3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Follow-Up/Update to Duval Acura Forging My Signature.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Follow-Up/Update to Duval Acura Forging My Signature.

So far this is what's been going on.

In case this is all news to you here's where it all started

I haven't been able to do much about this whole situation because I've been going thru some other more important stuff like transitioning from the military. Got hired and moved to New Jersey.

Asst Service Manager at Duval Acura got Fired or "given an option". Either way he's no longer there. The story ACCORDING TO 3 of Duval Acura employees is that he got involved in some sort of sexual harrassment issue that they're keeping on the "hush" but from what I was told by one of the employee's who is naturally annonymous, the guy was the one who forged my signature and that's why he got fired. Of course with a cover-up story so they're not accomplices to forgery which is a felony. So now Shannon Vaden works as a manager with some new Mazda dealership close to Avenues Mall. I'm thinking the only way he'd be able to get a job that quickly after a sexual harrasment case is if there was some sort of cover up arrangement with the Duval Acura dealership. Am I making sense? THIS IS ALL HEARSAY at this point seeing as I have no means of 100% verification of any info given me by Acura employees. I believe every word of the above and regard the dealership employee source as a very credible one however it's left to you to deduce from the above what you may. There's a 1% possibility that it's false in my opinion.
And yes, I put his name on blast with the disclaimer for a reason. Shannon Vaden's the manager who was quick to call my insurance agency and accuse me of insurance fraud.

I have in my spare time pursued this issue as far as I can to no avail so far. I reported the case to the police and they let it hang because "We can't just arrest the whole dealership. We have no proof of the exact identity of the criminal who forged the sig." So the case is just there untouched for almost 2 months. I now have the name of the thief from an inside source to be Shannon Vaden but I can't just give that info to the police if I am not able to furnish the name of the witness who is scared to lose his job.

I tried going the route of tackling them from their license source. Started from Florida department of Business and Professional Regulations but apparently they handle almost every sort of license BUT auto dealer licenses. I was referred to Duval County dealer license regulators which happen to be the DMV for whatever county you're in in Florida and they pretty much were useless. Telling me there's nothing they can do about it, I should let it go.

Meanwhile the wheels and tires that started the whole thing have been giving me a shitty ride for months now and eventually I was told by Orange Park Acura that I need to go see Duval Acura about it. Somehow they had fucked my car up and they should be the ones to fix it or it will cost me. I was better off going there anyway because they should be able to replace the tires and or rims under warranty because they were a problem.

I went to Duval Acura to get that fixed. They checked my allignment and were unusually nice and polite. The next night I went out for a ride and the car was worse. I took a look at it the next morning and my tire was flat. I couldn't do much at this point but to replace it with a donut. This happened at the worst time ever. I was still trying to replace the tire when a tow truck that was supposed to be taking my car away for transportation to Jersey pulled up. I recieved my car in Jersey on Wednesday and last Thursday I went searching for a place to fix it and the very first guy to look at it told me it had to be a sabotage. He pumped air into the tire and it was pretty much gushing out of a hole ON THE SIDE(OUTSIDE) OF THE TIRE, NOT UNDERNEATH OR ON THE PORTION THAT THE TIRE TOUCHES THE GROUND. There was no scratch on the low profile rims whatsoever. There was nothing around the hole either, so obviously
someone must have used a screw driver or something to stab it and it got bigger as you drove.
IN THE TIRE SHOP GUY'S WORDS. I was offered a written professional statement if I need any in the future.
On the spot I started trying to think back to who and why anyone would do that to me. I've no enemies. Then I realised the flat happened the day after I left Duval Acura. I called them immediately and I was furious. I asked for the manager but he "wasn't available", so I told the idiot on the phone to have him call me ASAP or else. He asked some pretty dumb questions and I was pissed so I guess I was a lil too loud for him and he hung up. I haven't heard from them yet. My thanksgiving trip to NY got fucked on that note. I'm still driving around on a donut while I wait for my paycheck and I'm not even sure what to do at this point about it. I think I'll just get a new set of wheels/tires for this snow period and keep my 18" motegi's somewhere till I decide what kind of tires to put on them.

At this point, I'm so pissed off. I have all these bills to take care of with me moving down to Jersey and all. I don't need extra crap like this. Then it's snow season too. Can't be driving on a donut. I'll post a photo of the tire later tommorrow or so. It's dark out right now and this New Jersey cold and I aint getting along AT ALL.

I haven't had a chance to write a perfect summary for BBB and for news stations but I'm definitely going to do it soon cos this is the last straw.

P/S- I spoke to one of the Duval Acura employees. One of the idiots who testified against me in court, and his question was "Why can't you just let it go and drop it?"

I felt like putting my foot so far up his dumb ass. HEy, Stupid! YOU guys took me to court! You guys Forged my signature. You guys dragged me thru all this crap for a measley 400 bucks! Why didn't you idiots think about "letting it go" then?

I didn't say that cos I was playing the part, like I was warming up to him "because it wasn't his fault, he did what he had to do as a mere service attendant seeking to keep his job" so he could keep running his mouth and telling me stuff. At the time I was trying to find out what had happened with Shannon Vaden.

Thru all this, there's been no apology. None whatsoever. I got a "free alignment" from the new manager so I guess I should be grateful.

I'm trying not to let these idiots screw my good year up. Everything else is working out just perfect for me, got my dream job , succesfully finished up with my military career and everything else BUT Duval Acura!
Old 11-25-2006, 06:14 PM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
DAMN. srry man, some people have no souls.... what can i say

sue their ass... again
Old 11-25-2006, 07:56 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
You need to file another Police report on the tire with the Police back in Florida. For them to do this is complete Bullshit. Taken out someone's tire is like cutting the brake line. You also need to talk to Acura again.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:00 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
I would write all this to corporate acura
Old 11-25-2006, 08:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Originally Posted by leedogg
I would write all this to corporate acura

Acura needs to be on that dealer's ass like white on rice.

On a positive note: I'm glad everything else has gone your way this year. There are some decent Acura dealers up in NJ that I'm sure our members here can hook you up with.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow that sucks. Do you have a link to your first post I kind of remember it but not well just that they where going to sue you. Just to let you know your NEVER going to get an apology. If they say sorry that opens them up to be sued civilly. At least the new guy there is nice and gave you a free alignment.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,014 Likes on 1,433 Posts
call corperate acura.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:27 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
You wanna see some real shit hit the fan? write to Acura Japan not Acura USA.