Do you want to trade in your TL???

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004 | 04:16 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by acuraddict
There is no better value, no better combination of interior and exterior style, and no better performing, feature-packed car on the road than this one.
I agree fully, except that it would be better AWD, but besides that I can't live with rattles. It is just the way I am. I hate noise that doesn't belong. I am very anal when it comes to things like that. Other people are different and don't mind.
When talking to dealers about all the minor TL issues they all look like I am talking a foreign language too.
Old 06-03-2004 | 04:41 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by KJSmitty
If every consumer felt he was just a whiner for complaining, thus choosing not to confront a manufacturer, poor quality would be more rampant than it is. As for Acura, or any automotive/product manufacturer, after personally working in the field for 8+ years as well as having an MBA and 15 years of business under my belt, I guarantee its all of us returning products for warranty/exchange that change processes performed by the producers resulting in better products.
Well, DAMN I'm impressed with your MBA, Ralph Nader, but I don't necessarily agree with your philosophy. I owned an Audi A6 4.2, and no matter how many times I complained to the service department and to Audi of America about the poor service, nothing changed. I also owned a Lexus SC430 (even though I don't have an MBA), and no matter how many times I and my fellow owners complained about the rough ride and numerous RATTLES caused by the runflat tires, Lexus still chose to include them as an extra-cost "option" that was basically mandatory in the purchase. Consequently, I really don't think our "consumer crusades" really make as much of a difference as you think.

Now, back to topic... even after owning more expensive cars, I love my TL and can't think of anything on the market right now I'd rather own. I enjoy the tight handling and 0-60 time of the A6 without the service issues, the sound system of the SC430 without the sloppy handling, and the knowledge that I'm only $35k out-of-pocket. I'm just sorry that there are owners who are having problems and haven't been able to enjoy this car to the fullest. I hope they get them resolved. This is an outstanding automobile.
Old 06-03-2004 | 09:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by 92NSX
I have to admit this is about the best thread I have read on this forum to date. I love it.
I'm considering trading in either the spouses Mustang LX or my NSX on a TL and like hearing all this positive and negative issues.
When I go to the dealer and have expressed my concerns over some of the problems I already know of, they look at me like I'm an alien. C'mon now, even they have to know about this stuff.
I'm glad to have found this site and gotten some invaluable info from here otherwise I might have bought one already and not been armed with the knowledge that I now have.
Thank guys and keep the comments coming.
The Sales guys are usually clueless, unless they are really following up. I cc: ed my sales guy on the letter I wrote to Acura and the Service Manager, when I stopped by he was shocked and didn;t realize others might be having same issue, I told him to read the forums.
Old 06-04-2004 | 04:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NightRider
KeithL and others who are complaining:

I have some rattles in my car, about half have been fixed and the other half will be soon enough. Let me give it to you from experience, I used to own a benz 97 C class. Would you rather have squeaks and rattles, or electrical and mechanical problems? Squeaks and rattles you can still drive with, some electrical and mechanical problems sideline you or have a detrimental effect on the vehicle. I know I get really annoyed with these things too but look at it this way.....Would you rather be in a relationship with someone who (only 1) had either a nice personality or good looks? If they didn't look as good as you'd like, maybe get an extreme makeover or something, but you can't really change someone's personality. Look at the overall picture -----> GREAT CAR

SIDE NOTE: Acura can tend to be bastards about warranty issues sometimes, work with them. I had to push and prod a little bit, but now they handle everything great.
I shouldn't have to pick and choose what issues I'd rather put up with. Fact of the matter is, this car isn't basic transportation so shouldn't have rattle/squeak/electrical/mechanical/insert issue here problems. As for choosing personality types, that's what dating was for, if I didn't like her I dropped her, hopfully without spending over 30,000 on her like I did my car that shouldn't rattle/squeak or have mechanical issues. :shit:
Old 06-04-2004 | 08:52 PM
Mike

The more I drive my TL the more I love it. The ride, the sound system, the navigation system and the overall quality make it a pleasure to drive. The only car we're thinking about trading in is my wife's BMW.
Old 06-04-2004 | 10:47 PM
Advanced

Doesn't Illinois have lemon laws? With as many issues as Norse has had, Florida would have hooked you up under the Lemon Law by now... either a refund or new TL
Old 06-05-2004 | 02:18 AM
Racer

yeah I intend to trade mine in in 2-3 years for a lexus ls 430. no complaints at all about mine but then I am not a whiner. no rattles or squeaks and got michelin pilot sports at purchase. the way some of these people fuck their cars up with too large rims and silly mods you would expect that they would have 'issues' but the unfortunate person who buys their trade in will be the one with legitimate complaints.
Old 06-05-2004 | 09:59 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 999999
What actually is amusing is that no one is really stuck in this car. The demand is so strong and supply of used nearly non-existent that one could just sell it and probably not take a big hit.
This is a very interesting comment. I wonder exactly how much of a hit a person would take right now selling a TL with a few months and few thousand miles. If in fact the resale market is decent, then perhaps those who are really dissatisfied with the car should put their money where their mouths are.