Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

goodbye TL Hello B9 Tribeca?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 08:56 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
goodbye TL Hello B9 Tribeca?

Yes, i finally did it after a year of owning my TL. I loved my car, everything about it but my sunroof which was rattling like someone was shaking coins over my head and being anal as i am it drove me up a wall. I took it to the dealer 5 times and they were still unable to fix it. I first wanted to trade it in for a 06 TL but thought i'd get smart and bite the bullet for a few years so i got a Subaru Tribeca which i plan to keep till the Next remodeled version of the TL comes out which i'm thinking will be the summer of 2008? at which point i plan to donate the Tribeca to the wife since we plan on having rugrats around that time. Plus it would have been hard to rationalize getting 2 new vehicles in 2 yrs,

Anyway the thing i miss the most Vs. the TL is definetly the HFL... but other than that the Tribeca has totally surpassed my expectations. The navigation is pretty darn good but a little harder to use than the TL but as far as comfort it is on par with the TL in my opinion. I wanted to ge the RDX but the wife liked this more so i decided to get this because she will eventually drive it. I took some pics yesterday and those are below. also a pic of my TL(which by the way is still avail at the dealer i traded it in to. it had 24K miles and the last i saw it they had it listed for 29.9K.

Last but not least i wanted to thank everyone who helped me with my questions... you guys rock!! i will definetly will be in these forums and again thanks for all the help in the last year!!

My old baby... (selling the wheels... look on the blackmarket area of the forum.)

The new B9

Old 08-20-2006, 09:09 AM
malacanyang palace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 08-20-2006, 09:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,617 Likes on 2,195 Posts
I am, in general, a Subaru fan, especially of the Legacy models. The B9 Tribeca, though, is a very homely vehicle. However, to each his (in your wife's case, her) own.

Hey, at least you tried to stay in the Acura family. Good luck!

By the way, those are nice wheels on your TL, did you take them off and what are they? If so, you should sell them on the Black Market, I'm sure someone would buy them.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:48 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 185 Likes on 131 Posts
Enjoy. It's a completely different thing than the TL but then again you know that and weren't really asking for a comparison. I'm trying to get my wife interested in the RDX for after her Odyssey but she's still thinking a Subaru wagon. I just can't get over the front of the B9. I know it is supposed to be an aircraft fuselage and wings but the thing just looks like an an evil clown face. Sorry.

But gratefully you won't be seeing that when you drive.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

damn....that interior is pretty damn nice, but that exterior....
Old 08-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by neuronbob
I am, in general, a Subaru fan, especially of the Legacy models. The B9 Tribeca, though, is a very homely vehicle. However, to each his (in your wife's case, her) own.

Hey, at least you tried to stay in the Acura family. Good luck!

By the way, those are nice wheels on your TL, did you take them off and what are they? If so, you should sell them on the Black Market, I'm sure someone would buy them.

Thanks Bob! I actually did put them on in the black market this morning... they are 19x8.5 Ace Trends... got more pics of the wheels on the black market posts.

Well a couple of things actually made me sell the TL. honestly nothing bad to say about the car and even the thing with the sunroof is probably exagerated because i'm anal to the point it drives people around me nuts. The biggest reason was that i will be mostly out of the country because of work for the next year or so and i wont get time to enjoy my car and also i want to ge the next version of the TL(so i'll be back in the Acura family) Plus we plan on having kids in the next few years so we definetly wanted to get an SUV for her so the way i thought it.... might as well get it now so i dont have any moment where she is barking at me for wanting to get the TL and the truck at the same time.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:08 AM
CL Expert

I find the B9 interior VERY appealing. Haven't sampled it in person, but from the pictures I find it more agreeable than Any SUV interior and better than most cars. Kinda reminds me of the TL in some spots.

I'm real big on the feel/quality/texture of automotive interior surfaces and switchgear. I think a trip to the local subaru Dealership is in order. I remember the Legacy interior being pretty good, but this B9 looks to be in a couple steps above it.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:27 PM
Glacier Frost Mica CL-S

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Exclamation

[/QUOTE]

holy Shit is it just me or this almost looks like the RDX from the back
Old 08-20-2006, 01:09 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
I would have waited for the new rdx. Its supposed to blow everything else away out there, especially the new navi
Old 08-20-2006, 01:57 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats man...You should be able to sell those wheels quick
Old 08-20-2006, 02:48 PM
mio
Police

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I heard about the B9 is one of the safest SUV, I love the interior of b9 but too much plastic?

exterior is ok for me, looks safe anyway...
Old 08-20-2006, 03:38 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Use to have a SUBE

I had an '04 Forester XT. Wow that thing would kick! 0-60 in 5.3s . Had plenty of space for my bass gigging hardware, too. Changed jobs, got co. car so I couldn't complain too much. I would probably still have it. The only thing I didn't like about the Subaru was the controls on the console. Felt kinda cheap.

I've been a Honda fan for a while:
'77 Accord Hatch 5sp (Manual Choke, no PS) 175k mi
'00 Accord EX Sedan 5sp 113k mi,
'04 TL Auto working on 33k mi.

The Honda/Acura family has great controls I think. I will give Sube the thumbs up over Ford or Chevy products, though. Although I originally found the Tribeca a little awkward looking at first, it's starting to grow on me. Don't think I'll be trading in the TL for Tribeca though. My wife drives a GMC Sub w/ our 3 and 4 year olds so I get the car of choice! She loves to drive my car though. I think she makes up excuses to go "out". What's next for her? Maybe the Merc G450 or M350.

Enjoy the Sube family (they have a similar forum) and look forward to your timely return! Check out the pic...
[img=http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5157/littlesubean4.jpg]
Old 08-20-2006, 04:01 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't know, I just find those b9's to be fugly.

Dave
Old 08-20-2006, 04:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,617 Likes on 2,195 Posts
Originally Posted by leedogg
I would have waited for the new rdx. Its supposed to blow everything else away out there, especially the new navi
He said he wanted it, but his wife wanted the B9. Not totally his fault.

*cough* man lessons *cough* j/k
Old 08-21-2006, 10:43 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mio
I heard about the B9 is one of the safest SUV, I love the interior of b9 but too much plastic?

exterior is ok for me, looks safe anyway...
It actually is very safe... has a 5 star rating and thats why the wifey was up in arms about it even though i had a hissy fit for her not going with the RDX.. but again i will barely be in the country for the next year or so hence my driving it will be very limited. Also the resale value on Tribeca has the highest possible rating as well. my insueance on the other hand went up only $80 per year which i think is great. the longest trip i did on this was Drive to Delaware from NJ and it did 25mpg on the turnpike. not bad in my opinion for a 250HP SUV.

Getting back to your point about the interior... part of the dash seems to be plastic but it really does not take anything away from the interior.. I think the seats and the quality of leather in the Tribeca seems to be far more superior compared to my TL and they are much more comfi as well. The exterior grill on our truck(2006 mod) is probably the first thing i would get rid of.. the 2007 special edition model has the mesh front grill which in my opinion would look far better but costs about $600 to replace.

All in all i miss the TL but i like the B9. more importantly my sights are set on the 4th Gen TL which i hope Acura would improve compared to the issues associated with the production model(2004)...

BTW.. PM Me if interested in the wheels which i had on the TL. the are Ace Trends 19x8.5 with hankook 235/35's

Also need your opinion on the trade in i got for the TL. The dealer gave me 27K for the 05 TL which had exactly 24K miles.. thats the best i got.. most dealers were quoting me 25+K
Old 08-21-2006, 11:54 PM
Burning Brakes

my brother has the STI and his wife has the tribeca fully loaded. I driven the car and love it. its not like driving an suv.....great car!
Old 08-22-2006, 01:57 AM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I rather get the Murano with that nissan VQ in it.