Sponsored by:

Finally an official member of the club . . . The 1st 05TL at A-TL.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 07:59 PM
JBM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally an official member of the club . . . The 1st 05TL at A-TL.com

Well, I finally took delivery of my 2005 TL 5AT with Nav, NBP/Ebony. I picked it up as soon as the dealer opened this morning, and have been learning/playing with it since. My VIN is 000167 (actually higher than I thought considering it was supposed to have been built the first week). And it only took 3-5 days to deliver (I'm in Indiana, I probably could have driven to Marysville, OH and picked it up there).

It's a great car. The more time I spend with it, the better it gets.

As for changes, the Michelin's are on there. Since I've had the car for all of 10 hours now, I really can't comment.

The seat belts don't look any different to me. I know in the hondanews.com announcement, it said something about the belts being part of the seat, but I don't see it. The seatbelt seems to be attached to the interior both at the top of the B pillar and at the bast of the car, nothing seems to be attached to the seat. I'd attach a photo, but I'm not able to (someone want to help me out).

There is a recessed button above the hazard lights button that looks to disable the passenger air bag. Again, I have a pic, but alas . . .

As for the air bag automatically disabling if the passenger is less than a certain weight, well, I haven't tested that out. And hopefully will not have to . . .

Anyway, that's it for now. I'm going to continue learning and driving. At when my bluetooth phone finally comes in . . . the circle will be complete.

P.S. I guess I'll have to find a way to join Team Nighthawk now.

P.P.S. By the way, any try this diamond coating from Zeibart? It's supposed to really protect the black paint. Or is this a Zaino crowd?
Old 09-25-2004, 08:15 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JBM
Well, I finally took delivery of my 2005 TL 5AT with Nav, NBP/Ebony. I picked it up as soon as the dealer opened this morning, and have been learning/playing with it since. My VIN is 000167 (actually higher than I thought considering it was supposed to have been built the first week). And it only took 3-5 days to deliver (I'm in Indiana, I probably could have driven to Marysville, OH and picked it up there).
Congrats. That's the exact same car I ordered, and it was supposed to be built this week, so hopefully I'll have it in a week or so. Enjoy!

PS - Go for the Zaino! I've been using it since '99, and I have a fresh batch waiting for the TL.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:27 PM
Advanced

My VIN is 000167 (actually higher than I thought considering it was supposed to have been built the first week).

I will receive mine next week and my vin is 000416. Best of luck
Old 09-25-2004, 09:34 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
This thread will not be removed until the 2nd 05TL shows up...

Congratulations

I split it from here http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95337

What tires do you have????
Old 09-25-2004, 10:02 PM
9th Gear

What kind of Michelin?
Old 09-25-2004, 11:51 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JBM

As for changes, the Michelin's are on there. Since I've had the car for all of 10 hours now, I really can't comment.

The seat belts don't look any different to me. I know in the hondanews.com announcement, it said something about the belts being part of the seat, but I don't see it. The seatbelt seems to be attached to the interior both at the top of the B pillar and at the bast of the car, nothing seems to be attached to the seat. I'd attach a photo, but I'm not able to (someone want to help me out).

There is a recessed button above the hazard lights button that looks to disable the passenger air bag. Again, I have a pic, but alas . . .

As for the air bag automatically disabling if the passenger is less than a certain weight, well, I haven't tested that out. And hopefully will not have to . . .

Anyway, that's it for now. I'm going to continue learning and driving. At when my bluetooth phone finally comes in . . . the circle will be complete.

P.P.S. By the way, any try this diamond coating from Zeibart? It's supposed to really protect the black paint. Or is this a Zaino crowd?
So what is the conclusion on the Auto On/Off headlights? Does the 05 have them or not?
Old 09-26-2004, 12:06 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kid Flash
I will receive mine next week and my vin is 000416. Best of luck
Kid Flash,
Mine is VIN# 415...It gets into the dealership on Wednesday. Its an ABP/Camel/6spd/NAV...what configuration is yours? Just wondering if they make similar configurations in the same batch??
Old 09-26-2004, 12:11 AM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
congrats

which wheels did u get? The 5 spoke 17s or the new 17s?

Old 09-26-2004, 07:54 AM
10th Gear

When did you pre-order

JBM - When did you pre-order to get this early?
I pre-ordered mine on thursday(23rd) and my dealer told me it would be here Oct 15th.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:02 AM
Intermediate

Congratulation!!!
Old 09-26-2004, 11:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Congrats man! Hope you like the car, what I want to know is, can you see how the headliner is held up on the 05s? (want to know if they changed it from the double sided tape)
Old 09-26-2004, 12:13 PM
JBM
Intermediate

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.

The Michelin's on the car the Pilot's HX MXM4 that were discussed earlier. As for the wheels, I got the standard 17", same as the 04 models. I actually like these more than the 18s or the new 05 chromed 17s. Just my opinion though.

And to get this vehicle, built the very first week the 05s were being built, I ordered it the first week in August. Interesting thing as well . . . the dealer I from where I purchased is completely renovating to be only Acura and one of those new high-tech/high-end Acura dealers. Apparently this is per Acura's request, and because of this the dealer requested much more inventory (since before it also sold Pontiac/GMC and needed to fill the empty spots in the lot with something). Anywho, this dealer all of a sudden got a sudden deluge of 04 TSXs and much more 05 TLs, and apparently they will receive one of the first 05 RLs.

You know, since I haven't been able to really test out the engine, I've just been slowly cruising around and playing with the voice commands. Yet I've already had 3 cars attempt to race me at stoplights. Interesting . . .
Old 09-26-2004, 01:14 PM
Intermediate

I will expecting delivery of my 05 anthracite 6spd/navi this thursday. I will let you guys know if there is also any chages.
KE
Old 09-26-2004, 01:18 PM
Senior Moderator

headliner?
Old 09-26-2004, 01:32 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by marioman
So what is the conclusion on the Auto On/Off headlights? Does the 05 have them or not?
Auto headlight on/off???
Old 09-26-2004, 01:34 PM
JBM
Intermediate

Sorry, guys, didn't see or just forgot about your other questions.

1. Headliner - not sure how to check if this is more than just double sided tape. This afternoon, I'll open up the sunroof and look back there. But is there another way to find out?

2. Auto on/off headlights - well this is interesting. I think it's the same as the 04 (but not having an 04 to compare, I'm not sure). It's not the auto on like some other manufacturers where the headlights turn on at dusk and then turn off during the day. Instead, you manually turn on the headlights; and if you leave the switch to headlights on, remove your key and get out of your care they will automatically turn off after a set amount of time.

That's it for now. I'll see what more I can dig up.
Old 09-26-2004, 01:50 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by JBM
Sorry, guys, didn't see or just forgot about your other questions.

1. Headliner - not sure how to check if this is more than just double sided tape. This afternoon, I'll open up the sunroof and look back there. But is there another way to find out?

2. Auto on/off headlights - well this is interesting. I think it's the same as the 04 (but not having an 04 to compare, I'm not sure). It's not the auto on like some other manufacturers where the headlights turn on at dusk and then turn off during the day. Instead, you manually turn on the headlights; and if you leave the switch to headlights on, remove your key and get out of your care they will automatically turn off after a set amount of time.

That's it for now. I'll see what more I can dig up.

Thanks for checking up. Since you're 1st 05 guy, we have to bother you everyday and night.

1. Completely open your moonroof, and you should be able to see the bottom of the moonroof when the sunshade fully slides into the ceiling.

2. Ok, sounds like it's the same feature as 04TL's. Acura.com made the typo error AGAIN. If there is no outside switch and MID doesn't have new "Auto ON/OFF" feature, 05 has the same thing as 04 does.
Old 09-26-2004, 04:03 PM
Instructor

Great Info - this thread rocks!!
Old 09-26-2004, 04:27 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by cTLgo
headliner?
the headliner is probably going to be the same. the 05 is basically the same thing as the 04. i could see if it recieved major changes. acura wont redesign the headliners just because a few of them fell down.
Old 09-26-2004, 04:38 PM
Intermediate

Can you share with us what you paid for the car minus TTL?
Old 09-26-2004, 05:49 PM
Instructor

I am getting an 05 TL 5AT NBP/Camel w Navi for $33,335.00.
Old 09-26-2004, 06:31 PM
17/TLX/Adv/FBP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great info in this thread but depresses me. I called my dealer this week, and they screwed up the order and didn't see the "N" in the purchase form. They ordered a non-navi, so I might have to wait 1-2 months more if they can't swap one locally. Doesn't sound like the 05 6MT Navi blue/quartz is that common. Good thing I asked them to confirm the order, would have been even more depressing to have gone there after it arrived and get the surpise..... AArrghh.....

Carl
Old 09-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Racer

No one's asked the million $$ question...

Any vibration from 50-60 MPH?
Old 09-27-2004, 05:53 AM
JBM
Intermediate

Headliner . . .

Well, I checked the headliner last night. It looks like it's a connected with two pieces of plastic, one that slides into another.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:28 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by azobairi
Kid Flash,
Mine is VIN# 415...It gets into the dealership on Wednesday. Its an ABP/Camel/6spd/NAV...what configuration is yours? Just wondering if they make similar configurations in the same batch??
Yes, mine is ABP/Camel/6spd/Nav as well. they don't want to clean the spray gun. I am told mine should be in this week.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by JBM
Well, I checked the headliner last night. It looks like it's a connected with two pieces of plastic, one that slides into another.
so no double sided tape? good deal, thanks for checking, glad Acura addressed that issue
Old 09-27-2004, 01:00 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by Brokedoc
No one's asked the million $$ question...

Any vibration from 50-60 MPH?

Roughly, 30% of 04TLers here don't feel the thing. Wish most of 05TLers won't have this issue...

Originally Posted by Kid Flash
Yes, mine is ABP/Camel/6spd/Nav as well. they don't want to clean the spray gun. I am told mine should be in this week.
Good to know another 05TL is coming...
Old 09-27-2004, 02:41 PM
Instructor

Just 10 more days for me. My car is number 534. SOOOO close yet so far

I can't wait to join the anthrocite 05 club!
Old 09-27-2004, 04:06 PM
ABP Auditor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rets
Roughly, 30% of 04TLers here don't feel the thing. Wish most of 05TLers won't have this issue...
Just because they don't feel it doesn't mean it's not there. Some of us are more sensitive to ride/driveline disturbances than others.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:19 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 1FasTL
Just because they don't feel it doesn't mean it's not there. Some of us are more sensitive to ride/driveline disturbances than others.
and maybe its not there in my04... maybe its in 05
Old 09-27-2004, 05:19 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by 1FasTL

I know what you meat... http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94301

Lots of ppl said they're driving Lexus before, and would know if any werid vibration is there or not... I believe lots of them don't have this issue at all.

The best way to identify this problem is to have the "meet" and we could test drive each other's cars. Not wildly but mildly.

So far, I've test-driven 11 04TLs, they all have this issue, and 2 of them are having serious vibration.

Old 09-27-2004, 06:43 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by AcuraTLjatt559
congrats

which wheels did u get? The 5 spoke 17s or the new 17s?

I agree.
Also CONGRATS.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:05 PM
04 TL 6MT NAVI ABP/Q

Originally Posted by csmoore
Doesn't sound like the 05 6MT Navi blue/quartz is that common.

Carl
Dont worry Carl, I only waited 5 months for my ABP Quartz 6MT NAVI
Old 09-28-2004, 06:37 AM
Team Nighthawk President

Originally Posted by JBM

I quickly glanced at your post yesterday but did not have a chance to respond. I thought it was awfully fitting that the first 05 reported was NBP/Ebony...my personal favorite!! Congrats, and welcome to the club! Also, I would like to extend a membership to you to Team Nighthawk!
Old 09-28-2004, 01:56 PM
Instructor

can you check if the navi will take street names by voice?
Old 09-28-2004, 04:25 PM
8th Gear

Been lurking around the board for a while. Been waiting for the 05's to come out. My dealer just called me, picking up my 05 Anthracite Auto/Navi tonight after work
Old 09-28-2004, 04:26 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by Voodoo128
Been lurking around the board for a while. Been waiting for the 05's to come out. My dealer just called me, picking up my 05 Anthracite Auto/Navi tonight after work
Post your thread ASAP.

Welcome to the forum
Old 09-28-2004, 05:38 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by rets
Post your thread ASAP.

Welcome to the forum

Ok this sucks. My brother in law whose friend is a sales rep at the Acura dealership told me the car is in. When I asked him if it was the VIN number or the actual car, he said car. So I posted on this forum in excitement. After talking directly with the sales rep, it turns out it's only the VIN.

So I am going in today to work out the deal, but the car won't be delivered until two weeks I appologize for the premature posting.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:56 PM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Voodoo128
Ok this sucks. My brother in law whose friend is a sales rep at the Acura dealership told me the car is in. When I asked him if it was the VIN number or the actual car, he said car. So I posted on this forum in excitement. After talking directly with the sales rep, it turns out it's only the VIN.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:10 AM
Cesspool of Knowledge

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
JBM / azobairi (or anyone else with a 05TL w/Navi) - Could you please do a favor for all the Navi owners out here?

Could you open your Navi DVD drive in your trunk, and tell us what the Navi version printed on the disc is? Also, if you could tell us what the color of the disc is?

PRETTY PLEASE, WITH SUGAR ON TOP?

BTW, Here's Sugar:

http://members.cox.net/ih8spam/Pictures/Sugar.jpg

Thanx!

Quick Reply: Finally an official member of the club . . . The 1st 05TL at A-TL.com