Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't buy from Prestige Acura

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 07:25 AM
GreggRob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't buy from Prestige Acura

Do not buy from Prestige Acura in Santa Rosa California. I do not recommend it. I bought an 06' TL for 34,500 (excluding tax) in Nov. of 05. The car was totaled. Went back to do the paperwork to get my warranty money back. They had me write on a piece of scratch paper "My car was totaled, I want my warranty money back." That felt weird to me. Called Acura Care about the process, they said, "you need to fill out the cancellation request form along with a police report or accident report, then sign it." Acura Care also told me Prestige uses a standard from. Which basically means, they're forging my signature. On the form, you have the option of having your refund sent to the dealership or to you. I call Prestige, they said they don't use that form. They told me that there is a cost involved in cancelling the warranty, "how are we supposed to recoup our loses?" I'm told. So, they're taking a hit when I start the warranty and when I cancel it? That's not right and Acura Care agreed with me. So, I filled out the form and faxed it to Acura Care. They're sending me the refund. Not sending it to Prestige Acura.

Previous to this. Talked to the Sales manager about buying an 07 TL. He said he'd be in on Tuesday. I go in Tuesday morning, cash in hand. I find out he's at a car action all day. Huh? Went to Marin Acura in the bay area and bought my new car in 5 hours. Bought an 07 TL at Marin for a hundred bucks more that what I paid for my 06 Acura TL at Prestige a year ago. What's that tell you?