3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frankel Acura's Service Department stole from me!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 06:24 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frankel Acura's Service Department stole from me!!!!

Grrrrrr....!!!!!!

I had a problem with my car where the ABS, TCS and the exclamation mark on the intrument cluster was coming on and would not go off. I took it in to the dealership two weeks ago with an understanding that it would take about a day or two to fix.

Well, due to the fact that I didn't schedule this appointment early enough, I had no car to drive around for two days...after bugging them about not having a car and the fact that they still haven't figured out what the problem was by day three, they caved in and contacted a car rental place where they got me a Ford Focus to drive around. I had to drive that P.O.S. for 5 days.

Then came the second week where they finally got me in a TSX but still haven't figured out what the problem was. They had replaced a faulty ABS module but it seems that the warning lights still persisted. However, it seems that the actual problem was a faulty fuse box which they replaced under warranty.

So the day came where they told me that the car ready to be picked up. So like a giddy lil' kid on christmas morning, I raced to the dealership to finally get my car. But when I got in, the car had like 1 mile left for gas and the exclamation light came on and even though I pressed the TCS button, it stayed on. I told the service guy about and he said you need to put gas in the car and it should go off.

So I went to gas station where I put $20 of gas but the light still stayed on. Called the service guy and he told me to being the car back...Arrgh. Well it seems that they didn't "reinitialize" the new sensors and ABS modules....and the problem was finally fixed.

But the main reason I am so pissed off is that various items were missing from the car when I got it back. A DVD-A disk of Linkin Park that was in the CD changer, a car charger for my iPod which was in the center console and all the quarters in my change bin. I have called the service guy and complained about it and he said thet they can only reimburse me for the missing DVD-A disc and the missing change but not the iPod charger b/c the mechanic who worked on my car already has an iPod and a charger himself so why would he need to steal one? That was the explanation I got. if I had knew that it was going to take 2 weeks to fix the car, I would've emptied the car prior to bringing it in.

I tried to contact the service manager but my attempts to contact him have been unsuccessful...seems that everytime I call, he not there that day or he had just left for the day. I asked if he has voice mail or email but the guy said they had no voice mail and doesn't know his email address.

So I resorted to contacting Acura customer relations/client services and filed a formal complaint. But I wanted the ppl on this forum to know about this crappy dealership.

If you live in Maryland, DO NOT GO TO FRANKEL ACURA for service. THEY WILL STEAL FROM YOU!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2005, 06:31 PM
AVB for President!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I guess its too late to say this, but I'd make sure the next time you take your car TO anywhere for ANY service to dump out your stuff, OR, make a list and have them sign off on all the things that are there. If anything is missing, they are liable. Of course, this is a lot harder to accomplish, so the first option is still the best.

But seriously, I don't know what else you could possibly do. Their explanation as to not replacing the charger is also bunk! I'd try to get concessions from them in the form of products/services instead of trying to get the charger back. Heck, they might give you more in return.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:54 PM
Advanced

Where in MD are you. I go to Criswell Acura in Annapolis. They were fine.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by chaeric
Grrrrrr....!!!!!!
I have called the service guy and complained about it and he said thet they can only reimburse me for the missing DVD-A disc and the missing change but not the iPod charger b/c the mechanic who worked on my car already has an iPod and a charger himself so why would he need to steal one? That was the explanation I got. if I had knew that it was going to take 2 weeks to fix the car, I would've emptied the car prior to bringing it in.
I would of been raising hell if that idiot would of said this to me. Its funny, but also the most dumbest excuse I have ever heard. He's saying that a guy may have a million dollars, therefore he doesnt need another million?

Im also surprised they didnt give you a loaner on the spot. Wow! You're scaring me now! My friends who have BMW's and INfiniti's ALWAYS get loaner cars without a hassle.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Intermediate

Frankle Acura sucks...Scott Donaldson(Service Manager) sucks and most of the writers there suck as well....Hell even people at the 800 number even suck....Where has customer service and the customer is always right gone too???
Old 10-17-2005, 08:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go to Rosenthal Acura (I know it is a long ride to get there bit it is worth it).
Old 10-17-2005, 08:29 PM
Instructor

In your area, assuming still Ellicott City, you could also try Norris just down Rt 40 from you, or Tischer on 198 in Laurel (which is where I bought mine and I'd go there if I needed something too much for me to handle), or as ragged suggested there's Criswell in Annapolis.

'Course, I don't know where you need to go to for work, which clearly influences where to take the car! Just making suggestions.

Sorry to hear that story, man. It's a plain shitty thing for a supposedly upscale outfit to do
Old 10-17-2005, 09:00 PM
~HondaF1~

Received 110 Likes on 89 Posts
Courtesy Acura in Central FL are great!
Old 10-17-2005, 09:33 PM
Intermediate

Yeah, I work in Towson which definately influenced my decision on where I took the car for service. Another thing that made me mad was that I found a screw in the middle console and I don't know where that screw came from. They told me that the car goes through a "quality assurance" process and my car passed...they don't seem to have a shortage of BS to give me.

And the craziest thing of it all is that when I picked up my car, my service guy(Joe Munoz) asked me to put "satisfactory" when I get a survey from JD Power Associates. I don't think I should lie to them about my experience with Frankel Acura.

I bought my car at Acura West in Ellicott City btw and I'm so glad that I did.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:32 PM
Cold Racketeer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love how you complain of theft which is not a customer service issue but a SERIOUS CRIME, and they tell you he already has an ipod charger. They basically told you he probably stole the other stuff, but he wouldn't have stolen that because he has one already... LOLOLOL When you think about what people tell you between the lines sometimes.... hilarious. If you had only had something good in your car he could have done better for himself... HAHA
Old 10-17-2005, 10:32 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by R J Poseidon 6
Courtesy Acura in Central FL are great!
OK, do you know that he is from Maryland and that coming to central florida for a service would be an 18 hour drive?
Old 10-17-2005, 10:59 PM
Advanced

I usually take CDs and stuff out of my car anytime I take it in for service... then you don't have to worry about things missing when you pick your car back up
Old 10-18-2005, 05:12 AM
Intermediate

I am actually going back to Frankel today to jam a steering wheel up someones ass. The story is that I took the car in with the complaint that the steering wheel was misformed around the buttons(radio & cruise). One side had a bigger gap than the other. Of course I get the BS of that is normal....HMM...Pretty interesting. So I bought another steering wheel and installed it myself. Come to find out the rubber that the steering wheel is actually made of is starting to crack under the leather...Thus...Not retaining proper shape. It will be interesting to see what they say today....This is why I dread going to the dealer...Even for warranty...I would rather buy the part and fix it myself.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:14 AM
Intermediate

Oh...And by the way...I live in Dundalk and work in Owings Mills....Norris Acura could be a possibility...But Criswell and even Tischer would be too far in a different direction.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:23 AM
HMFIC

I don't even bother with the dealer for little warranty items. The paint on my bumper is peeling a tiny bit where the headlight meets the bumper. It's not worth the time, effort, scratches, nor missing parts that would arise from having a dealer make a repair. I'll live with that tiny little defect. Obviously, I do my own maintenance.

I always laugh when I see car ads that state "professionally maintained". Ha, that's a joke if I ever saw one.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:20 AM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd file a police report. The service manager basically admitted that one of his employees stole the other items and he doesn't plan to do anything about it other than reimburse you. If he stole from you then he's probably stealing from others too and should be arrested and then fired on the spot.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

That's what they call total luxury care... Come on guys get with the program the techs do not give a crap about your personal property. i am not saying they are all bad I am saying they do not give a crap about the property whereby they either ignore it or take it... they always deny it.

they do everything by the book and nothing else... lesson learned.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:00 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by speedracerIII
Oh...And by the way...I live in Dundalk and work in Owings Mills....Norris Acura could be a possibility...But Criswell and even Tischer would be too far in a different direction.
Off-topic:
Dundalk <=> Owings Mills = Shitty commute. Going home on a rainy Friday has to be one of your favorite things, eh? Sorry 'bout that. I used to do Catonsville <=> Silver Spring -- no real good way to do that either.

Back to topic:
Is there any other Acura dealer in like North Arundel or South Balt.? Can't think of one in Glen Burnie area...
Old 10-18-2005, 07:20 PM
Intermediate

Yeah the commute sucks...But I have a great job with great pay...So its all good. I took the car in today and was told since I went ahead and replaced the steering wheel myself...That they are not sure what they can do...As if implying that I should have brought it to them to have it checked. But I did...Duh!! Anyway...Wants to talk to the factory rep and see what can be worked out...Whatever...I tell you what would make me go away...A spoiler at cost or even free...I will let you know how that works out...LOL
Old 10-18-2005, 07:26 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Gives a whole new meaning to stealership.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:38 PM
Intermediate

Frankel Acura comments

I bought an RL from Frankel Acura three weeks ago, and they don't know what dealer prep means (see my other thread in the RL forum). I took my 1998 RL to them once for service and vowed "never again." I got a great price for the '05 Acura RL but will never use their service department. The whole place treats me worse than Bill Kidd's Volvo/Toyota across the street. Maybe they should do some crosstraining...
Old 10-19-2005, 12:01 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by scrb09
OK, do you know that he is from Maryland and that coming to central florida for a service would be an 18 hour drive?
At least it'll be a nice drive!
Old 10-19-2005, 03:37 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by chaeric
I have called the service guy and complained about it and he said thet they can only reimburse me for the missing DVD-A disc and the missing change but not the iPod charger b/c the mechanic who worked on my car already has an iPod and a charger himself so why would he need to steal one?
So essentially he admitted that any items in the car that their mechanics don't already have are at risk of being stolen? That's exactly what it sounds like to me. What a stupid response. This guy should be fired immediately.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:51 AM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
So essentially he admitted that any items in the car that their mechanics don't already have are at risk of being stolen? That's exactly what it sounds like to me. What a stupid response. This guy should be fired immediately.
I give the service fella an "A" for inadvertent honesty....
-- To bad he receives the same (and extra credit) for stupidity....

The dealership probably wouldn't fire him though, rather they would commend him for "smartly handling the situation"... I tell ya, they train these guys to be "this" good
Old 10-19-2005, 08:56 AM
I6

I'm surprised the tech didn't try to steal your HIDs.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:20 AM
Yes, he did that

Call the police, and file a report. Have them show up and you show up and meet the manager. At least you will give them a bad rep, and then go to a different dealer .
Old 10-19-2005, 02:21 PM
black on black on bla....

go down to the dealership and get ur shit back
Old 10-25-2005, 06:01 PM
Cruisin'

So do any dealers in the Balt-DC corridor do loaners for warranty service. I just picked up a 05 TL at Norris Acura, but my last car was a 98 Lexus GS. I can't say enough about Lexus customer service - they'd come pick up the car and leave me a Lexus loaner - just for an oil change. "Slightly" more expensive than Jiffy Lube, but they always made me feel like a wanted customer.

BTW.. I think the tech didn't steal the HIDs, because his car already has them
Old 07-10-2008, 03:33 PM
4th Gear

I am actually going back to Frankel today to jam a steering wheel up someones ass. The story is that I took the car in with the complaint that the steering wheel was misformed around the buttons(radio & cruise). One side had a bigger gap than the other. Of course I get the BS of that is normal....HMM...Pretty interesting. So I bought another steering wheel and installed it myself. Come to find out the rubber that the steering wheel is actually made of is starting to crack under the leather...Thus...Not retaining proper shape. It will be interesting to see what they say today....This is why I dread going to the dealer...Even for warranty...I would rather buy the part and fix it myself.
PLEASE BRING THE STEERING WHEEL YOU BOUGHT PRIOR TO INSTALLING IT IN SOMEONE'S REAR END.I DONT KEEP GLOVES IN MY OFFICE.APPARENTLY YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH THE PROCEDURE.(NOT THAT THERES ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT)DON'T WANNA BE JUDGIN!
Old 07-10-2008, 03:38 PM
4th Gear

Yeah the commute sucks...But I have a great job with great pay...So its all good. I took the car in today and was told since I went ahead and replaced the steering wheel myself...That they are not sure what they can do...As if implying that I should have brought it to them to have it checked. But I did...Duh!! Anyway...Wants to talk to the factory rep and see what can be worked out...Whatever...I tell you what would make me go away...A spoiler at cost or even free...I will let you know how that works out...LOL
UM, I DON'T THINK SO SPEED.EXTORT ALOT SPEED?
Old 07-10-2008, 03:42 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by ishanb
I bought an RL from Frankel Acura three weeks ago, and they don't know what dealer prep means (see my other thread in the RL forum). I took my 1998 RL to them once for service and vowed "never again." I got a great price for the '05 Acura RL but will never use their service department. The whole place treats me worse than Bill Kidd's Volvo/Toyota across the street. Maybe they should do some crosstraining...
OR MAYBE IT'S SOMETHING ELSE?
Old 07-10-2008, 03:44 PM
4th Gear

Frankle Acura sucks...Scott Donaldson(Service Manager) sucks and most of the writers there suck as well....Hell even people at the 800 number even suck....Where has customer service and the customer is always right gone too???
COWARD!
Old 07-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Keeping it simple

Well when I had my Land Rover I had to take it in for service....

I had a box and amp in the back....I showed the service advisor the equipment and asked for a tool to remove it, they said that I didnt have too...So I left, it was a friday that this happen, I pick the car up on Monday and oh guess what, missing system with no force entry...

They just said that they were not responsible for things left in the car...what BS...I even had a lawyer send them a letter and still didnt do anything...

I didnt want to spend the money to take them to court...So i just left it,.....
Old 07-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
This guy dredges up a 3 year old post to harass someone? I smell a :ban: coming
Old 07-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Keeping it simple

OH SNAP!!!

I didnt even see the dates...

Old post FTL!!
Old 07-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Pro

Yea norris stole from me to. why is it that you get better treatment at a honda dealer than at a acura dealer? i just dont fuckin get it. its sad really.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:48 PM
B16 Swapped TL

Wonder if someone is associated with this service department lol.......

You would think that companies these days would have learned that responding to these sorts of complaints online in any negative kind of manner never helps and sometimes incites an internet backlash. Happened many times. Oh wells.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:07 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
lo. i think mr. truthdetector is an employee or the service manager of Frankel Acura... just my
Old 07-13-2010, 10:43 AM
1st Gear

Smile Sorry

I may be banned for bumping, but that's okay with me. I am not an employee of Frankel Acura, but I will say, I have had very good service there. And Scott Donaldson, service manager, isn't bad like the person a few posts up says. Well, I don't really know him, but he was nice when I spoke to him.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:49 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Resurrection! First, welcome, motoracex. Second, you won't be banned for this, lol.

Quick Reply: Frankel Acura's Service Department stole from me!!!!