3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does a new TL really rattle and make a lot of noise?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 11:31 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

2006 5AT Anthracite/Ebony/Nav. No rattles. Smooth ride. Couldn't be happier.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:39 PM
9th Gear

Rattles ARE a problem

I have an '05 and have had major problems with rattles. Car has been in the shop about 10x since I bought it. Thanks to this forum, I've been able to provide fix info to the dealer, otherwise I would be going insane (about too anyway). Other than the rattles, car has been a dream - guess that's why I have a love/hate relationship with my ride. Hope that helps.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:50 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
As an "outsider" who has very seriously considered the TL and now changed his mind, I can say all the talk about rattles and squeaks did it for me.

Yeah, there's more to the car than that, but I simply can't tolerate a rattly car here in the 21st Century. There's just no reason Acura's assembly quality isn't good enough to produce a rattle-free car. Besides, I have to wonder about other things when a mfr can't even make a car that doesn't rattle.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:04 PM
Intermediate

05 - no rattles here!
Old 04-24-2006, 11:52 AM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
As an "outsider" who has very seriously considered the TL and now changed his mind, I can say all the talk about rattles and squeaks did it for me.

Yeah, there's more to the car than that, but I simply can't tolerate a rattly car here in the 21st Century. There's just no reason Acura's assembly quality isn't good enough to produce a rattle-free car. Besides, I have to wonder about other things when a mfr can't even make a car that doesn't rattle.
Can't bame ya for that decision, although the TL is still a good car. It's like playing roulette - you might get one that is rattle-free or you might get one that will need some minor fixes down the road.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:52 PM
Advanced

I hate to say it, but Lexus build quality is a step above Acura. I had an ES300 with 160k miles and ZERO squeeks rattles, etc. It was a very solid and very reliable!

But it had no soul. My '56 Bug has soul. The TL is about half-way there. Dunno why the German's seem to build more personality into their cars....
Old 04-25-2006, 12:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Since its spring now, i roll down my windows quite a lot more now and the window rattle when closing the door is really getting to me now. Even toyota corollas doors dont rattle when closing them with the window down. I know know, most people on here will tell me "why don't you get a corolla and stop whinning...." blah blah blah, but most people will feel the same way as i do becuase the Acura build quality on the TL does suck.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:33 AM
Intermediate

06 with 2000 miles on it and 0 rattles. I also own a 00 Accord V6 with 92500 miles on it also with 0 rattles. I guess its just a roll of the dice who gets the car with the loose screws/panels.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SO I took my TL in to have a road test to hear for rattles. Of course the tech gets in and doesn't hear a gatdamn thing! But I heard it all along, did I just get some deaf technician? Well he said he'd pull it apart if i really wanted to (right side door panel), but I just said forget it, it'll get worse and I'll bring it back. I was thinkin' to myself "well i guess it's not that bad afterall." a day later more rattles...damn.. what do i do now? I'm gonna try to install an alarm system myself, should i just try to fix it then? or have the dealer do it? warranty issues?
Old 05-10-2006, 08:11 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by TLinSA
I guess it all depends on the TL you happen to purchase.

I have a 2004 6MT and seldom get any rattles, and when I do get something it's usually on a rough or particularly rutted road. A lot of the issues discussed on the board seem like they may depend on a particular car or a person's particular circumstances—for example, in the discussions about the fallen headliner (another issue I have not had, excuse me while I pause to knock on my wooden desk), I've wondered whether the people who have this problem tend to park outdoors in the sun a lot, because my car is seldom parked outdoors and I haven't had the issue.

The other thing that I think is important to remember is that with any Internet review, you have to take the negative comments with a grain of salt. I don't mean that as a slam on anyone on this forum. Rather, what I've noticed is that it's the people who have complaints who are more motivated to post things, and it's often seemed to me that it's far easier to find negative comments about something on the Internet than it is to find positive comments. The other thing is that a lot of people who complain don't do so constructively—for example, if someone says, "My TL rattles too much. It's crummy and I hate it," I tend to roll my eyes and ignore that post because it doesn't tell me anything and it sounds like something that a whiny 10-year-old would say. If someone says, "I found that my TL was rattling from the back of the car and it bothered me, so I took out all loose items and eventually isolated it to the area near the subwoofer," I'm more inclined to think that person is credible.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:34 AM
7th Gear

Have about 6600 miles on my '06, and rattles are bothering me a lot too. I have one in the headliner right above my head, one at the front corner of the driver's window, I think the rubber bushing in the driver's door makes a sound, and there are occasional creaks from the center console. The WORST one for me, however, is that the trim in both doors buzzes loud on certain bass heavy music, and when male voices are speaking. I sort of reduced it by sticking my fingers between the top of the door and the window and pulling out a bit, but it's stupid that I have to do that at all. NOt too happy, but I'm hoping as the car loosens up, maybe these things will decrease (although they'll probably be replaced by other rattles). I'll stick with the car, but if I'd known this could happen, I would have bought something else.