Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

350 mile review - took delivery on Friday

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 02:17 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
350 mile review - took delivery on Friday

Let me start out by saying, DAMN she is beautiful!

I picked up my car on Friday night from Acura of Portland. Justin Lemons did my delivery process and was absolutely great! The only problem with my car was the Bluetooth is not functional. I'm taking it in on Wednesday to get that resolved. They are giving me a MDX loaner.

I took a road trip to Cannon Beach and Seaside (for those of you familiar with Oregon) this weekend. Here's a review after driving 368 miles so far on my new baby.

LOOKS
Everything from exterior to interior look even better than the day I test drove it. The exterior lines are awesome. I've had friends mention how cool it is that one of the lines goes right through the fuel tank door. The interior (Ebony) looks so sweet! The leather looks great so far and will be conditioning it on a regular basis to keep it that way. We don't need any butt prints! Oh, and most importantly, my GF says the car is DAMN HOT and I'm even hotter driving it!

PERFORMANCE
I can't really say too much about this since I'm still in my break-in period. I've been very happy with the low end torque considering I don't want to get the RPMs too high yet. I've been TOTALLY happy with the fuel economy so far. I got an AVG MPG OF 28 with an AVG MPH of 44. And this was on my first tank too!

FEATURES
All I can say is NAV rules!!!! It certainly has been the biggest WOW feature of my car to everyone. My dad was totally drooling over it last night. I love playing with it to, discovering all sorts of hidden features. I'm slightly disapointed in it's ability to give me the best route. I've had several occasions where it will give me a much longer route to a destination than it should have. O'well....these are all places I already know how to get to anyways.

I'll post a longer/better review once I get to 1000 miles. I'll be driving to Corvallis and Eugene this weekend for the Beaver (OSU) game and a party. Go BEAVS!
Old 09-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very good choice......enjoy !!!!
Old 09-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Instructor

i agree about your navi route point. sometimes i have to do maximize freeways to find the quickest way...going from boston to pitt it told me to goto nyc as the direct route.

but yeah i still love it, but sometimes i feel like the direct routes are not the quickest, am i missing something?
Old 09-14-2004, 12:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
The Outer Limits

Originally Posted by aGenKa
i agree about your navi route point. sometimes i have to do maximize freeways to find the quickest way...going from boston to pitt it told me to goto nyc as the direct route.

but yeah i still love it, but sometimes i feel like the direct routes are not the quickest, am i missing something?
It will avoid secondary roads that are not digitized to it's standards but you can set it to include those roads. After several disclaimers, it will do so. But it isn't happy about it because there is an unknown element. Computers don't like unknown elements. It makes them nervous.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:09 AM
Gratis dictum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. I, too, purchased a TL from Acura of Portland, but mine hasn't arrived yet. (RRP w/parchment) The Oregon coast on US 101 with all its twisties is a great place to wring out a car, but you have to keep your eyes on the road and not the views. Enjoy your ride!
Bill
Old 09-14-2004, 01:50 AM
Cruisin'

Repecat, did you order a 6MT or an AT? Are you also working with Justin or Sandy?
Old 09-14-2004, 10:14 AM
Gratis dictum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I ordered an AT w/nav and have been working via the internet and through Sandy. So far, the experience has been good. The thought of driving to Portland for service doesn't thrill me, but I bought my present car, a Saab, in Seattle, so the drive will only be about 20 miles further. Anyway, the Portland traffic is far easier than that in Seattle.
Bill