Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drive out costs or car price in the Seattle area

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 12:37 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post drive out costs or car price in the Seattle area

I plan to start negotiating for a new TL soon and am curious to know the drive out costs, or even just the agreed upon car price, that are being offered by the Seattle area dealers: Bellevue, Seattle, Lynnwood, Hinshaw.

Also, any great or horrible experiences with these dealers?

Thanks!
Old 02-18-2004, 02:54 AM
SSH
Advanced

Re: drive out costs or car price in the Seattle area

Originally posted by Lozenge
I plan to start negotiating for a new TL soon and am curious to know the drive out costs, or even just the agreed upon car price, that are being offered by the Seattle area dealers: Bellevue, Seattle, Lynnwood, Hinshaw.

Thanks!
If you're getting a Navi car then anything below MSRP is a good deal. I payed MSRP and got them to discount the body kit a few hundred. Just be firm on not paying for any second sticker or "dealer prep" BS charges. And if you don't need the protection package don't pay for it, its basically built-in margin for the dealer.

I bought from Hinshaw because they didn't require a deposit when ordering. Bellevue wanted $1000 "non-refundable" so I took my business elsewhere.

Unfortunatly I don't think any of the Seattle area dealers have a great reputation. Bellevue might be the best of the lot but your milage may vary.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:45 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Re: drive out costs or car price in the Seattle area

Originally posted by Lozenge

Thanks!
There's someone here who had an absolutely horrific experience with Lynnwood. Unfortunately, the post got erased in a recent crash of this forum. So here's another place he posted what they tried to pull:

http://www.acur*world.com/forums/sho...threadid=38677

Replace the * with an a.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:28 PM
3rd Gear

So Lozenge, any news on your quest to find the best deal in the Seattle area?
Old 02-18-2004, 06:44 PM
Advanced

If you pay MSRP... take it. The car is still too new to get anything lower, at least in the Seattle area. I got mine in Lynnwood... I know what the other guy said about Lynnwood, but in all honesty... every dealership is gonna try and jack you... thats why its your duty to be a smart consumer and know what youre buying. If youre leasing... 3 important things. 1. pay as least as possible up front. 2. no longer than 48months, and 3. good residual. Its pretty cut and dry. you may have more leverage now as i opposed to me when I bought mine in Oct 2003 when it came out. but no one is gonna give you a screamer deal for the car unless you know someone at the dealership. They don't have to, they'll still sell.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:30 AM
Instructor

Acura of Seattle seems to have the best inventory right now. You may even be able to drive a navi off the lot if you are not picky about color. I think they have almost every color combination in non-navi. I wouldn't expect a stellar deal though.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:33 PM
Anthracite First Lady

I went to Peter Kim at Bellvue. I ended up with a great deal and a pretty good friend. Many can't say that about their salesman.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:45 PM
3rd Gear

Hey SabosTL,

What did you get and what is the price? Would you recomend your salesman and this dealership?

thx
Old 02-21-2004, 11:51 AM
Anthracite First Lady

Peter has become a good friend of mine and I have referred quite a few people to him. I paid MSRP but ordered mine before the official release. So I wasn't expecting much of a deal. But I don't feel I was taken, and inf act after looking at the paperwork after, I feel pretty confident about the whole thing. Because I had a trade I was worried about losing but ended up 2 grand ahead.

Peter also knows a lot about cars... he is currently modding his civic (again). I bought both a TSX and a TL from him and he is a great source of info about aftermarket parts for them.

I would tell anyone to go to Peter... he isn't pushy or sleazy... and I would buy from him again.
Old 02-21-2004, 12:36 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I drove the TSX and TL back to back, Peter didn't pressure me at all to make a decision and purchase right then and there. When I eventually buy the TSX (it "fits" me better than the TL), I plan on going back to Peter Kim.

In short, I also recommend Peter.
Old 02-21-2004, 01:17 PM
4th Gear

I bought from acura of Spokane, Its a little bit of a trip but you will have a reason to drive the new car when you pick it up. I live 150 miles from Spokane and 200 miles from Seattle. I had a great experience with Greg McKinley , he is thier Internet manager I negociated over the Internet and ordered the car new from the factory. It took about 2 months but it was worth it. I purchased a white 04 TL auto navi. Got it for 1000 off MSRP which I thought was reasonable. Just a Thought.
Old 02-23-2004, 11:39 AM
Cruisin'

A couple of weeks back I decided to buy a non-navi TL over at Acura of Seattle. I did lots of negotiating and eventually got the following deal:

2004 NBP AT non-navi with Protection package included
$31,750+tax

I decided to add a wing spoiler which brought the final price to $32,450 + tax.

Is this a good price?

I already found some problems though right on my way home from picking it up - malfunction indicator light flashed while I was on sport-shift; there was a small damage, almost a tear, on the driver's leather seat right where you sit on; looks like the mechanic who detailed it had some keys or something sharp that did the damage. I will call about it first thing tomorrow.

I'll see how responsive these guys are at Acura of Seattle and post my feedback here. I'm sure those guys are aware of this forum and how customer's feedback here can affect future customer's buying decisions.
Old 02-23-2004, 11:47 AM
Instructor

LT,

What color did you get? I have seen a lot of TL's on the road over the past week. I drive Red/Ebony from Acura of Seattle.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:46 PM
Cruisin'

seattle area

I was very dissatisfied with Hinshaw's Acura in Fife.

They called me back 3 days after the sale to try to get me to lower my residual amount by 2 pts. A cheap scam that fortunately did not work thanks to help from some on this board...

Funny that I didn't get a survey satisfaction card also. Too bad for them I called Acura Corp. and they are mailing one to me direct....
Old 02-23-2004, 02:21 PM
Cruisin'

Bartmen, I got NBP. What price did you pay for yours? Does it have Navi?
Old 02-23-2004, 02:29 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by LT-Aruca
Bartmen, I got NBP. What price did you pay for yours? Does it have Navi?
5AT w/Navi, MSRP.