Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Incentives for TL?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 12:36 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Incentives for TL?

Anybody bought a TL recently enough and have any idea of any current Factory to Dealer incentives out their on the market? With last year of this gen and the next model out in less then 8 months I have to imagine dealers are getting more then ever for the car.

Just started researching for my purcahse and wondering if anybody else came across this themselves recently?
Old 03-09-2008, 12:53 AM
10th Gear

I'm currently on the same boat as you are!! =) List below are the very useful informations found at the edmunds CAR SPACE!! Credit fully go to Kyekyk from edmunds CAR SPACE!! =)

TL Base -------- MSRP $34,440 Invoice $31,750
TL w/ Nav ------ MSRP $36,940 Invoice $33,998
TL Type-S ----- MSRP $38,940 Invoice $35,832
*Price includes Destination Charge
      *Above target pricing applies to most shoppers, but individual bargaining skills, trade-in (give you less for your trade-in and lower the price on new car or vice-versa) and financing (shopper with bad credit score, dealers love people with bad credit because they see it as a chance to make big profit) could make the difference in pricing.
      * Try not to take the car that’s been sitting in the dealer lot for more then 2 months the max. You can find built month and year on the sticker on the inside of your driver’s door jam. Dealers want to move out old inventory, especially in smaller markets where turn over ratio is not as good as in larger markets. Unless dealer is willing to give you a substantial discount for it don’t take cars with over 50 mi and/or built in more than 2 months ago. After a test drive write down the VIN of the car you picked and make sure this VIN is what you see on the contract before you sign.

Dealer add-on protections (leather protection, clear coat paint protection, under body protection etc…. are never recommended. No matter how dealer sweet talk you into it, it either not needed or way over priced. If you really want them check out your local detail shops. You could find better ones for less then half the cost.

Dealer installed accessories -- Don’t take it unless you could have the dealer throw it in for free at the price you negotiated without installed accessories. Bottom line is don’t buy any accessories from dealer unless it’s totally free. If you want to buy any genuine Acura Accessories check out these sites. You could find it for a lot less then at your dealership.

Dealer Documentation Fees -- Unfortunately for shoppers, there is no set price for this fee. You just have to visit different dealership in your area to find out what the reasonable documentation fee in your market is for yourself. I’ve read as low as $50 to as high as $500. It just varies by market. If dealer A is charging $100, dealer B is charging $125 and dealer C is charging $135 for documentation fee you know that the reasonable documentation fee in your market is $100.

Other Charges -- Do Not Pay. you shouldn't have to pay anything other then Tax, Title, Registration, Documentation Fees, Extended Warrenty (if bought one) and Tire Tax. If you see anything else on bill of sales dealer is just trying what ever it can to make more profit on you.

Extended warranty – You have to make the decision on this yourself. I didn’t buy one because when I decided to buy Acura TL reliability was a big factor. I don’t anticipate TL will have enough break downs to recoup what I spend on extended warranty. If you decide to buy one only buy Acura Care Extended Warranty (this service is provided and backed by Acura and good in any Acura dealer in the US) DO NOT buy third party extended warranty as they could be pain in the rear when you actually need to use your warranty. Followings are places where you could buy legit Acura Care Extended Warranty online at fair price. It’s honored at any Acura dealer in the US weather you buy it online or from dealership.
      * Acura will not allow online sales of Acura Care Extended Warranty beginning April 1.

Tax, Title and registration fee – This is about the only thing that gets straight forward in car buying. Everyone pays same set amount that applies to your vehicle in your area. Unless you live in same county or city everyone pays different amount for this. Dealers would rarely play games on this because Uncle Sam is watching.
      [/list]
      Old 03-09-2008, 10:29 AM
      Advanced

Originally Posted by dimsumlo
      I'm currently on the same boat as you are!! =) List below are the very useful informations found at the edmunds CAR SPACE!! Credit fully go to Kyekyk from edmunds CAR SPACE!! =)

TL Base -------- MSRP $34,440 Invoice $31,750
      TL w/ Nav ------ MSRP $36,940 Invoice $33,998
      TL Type-S ----- MSRP $38,940 Invoice $35,832
      *Price includes Destination Charge
          *Above target pricing applies to most shoppers, but individual bargaining skills, trade-in (give you less for your trade-in and lower the price on new car or vice-versa) and financing (shopper with bad credit score, dealers love people with bad credit because they see it as a chance to make big profit) could make the difference in pricing.
          * Try not to take the car that’s been sitting in the dealer lot for more then 2 months the max. You can find built month and year on the sticker on the inside of your driver’s door jam. Dealers want to move out old inventory, especially in smaller markets where turn over ratio is not as good as in larger markets. Unless dealer is willing to give you a substantial discount for it don’t take cars with over 50 mi and/or built in more than 2 months ago. After a test drive write down the VIN of the car you picked and make sure this VIN is what you see on the contract before you sign.

Dealer add-on protections (leather protection, clear coat paint protection, under body protection etc…. are never recommended. No matter how dealer sweet talk you into it, it either not needed or way over priced. If you really want them check out your local detail shops. You could find better ones for less then half the cost.

Dealer installed accessories -- Don’t take it unless you could have the dealer throw it in for free at the price you negotiated without installed accessories. Bottom line is don’t buy any accessories from dealer unless it’s totally free. If you want to buy any genuine Acura Accessories check out these sites. You could find it for a lot less then at your dealership.

Dealer Documentation Fees -- Unfortunately for shoppers, there is no set price for this fee. You just have to visit different dealership in your area to find out what the reasonable documentation fee in your market is for yourself. I’ve read as low as $50 to as high as $500. It just varies by market. If dealer A is charging $100, dealer B is charging $125 and dealer C is charging $135 for documentation fee you know that the reasonable documentation fee in your market is $100.

Other Charges -- Do Not Pay. you shouldn't have to pay anything other then Tax, Title, Registration, Documentation Fees, Extended Warrenty (if bought one) and Tire Tax. If you see anything else on bill of sales dealer is just trying what ever it can to make more profit on you.

Extended warranty – You have to make the decision on this yourself. I didn’t buy one because when I decided to buy Acura TL reliability was a big factor. I don’t anticipate TL will have enough break downs to recoup what I spend on extended warranty. If you decide to buy one only buy Acura Care Extended Warranty (this service is provided and backed by Acura and good in any Acura dealer in the US) DO NOT buy third party extended warranty as they could be pain in the rear when you actually need to use your warranty. Followings are places where you could buy legit Acura Care Extended Warranty online at fair price. It’s honored at any Acura dealer in the US weather you buy it online or from dealership.
          * Acura will not allow online sales of Acura Care Extended Warranty beginning April 1.

Tax, Title and registration fee – This is about the only thing that gets straight forward in car buying. Everyone pays same set amount that applies to your vehicle in your area. Unless you live in same county or city everyone pays different amount for this. Dealers would rarely play games on this because Uncle Sam is watching.
          [/list]
          Thanks exactly what I thought I should shoot for about 33k or so pre tax.

Sigh I'm tempted to go put deposit down end of this month in fear of the Acura cash back incentive dissapearing. Even though really not ready until the end of next month.
          Old 03-09-2008, 10:32 AM
          Wocoomrd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
          Hope this will help you:

I bought mine in Jan of 2008. TL-S with wheel locks, mud guards, trunk mat. $34,880 (TTT NOT included).

I am located in the Atlanta area.
          Old 03-09-2008, 10:33 AM
          Wocoomrd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
          Oh and forgot to mention, they were offering 2.9% financing from Honda America. Term is 36 months, so I jumped right at it by putting the extra money into a 5.25% CD.
          Old 03-09-2008, 12:51 PM
          10th Gear

OH! I forgot to mention, there are speical financial offers going on right now for both purchase and lease. However, I believed it is regional for purchasing.
              Old 03-09-2008, 12:57 PM
              Advanced

Originally Posted by dimsumlo
              OH! I forgot to mention, there are speical financial offers going on right now for both purchase and lease. However, I believed it is regional for purchasing.
                  Man if I could get 2.9% financing I would jump all over that even now a month before I'm ready.

Unfortunatly the only financing specials in my area seem to be 5.9 for 72 months. Shrug for the length of terms it's not horrible really and I could pay it off 2-3 years early but nothing ot make me jump that's for sure.
                  Old 03-09-2008, 01:06 PM
                  10th Gear

Originally Posted by Mike00
                  Man if I could get 2.9% financing I would jump all over that even now a month before I'm ready.

Unfortunatly the only financing specials in my area seem to be 5.9 for 72 months. Shrug for the length of terms it's not horrible really and I could pay it off 2-3 years early but nothing ot make me jump that's for sure.
                  Yes!! that 0.9% is the lowest I have seem from Aucra! I'm going to get my Type-S with in this few weeks or by the end of this month. I do think that right now is the best time to buy with that crazy 0.9% + the $2000 incentives.
                  Old 03-09-2008, 01:43 PM
                  Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts
                  These are great information.... thank you
                  Old 03-19-2008, 08:57 AM
                  08 TL Navi NBP - 08 MDX

I went into negotiations for a tsx and tl last night. The main kicker was that The 2,000 buck incentive cannot be combined w/ the special 0.9% rate for the TL. I was pretty bummmed to say the least.
                  Old 03-19-2008, 09:13 AM
                  J35A8

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
                  You don't tell them that you want the incentive and the special financing.
                  You should try to get them down as low as possible, then get the rate.
                  Old 03-19-2008, 11:49 AM
                  Advanced

Originally Posted by dchian
                  I went into negotiations for a tsx and tl last night. The main kicker was that The 2,000 buck incentive cannot be combined w/ the special 0.9% rate for the TL. I was pretty bummmed to say the least.
                  seems odd to me the cash back is for the dealer not you. it's not even on the website.

I wonder if you told them I'd just go through my credit union for 3% and see what they say.
                  Old 03-25-2008, 09:17 PM
                  Racer

I just purchased my 08 tl type s for 33k flat before ttd and destination charge. did i get a good deal? My dealer said they will let me know tomorrow if i qulify for the 2.9% APR. BTW i reside in NY.
                  Old 03-25-2008, 09:22 PM
                  Student

Originally Posted by lldknyll26
                  I just purchased my 08 tl type s for 33k flat before ttd and destination charge. did i get a good deal? My dealer said they will let me know tomorrow if i qulify for the 2.9% APR. BTW i reside in NY.
                  Where in ny are you? Thats good imo. id be happy with that. Congrats on the new car...
                  Old 03-25-2008, 09:25 PM
                  08 TL-S Kinetic Blue

Just got my TL-S(KBP) for 36,500 before TTD....only 2 dealerships around the area here so I had to fight and get 2400 off...plan to pick up the car in late may or early june when it finally ordered and brough to the dealership
                  Old 03-25-2008, 09:27 PM
                  Racer

I'm in longisland new york but i went out to queens and purcahsed it. Maybe i should have asked for 32k instead. lol
                  Old 03-25-2008, 10:01 PM
                  From the Desert 2 the sea

In California they are offering the reduced loan rates until the end of April.
                  Old 03-26-2008, 07:32 AM
                  08 NBP Type S Sucka !!

Originally Posted by joeybabyluvsu
                  Just got my TL-S(KBP) for 36,500 before TTD....only 2 dealerships around the area here so I had to fight and get 2400 off...plan to pick up the car in late may or early june when it finally ordered and brough to the dealership

got mine for the same,guess were both suckers,LOL