Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

first service and body work

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 02:12 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first service and body work

I brought my 05 tl, auto, nav in to acura for first service with about 10 percent life remaining. It hit this at about 4000 miles. I do a lot of stop and go urban driving.
Plus I noticed that my rear deck lid spoiler was loose on one side, and also wanted to get an estimate on the body work for the rear left panel, that has a big deep dent it it, in which I have posted photos of.
I probably paid more then I should but this is what happened.

Charge for the service in total, was 51 dollars. That was only for an oil and filter change, and to check the car over, and replace fluids, check battery, brake system, exhaust. I know its mostly b.s. but that is their price.
They replace the rear deck lid with a new one. I am still trying to find out why they replace it, but they did. No charge. I get a vacuum and a wash also gratis.
The body work estimate was basically banging it out, and repainting. They dont do the work themselves, but shop it out . Cost was around five hundred dollars. I went to another acura dealer, and got the same response.
I went to a local repair place, body shop, and they quoted me 350 for the same job.
I then went to a nearby body shop, that I know has an excellent reputation for doing quality work. I have seen two friends cars that were in major accidents and you couldnt tell from looking at their cars.
I saw a lot of high end bmw,s and audis, and mercedes there being worked on. The owner, took me into the shop, and showed me the facilities. He told me he could knock it out, and paint like the others told me, but in a short time, you would start to see the difference in the paint.
He is going to do what he calls a proper job on it, and remove the panel and whatever and fix it properly and make it a permanent fix. Charge would be 850 dollars. I have 500 deductable, so I will be paying cash, and not against my insurance. Remember, these are nyc prices, where everything is inflated.
Anyway, after seeing his shop, and the my friends vehcilles, and the time the guy spent telling me what and how they were going to do it(its a little scary haveing to think your car is being taken apart a bit), I decided to go with him, and bringing the car in on Monday. Says it should take three days, and I will be delighted with the work. I hope so. I will post photos when job is done, so you can compare it with the previous photos. In fact , I will post pre and post photos.
I hope I am doing the right thing, but I have already made up my mind to go this route. Please say a prayer for my tl. LOL

Much regards flatfoot
[
Old 10-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd have no problem going that route, considering you had word-of-mouth referral from some friends, viewed their previous work, and noted they do "high-end" repairs. I'd rather pay extra $$$ for quality work than $ for a crap job. Just my
Old 10-09-2005, 05:44 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by TL Fantasy
I'd have no problem going that route, considering you had word-of-mouth referral from some friends, viewed their previous work, and noted they do "high-end" repairs. I'd rather pay extra $$$ for quality work than $ for a crap job. Just my
I agree 100% Looking forward to pictures and good report. Any idiot could do it cheaper and you would never forgive yourself.