Drove an A-Spec TL today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003 | 09:53 PM
10th Gear

Talking Drove an A-Spec TL today!!!

OK, well not quite :p It was an Anthracite/ebony auto with the A-Spec wheels (18") and 235/40 18 Falkens. Also had the body kit with small trunk spoiler AND it was lowered about 1 inch on Neuspeed springs. Not the same springs as the true A-Spec from the factory but about the same amount of drop.
This car looked AWESOME! The salesman was a great guy too-no typical car salesman hype or B.S. The car was the dealership owner's whom I've talked to before. This dealer here in So. Cal. (Valencia Acura) is really into performance etc. and they always have a number of modded TSXs, RSXs and, of course, TLs.
About a year ago I drove his '03 Comptech modded TL-S and really liked it too! This '04 was just incredible though, very aggresive looking but not too "ricey". Anyway, we drove it on about a 10 mile loop-no freeways though. Ride and handling were just about perfect for my tastes. The ride was compliant, yet firm as you would expect. Surprisingly, the shock damping seemed to work just fine with the shorter, stiffer springs. I drive an Accord with Neuspeeds, adjustable Konis, adjustable swaybars and 18s, so I am used to a firm ride. For me the trade-off is worth the stiffer ride, but it's not for everyone.
Loved the interior although I didn't have time to play with the stereo. No Nav on this one, in fact none of the ones on the lot had it and there were about 8-10 TLs!
I didn't have my digicam with me, but I will try to get by tomorrow and take a few pics for posting.
I think my mind is about made up....
Oh, BTW I had to mention the looks this car generated was ubelievable! (I guess it could have been me....nahhh)
Old 11-06-2003 | 11:02 PM
Advanced

sweet. im very interested in what the lowered car looks like... im not that all out for making the ride stiffer for a little bit less roll, but if the car looks better lowered im going to go for aspec.
Old 11-06-2003 | 11:32 PM
10th Gear

Yes, the lowering by about an inch really makes a difference with the 18s. Personally, I will forego the A-spec stuff and just do my own springs (coilovers) and wheel/tire combo. Not a bad looking body kit though, especially compared to some of the abominations you see out there...