Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floor mats and wind deflector

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 06:03 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
Floor mats and wind deflector

I want to get some all-season floor mats, but don't really want to spend $130 for them. I mean, I could, but I'd rather not. Anybody know of any aftermarket stuff that fits the 2004 TL? Or do you know of anything coming out specifically for it?

Also, has anybody gotten the sun roof wind deflector? What are your thoughts on it? I'd especially like to hear from people that didn't have it, then put it on - what was the difference? Was it worth it? I'm thinking about putting one on mine if it's just the bolt-on type. I had one on my Maxima - couldn't tell if it did any good or just made more noise.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:12 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rocketsfan,

Check the weathertech mats at www.mats.com The only problem I can see is that most of the third party folks probably haven't had a chance to make custom mats for the 04 TL.

As for the wind visor, they do help if you get a lot of buffeting when you are travelling at high speed with the roof open. I had one on an Accord I had a while back and it did help that. At low speed, it isn't as noticable.

PS Thanks for the info on Gillman on the other thread.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:47 PM
10th Gear

I have the sun roof wind deflector, I like it. It kept bird crap from coming inside once! =D. It really doesn't look too bad.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:07 PM
Advanced

i thought the sunroof visor messed up the smoothness of the roofline... also, when you open the sunroof there is an automatic wind deflector that rises anyways.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:25 PM
Advanced

I have both the all-season mat and the sunroof deflector. My TL was equipped with it when I got it, but I don't want to be ripped off by the dealer, so have them took them off, then I bought it online for 20% off.

Floor Mat:
Originally, I did not like amy of my car to have the all-season floor mat, since we don't snow here in the bay area (besides the interior color of my 04 TL is light color), but after it was on, it pretty match with the two tone interior. I shopped around before I placed the floor mat order, but aftermarket already cost about $20 a piece, so for set of 4 cost cost $80+tax or so, order online for geniune is about $100, and it fit perfectly. The driver side for the genuine one has two holes for the mat to be anchored to the hooks on the floor preventing it from slipping. I think the aftermarket won't have this. Also, since the gas paddle is hinged to the floor, so aftermarket ones I saw won't fit on the driver side due to this reason.

Sunroof deflector:
It is great. When I did not have that on, wind can fit your forehead, if you're tall. I am medium size, and the wind still hit my head.

Side comment, really don't buy from dealer, I believe those accessories the dealer put on was not for TL 04. The shift knob they put on was alot darker in color(wood), the one we now order online matches the pannel color perfectly; also, I feel the sunroof wind deflector they put on originally was bigger, that extends and is about 50 % of the size of the sunroof, and this one we ordered, is about 30-40% in size of the window of the sunroof.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:09 PM
Pro

Here's a couple of dealers that have excellent prices on the factory accesories:

http://www.acuraparts247.com/sunnyside/jsp/home.jsp

http://www.hondacura world.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

Remove the space in the above link. Free shipping on the bottom site.
Old 11-01-2003, 07:09 AM
Pro

I picked up the all weather floor mats made by weathertech from the dealer. Acura Sherway is a distributor for them. They do not yet make a special mat for the 2004 TL but I bought the set for the 2003 TL as weathertech suggested when I emailed them. I haven't yet installed them, but when I loosely put them in I thought they'd fit just fine, even with the new throttle pedal hinged at the bottom. And the bonus is that this set is much cheaper, by about 25% than the Acura set and has deeper grooves for snow and stuff.
Old 11-01-2003, 07:43 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by TorontoTL
I picked up the all weather floor mats made by weathertech from the dealer. Acura Sherway is a distributor for them. They do not yet make a special mat for the 2004 TL but I bought the set for the 2003 TL as weathertech suggested when I emailed them. I haven't yet installed them, but when I loosely put them in I thought they'd fit just fine, even with the new throttle pedal hinged at the bottom. And the bonus is that this set is much cheaper, by about 25% than the Acura set and has deeper grooves for snow and stuff.
The 2003 doesn't fit the driver side properly. I traded my 00 for the 04 but kept the front mats (didn't have rear mats). I had to cut the driver's mat. The front passsenger fits fine.