Old 04-19-2004, 12:58 AM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Does Acura Really Care About Us

WHERE ARE THEY WITH THE RECALLS.LIKE THE TIRE'S,ROOFS,SUNROOFS,AND SO ON
Old 04-19-2004, 02:07 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess we'll find out. But people need to call in and file a complaint or concern with customer service. Otherwise, we're just moaning here and pissing in the wind... I've already called.
Old 04-19-2004, 02:32 AM
5th Gear

what kind of tire issues are you having?

be glad you didn't buy a Maxima...Not that you would have considered stepping down, but we have a pretty hard time with customer service, being as it isn't a luxury name plate..

our 6 speed tranny grinds in 3rd gear pretty frequently (20-25% of 6 speed owners)

we have a serious paint chip problem on the front of the cars

and the cabin is no where near as isolated as your barnstormers...

oh, our tires...Bridgestone PRETENDERS (Potenzas) have HORRIBLE grip!

-vq
Old 04-19-2004, 05:52 AM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by acura911
WHERE ARE THEY WITH THE RECALLS.LIKE THE TIRE'S,ROOFS,SUNROOFS,AND SO ON
THERE ARE NO ISSUES, SO WHY WOULD ACURA ISSUE A RECALL?

Of the 37,000 TL's sold, about what, 100 owners post in here? Most of them here *because* they've got a few squeaks?

Perception in a forum is a funny thing. Don't let it get to you.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:24 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by boltjames

Of the 37,000 TL's sold, about what, 100 owners post in here? Most of them here *because* they've got a few squeaks?

WELL SAID!!!
Old 04-19-2004, 06:48 AM
Racer

To answer your question, yes on the surface Acura will care about a customer to a degree, however when all is said and done the only thing that protects you are any law's such as the Lemon Law and any other sort of buyer advocacy. Otherwise like any other corporation Acura is out for the mighty dollar.

Additionally, why would Acura create TSB's if it doesn’t need to. That costs them money. Same with a recall. Any recalls cost millions of dollars. Just look at Chrysler and Dodge, they are pro's at it.

I can specifically remember a story where in the GM trucks a few years back, one of the pistons would always scuff the liner and over time would wear out early. There were a group of people trying to get GM to call this faulty. This would cause GM to issue a recall, however they just issued a TSB stating that this was normal wear and tear. And any customer who complained about a large thunking noise from the engine would be assured that this is NORMAL engine noises. When in reality their engine was slowly killing itself. Nice of them, Huh?
Old 04-19-2004, 06:54 AM
Instructor

Sorry to hear about your issues..

However, everyone should know that the first year of a new model will have problems until the next year or even the year after that because they need people like you to let them know what the problems are so they can fix them with-in the next years models...

So, on a go forward basis, never by the first or last years model of a particular vehicle...
Old 04-19-2004, 06:55 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not so fast

For problems like headliner separation, I doubt that Acura used a poor adhesive for just the people on this forum. I suspect that many people have the problem and may not know it. Even if they do know it, I suspect that most owners wouldn't know about this forum to report it.

I also think that for the problems that are widely reported here like vibration, rattling, seat memory loss, etc. - these are real issues. Acura would do well to monitor what is being reported here - not for every little complaint, but for widespread items.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:17 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by rvmeush
For problems like headliner separation, I doubt that Acura used a poor adhesive for just the people on this forum. I suspect that many people have the problem and may not know it. Even if they do know it, I suspect that most owners wouldn't know about this forum to report it.

I also think that for the problems that are widely reported here like vibration, rattling, seat memory loss, etc. - these are real issues. Acura would do well to monitor what is being reported here - not for every little complaint, but for widespread items.

I beg to differ. If these were "widespread" problems, why would they have the highest consumer rating of any car in their class on multiple sites/magazines?
Old 04-19-2004, 07:33 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 642 Likes on 284 Posts
Originally Posted by boltjames

THIS MAN KNOWS.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:45 AM
Safety Car

really there are minimal issues with the car. if acura recalled everytime there was a complaint we would all be driving loaners most the time. if you have a serious problem with the build quality of tire problem take it up with acura as an individual. problems have been addressed like the memory seat issue which did effect the early vin numbers. so its not like acura doesn't fix anything, there has to be a justification for a recall or fix.
Old 04-19-2004, 11:39 AM
Advanced

Caball is right. Acura has not said they will not fix anything yet. They have to learn of widespread problems so just make a friendly call to advise them of your concerns or issue's so that they can document and quantify them.