Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 03-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ecliptics
gl on your hearing man. not sure if you caught this cause you asked how he won his case in the thread you posted saying you had a similar case..

if your cars that bad i hope you win. acura does need to clean up their act from a lot of the bs i read about how they take care of situations where they car is actually bad.. they just kind of tell you "dont trip theres nothing wrong keep driving it"
Thank you man, i hope so 2!!!

Old 03-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kostyan
whats a "harmonic vibration"? After Honda replaced the tires, do you have it written on a paper that this defect still persists and can not be fixed? What about asking the dealer to temporarily swap the wheels and tires from any other TL on the lot without this problem, and going from there?

When I was buying my car (it was brand new), I asked the dealer to let me test drive it. It had a weird vibration which appeared at 50 mph+. I just simply refused to buy this one and demanded they pull another one from their lot, and after test driving that, made sure it doesnt have this problem, and this is the one I am currently driving. This will be a lesson to you to test drive anything before you buy.

Not to rain on the parade but look bro Acura got lawyers up theirs. You def. should try to do this on your own first, but if that doesnt work dont even bother spending $ for hiring a lawyer because it will cost you more. Dump your car for another one. A clean 07 TL will fetch high 20's, and it is ok to loose a few grand in the first year of depreciation. Doing that instead of getting a lawyer at 350/hr is better because under terms of arbitration, there may be no excess invconvenience costs and very limited legal fees reimbursemernt, so you may come out even worse.

this is Harmonic Vibration

Old 03-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by riomp300
Oh really, last time you wanted to file lemon law against Acura for a squeeky window and bad radio reception . Have fun arguing those defects substantially impairs the cars use, value, or safety
Old 03-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Advanced

Old 03-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Advanced

Old 03-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Advanced

Old 03-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Black07TL
bro this is what im trying to say, its not as hard as yall are making it out to be,

for godsake ... someone got a buyback due to a blue tooth malfunction wtfff

also check the one for rattles and spots in the paint...
Old 03-07-2008, 03:28 PM
A J35A8 EG civic is in

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
I find the funniest one "outside temperature gauge inaccurate"
Old 03-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TL1999
WT, are you going to court for vibration?
Old 03-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by sunny201
I find the funniest one "outside temperature gauge inaccurate"
tell me about it

lol
Old 03-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Advanced

tell me about it

lol

Old 03-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,430 Posts
black tl, you have failed to notice something important. All of these vehicle owners filed for the lemon-law in the state of Florida, it does not mean that they won their case and got their money back or a new car. I have gone through the lemon law process recently with the state of florida on my old MDX and when acura settles with you, they lay out several options for you:
1. Get new car of same configuration if available, this is only offered on severe cases that affect the car's drive ability (no start in my case)
2. Money settlement, I was offered this but I had to keep my current MDX and allow honda engineers more time with it.
3. A chance to drop the case if it deemed that the problem is unimportant such as rattles or the problem is solved by the final repair attempt.

All lemon law records will stay with the state of florida, they will not be erased. You do have to remember that the TL has been sold for almost 5 years now, and it has sold over 216000 TL's. (4k a month, 4.5 years) florida has had only 1.38 E-4 cases of the entire TL line.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Wocoomrd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You have NO case.

The arbitration judge will be mad that you wasted his/her time.

Especially the part that says "BLUE TOOTH PHONE"? What does a phone have to do with the car being underivable? The complaints you filed is not strong enough.

Such a shame that you don't understand the lemon law too well.

Let me explain:

I had a 2001 Mercedes E430. Within the six months, my car spent a total of 35 calendar days at the dealer. My car only had 5k miles on it.

My ABS system failed, speedometer went dead, ODO went out completely, starter had to be replaced twice, the SOS assist went haywire, the car's engine would just shut itself off while driving. Mercedes sent a total of 5 engineers to fix my car and simply couldn't figure out what the heck was causing all those problems.

By the 7th month of owning the car, I sued Mercedes under the Georgia Lemon Law. The arbitration Judge said to me: "You simply paid 75k for a useless piece of steel" By that point, I just wanted to settle for the price I paid for so I told the judge I want my original money back.

I highly doubt your Acura is anything compared to the German steel I purchased. The judge told me that he would throw out majority of the cases that comes in but mine was an exception.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:36 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by DrMooCow
You have NO case.

Especially the part that says "BLUE TOOTH PHONE"? What does a phone have to do with the car being underivable? The complaints you filed is not strong enough.

Let me explain:

I had a 2001 Mercedes E430. Within the six months, my car spent a total of 35 calendar days at the dealer. My car only had 5k miles on it.

My ABS system failed, speedometer went dead, ODO went out completely, starter had to be replaced twice, the SOS assist went haywire, the car's engine would just shut itself off while driving. Mercedes sent a total of 5 engineers to fix my car and simply couldn't figure out what the heck was causing all those problems.

By the 7th month of owning the car, I sued Mercedes under the Georgia Lemon Law. The arbitration Judge said to me: "You simply paid 75k for a useless piece of steel" By that point, I just wanted to settle for the price I paid for so I told the judge I want my original money back.

I highly doubt your Acura is anything compared to the German steel I purchased. The judge told me that he would throw out majority of the cases that comes in but mine was an exception.
Lucky you were able to get that fixed so quickly. My friends parents 7 series well lets just say it took a full year to get them to buy back. So many different things broke on the car it's not even funny. over the year they owned it the car was in the shop 165 days. Now that and your Mercedes are lemon law cars.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:54 PM
Advanced

You have no case, there I said it ...
Old 03-07-2008, 11:39 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Hahahahahah "BRAKE CONCERNS"

i bought my 06 TL, and within ... not lieing... 8 days i was at the dealership, getting my master cylinder replaced and VSA module... everybody who knows me, knows my whole brake adventure from day one... shit... its the reason i joined this forum!!! because my brakes were f*ked up...

anyways, over the next 3 months, i had the master cylinder replaced twice... so i read up really well on my Lemon Laws in NY

these cases are NOT that rare, but i assure you, they are not some regular joe walking into court and getting their car purchased back from Acura. These people usually had lawyers...

NY law was like first 12 months / 12,000 miles... then up to 18,000 miles, but a slight penalty per milke... like .5 cent or something... i think NY also had a statute that the car must have spent at least 30 days in the shop for repair in the given time frame

What boggles my mind , is some that one car was bought back for OUTSIDE TEMP GAUGE DOESNT WORK, with 37,000 miles.... thats past most manufacturers warranty...

Plus, these customers are probably people who have nothing better to do then go to the dealership once a week for some type of service... when you work in any kind of retail, cars or not, that kind of person is there.. eventually, the retailer says FUCK IT.. and gives you back your money..

i could imagine the person with the temp gauge problem, would complain because the local banks outside tempeture on their big billboard display would say 82, and his car would say 80 and he probably brought the car to acura like everyday bitching

If you really, really reallyyyy wanna get this car lemon lawed, you need to start bringing your ass there like every week for the same complaint.. my
Old 03-07-2008, 11:46 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike00
Now that and your Mercedes are lemon law cars.
a family friend of ours had the slightly older body.. like an 02 or 03 CL500.. what a piece of shit!! in the first like 2 months, it spent like 20+ days or something in the shop... similar problems like the other guy had.... speedo went out, fuel tank float broke (pain in the ass to fix), engine shut off, electrical NIGHTMARE.....

Rallye Mercedes, took it back with the QUICKNESS, and upgrade them to the CL600, for the same monthly payment (lease)..... whats f"cked up is , i dont think they lemon lawed it back.. they like bought back or"traded it in" and probably pawned off to Masters Auto or one of those terrible places on Northern Blvd or Jamaica Ave in queens...

you could always just sell your car man. or trade it in to a dealership if you own the car free and clear
Old 03-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Wocoomrd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You have NO case.

Let me explain:

The entire process took about two months. I was able to get them to also refund the extended warranty I purchased from Mercedes. The car was a great car to drive and is such a beautiful car. I personally won't buy a Mercedes ever again unless their quality improves greatly.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:37 AM
B A N N E D

You guys are all miss-reading these court documents from FL. If you notice about 3/4 way down on the left hand side -- All of these vehicles were in fact LEMONS and transferred to FLORIDA STATE AUTO AUCTION
Old 03-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by csmeance
black tl, you have failed to notice something important. All of these vehicle owners filed for the lemon-law in the state of Florida, it does not mean that they won their case and got their money back or a new car. I have gone through the lemon law process recently with the state of florida on my old MDX and when acura settles with you, they lay out several options for you:
1. Get new car of same configuration if available, this is only offered on severe cases that affect the car's drive ability (no start in my case)
2. Money settlement, I was offered this but I had to keep my current MDX and allow honda engineers more time with it.
3. A chance to drop the case if it deemed that the problem is unimportant such as rattles or the problem is solved by the final repair attempt.

All lemon law records will stay with the state of florida, they will not be erased. You do have to remember that the TL has been sold for almost 5 years now, and it has sold over 216000 TL's. (4k a month, 4.5 years) florida has had only 1.38 E-4 cases of the entire TL line.
lol yes they did get their cars bought back, these are straight from them...

http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/...B?OpenDocument

Old 03-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Advanced

You have NO case.

Let me explain:

sir your misreading the documents, those are documents of TL's that have been bought back through the lemon law process in Florida, that is not my case what so ever, THE BLUETOOTH MALFUNCTION WAS AN ACTUAL CASE THAT WON! AND GOT THEIR MONEY BACK!!!
Old 03-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Igor911
You guys are all miss-reading these court documents from FL. If you notice about 3/4 way down on the left hand side -- All of these vehicles were in fact LEMONS and transferred to FLORIDA STATE AUTO AUCTION
i dont understand why the majority of the people are so rude and scared of Acura's lawyers

Old 03-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Can I ask, not sure if this has been asked. But do you live in florida?
Old 03-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Fulani has a TL
Can I ask, not sure if this has been asked. But do you live in florida?
of course I am lol
Old 03-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
a family friend of ours had the slightly older body.. like an 02 or 03 CL500.. what a piece of shit!! in the first like 2 months, it spent like 20+ days or something in the shop... similar problems like the other guy had.... speedo went out, fuel tank float broke (pain in the ass to fix), engine shut off, electrical NIGHTMARE.....

Rallye Mercedes, took it back with the QUICKNESS, and upgrade them to the CL600, for the same monthly payment (lease)..... whats f"cked up is , i dont think they lemon lawed it back.. they like bought back or"traded it in" and probably pawned off to Masters Auto or one of those terrible places on Northern Blvd or Jamaica Ave in queens...

you could always just sell your car man. or trade it in to a dealership if you own the car free and clear
thats what they want you to do, they want you to get so fed up that you end up trading it in.

my father made this mistake, he bought a silverado... it was pulling to the left, took it to the BBB arbritration .. Lost... than traded it in for an F-150...

the result was losing alot of $$ and having 2 loans in one
Old 03-10-2008, 10:17 AM
B A N N E D

Don't you usually need a lawyer to file for a lemon, or can normal consumers file for these type of things without legal representation?
Old 03-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Don't you usually need a lawyer to file for a lemon, or can normal consumers file for these type of things without legal representation?
In Florida at least, you do not need an atty. Don't know about other states.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,107 Likes on 765 Posts
A consumer or individual can always file for an arbitration or a lawsuit without a lawyer.
However, a lawyer would (or should) have much more familiarity and experience with the procedural and legal issues that will likely arise.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Will Y.
A consumer or individual can always file for an arbitration or a lawsuit without a lawyer.
However, a lawyer would (or should) have much more familiarity and experience with the procedural and legal issues that will likely arise.
all the lawyers I called told me its better to go alone, all the lawyer would do is babysit.

Please wish me luck yall
Old 03-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Racer

Good luck man. I think some people are too emotionally attached to Acura's or their TL to hear others bitch about a crappy TL. It just a car. 5 years from now most of us will not even own the ones we have now. Maybe still have an Acura. Maybe not. Who cares? Its not like religion or something.

all the lawyers I called told me its better to go alone, all the lawyer would do is babysit.

Please wish me luck yall
Old 03-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jcondon
Good luck man. I think some people are too emotionally attached to Acura's or their TL to hear others bitch about a crappy TL. It just a car. 5 years from now most of us will not even own the ones we have now. Maybe still have an Acura. Maybe not. Who cares? Its not like religion or something.
i know its pretty sad, they cry and defend their Acura's with great pride lol

if they were in my situation they would understand and pinpoint the stress and madness this puts you through.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:35 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You are definitely right on the BBB - they are in-bed with the car manufacturers. That's why all manufacturers near "beg" you to contact the BBB first. Once you've gone through that ordeal many folks just give up etc.. A win-win for the manufacturer.

I went through the same thing with an early 04 Maxima, had terrible vibrations (other than tires). During the BBB arbitration Nissan literally confessed that they had a vibration issue with the 04 Maxima. Yet deemed it a "normal characteristic of the vehicle." Before the Nissan rep could finish that sentence the BBB arbitrator leaned over to me and stated: "well, if it's a normal characteristic we are done here." It was truly a disgusting display that the BBB had no interest in the consumer, just the manufacturer. The day I received the BBB arbitration results I filed my state lemon law paperwork. Within two weeks (about the time Nissan received my claim from the state), the dealership called and bought the car back. I lost about $2500 overall yet ran away as fast as I could... I basically "rented/leased" the car for 6 months...

Overall I wish you well. This type of issue and the time, effort, and emotion that goes with it is extremely trying and stressful. I felt like it consumed me for several of those 6 months.
Now, if everything goes in a direction other than you desire, either accept it and live with it or take the lumps and the loss and get rid of the vehicle. It's not worth continuing the mental torture you are living with now.

Good luck
Old 03-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Instructor

No offense to the OP, but I would neither invest a lot of time nor hope in this venture, unless, you have a good supply of both. As I am someone whose work/life/sanity revolves around the courtroom, granted it is the criminal side, I have learned a great deal of what gives success in it. I see a number of obstacles facing your decision to proceed without a lawyer (you said you would consider one upon your loss of your case); you do not present yourself as a very articulate person and you have supplied no substantive argument. These problems may not be "in extant" and may result from the informality of the forum, but, if they are the case, a competent defendant will quickly make these problems an advantage. So far the main argument you have made for your success is the link to the "buy backs"; you might have some ground because of their precedent but you do not know the circumstances surrounding these cases. While the results of these cases may be your desired outcome, the manner in which they were performed or on what grounds is unknown to you. As you seem to be very enterprising in taking on litigation (which is treacherous for a layperson), I would recommend you try to obtain as much information about these cases (such as a court transcript, anything that is public record) because your case could easily be dismissed by the judge before you have a chance to even appear. Also, I would try to speak with these individuals who had success. Keep us updated with your efforts, even if they fail. God knows people will be resurrecting this thread with its auspicious title. Best of luck.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by dejavecu
No offense to the OP, but I would neither invest a lot of time nor hope in this venture, unless, you have a good supply of both. As I am someone whose work/life/sanity revolves around the courtroom, granted it is the criminal side, I have learned a great deal of what gives success in it. I see a number of obstacles facing your decision to proceed without a lawyer (you said you would consider one upon your loss of your case); you do not present yourself as a very articulate person and you have supplied no substantive argument. These problems may not be "in extant" and may result from the informality of the forum, but, if they are the case, a competent defendant will quickly make these problems an advantage. So far the main argument you have made for your success is the link to the "buy backs"; you might have some ground because of their precedent but you do not know the circumstances surrounding these cases. While the results of these cases may be your desired outcome, the manner in which they were performed or on what grounds is unknown to you. As you seem to be very enterprising in taking on litigation (which is treacherous for a layperson), I would recommend you try to obtain as much information about these cases (such as a court transcript, anything that is public record) because your case could easily be dismissed by the judge before you have a chance to even appear. Also, I would try to speak with these individuals who had success. Keep us updated with your efforts, even if they fail. God knows people will be resurrecting this thread with its auspicious title. Best of luck.
Its not a trial like your thinking. When you file for a lemon, your process is pre-screened by the attorney general's office, therefore since I have been accepted that means I have a chance of winning or else they would have denied my case. My *arbitration date is the 13th, I hope I have success as well.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:03 AM
71Q

I had a shitbox diesel 6.0 04' F-250 before my tl. It was a loaded Harley Davidson truck. Biggest shitbox on planet earth. I tried REAL hard to deal with it accordingly, but ford screwed me. I traded it for a 1k loss after 30k miles on it for my TL. I got out lucky!

I hope you can get so lucky, these are only fancy accords anyhow. You going to take a new one if they offer it?

No matter the case, good luck to ya!
Take care
Mark
Old 03-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Instructor

Its not a trial like your thinking. When you file for a lemon, your process is pre-screened by the attorney general's office, therefore since I have been accepted that means I have a chance of winning or else they would have denied my case. My *arbitration date is the 13th, I hope I have success as well.
Arbitration comes from the Latin word arbitrare, to be judged. The manner is not the same in civil court as criminal court but the dynamics are. You will to still be on trial of sorts but you still have the burden of evidence. Criminal cases are pre-screened by the DA (or one of the lackeys) as well and my main concern for you is that you enter with expectation that your fumblings will be tolerated.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by dejavecu
Arbitration comes from the Latin word arbitrare, to be judged. The manner is not the same in civil court as criminal court but the dynamics are. You will to still be on trial of sorts but you still have the burden of evidence. Criminal cases are pre-screened by the DA (or one of the lackeys) as well and my main concern for you is that you enter with expectation that your fumblings will be tolerated.
I understand you 100%, but I have been to the BBB one before and its more simplistic than your making it out to be. I called yesterday and they told me they walk you through it, they dont expect you to be Johnnie Cochran lol.

Thanks for looking out, wish me luck
Old 03-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 722ish
I had a shitbox diesel 6.0 04' F-250 before my tl. It was a loaded Harley Davidson truck. Biggest shitbox on planet earth. I tried REAL hard to deal with it accordingly, but ford screwed me. I traded it for a 1k loss after 30k miles on it for my TL. I got out lucky!

I hope you can get so lucky, these are only fancy accords anyhow. You going to take a new one if they offer it?

No matter the case, good luck to ya!
Take care
Mark
dam u only lost 1k after 30k miles!! u got really lucky!!

i have about 25k if they offer me a type s with a special warrenty ill take it

other than that i rather boost my credit take the money back and buy a used gs-300
Old 03-11-2008, 03:53 PM
B A N N E D

It's actually a pretty simple process with the BBB.

You simply just fill out the appropriate form on their website. They will then submit your information to Acura Corporate and also prepare a packet to be mailed to you with necessary forms/documentation. You then fill-out all of the necessary information and submit your service records back to the BBB. The BBB then notifies the special department over at Acura and they will start the case from there-on. You will then be notified later on by either the BBB, Acura Corp. or both with an outcome of your situation. Sometimes these cases are solved out of court and sometimes you will have to go and present your case in front of a judge. They will hold your hand throughout the entire process.

Sit tight and good luck.

Quick Reply: Going to Arbitration Next week with my 2007 TL Base Automatic