enough of the "is this a good deal" threads!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004 | 06:57 AM
Coming to a city near you

enough of the "is this a good deal" threads!

There is a search function built into this site for a reason. Can we just get a sticky for one big thread on the different prices that people paid.
Old 09-14-2004 | 07:08 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Why - how much did you pay?
Old 09-14-2004 | 08:31 AM
Moderator Alumnus

We'll think it over and are working on it. There are pros/cons about this idea. Everyone has their own reasons to start the threads like that, as well as they like to grab your attentions. If you check BT subF, you will see some phone models having the similar issues days and nights.

Old 09-14-2004 | 09:14 AM
never stops!

I think we should allow these threads. The person requesting this info needs current info and not the old. So finding/searching thread and going at the bottom will not get one the latest info. I think if you guys want to isolate it, keep it in dif sub-forum and please allow new threads. Some might request model wise, some geographical area or even particular dealer etc.
Old 09-14-2004 | 09:31 AM
Instructor

I agree. Prices change all the time and so I see nothing wrong with asking the question.

However, I am all for a sticky thread that lists people's price and where they are located (I think a thread like this was started awhile ago). People could go through it and see themselves if they got a good deal or not (this should cut down on the total amount of these threads).

Originally Posted by JoganJani
I think we should allow these threads. The person requesting this info needs current info and not the old. So finding/searching thread and going at the bottom will not get one the latest info. I think if you guys want to isolate it, keep it in dif sub-forum and please allow new threads. Some might request model wise, some geographical area or even particular dealer etc.
Old 09-14-2004 | 10:07 AM
Moderator Alumnus

argoldst, I guess you're talking about this one... http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72321 We're ever thinking of making it sticky.

Ppl hate to use search or they aren’t aware of "Garage". The sticky thread will be hard to contain full of price info areas by areas & time-by-time. If we put those buying tips instead, I'm not sure how many ppl could utilize it, either. Ppl posting such kind of threads are usually looking for the answers of their particular queries, it's quite hard to match their specific topics from the database or provide the solutions by the simple and common formula.

Another thing needs to think it over is how many sticky threads with such kind of "revealing & instructive" info is really useful after a month or 2 months. Please check other forums, you have to read from Post 1 to Post 200 to know what they are talking about or to find out the answers you like to know. Without the additional management, the sticky thread is just another superfluous threads on the top.

Sometimes you cannot just stick a thread without paying extra attention to maintain it. We don't need that kind of sticky threads here.

Typically, ppl just like to have answers directly without spending time or efforts.

Thanks for your inputs, guys.