Extreme Motorsports, Odenton MD review

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005 | 11:49 PM
Cold Racketeer

Thumbs down Extreme Motorsports, Odenton MD review

I recently used this shop to install my intake, rear sway and springs.

1. They told me it would be done by the afternoon. I picked it up at 6 pm.

2. They didn't finish the job, and they didn't tell me until I picked the car up. They didn't have time to install the rear springs (in 9 hours) They offered to install them at a later date for $240 or so (for just rear springs)

3. They went over their quote by $200 without telling me until I picked up. They said it was "harder" than they expected, and justified the extra cost becuase they had not done a TL before (inexperience allows them to charge more) I told them that I had been quoted $200 less and they said "that is what we are charging"

4. They left a check engine light on in the dash I had to reset myself.

5. They stole my wheel lock key, I plan to go over there tomorrow to try to get it back. Maybe they thought I wouldn't notice.

Quality of install: Everything does seem correct and tightly installed.

Web Site: http://www.extrememotorsports.com/

In the meantime I have found another place to do my rears for $100 which seems just fine.
Old 10-18-2005 | 12:23 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

That is because you are dealing with a bunch a retards....go to ANY reputable body shop. My body man told me this was friggin easy as hell and only charged me $200 or something...for the suspension and sway bar and alignment afterwards.
Old 10-18-2005 | 12:31 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
That is because you are dealing with a bunch a retards....go to ANY reputable body shop. My body man told me this was friggin easy as hell and only charged me $200 or something...for the suspension and sway bar and alignment afterwards.
i agree...those guys are retards....i would of been so pissed off....
Old 10-18-2005 | 01:11 PM
HMFIC

I live about 5 minutes from there. I bought some ATE Super Blue brake fluid from them. They sure did seem like dorks. I think they specialize in turbo mitsubishis.
Old 10-18-2005 | 01:45 PM
Cold Racketeer

Well I didn't give them repeat business... acutally I am lucky they didnt finish the rear springs, as they would have charged me a lot more than where I ended up going today, where they treated my very well and even removed my wheel locks for free (had no key for them)... that was CIC performance in gambrills.
Old 10-18-2005 | 04:05 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by tzakiel
Well I didn't give them repeat business... acutally I am lucky they didnt finish the rear springs, as they would have charged me a lot more than where I ended up going today, where they treated my very well and even removed my wheel locks for free (had no key for them)... that was CIC performance in gambrills.
Glad you were able to get it all installed ok now! Sorry about the probs that you encountered. Sometimes speed shops are not always the best answer, depending upon their reputation (which is non-existant in many cases). Personally...I rely on the body shop due to the fact that I was really concerned about getting the alignment correct so I didnt have tire wear probs and body shops kind of understand the alignment business more than most. Most of their business involves getting cars to go straight down the road again! Kudos on pointing out where you got good service though....hopefully this will help somebody else from experiencing the same probs you did!