Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ed Voyles Acura - Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ed Voyles Acura - Atlanta

As much we complain about dealers and their service department, just wanted to give kudos to Ed Voyles Acura in Atlanta. Upon reading a recent post on here about another member's positive experience at ed Voykes, I recently took my '04 TL to Ed Voyles for some basic service. What impressed me was that they were very courteous and actually did what they said they would do.

Now I know that this may be more of a statement of how accustom we have become to poor service and that good, solid service is what we should expect. Regardless, just wanted to tell others that in Atlanta about Ed Voyles so that we can support and reward good service.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:46 PM
Black

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
I concur with the thumbs-up - they get at least a 90% from me. There have been a couple weird things but are intelligent about the cars and customer-focused.

Old 10-12-2005, 03:56 PM
Cruisin'

Completely agree!!! The service department was great. I just took my car in there last week for the first service. Very courteous and quick. As for the sales department, I think the complete opposite. The jackass salesman quoted me numbers from Edmunds for the "BEST" he could do. Purchased my car from Acura Carland and I highly recommend them for sales. Great experience.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:16 AM
Intermediate

I had been to Nalley sales and service in the past, and was amazed at what I considered to be simply poor service. The sales dept at Nalley was awful, while the service dept was passable, but failed to due the little things that most would consider to be "customer service."

Given the challenges of Acura's sales and service, this may be my last Acura (at least for a while).
Old 10-13-2005, 09:02 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Devilsdlg
Completely agree!!! The service department was great. I just took my car in there last week for the first service. Very courteous and quick. As for the sales department, I think the complete opposite. The jackass salesman quoted me numbers from Edmunds for the "BEST" he could do. Purchased my car from Acura Carland and I highly recommend them for sales. Great experience.
I agree, Ed Voyles goes above and beyond to make sure that things are done right it's a far cry from what goes on at Nalley.
Having said that I too was disappointed with the sale team at Ed Voyles, they used the same tactics by supposedly quoting me their lowest price from Edmunds. Even after I let them know that I was going to buy a car that week they failed to call me back though they had my cell, home and work number.
They may have lost the sale but they have me as a loyal service member.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:05 AM
Instructor

I have to diasgree with you guys. I took my 04 TL to Ed Voyle's because I had a sagging headliner and they completed the job in 30 minutes. A week later, it was sagging. I took it to Acura Carland (which is where I go for all my servicing now) and they said a proper fix takes about 2 hours. It's still holding up over a year later. I think both dealers are courteous, but Acura Carland actually solved the problem. Just my two cents.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:30 PM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by doomed_acura
As much we complain about dealers and their service department, just wanted to give kudos to Ed Voyles Acura in Atlanta. Upon reading a recent post on here about another member's positive experience at ed Voykes, I recently took my '04 TL to Ed Voyles for some basic service. What impressed me was that they were very courteous and actually did what they said they would do.

Now I know that this may be more of a statement of how accustom we have become to poor service and that good, solid service is what we should expect. Regardless, just wanted to tell others that in Atlanta about Ed Voyles so that we can support and reward good service.

I concur. Ed Voyles service is great! I bought my car from them too, but just had my 2nd service from them. They were very polite and courteous. Unlike Carland's service department that I went to the first time.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:14 PM
ITL
I do my own work.

They've always been great any time I needed anything...comp'ed me an alignment once, even!
Old 10-13-2005, 03:23 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Ed Voyles is great, they solved my TL's nagging problems (all of them) in two days and then replaced my transmission even though it had not failed (but was shifting weird). They've been great, I just got a letter from Jason Fidanza (my advisor) and while I'm sure it was the same letter sent to everyone, it's something Nalley would never do. Nalley would also NOT call me about my car, they had it two weeks once for a couple of simple problems and if I didn't call them, I'm not sure they would have ever told me it was ready.

For anyone in Atlanta, do not let Nalley deter you from Acura in general. They are the worst dealership ever IMO, and if you're in the area Ed Voyles isn't too far out of your way so take it there instead.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:38 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
Ed Voyles is great, they solved my TL's nagging problems (all of them) in two days and then replaced my transmission even though it had not failed (but was shifting weird). They've been great, I just got a letter from Jason Fidanza (my advisor) and while I'm sure it was the same letter sent to everyone, it's something Nalley would never do. Nalley would also NOT call me about my car, they had it two weeks once for a couple of simple problems and if I didn't call them, I'm not sure they would have ever told me it was ready.

For anyone in Atlanta, do not let Nalley deter you from Acura in general. They are the worst dealership ever IMO, and if you're in the area Ed Voyles isn't too far out of your way so take it there instead.

So Nalley Infiniti, Jaguar, is out the question as well? I remember going to a Nalley Infiniti dealer, and got this shady saleperson. He kept calling me, and told me some crap like the black on black G35 is only one of two in the Southeast. I never bought from them.

But a few days later, he calls my voice mail and says "Hello, if you come in to get this car, I won't be here because I just got fired today".
Old 10-13-2005, 08:46 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

I wouldn't spend my money at ANY dealer with the "Nalley" name after my horrible, horrible experiences with Nalley Acura.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:24 PM
Safety Car

I wouldn't spend my money at ANY dealer with the "Nalley" name after my horrible, horrible experiences with Nalley Acura.

LOL I take it you don't like Mr. Nalley very much.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:07 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

I abhor him. I would love the opportunity to bitch slap him, actually. The only way for him to clear his name would be to shut down Nalley Acura (or burn it down).
Old 10-14-2005, 07:22 PM
9th Gear

I had the worst experience at Ed Voyles Acura. I took my car in towards the end of the day just to ask a question about my car about some warranty issues and the service manager did not even wanna hear about it and just told me NO NO NO in not a very professional way... I'd never take my car there again!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 12:10 PM
Intermediate

Prior to this '04 TL, I had a '02 TL Type-S from nalley Acura. Of course, it had the notorious transmission issue (replaced 3 times between 21,000 and 28,000 miles). I contacted ACS and also Nalley and proceeded with that course for a while, then finally realized that both were horrendous and filed a complaint with the BBB and settled the complaint with Acura for the '04 TL (with a contribution of about $3,000 from me for the diffference). I learned my lesson with Nalley then. Their management was poor, they would always try to give you some POS rental car as loaner, and even completing the paperwork on the '04 TL was painful. I have so little respect for that dealership.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by doomed_acura
Prior to this '04 TL, I had a '02 TL Type-S from nalley Acura. Of course, it had the notorious transmission issue (replaced 3 times between 21,000 and 28,000 miles). I contacted ACS and also Nalley and proceeded with that course for a while, then finally realized that both were horrendous and filed a complaint with the BBB and settled the complaint with Acura for the '04 TL (with a contribution of about $3,000 from me for the diffference). I learned my lesson with Nalley then. Their management was poor, they would always try to give you some POS rental car as loaner, and even completing the paperwork on the '04 TL was painful. I have so little respect for that dealership.

When I went to Nalley, they said they always give out loaners. I assumed that there were talking about other acuras. But now I guess, its just POS cars.

I wonder if all Nalley dealers suck like Nalley Acura.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:27 PM
aw1
Pro

Its to bad I cant anything good for Acura of Brooklyn (NYC)... Good to hear that at least there are some good dealerships out there...
Old 10-18-2005, 06:07 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Actually all my loaners (my many many loaners) from Nalley were Acuras. There were 3 TSXs and one 05 RL. But even the RL couldn't make up for their terrible service!
Old 10-18-2005, 06:17 PM
My baby's daddy

Well, we Atlantans are quite lucky! I have had nothing but excellent service and treatment from Ed Voyles Acura. RIght now I am driving a new white TL as a loaner because they didn't figure out the security problem my 99 TL is having. Their service is outstanding and they are ALWAYS courteous and sincere. They want to help when they can and they go out of their way for it. A friend of mine at work recommends Acura Carland. She is shopping for a new TL to replace her 98 with 200K miles.

I have recently dumped a very new Volvo because the dealership (Dyer) stunk. So, it is not common enough but I sure am glad for Ed Voyles and their people: specifically the service department!

gotta run
Old 10-18-2005, 06:52 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Jason Fidanza has been a great advisor. My car's going back for its last warranty work before expiration in the next couple of weeks. My driver's side window is jumping on the tracks and the button has a delay, also it keeps blowing fuses. Mileage is 48916 and warranty expires 11/26/05.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:35 AM
ITL
I do my own work.

Once again, Ed Voyles has taken care of me with excellent customer service. period.

I'll return the loaner TL and pick up my TL with 3 new parts covered under warranty. All three of these issues were very minor, but they took care of them anyway.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:16 AM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I repsectfully disagree with that statement. I bought several cars from Nalley Honda in Union City. Great Sales staff and outstanding service department. I don't know about Nalley Acura, as I bought my TL from Baranco. Baranco has average sales staff and outstanding service department.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:30 PM
IDontRideFastIJustFlyLow

i just bought my TL from GPhonda, and was wondering if i were to take it to an acura dealer for service or just stick with Gwinette place, cuz acuracarland is on the way and ed voyles is the same distance as to carland. any suggestions
Old 10-26-2005, 07:15 PM
Black

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by zalik22
I have to diasgree with you guys. I took my 04 TL to Ed Voyle's because I had a sagging headliner and they completed the job in 30 minutes. A week later, it was sagging. I took it to Acura Carland (which is where I go for all my servicing now) and they said a proper fix takes about 2 hours. It's still holding up over a year later.
This was the "bizarre" part I referred to above. I'm not sure everything has been completed (I know for sure that my alignment is still slightly off), but I can guarantee that I have Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires and the previous Bridgestones aren't on my car...

"You can prove what you see"

If Acura Carland wasn't so damn far away I'd give them a shot.

But this will be my last Japanese-American car - I'm going back to German and happy to pay it.

-josh
Old 10-27-2005, 09:04 AM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Gunsnroses316
i just bought my TL from GPhonda, and was wondering if i were to take it to an acura dealer for service or just stick with Gwinette place, cuz acuracarland is on the way and ed voyles is the same distance as to carland. any suggestions
Good question. I think you can take it to any dealer for warranty/service work. Any dealer should welcome your business. I boought my 530I at Nalley BMW, great sales department, and have it serviced at Hank Aaron BMW, great service department.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:16 PM
IDontRideFastIJustFlyLow

i hv a 02 tlp with 70000 on it , i saw a 04tl with 24k at nalley honda, went there and the sales dept is one of the worst i hv ever met , that guy didnt know how to spell acura he thought for a while and wrote aucra, he took 10mins to type my vin , on the other hand ed voyles won me over ,excellent service and sales, on a another occasion same day jim ellis offered me 15k for mine and get an 04 from them at 26595 out the door with 31k black with spoiler, sales is competent. and if you go to acura carland dont even think of acknowleging Jeff in sales one of the worst out there like a shark ready for the kill , he is the worst.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:57 AM
Safety Car

that guy didnt know how to spell acura he thought for a while and wrote aucra

and if you go to acura carland dont even think of acknowleging Jeff in sales one of the worst out there like a shark ready for the kill , he is the worst.
Rich @ Acura Carland is the same way, thats why I went to Voyles instead.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:40 PM
IDontRideFastIJustFlyLow

i finally bought a 04TL from roswell infinity 04 TL antracite with only 16200 miles one owner it looked like brand new sounded like brand new and drove like new traded my 02 with 71000 miles got 15000 for my trade cuz i told him i came from ed voyles and was gonna go to them and buy one today and since the 04 was on the lot since 9/5/05 i got it for 26300.
whenever goin to purchase in atl just get a card of sales staff from anyother dealership and keepit in ur hand when u go to any other dealership, they will either match it or gv it to u for less cuz its a buyers market and dealers are competing.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:19 PM
Intermediate

I don't believe many people here live in Canada, but for those that do live in the GTA region, Acura of North Toronto has been very no BS with us. We've had a HUGE array of problems with the car ranging from squeeks interior and exterior, to 2 pistons misfiring and a poorly programmed ECU and they've fixed every problem we've had no BS and very quickly too. Everytime within a few hours as well. The sales guys are great too, very friendly and reasonable. All in all, a professional dealership I would reccommend to anyone in the GTA.