesson for him to learn.
That is definitely one of my nightmares. Being in a college student in a college town (Davis, CA), I see this happen daily. 2 out of 3 cars will have some sort of scrape mark on their bumper. I unfortunately have to deal with people hitting their car door against mine. As everyone is basically a college student, they are far less likely to take responsibility on their own behalf, but I'm glad you were able to chase after the guy.

Unfortunately over here, unless your car is parked right next to your window at home, you are totally SOL.
Old 02-10-2010 | 05:20 PM
#ForcedInductionFamily

Originally Posted by marzxbarz
That is definitely one of my nightmares. Being in a college student in a college town (Davis, CA), I see this happen daily. 2 out of 3 cars will have some sort of scrape mark on their bumper. I unfortunately have to deal with people hitting their car door against mine. As everyone is basically a college student, they are far less likely to take responsibility on their own behalf, but I'm glad you were able to chase after the guy.

Unfortunately over here, unless your car is parked right next to your window at home, you are totally SOL.
Oh man, don't even get me started on a-holes at college. When I was in school I had the same car. One night some drunk dickhead keyed my car all the way around, 360 degrees on every single panel. I was heartbroken. Needless to say after the entire car was repainted I parked it back home and snagged an old beater Subaru Legacy wagon we had and drove that while I was in school. Such haters Doing bad things like that always comes back around though, I'm sure whoever it was got theirs! Some girl probably gave him herpes that night!
Old 02-10-2010 | 05:22 PM
One on the right for me

Originally Posted by marzxbarz

Davis isn't that bad for parking. Granted I was bumped a few times, nothing major. I used to just park off campus on B street but last time I went up there for a beer I noticed they changed the parking times and severely limited ones ability to take advantage of off-campus parking.
Old 02-11-2010 | 12:38 PM
Advanced

I hate when this happens. I live in california and i've been hit 3 times(parked)!!!! I really sucks but i have a 100 collision deductible,this is the lowest deductible offered. When it metal to metal contact its considered collision.
Old 03-06-2010 | 11:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Got it fixed along with all the paint chips from the winter weather for 656$, only 156$ more than if I got insurance involved minus the increased monthly rates so ill take that! She got a nice big ticket from my boys lol funny how often you get caught speeding when they are looking for you.
Old 03-06-2010 | 11:48 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by subinf
Davis isn't that bad for parking. Granted I was bumped a few times, nothing major. I used to just park off campus on B street but last time I went up there for a beer I noticed they changed the parking times and severely limited ones ability to take advantage of off-campus parking.
Yeah, downtown parking is now only 2-hour or permit only. My friend who drives an '09 Camry was hit twice in the campus garage. Both times when he was parked. He was fortunate that the people left a note on his windshield, but he seems to have the worst of luck.

Parking near the off-campus dorms are the worst. People squish into places, and it doesn't help that the streets have smooth curbs. You'll never see the worst parallel parkers anywhere else. Haha.
Old 03-07-2010 | 12:11 PM
Intermediate

crappy to hear what happened. but if its any better, the same thing happened to my nbp in the driveway. but, i quickly found the culprit, my father in law.......some ppl should not being able to own a license.