3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good story of Keyes Acura... (SoCal)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Good story of Keyes Acura... (SoCal)

Hey all,

I know everyone hates Keyes Acura in Van Nuys. I went there a few months back and they fixed the rear shelf rattle I was having. So now I have been going there for my oil changes as well. They surprisingly have been really cool especially regarding all the mods to the car. My service rep is really cool and I met the mechanic that almost always works on my car and he is cool too. Well last week I broke the armrest, I called up Keyes and we set up an appt. for that afternoon. I brought it by and I was in the lobby for only ten minutes before they called me over and said they had to special order a new arm rest tray.

Well yesterday the part came in and they installed it in 10 min. While I was there I went down the their parts dept. to see how much they want for the A-Spec steering wheel. They price matched $336 and ordered it. Today they called and said it arrived and I brought it by this afternoon to put it in.

Everything so far has worked out with them. Again I know A LOT of people hate Keyes but as least for me personally they have always gone out of their way to provide good service. And to think I didn't even buy the car there!
Old 01-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Joel Saxton

007, that is one sweet looking ride. I am looking to mod it out kind of like yours. I just bought mine (07 black TL-S) from Santa Monica Acura.

How does the ride feel on those rims? I have a type-s so the suspension is already pretty stiff, so I was thinking about 18's.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:59 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thats cool....there is ahole works in the part dept at the dealer i go to so i never buy shiz from the part dept or even ask any question cuz of that ahole.

The services is very cool where i know the services manager since he is a porter at the dealer.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by joelsaxton
007, that is one sweet looking ride. I am looking to mod it out kind of like yours. I just bought mine (07 black TL-S) from Santa Monica Acura.

How does the ride feel on those rims? I have a type-s so the suspension is already pretty stiff, so I was thinking about 18's.
The ride with the teins set to pretty soft is awesome! If you already didn't have the a spec suspension I would have recommended to get the tein super streets. But overall I hear the aspec is good too.

I'll try to get pics up too of the steering wheel...
Old 01-26-2007, 01:25 AM
Joel Saxton

how much did you drop ($) on those teins?
Old 01-26-2007, 12:10 PM
Instructor

Not always true

You went into the service dept with a super modded TL, and you proceed to do your vehicle service and bought expensive parts, I expect them to love you to death.

I have a stock TL, I went in and asked the service advisor about some warranty repairs and rattling issues, and I did not feel much love at all.

Their service is acceptable, but I dont know about superb or thumbs up. I bought my vehicle there as well. The salesperson/sales experience was horrible.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Joel Saxton

were they rude? Or was it something else about the sales staff that bugged you?
Old 01-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Instructor

The salesperson was very pushy. He did not take the time to explain the features, nor was he patient in answering my questions. He did not allow me to drive much in the test drive, just around the block. He also lied on the phone about throwing in the protection package for free to get me to go to the dealership.

My guess is that it has to do with my age and my look, I look a lot younger than my actual age. But again, it is just my guess, and my experience probably cannot be used to generalize their entire staff.

I still bought from them because the price was the lowest I could find in 5 dealerships within acceptable distance. After sales complete, he did not make an effort for after sales contact to make sure things are okay. Seems to me he just makes his commission off my sale and then toss me away.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Joel Saxton

yep. sounds somewhat typical.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:40 PM
Instructor

btw u got a 07 TL? nice color choice hehe mine is 06 NBP too. Black cars rule!
Old 01-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Got VTEC?

ubond007, you're car is wicked! No wonder they love you! And definately post some pictures of the A-Spec Steering Wheel.

Matt
Old 01-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jimmyl729
You went into the service dept with a super modded TL, and you proceed to do your vehicle service and bought expensive parts, I expect them to love you to death.

I have a stock TL, I went in and asked the service advisor about some warranty repairs and rattling issues, and I did not feel much love at all.

Their service is acceptable, but I dont know about superb or thumbs up. I bought my vehicle there as well. The salesperson/sales experience was horrible.
The "service" was warranty work on the armrest that I broke so no money out of my pocket. Yeah the steering wheel was expensive but they price matched it and I didn't even have to show them where I saw that price. I just told him I saw it online for 336 and he matched it. Now you said the "sales" was bad and I wholeheartedly agree! That is why I didn't buy mine there. Like I originally posted I know their service is generally not known for being top notch. I was merely offering some commendable praise for a job they did very well! Maybe its my car, maybe its the service rep, either way I was just sharing a good experience I had!!