Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Excellent service from Elite Acura, Mt. Laurel, NJ

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 08:12 PM
06 Anthracite TL

Received 333 Likes on 257 Posts
Excellent service from Elite Acura, Mt. Laurel, NJ

My SRS light came on and I had the car checked out at the dealer- it cost $0 for the code to be read- I had a bad pass. side SRS sensor that needed replacement- I was told it would be $215 installed + tax. When I went to get the car fixed yesterday, I was informed that the wrong part was sent, and they could get the part in and fix it today. I was given a 2010 TSX as a loaner, and my car sat overnight. Today, it's been fixed and was told at payment time I was getting the repair free, because of the hassle factor (which was in actuality no big deal for me- I got to drive a new TSX and my car was fixed). It was an out of warranty repair.

Deanna Clancy was my service advisor. in my book!
I will highly recommend them based on this great experience.

Correction of above- dealership is in Maple Shade, NJ

Last edited by erdoc48; 12-15-2010 at 08:17 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:17 PM
I like turtles

Received 139 Likes on 99 Posts
Good to hear! Thats where I bought my TL from.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:18 PM
06 Anthracite TL

Received 333 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by Redsand353
Good to hear! Thats where I bought my TL from.
Actually so did I when it was still Sussman Acura back in 2006
Old 12-15-2010, 08:20 PM
I like turtles

Oh ok, I just bought mine from them back in July. Great dealer to work with, made everything easy. I don't live near them but I have my car serviced at one of their sister dealerships and they are just as good.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by erdoc48
My SRS light came on and I had the car checked out at the dealer- it cost $0 for the code to be read- I had a bad pass. side SRS sensor that needed replacement- I was told it would be $215 installed + tax. When I went to get the car fixed yesterday, I was informed that the wrong part was sent, and they could get the part in and fix it today. I was given a 2010 TSX as a loaner, and my car sat overnight. Today, it's been fixed and was told at payment time I was getting the repair free, because of the hassle factor (which was in actuality no big deal for me- I got to drive a new TSX and my car was fixed). It was an out of warranty repair.

I worked with Deanna Clancy at that dealership for 2 years, 2006-2008. She's good people and works hard to make sure the customers have a good experience getting their cars serviced. I would also recommend that you deal with her in the future if you have any other work done at that dealership, as she is the best service writer there. They also have some of the best Acura Techs in the business there.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:02 PM
I like turtles

Ive heard the same thing about them having some of the best techs. Too bad I live over an hour from them, or else I would take the car there. I go to Boardwalk Acura for everything and so far they have been really good to me. Same Owners..
Old 12-16-2010, 06:59 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Redsand353
Ive heard the same thing about them having some of the best techs. Too bad I live over an hour from them, or else I would take the car there. I go to Boardwalk Acura for everything and so far they have been really good to me. Same Owners..
The shop foreman at Elite has well over 20 years of experience with Acura. There is also a guy name John Bates that works there that is really good with Electronics, and his attention to detail with his work is top notch. He is also really good with S2000's.They have a really good team of tech there and I can attest to that.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 170 Posts
I'm glad to hear you were satisfied.

However, you should never have been told of any charge for the work that was needed. Any problems with the SRS should be covered under lifetime warranty. I believe that it covers anything not a result of damage, abuse or misuse. So for example, if a dog chewed through the seatbelt webbing it would not be covered. Nor would anything resulting from an accident be covered such as a seatbelt pretensioner that deployed. The lifetime warranty is global.

I don't know if I would be pissed off or not. This could easily be a customer "Loyalty-building" tactic---tell customer he will have a charge applied for warranty covered work, then tell him, "We won't charge you b/c we like you so much" to cover up some fuckup on their part (ordering wrong part, not ordering part at all, etc). I guess it could just as easily have been an honest mistake, though.

Last edited by dwb993; 12-16-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:50 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dwb993

However, you should never have been told of any charge for the work that was needed. Any problems with the SRS should be covered under lifetime warranty. I believe that it covers anything not a result of damage, abuse or misuse. So for example, if a dog chewed through the seatbelt webbing it would not be covered. Nor would anything resulting from an accident be covered such as a seatbelt pretensioner that deployed. The lifetime warranty is global.

I don't know if I would be pissed off or not. This could easily be a customer "Loyalty-building" tactic---tell customer he will have a charge applied for warranty covered work, then tell him, "We won't charge you b/c we like you so much" to cover up some fuckup on their part (ordering wrong part, not ordering part at all, etc). I guess it could just as easily have been an honest mistake, though.

baaaZing! But I agree. And BTW, since we're on the subject of Philly Burb Acura shops: Davis Acura is to be avoided. Tried to pull a fast one on me - charge me a $109 diagnostic fee for bad clutch - a problem I took the car in for. "Um... what are you charging me $109 for?" "Well, to see if that's an actual problem." "It is" "Hm.. you're right. That would be $109" Didn't even offer me a rental, let alone loaner, even though car is under warranty.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave_W
I worked with Deanna Clancy at that dealership for 2 years, 2006-2008. She's good people and works hard to make sure the customers have a good experience getting their cars serviced. I would also recommend that you deal with her in the future if you have any other work done at that dealership, as she is the best service writer there. They also have some of the best Acura Techs in the business there.
Thank you for suggesting this dealer! I was about to give up on Acura and pursue my "in warranty" dispute (if curious, see: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=801231&page=2) through Lemon Law firm. Elite stepped up where 2 other dealers told me to pound sand and said they'd take a look. I just got a call that they'll take care of the issue that other dealers refused to do.

I tried reaching them in December but they were so busy, I didn't get a call back, so I just went to other dealers who refused to help me. I finally decided to give a last ditch effort to Elite and they came through.

Stay away from Davis Acura (langhorne) - terrible experience. I actually had to argue with service advisor/service manager because they wanted to charge me $105 diagnostic fee to tell me that I had a problem I brought the car in for. "You know your clutch needs to be replaced?" "Uh, NO KIDDING? You mean the fact that I can't seem to accelerate and it's slipping means it needs replacement? Wow. Can I also pay you $105 to tell me that water is wet and sky is blue?"

Sussman Acura (Jenkintown) was not much better. Their tech took a car for a 5 minute drive and came to same conclusion: clutch needed replacement (gee wiz!) but failed to notice 3rd gear grinding as you had to force it in nearly every 5-10 times you tried? I tried to argue that should they drive car for more than a mile or two, they are guaranteed to see it at least once but they didn't even bother. Told me that area manager would be stopping by week after and he'd look at it. Never scheduled me for a follow up appointment, promising to call back. Never heard from them and couldn't get a hold of manager several times. Reps told me they had no idea when I needed to show up to see area manager, so I just gave up on them. Also, service area is small, crowded and staff is somewhat "cold" to customers.

Bottom line: Elite got my service business for as long as I have my car. I'd rather take a 20 minute trip than deal with customer-averse dealers like Davis or Sussman Jenkintown.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by dwb993

Don't know of any lifetime warranty on the 3G TL's, as the OPDS warranty extension is for only 2G TL's, not 3G, and the extension is to 10 years or 150,000 miles, whichever comes first:
Certain 2001–03 3.2CLs, 2001–02 MDXs, 1999–03 3.5RLs, selected 2004 RLs, 2002–04 RSXs, and 2000–03 3.2TLs.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:25 PM
2017 TLX TECH V6

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by erdoc48

Deanna Clancy